Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Over The Bonnet

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

The Street light outside my gaff is all over the Bonnet of the Old dears car who lives next door...Bloody wind has blown it over will she still be able to claim against the Council or will it be Gods fault??

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I thought this thread was going to be about something else entirely!!!

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

"I thought this thread was going to be about something else entirely!!! "

that cos you has a dirty mind sassy!!!

over a year ago

"I thought this thread was going to be about something else entirely!!!

that cos you has a dirty mind sassy!!! "

By *unterslickCouple
over a year ago

tullamore

lol,so did i,but she should be able to claim on insurance without her insurance goin up,as the insurance company may go after the council for the costs

over a year ago

"lol,so did i,but she should be able to claim on insurance without her insurance goin up,as the insurance company may go after the council for the costs"

TY Will let her know once she gets over the shock...

over a year ago

Hi Baz,

I took this answer from the net. It was in Florida though.

Same prob as you describe but a Brit studying in Florida.

. Unless she can prove the pole was somehow defective and the owners were or should have been aware of the condition, this is just like when a tree falls:

an act of God and there is no liability on the owners part.

over a year ago

Same situation in Florida but an answer with a glimmer of hope x

From what you described, it appears to be a weather related phenomenon, so the apartment complex would not be responsible on liability grounds, and if I were you, I would just read through your own policy to see if it has any restrictions on casualty losses due to storms, that is if she has caualty damage, though I rarely seen it in auto policies.

You have no recourse for "acts of God", so it is your insurance that covers you.

over a year ago

i just that god would hurry the hell up and act on my behalf for a meet on the bonnet of my car ...with a handsome strapping single guy ....hear my prayers GOD.

By *umpkinMan
over a year ago

near the sounds of the wimborne quarter jack!

Street lamp or tree, if it`s on the council`s land they are responsible for it`s upkeep. Yes, she will be able to claim on their insurance without endangering her own NCB. It`s great that it is an inaminate object as opposed to a tree as it will be easier to identify a lack of maintainance. No contest Mr. Council! Cough up!

over a year ago

Will have to sit her down with a large dose of Bob Martins and explain all this...Thanks all...xx

over a year ago

"The Street light outside my gaff is all over the Bonnet of the Old dears car who lives next door...Bloody wind has blown it over will she still be able to claim against the Council or will it be Gods fault?? "

Tell her to contact the council and give them first refusal in paying for the repairs. It will save the taxpayer a little money through less litigation.

By *irtyGirlWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

We had the same problem a couple of years ago... the massive wheelie bins rolled across the street and into someone's car. Right mess they made too. The Council were responsible because the bins weren't sufficiently secured as they are fitted with brakes. It's definitely worth a shot.

Post new Message to Thread