Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Oh dear!

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

The kind lady from the NHS says I need to limit my time on the forums, she even wrote it on a piece of paper and everything....

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Eh?

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

Maybe give us some information

over a year ago

"Eh? "

I've been assigned an occupational therapist to help with manage depression and she has compiled a care plan with bullet points that I am to refer to. One of the points is

- limit time on swingers site forum

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

"Eh?

I've been assigned an occupational therapist to help with manage depression and she has compiled a care plan with bullet points that I am to refer to. One of the points is

"

well give it a try and see if it helps

over a year ago

"Eh?

well give it a try and see if it helps"

I have cut down massively since first seeing her as I was aware I was using it as an avoidance mechanism, but I never expected it to end up in writing on my care plan! I'm embarrassed and amused in equal measure.

By *ohnaronMan
over a year ago

london

She could be right. Do not take the phone to bed. Using it in bed badly affects your your sleep which def makes depression worse.

Also exercise helps depression. Walking is good for a start.

Good luck x

over a year ago

And being told to limit my time on here is a bit like being told not to touch the big red button.....

By *harpDressed ManMan
over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

Log off...recovery is important.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

"Eh?

I have cut down massively since first seeing her as I was aware I was using it as an avoidance mechanism, but I never expected it to end up in writing on my care plan! I'm embarrassed and amused in equal measure."

lol, you should see what ridiculous things are on my care plan.

Although I completly lost the plot with my nurse today so I might not even have one soon

By *argaret JamesTV/TS
over a year ago

Bromsgrove

"The kind lady from the NHS says I need to limit my time on the forums, she even wrote it on a piece of paper and everything.... "

Did you contact her on here.

over a year ago

Ooo, now this is interesting!!

How old is she? Was she wearing her nurses uniform? Couple more clues is all I need to find her profile!

over a year ago

"She could be right. Do not take the phone to bed. Using it in bed badly affects your your sleep which def makes depression worse.

Good luck x"

Thanks. It's all good, I'm doing all the things I'm supposed to like excercise, meditation etc. And it's not straight depression either, I'm bipolar.

over a year ago

"Eh?

I have cut down massively since first seeing her as I was aware I was using it as an avoidance mechanism, but I never expected it to end up in writing on my care plan! I'm embarrassed and amused in equal measure.lol, you should see what ridiculous things are on my care plan.

Although I completly lost the plot with my nurse today so I might not even have one soon "

Oh dear! What did you do? I don't have much faith in my OT as she wanted to discharge me this week just as I've started on a new medication. The psychiatrist was horrified!

over a year ago

"Eh?

I have cut down massively since first seeing her as I was aware I was using it as an avoidance mechanism, but I never expected it to end up in writing on my care plan! I'm embarrassed and amused in equal measure.lol, you should see what ridiculous things are on my care plan.

Although I completly lost the plot with my nurse today so I might not even have one soon "

Nurse or care plan?

OP if it's part of your recovery plan then you have a responsibility to at least try to help yourself

Good luck x

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 16/12/15 19:39:57]

By *urham couple a and lCouple
over a year ago

durham

We'll I hope you feel a lot better soon, and hope everything works out for you

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

"Eh?

Although I completly lost the plot with my nurse today so I might not even have one soon

Nurse or care plan?

OP if it's part of your recovery plan then you have a responsibility to at least try to help yourself

Good luck x"

both, I've never been so angry she's never seen me like that

By *ohnaronMan
over a year ago

london

"She could be right. Do not take the phone to bed. Using it in bed badly affects your your sleep which def makes depression worse.

Good luck x

Thanks. It's all good, I'm doing all the things I'm supposed to like excercise, meditation etc. And it's not straight depression either, I'm bipolar."

Oh well being bi doubles your chances on here. Shame you wont be logged on to see it.

over a year ago

It'll be a shame to see you less but obviously I'm sure it's very good advice! Make sure it's quality not quantity of time you have on here - the key thing is reduce not stop! But please so listers to her!

Best of luck with it, hope it all works out for you

over a year ago

Oh Nell, my flake girl! I'm sure the advise is there for a reason so pay attention to it and see if it makes a difference. Will miss you though! x

over a year ago

do we have permission to dish out tough love then - ie if we see you online too much we can message and say go and do something else xxxx

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

On the positive its only swinging forums you can use other forums non swinging related

over a year ago

"On the positive its only swinging forums you can use other forums non swinging related

"

Is it only the forum

over a year ago

Sounds like a plan Nell, I sometimes think I am on here too much.

Maybe set your wifi to switch off between certain hours- 11-7 for example? xx

By *alandNitaCouple
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"The kind lady from the NHS says I need to limit my time on the forums, she even wrote it on a piece of paper and everything.... "

Vibration white finger?

over a year ago

Dudes, I'm not going anywhere!

I'll be popping on and off most days but I won't binge anymore like I have done at times.

Thanks for the kind wishes though

over a year ago

Big hugs Nell, hope things get better soon.

By *uxom redCouple
over a year ago

Shrewsbury

"Eh?

"

Oh crumbs... Normally cheers me up

over a year ago

"Eh?

"

I applaud your honesty telling people you are here hehe I think possibly this is actually good for your mind it occupies it xx

over a year ago

"On the positive its only swinging forums you can use other forums non swinging related

Is it only the forum "

Haha! She actually insinuated today that she believes most people are on here to fulfill an emotional void. I gave her a rather hard stare and she changed the subject...

By *obbytupperMan
over a year ago

Menston near Ilkley

"Eh?

"

Yes but you've missed the and get out and have fun bit of the sentence.

over a year ago

"Eh?

Oh crumbs... Normally cheers me up "

Me too, it's fun!

over a year ago

Is it only the forum

Haha! She actually insinuated today that she believes most people are on here to fulfill an emotional void. I gave her a rather hard stare and she changed the subject..."

Sounds like she needs a certain void filled if you ask me

over a year ago

Well it'll soon be Christmas anyway lovely - and I'm hoping you'll be too busy having special time with family and friends to bother about fab too much!

Huge hugs! Xxx

By *harpDressed ManMan
over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

"I gave her a rather hard stare and she changed the subject..."

Are you related to Paddington?

over a year ago

"Sounds like a plan Nell, I sometimes think I am on here too much.

Maybe set your wifi to switch off between certain hours- 11-7 for example? xx"

That's a really good idea and limit yourself during the day too x

over a year ago

"Sounds like a plan Nell, I sometimes think I am on here too much.

Maybe set your wifi to switch off between certain hours- 11-7 for example? xx

That's a really good idea and limit yourself during the day too x"

Your health needs to come first xx

Post new Message to Thread