Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Any techies about please?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I have windows 8, and itunes, and a memory stick full of tunes that I want to transfer to itunes??

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *igeiaWoman
over a year ago

Bristol

It all depends on their file format but most audio formats are compatible so navigate to the memory stick on the desktop, select all the audio files on it and right click (or control click if you're on a Mac) then scroll to the open with option that pops up and select iTunes. You should get a prompt asking if you want to copy them into your iTunes folder; if not then check your iTunes preferences and try again.

over a year ago

"It all depends on their file format but most audio formats are compatible so navigate to the memory stick on the desktop, select all the audio files on it and right click (or control click if you're on a Mac) then scroll to the open with option that pops up and select iTunes. You should get a prompt asking if you want to copy them into your iTunes folder; if not then check your iTunes preferences and try again."

Oh dear! You lost me at Itunes preferences!!

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Turn it off, then turn it on again? About as techie as I get, sorry

By *atinbootsTV/TS
over a year ago

Market Rasen

Open iTunes, stick the stick in the slot, and it might see them... Aside from that I don't know either hunni, sorry x

over a year ago

Lose your iPhone

Claim on the insurance

Get an Android phone you can just copy the mp3s to directly without having to bother with iTunes.

By *igeiaWoman
over a year ago

Bristol

"It all depends on their file format but most audio formats are compatible so navigate to the memory stick on the desktop, select all the audio files on it and right click (or control click if you're on a Mac) then scroll to the open with option that pops up and select iTunes. You should get a prompt asking if you want to copy them into your iTunes folder; if not then check your iTunes preferences and try again.

Oh dear! You lost me at Itunes preferences!! "

If it doesn't give you the prompt to copy the files when you open them in iTunes then go up to the iTunes preferences or settings bit (it's been a while since I looked at it but it'll be a dropdown menu type thing near the top left of the iTunes window) and find the box that you can tick to automatically copy files into the iTunes folder.

By *ary_ArgyllMan
over a year ago

Argyll

Open ITunes, find the preferences menu and it should tell you the default path for storing tune files.

Copy your tunes from memory stick to that folder.

Open ITunes again and it should start recognising the tunes are there and add them to the list.

ITunes can be a pain though and you may have to try a few times to get it right

over a year ago

Something like this?

http://youtu.be/3IEVn_4NK1c

By *my-blackTV/TS
over a year ago

Poole

"Lose your iPhone

Claim on the insurance

Get an Android phone you can just copy the mp3s to directly without having to bother with iTunes."

Probably not the most helpful answer to the OP problem but as a longterm best solution gets my vote

By *ig1gaz1Man
over a year ago

bradford

I stopped using that thing along time ago, Instead I use xilisoft iphone magic platinum

much easier to do and converts them to right format also does video files as well

also you can get old music files off of it instead of being forced to format the ipod, iphone when using itunes

By *ig1gaz1Man
over a year ago

bradford

heres the easiest way to do it for itunes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1rQvBcudqQ

over a year ago

You might find it easier to just download them to your laptop/computer, then move them to itunes, then to your phone.

that's how i do it.

By *harpDressed ManMan
over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

"Open ITunes, find the preferences menu and it should tell you the default path for storing tune files.

Copy your tunes from memory stick to that folder.

Open ITunes again and it should start recognising the tunes are there and add them to the list.

ITunes can be a pain though and you may have to try a few times to get it right"

This looks right, including the bit about iTunes potentially ignoring it.

Persist.

over a year ago

"Lose your iPhone

Claim on the insurance

Get an Android phone you can just copy the mp3s to directly without having to bother with iTunes."

I have a Samsung phone but I like my Ipod for the gym and the car xx

over a year ago

Thanks all- hadcto download and then transfer folder by folder but getting free music and circumnavigating Apple and their stranglehold always pleases me! xx

Post new Message to Thread