Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

helping others this christmas...

Jump to newest

By *uzy444 OP   Woman
over a year ago

in the suffolk countryside

So for some people, christmas is hard..

but i know some people really make an effort to do somethings for others, whether its to take their own minds off of their problems, or put their energy into positive change. id love to hear of the projects you are involved in, or know about so others may feel inspired to join in the giving of the season..

this year like ones of the past, i am collecting socks/hats scarves and good quality mens jumpers/ flecces for the local winter homeless shelter and in february the nocturnal roll call social will hopefully raising some money for make a wish foundation...

through a 'chocolate and sex' tombola and an auction of promises..

what goodness is happening near you..and post how peeps can get involved x

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

another reason I think Suzy is wonderful.

I sadly have no time to go out and volunteer to help and charities etc this year (I wish I did) and really admire those that do.

So instead I'll just continue to donate to what I believe to be worthy causes and hope that the money is put to good use by the custodians of those causes!

Have a great Chrimbo everyone

over a year ago

Volunteering on Xmas day for an hour or so with my daughter to help serve Xmas dinner to homeless at our local community centre. Her suggestion too which made me very proud x

By *uzy444 OP   Woman
over a year ago

"Volunteering on Xmas day for an hour or so with my daughter to help serve Xmas dinner to homeless at our local community centre. Her suggestion too which made me very proud x"

that is awesome. big hugs to both of you, im sure you will be appreciated x

By *uzy444 OP   Woman
over a year ago

" another reason I think Suzy is wonderful.

I sadly have no time to go out and volunteer to help and charities etc this year (I wish I did) and really admire those that do.

So instead I'll just continue to donate to what I believe to be worthy causes and hope that the money is put to good use by the custodians of those causes!

Have a great Chrimbo everyone "

i dont believe i am wonderful dan, i just have had very hard times in the past, and dont like thinking of other people feeling they are not thought about, and its also a way of me keeping focused on what i can change in this world, rather than what as a person i cant...but thank you, your sentiments i know, come from a heart felt place and whatever you do over Christmas, i truly hope it will be a special one x

By *parkle1974Woman
over a year ago

Leeds

I'm having a couple of elderly neighbors round for dinner as they have no family x

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

I help people everyday, I need a day off and Christmas is my day to be a wee bit selfish but I take my hat off to those that help the less fortunate over the Christmas time.

By *uzy444 OP   Woman
over a year ago

"I help people everyday, I need a day off and Christmas is my day to be a wee bit selfish but I take my hat off to those that help the less fortunate over the Christmas time. "

right...you are a loving person, anyone can see that..i trust you have a blessed day xx i do the same on my birthday...

over a year ago

"I help people everyday, I need a day off and Christmas is my day to be a wee bit selfish but I take my hat off to those that help the less fortunate over the Christmas time. "

+1

I often have to work Christmas Day - if I don't work it then I am quite selfish in spending that day on my family only as they have to give me up too often as it is.

By *uzy444 OP   Woman
over a year ago

"I'm having a couple of elderly neighbors round for dinner as they have no family x"

thats lovely xx..my parents only have me, and my kids, my brother is not really coherent, poor souls, so i spend it with them

By *uzy444 OP   Woman
over a year ago

"I help people everyday, I need a day off and Christmas is my day to be a wee bit selfish but I take my hat off to those that help the less fortunate over the Christmas time.

+1

I often have to work Christmas Day - if I don't work it then I am quite selfish in spending that day on my family only as they have to give me up too often as it is. "

i dont think its selfish at all..family often sacrifices things, and christmas can be a time where they too can be especially appreciated. i hope you are appreciated too x

By *edangel_2013Woman
over a year ago

southend

I'll be at work. Which in itself is a challenge, as the client base I work with want to be with their familes but can't be.

It just means I have to be super jolly and really push them. Some I know to leave to wallow in self pity. But to be honest, even those won't be allowed to all day.

My best friend is going to help out at the homeless shelter as I'm working and her husband is on a night shift so he'll be sleeping.

By *uzy444 OP   Woman
over a year ago

"I'll be at work. Which in itself is a challenge, as the client base I work with want to be with their familes but can't be.

It just means I have to be super jolly and really push them. Some I know to leave to wallow in self pity. But to be honest, even those won't be allowed to all day.

My best friend is going to help out at the homeless shelter as I'm working and her husband is on a night shift so he'll be sleeping.

"

big hugs to you, i know how difficult it can be sometimes to be the example or to push people out of their fixed mind set.i trust you get lots of support and have a few nice cheery surprises x

over a year ago

Did an extra food shop today for my local food bank. There are so many people struggling out there. So this Christmas if your doing your yuletide shop, just pop a few extra bits in your trolley.

Spread the love and joy this Christmas

By *uzy444 OP   Woman
over a year ago

"Did an extra food shop today for my local food bank. There are so many people struggling out there. So this Christmas if your doing your yuletide shop, just pop a few extra bits in your trolley.

"

much love to you and pooch this Christmas..big hugs xx

By *anklerMan
over a year ago

Suffolk

I brought a couple of extra presents for the charity gift collection.

I'm also wrapping a couple of little presents up to leave anonymusly on peoples doorsteps

By *uzy444 OP   Woman
over a year ago

"I brought a couple of extra presents for the charity gift collection.

I'm also wrapping a couple of little presents up to leave anonymusly on peoples doorsteps"

oh wow..i love this anonymous gifting idea ..have a wonderful time yourself xx

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

"I brought a couple of extra presents for the charity gift collection.

I'm also wrapping a couple of little presents up to leave anonymusly on peoples doorsteps"

I actually want to do the door step challenge but I actually don't know anyone struggling where I live but I might just buy a tub of chocolates and stick them on a random doorstep

By *anklerMan
over a year ago

Suffolk

"

I actually want to do the door step challenge but I actually don't know anyone struggling where I live but I might just buy a tub of chocolates and stick them on a random doorstep "

I'm not sure I know who's struggling or not really. So it'll just be pot luck

over a year ago

I can't afford to buy extra gifts or food this year. As was made redundant in September

I am volunteering Xmas day as the local care home as it's my first Xmas on my own.

Thankfully I start a new job in the new year.

By *uzy444 OP   Woman
over a year ago

"I can't afford to buy extra gifts or food this year. As was made redundant in September

I am volunteering Xmas day as the local care home as it's my first Xmas on my own.

Thankfully I start a new job in the new year. "

im so glad you found yourself a new job for the new year..sounds like a rough time.. be gentle with you this christmas and i hope that job turns out to be the best of things for you xx big hugs xx

over a year ago

Ive donated the value of one persons gift.im.not buying, to.the Salvation Army today.

And I spent money on goods for a foodbank.

By *uzy444 OP   Woman
over a year ago

"Ive donated the value of one persons gift.im.not buying, to.the Salvation Army today.

And I spent money on goods for a foodbank."

big hugs to you..i hope you have a wonderful christmas xx

By *allipygousMan
over a year ago

Leicester

I'd be more convinced of peoples altruism if they helped those less fortunate than themselves throughout the year, and not just at Christmas.

By *uzy444 OP   Woman
over a year ago

"I'd be more convinced of peoples altruism if they helped those less fortunate than themselves throughout the year, and not just at Christmas."

ahhh and how is your post helping anyone, and why should we justify our altruism to you? or should i be very nice to you, just because its christmas, or at all times because im usually a loving giving person?. if you dont like this thread and its good vibes i request politely that you leave it and go start your own thread on whatever subject you care to post on.. thankyou and happy holidays xx

By *allipygousMan
over a year ago

Leicester

"I'd be more convinced of peoples altruism if they helped those less fortunate than themselves throughout the year, and not just at Christmas.

ahhh and how is your post helping anyone, and why should we justify our altruism to you? or should i be very nice to you, just because its christmas, or at all times because im usually a loving giving person?. if you dont like this thread and its good vibes i request politely that you leave it and go start your own thread on whatever subject you care to post on.. thankyou and happy holidays xx"

But I do like this thread, it's amusing.

By *uzy444 OP   Woman
over a year ago

"I'd be more convinced of peoples altruism if they helped those less fortunate than themselves throughout the year, and not just at Christmas.

ahhh and how is your post helping anyone, and why should we justify our altruism to you? or should i be very nice to you, just because its christmas, or at all times because im usually a loving giving person?. if you dont like this thread and its good vibes i request politely that you leave it and go start your own thread on whatever subject you care to post on.. thankyou and happy holidays xx

But I do like this thread, it's amusing."

i shall report you if you dont stay on topic..because i shall find that amusing...be well, be happy x

By *allipygousMan
over a year ago

Leicester

But I do like this thread, it's amusing.

i shall report you if you dont stay on topic..because i shall find that amusing...be well, be happy x"

Seriously? You'll report me? You are aware how forums work, yes?

over a year ago

I'll be working over the christmas period and trying to make the ladies and gents that i care for on a daily basis as happy as they can be as some dont have families or anyone else to brighten their day.....plus the fact that they make me smile too.xx

By *uzy444 OP   Woman
over a year ago

"I'll be working over the christmas period and trying to make the ladies and gents that i care for on a daily basis as happy as they can be as some dont have families or anyone else to brighten their day.....plus the fact that they make me smile too.xx"

beautiful soul xx thank you for being you and i hope in some way, you will know, you are appreciated xx

over a year ago

Hey Suzy your a saint Hun xxxx

By *uzy444 OP   Woman
over a year ago

"Hey Suzy your a saint Hun xxxx"

of that is true then the saying goes..it takes one to know one..much love and a very merry christmas to you xxx

over a year ago

"I'd be more convinced of peoples altruism if they helped those less fortunate than themselves throughout the year, and not just at Christmas."

Anytime people are happy to help another is worthwhile. This year I finish work at 8am Christmas morning so I'm not doing anything but last year on Christmas Eve I took gift packs out to the homeless.

However anytime anyone helps another should be respected whether just helping someone that falls over, giving up your seat or holding a door open.

over a year ago

I will be visiting my son in his residential placement and there are 4 other lads who's parents never bother with them so I will be taking each lad a present from me so they do not feel left out when my son has his. I will also be sitting down with a meal with them all and playing Christmas games and things with them all xx

over a year ago

"Hey Suzy your a saint Hun xxxx

of that is true then the saying goes..it takes one to know one..much love and a very merry christmas to you xxx"

And a very merry Christmas to you and everyone else xxxx

By *uzy444 OP   Woman
over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 19/12/15 17:52:54]

By *uzy444 OP   Woman
over a year ago

"I will be visiting my son in his residential placement and there are 4 other lads who's parents never bother with them so I will be taking each lad a present from me so they do not feel left out when my son has his. I will also be sitting down with a meal with them all and playing Christmas games and things with them all xx"

i think that's beautiful. im sure they will all be looking forward to it and 5 people in the world will be happier, by you doing, what you are doing for them. may you truly know the joy you are bringing to them all..big hugs to you xx

By *allipygousMan
over a year ago

Leicester

Anytime people are happy to help another is worthwhile. This year I finish work at 8am Christmas morning so I'm not doing anything but last year on Christmas Eve I took gift packs out to the homeless.

However anytime anyone helps another should be respected whether just helping someone that falls over, giving up your seat or holding a door open. "

I agree. It's the self-congratulatory tone of some of the posts that I find amusing.

over a year ago

Last year I.collected coats for a local homeless shelter, this year cooking for 100 at a local community centre.

By *uzy444 OP   Woman
over a year ago

However anytime anyone helps another should be respected whether just helping someone that falls over, giving up your seat or holding a door open.

I agree. It's the self-congratulatory tone of some of the posts that I find amusing."

that is your intepretation..my interpretation is that you are trolling...

forum rules:

Deliberate or malicious disruption of the forum

If you deliberately or maliciously try to interrupt everyone else's enjoyment of the forums, for example by trying to fill up the forum with your own content (just one example), it's not fair and we'll take action.

last warning

By *allipygousMan
over a year ago

Leicester

I agree. It's the self-congratulatory tone of some of the posts that I find amusing.

that is your intepretation..my interpretation is that you are trolling...

forum rules:

Deliberate or malicious disruption of the forum

If you deliberately or maliciously try to interrupt everyone else's enjoyment of the forums, for example by trying to fill up the forum with your own content (just one example), it's not fair and we'll take action.

last warning"

You're funny

By *uzy444 OP   Woman
over a year ago

"Last year I.collected coats for a local homeless shelter, this year cooking for 100 at a local community centre. "

i think i shall be doing this in the next couple of years, the volunteering..

my youngest is still small so i am only giving her what i gave to the others. thank you for placing your kindness into the presence of others this christmas x Much love x

over a year ago

"I will be visiting my son in his residential placement and there are 4 other lads who's parents never bother with them so I will be taking each lad a present from me so they do not feel left out when my son has his. I will also be sitting down with a meal with them all and playing Christmas games and things with them all xx"

Awww how old is your son. ?

over a year ago

"Last year I.collected coats for a local homeless shelter, this year cooking for 100 at a local community centre.

my youngest is still small so i am only giving her what i gave to the others. thank you for placing your kindness into the presence of others this christmas x Much love x"

I hate the whole commercial aspect of Christmas, many people forget the true meaning and are very selfish.

I have 2 small children, I will be taking them.with me. I think its very important to teach them early about helping other people. X

By *uzy444 OP   Woman
over a year ago

"Last year I.collected coats for a local homeless shelter, this year cooking for 100 at a local community centre.

my youngest is still small so i am only giving her what i gave to the others. thank you for placing your kindness into the presence of others this christmas x Much love x

I hate the whole commercial aspect of Christmas, many people forget the true meaning and are very selfish.

I have 2 small children, I will be taking them.with me. I think its very important to teach them early about helping other people. X"

yes i went without my children for many years, and my children go without on a daily basis, because of me looking after everyone else.i love the fact that you are showing them how to be generous people in the world. we do this in our own ways x have a wonderful time. i am sure everyone will appreciate your efforts x big hugs x

over a year ago

I don't avertise my charitable givings, I think its a big "look at me" and I try to do what I choose to do all year round.

By *uzy444 OP   Woman
over a year ago

"I don't avertise my charitable givings, I think its a big "look at me" and I try to do what I choose to do all year round."

thats lovely..many loving thoughts to you as well xx

over a year ago

"I don't avertise my charitable givings, I think its a big "look at me" and I try to do what I choose to do all year round."

Not quite a "look at me" is it

over a year ago

How do you know they don't?

This thread is about helping at Christmas.

over a year ago

I work for a Catholic charity, my youngest son and my daughter are helping me on Christmas day with some other volunteers to prepare and serve Christmas breakfast and dinner at the local Mission. So proud that they are willing to give up their Christmas day to help others.

over a year ago

This thread is about helping at Christmas. "

I help all year round, but Christmas is a time of the year when most people take notice of less fortunate people.. Any help is greatly appreciated believe me..

over a year ago

I work and help alot of people .It's just another day to me .

By *allipygousMan
over a year ago

Leicester

This thread is about helping at Christmas. "

How do you know they do? Apart from those that stated as such?

By *teveanddebsCouple
over a year ago

Norwich

I (Steve) am helping out at a Crisis for Xmas residential centre starting next Tuesday.

By *uzy444 OP   Woman
over a year ago

"I work for a Catholic charity, my youngest son and my daughter are helping me on Christmas day with some other volunteers to prepare and serve Christmas breakfast and dinner at the local Mission. So proud that they are willing to give up their Christmas day to help others. "

big love to you and your whole family xx

By *uzy444 OP   Woman
over a year ago

I help all year round, but Christmas is a time of the year when most people take notice of less fortunate people.. Any help is greatly appreciated believe me.. "

thank you xx

By *uzy444 OP   Woman
over a year ago

"I (Steve) am helping out at a Crisis for Xmas residential centre starting next Tuesday.

"

big hugs steve, wishing you the very best for yourself and all you come into contact with this christmas xx

By *uzy444 OP   Woman
over a year ago

"I work and help alot of people .It's just another day to me ."

it may be, but i hope youll accept my best wishes for the season all the same xx

over a year ago

"I work for a Catholic charity, my youngest son and my daughter are helping me on Christmas day with some other volunteers to prepare and serve Christmas breakfast and dinner at the local Mission. So proud that they are willing to give up their Christmas day to help others.

big love to you and your whole family xx"

Thank you Suzy. Love to you and yours xxx

over a year ago

How do you know they do? Apart from those that stated as such? "

Its their business... Some do, some don't... Why does it bother you so much

over a year ago

i make christmas cakes for the elderly in my village

my heart wasnt in it this year because Christmas is going to be hard i couldnt let them down tho x x

By *allipygousMan
over a year ago

Leicester

Its their business... Some do, some don't... Why does it bother you so much"

It doesn't, I simply made a comment which you and another seem to have taken umbrage at. I'm merely responding to your responses.

over a year ago

"Did an extra food shop today for my local food bank. There are so many people struggling out there. So this Christmas if your doing your yuletide shop, just pop a few extra bits in your trolley.

much love to you and pooch this Christmas..big hugs xx"

Heaps of love and hugs to you Suzie from Pooch and I xx

By *uzy444 OP   Woman
over a year ago

"i make christmas cakes for the elderly in my village

my heart wasnt in it this year because Christmas is going to be hard i couldnt let them down tho x x"

i feel for you foxy, i truly wish you the happiest Christmas that you can have, in the circumstances. i truly hope those folk around you, give you the hugs and support, that you deserve x much love to you xx

over a year ago

Working every day over Christmas Eve ,day and Boxing Day ,nhs

By *uzy444 OP   Woman
over a year ago

"Working every day over Christmas Eve ,day and Boxing Day ,nhs "

i appreciate your service to your community, i trust you and your colleagues are thanked, from everyone you provide for, over the christmas period. big hugs to you x

over a year ago

"I work and help alot of people .It's just another day to me .

it may be, but i hope youll accept my best wishes for the season all the same xx"

You too have a good one .All the best x

over a year ago

"i make christmas cakes for the elderly in my village

my heart wasnt in it this year because Christmas is going to be hard i couldnt let them down tho x x

i feel for you foxy, i truly wish you the happiest Christmas that you can have, in the circumstances. i truly hope those folk around you, give you the hugs and support, that you deserve x much love to you xx"

thank you so much Suzi im very lucky to have a very close loving family so il cry through my tears and remember past Christmases

have a lovely Christmas huni x x

over a year ago

Remember healthcare professionals who continue to help others, as any bank holiday is simply another work day. Xx

over a year ago

We tend to donate a couple of toys or some food to help those who can not afford Christmas. Parents are under so much pressure to buy things every year and it can be quite stressful. Making sure kids have a toy to open or have some kind of Xmas dinner is the best thing you can do. for us Xmas is mainly for the children gift wise. For the adults. I think it is the best time to get the family round for a meal and chat

By *uzy444 OP   Woman
over a year ago

"I help people everyday, I need a day off and Christmas is my day to be a wee bit selfish but I take my hat off to those that help the less fortunate over the Christmas time.

Remember healthcare professionals who continue to help others, as any bank holiday is simply another work day. Xx"

yes sometimes its just nice to stop and say thank you. so maybe we dont do it enough, but at least at one time in the year, some do acknowledge others for what they contribute, in time, in effort and in heart felt expression x

over a year ago

I (Ross) Work as a Homecare assistant however I have Xmas off this year. It makes me happy knowing that even if they don't see their family because they don't have any, too far away, they will see one of our team and have a cuppa and a gab, pop a Christmas cracker or two and try and lift their spirits

over a year ago

Christmas is seasonal... It is winter. This time of year can be isolating both physically and psychologically. I'd rather hear of good acts during this time than never.

By *uzy444 OP   Woman
over a year ago

"We tend to donate a couple of toys or some food to help those who can not afford Christmas. Parents are under so much pressure to buy things every year and it can be quite stressful. Making sure kids have a toy to open or have some kind of Xmas dinner is the best thing you can do. for us Xmas is mainly for the children gift wise. For the adults. I think it is the best time to get the family round for a meal and chat"

its the acts of openness and being inclusive that i find magical at Christmas, yes, we try our best at other times, but i love that people make a concerted effort at this time of year.. thank you for your sharing and may you and your family have a wonderful time x

By *uzy444 OP   Woman
over a year ago

"I (Ross) Work as a Homecare assistant however I have Xmas off this year. It makes me happy knowing that even if they don't see their family because they don't have any, too far away, they will see one of our team and have a cuppa and a gab, pop a Christmas cracker or two and try and lift their spirits"

i hope you and they, have a wonderful time this year x

By *uzy444 OP   Woman
over a year ago

Christmas is seasonal... It is winter. This time of year can be isolating both physically and psychologically. I'd rather hear of good acts during this time than never."

over a year ago

Remember healthcare professionals who continue to help others, as any bank holiday is simply another work day. Xx

yes sometimes its just nice to stop and say thank you. so maybe we dont do it enough, but at least at one time in the year, some do acknowledge others for what they contribute, in time, in effort and in heart felt expression x"

Chocolates, chocolates and more chocolates .

It's a shame the government cannot be as grateful - they simply demand more for less but that's another thread.

By *angerousEyesMan
over a year ago

weston

How do I help anyone this Christmas? I want too I'm just not sure how.

By *awandOrderCouple
over a year ago

SW London

This is the time of year I finally get time, at least a couple of days, to myself and to spend with my family. Spend all year helping others, often twelve hours a day, six days a week .... everything pays off though and people's loves stay on track and their horizons expand. A little and often makes a difference in my book.

over a year ago

It doesn't, I simply made a comment which you and another seem to have taken umbrage at. I'm merely responding to your responses."

You seem critics of people on this thread that's all. Bottom line, some people are selfish, some are selfless. Kindness is a gene some do not have.

By *uzy444 OP   Woman
over a year ago

"How do I help anyone this Christmas? I want too I'm just not sure how."

pick a cause you feel passionate towards, get their local contact number..phone them, and ask...

or food bank or random gifts..i hope this thread inspires you that you CAN make a huge difference somewhere and have a merrier Christmas because of it. xx big hugs for wanting too xx

over a year ago

Donate some food to your local food bank is one of the ways you can make a big difference. A donation to the salvation army will help too, They operate a thing at Xmas and have done every year where they try to give homeless people a hot meal and a bed for the night if possible. donate clothes/toys to Womans aid to help people who are escaping domestic abuse

By *uzy444 OP   Woman
over a year ago

"This is the time of year I finally get time, at least a couple of days, to myself and to spend with my family. Spend all year helping others, often twelve hours a day, six days a week .... everything pays off though and people's loves stay on track and their horizons expand. A little and often makes a difference in my book. "

very true it does x . taking the opportunity to wish you the very best of times for you and your family. may peace and joy be yours this year and throughout the one to come x

over a year ago

"How do I help anyone this Christmas? I want too I'm just not sure how."

There will be appeals from all kinds of charities, local, national, international. Google and see how you can help, time, money, gifts, driving.. Crisis need volunteers, foodbanks, refuges, the aged etc. Or your cat and dog shelter.

By *uzy444 OP   Woman
over a year ago

"Donate some food to your local food bank is one of the ways you can make a big difference. A donation to the salvation army will help too, They operate a thing at Xmas and have done every year where they try to give homeless people a hot meal and a bed for the night if possible. donate clothes/toys to Womans aid to help people who are escaping domestic abuse"

By *awandOrderCouple
over a year ago

SW London

It doesn't, I simply made a comment which you and another seem to have taken umbrage at. I'm merely responding to your responses.

You seem critics of people on this thread that's all. Bottom line, some people are selfish, some are selfless. Kindness is a gene some do not have."

I don't think he is saying he does nothing, he is saying he doesn't need to make a big fuss about it and publicise it. I dont know the man but I can see where he is coming from. I don't think his comments mean he is selfish at all, just making a comment about not feeling or seeing the need to self promote. Best to keep it positive I think ... that is what the thread is all about.

By *uzy444 OP   Woman
over a year ago

"How do I help anyone this Christmas? I want too I'm just not sure how.

There will be appeals from all kinds of charities, local, national, international. Google and see how you can help, time, money, gifts, driving.. Crisis need volunteers, foodbanks, refuges, the aged etc. Or your cat and dog shelter."

over a year ago

"So for some people, christmas is hard..

but i know some people really make an effort to do somethings for others, whether its to take their own minds off of their problems, or put their energy into positive change. id love to hear of the projects you are involved in, or know about so others may feel inspired to join in the giving of the season..

this year like ones of the past, i am collecting socks/hats scarves and good quality mens jumpers/ flecces for the local winter homeless shelter and in february the nocturnal roll call social will hopefully raising some money for make a wish foundation...

through a 'chocolate and sex' tombola and an auction of promises..

what goodness is happening near you..and post how peeps can get involved x"

I've been adding a few items to food banks and buying meal deals for a homeless guy I see in a shop doorway every time I'm at Tesco.

I know every little helps but it does feel like too little.

I run a class every new years eve and give the proceeds to charity.

If I could do more I would....

over a year ago

You seem critics of people on this thread that's all. Bottom line, some people are selfish, some are selfless. Kindness is a gene some do not have.

I don't think he is saying he does nothing, he is saying he doesn't need to make a big fuss about it and publicise it. I dont know the man but I can see where he is coming from. I don't think his comments mean he is selfish at all, just making a comment about not feeling or seeing the need to self promote. Best to keep it positive I think ... that is what the thread is all about."

Ive not stated that the person is selfish. I'm talking about society as a whole. I know lots of people who actively choose not to help charities or the needy.

People are replying to the original poster who asked the question.

By *uzy444 OP   Woman
over a year ago

I don't think he is saying he does nothing, he is saying he doesn't need to make a big fuss about it and publicise it. I dont know the man but I can see where he is coming from. I don't think his comments mean he is selfish at all, just making a comment about not feeling or seeing the need to self promote. Best to keep it positive I think ... that is what the thread is all about."

i clearly stated the intention of the thread in the Opening post.

quote :

id love to hear of the projects you are involved in, or know about so others may feel inspired to join in the giving of the season..

as i have all my message filters on and my profile hidden i cant possibly think of why i could be seen as self promoting by doing this thread. peoples minds only see what they want to.

i have been inspired by these people today and i want to thank them all for sharing. Its lovely to hear there are some beautiful people in the world..that should be promoted and acknowledged more often, in my opinion and yes its Christmas time, a poignant time for some. good will is still alive and kicking..i do think thats a positive thing to see, hear and talk about x

By *awandOrderCouple
over a year ago

SW London

I don't think he is saying he does nothing, he is saying he doesn't need to make a big fuss about it and publicise it. I dont know the man but I can see where he is coming from. I don't think his comments mean he is selfish at all, just making a comment about not feeling or seeing the need to self promote. Best to keep it positive I think ... that is what the thread is all about.

i clearly stated the intention of the thread in the Opening post.

quote :

id love to hear of the projects you are involved in, or know about so others may feel inspired to join in the giving of the season..

as i have all my message filters on and my profile hidden i cant possibly think of why i could be seen as self promoting by doing this thread. peoples minds only see what they want to.

i have been inspired by these people today and i want to thank them all for sharing. Its lovely to hear there are some beautiful people in the world..that should be promoted and acknowledged more often, in my opinion and yes its Christmas time, a poignant time for some. good will is still alive and kicking..i do think thats a positive thing to see, hear and talk about x"

But as its a public forum, you dont have any control over who posts, surely. I dont think issuing a warning, publically, helps your intent of keeping the thread in track .... its provocative in itself .... best wishes to everyone for the holiday season and getting some time to reflect on what is really important in life.

over a year ago

"I will be visiting my son in his residential placement and there are 4 other lads who's parents never bother with them so I will be taking each lad a present from me so they do not feel left out when my son has his. I will also be sitting down with a meal with them all and playing Christmas games and things with them all xx

i think that's beautiful. im sure they will all be looking forward to it and 5 people in the world will be happier, by you doing, what you are doing for them. may you truly know the joy you are bringing to them all..big hugs to you xx"

Thank you so much xxx

over a year ago

Have helped my mum and her friends collect and deliver clothes smellies and treats to a homeless charity in Bristol .Also taken blankets and food to a local animal charity x

By *uzy444 OP   Woman
over a year ago

"Have helped my mum and her friends collect and deliver clothes smellies and treats to a homeless charity in Bristol .Also taken blankets and food to a local animal charity x"

i am sure all those beings, whether two legged or four legged have appreciated all your efforts, may you be blessed with an awesome Christmas yourself xx big hugs to you x

over a year ago

And you ..nice to see a positive and friendly thread x

over a year ago

After I drop my daughters with their mum xmas day Im picking up my friend whose single, becoming dependant on smoking and getting more and more withdrawn. Im bringing him home and letting him spend a week with us. No booze or . Helping him get a pay as you go dongle to get his laptop online, getting him a e-cig to help ween him off tobacco etc he has slight learning difficulties so needs help setting up stuff like that. Hopefully once he goes home he will have a new outlook, some new doors opened and a fresh start in the new year

By *teveanddebsCouple
over a year ago

Norwich

"I (Steve) am helping out at a Crisis for Xmas residential centre starting next Tuesday.

big hugs steve, wishing you the very best for yourself and all you come into contact with this christmas xx"

Thanks Suzy

And for those saying about helping the rest of the year, Crisis at Xmas doesn't just happen by magic with 1000s of volunteers rocking up a few days before the holiday and just getting on with it

Post new Message to Thread