Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Jonesing for love

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

What do you do when you've had a bad day, you feel tired, down, depressed, you desperately want a cuddle and some affection, but you have no one to give it to you, maybe because they're elsewhere, or you simply don't have anyone like that in your life right now?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

I think I could be homeless and count the blessings I do have

By *awandOrderCouple
over a year ago

SW London

"What do you do when you've had a bad day, you feel tired, down, depressed, you desperately want a cuddle and some affection, but you have no one to give it to you, maybe because they're elsewhere, or you simply don't have anyone like that in your life right now?"

When my partner is away, I like to get into bed alone and snuggle up with the pillow or the cat. He'll to pay when he gets back as he is allergic to the fur ... so has to strip the bed and vacuum everything in sight .....

over a year ago

"I think I could be homeless and count the blessings I do have"

I like to think of myself as being very kind to the homeless, certainly with the frequency of my donations, food and even clothes from time to time, in some ways it does help with my loneliness, both in seeing how difficult things are for them, yet they still get on with it, and also in feeling like perhaps I made their load just a tiny bit lighter, at least that day.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"I think I could be homeless and count the blessings I do have"

Be thankful for what you do have and learn to enjoy your own company.

over a year ago

"I think I could be homeless and count the blessings I do have

Be thankful for what you do have and learn to enjoy your own company."

spot on!!

By *ex_OnTheBeachCouple
over a year ago

kent ( by the seaside )

"I think I could be homeless and count the blessings I do have

This

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

"

this..

sometimes when out of the blue the 'black dog' shows its snout its the beauty of what surrounds us in nature that is sufficient..

the material 'wants' that some aspire to can be a millstone around their necks..

over a year ago

"What do you do when you've had a bad day, you feel tired, down, depressed, you desperately want a cuddle and some affection, but you have no one to give it to you, maybe because they're elsewhere, or you simply don't have anyone like that in your life right now?"

I cuddle up to my dogs

By *risky_MareWoman
over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

Phone someone who cares if possible, but otherwise horses are brilliant to hug- they are large, warm, furry creatures and can be very affectionate, plus they need a great deal of caring for, which takes the focus off the self. Win win!

By *oward1978Man
over a year ago

Rotherham

I've spent way too much of my life feeling like this. I'll probably just put on some music or watch something on TV, a film maybe that I know will give my a lift. Sometimes it only takes a certain line from a song to bring me back. Music has been my saviour for as long as I can remember.

over a year ago

I feel like this right now..... Maybe it's just the Christmas spirit isn't the same when single n lonely x

over a year ago

"What do you do when you've had a bad day, you feel tired, down, depressed, you desperately want a cuddle and some affection, but you have no one to give it to you, maybe because they're elsewhere, or you simply don't have anyone like that in your life right now?

I've spent way too much of my life feeling like this. I'll probably just put on some music or watch something on TV, a film maybe that I know will give my a lift. Sometimes it only takes a certain line from a song to bring me back. Music has been my saviour for as long as I can remember."

Me too, though I find it takes longer to lift me the more of a downer I'm on, I've never been the sort who can just put on a song and feel better.

over a year ago

" Music has been my saviour for as long as I can remember."

Mine was my animals

over a year ago

I go to the gym and clean the flat..

over a year ago

It's spotless right now

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

I honestly don't need loved or loving, I am sorted in life and I enjoy multiple pleasures in art, creativity and other wondrous past times. I am at peace with myself, comfortable with who I am and what I stand for.

It's a great place to be.

I do look at some others and think 'I was once there and thank god, I did something about it'

I hope you get what you seek

over a year ago

Feeling happy all the time is as unnatural as feeling sad all the time.

I believe it is important to allow your feelings validation, so thats what I do.

I allow myself to feel them.

And then I get on with the business of living! So maybe a soak in the bath and a little music to fit the mood, then crack on again x

By *oward1978Man
over a year ago

Rotherham

"What do you do when you've had a bad day, you feel tired, down, depressed, you desperately want a cuddle and some affection, but you have no one to give it to you, maybe because they're elsewhere, or you simply don't have anyone like that in your life right now?

I've spent way too much of my life feeling like this. I'll probably just put on some music or watch something on TV, a film maybe that I know will give my a lift. Sometimes it only takes a certain line from a song to bring me back. Music has been my saviour for as long as I can remember.

Me too, though I find it takes longer to lift me the more of a downer I'm on, I've never been the sort who can just put on a song and feel better."

Yes, sometimes you just have to ride out the bad times. There is no trigger that'll just snap you out of it. If I'm feeling particularly down nothing can just miraculously bring me back to my usual self. It will take time to feel better. But I have things that I know will help.

By *carlet_heavenWoman
over a year ago

somewhere in the sticks

Feeling like this has sent me well loopy in the past. I started to read about buddhism and discovered all the wonderful, simple things in life.

Often, we have so much and expect so much that we don't know how to enjoy these things…animals, nature, a smile, a sunset…positive stuff attracts positive stuff n all that…;-)

By *uzy444Woman
over a year ago

in the suffolk countryside

i deal with it..in my own time, in my own way..on my own. i find it very hard to reach out to people, not wanting to burden them with my stuff, so in all honesty i withdraw. i dont lie and say im happy, basically i just dont talk to anyone, unless i have to..

over a year ago

Feeling happy all the time is as unnatural as feeling sad all the time.

I believe it is important to allow your feelings validation, so thats what I do.

I allow myself to feel them.

And then I get on with the business of living! So maybe a soak in the bath and a little music to fit the mood, then crack on again x"

If there are no 'downs' you won't appreciate the 'ups'.

over a year ago

I remind myself of everything that's good in my life. Tomorrow is another day and who knows what that will bring? X

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

I force the kids into a group hug.

I get SAD at this time of the year so make sure I build in some singing, art, films or just something beautiful into the days.

over a year ago

do without

over a year ago

train my companian that lives down the torsa . We are real close . Never apart .

over a year ago

I recognise my feelings and I am gentle on myself .... Bed, film, pillows, food, phone calls ..... Yes we are blessed compared to the homeless however it's subjective and relevant to the individual ....... Pain is still pain ....xx

Mwah

By *opsy RogersWoman
over a year ago

London

I shut up and put up. No biggie.

over a year ago

Just described my life right now

over a year ago

Just described my life right now "

What about Dee Dawg?

over a year ago

I get overwhelmed with being single and other stuff.

I cope by keeping busy, and donating things I no longer need to charity.

Then I spend a while on myself, body scrubs, lotions and potions and a laundered clean bed is essential.

Lucky enough to be almost on the coast,so sea air blows the cobwebs away, and a brisk walk tires me out.

over a year ago

I cuddle up to my dogs "

you have a partner now do you not ?

over a year ago

Cuddle my cat

over a year ago

I have 2 or 3 i see fairly regularly. During that time we have still met and just cuddled, its nice xx

By *essiCouple
over a year ago

suffolk

Spend some me time just enjoying the little things like enjoying the peacefulness of an early morning sunrise and listening to the birds...

over a year ago

There are many days when all I desire is a cuddle. The pooch is always brill for a cuddle .

Though some times it would be lovely to have a local friend to share cuddles with

By *essiCouple
over a year ago

suffolk

"There are many days when all I desire is a cuddle. The pooch is always brill for a cuddle .

Though some times it would be lovely to have a local friend to share cuddles with "

This to

By *ivemeyoursoulWoman
over a year ago

Easter just around the corner!

Just wait for it to pass...

over a year ago

I'm tired and down most days; I'm used to it now. Cuddles don't make me feel better but I have them from my grandchildren now and then. I don't dwell on how I feel,I plod on and get on with life.

Post new Message to Thread