Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Being overlooked

Jump to newest

By *eddABC OP   Man
over a year ago

Stretham Hill Greater London

How many times did you encounter a fake and scary single guy and did that give you a different opinion about other single men?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

How can you encounter a fake guy? No, I've not met a scary one either

By *eddABC OP   Man
over a year ago

Fake meaning he puts on an act online but in reality his actions speak different

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

In that case, I can't say I have. I pride myself on being a pretty good judge of character and have only met guys who do what it says on the tin

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Three times ive been fooled..

Had three aggressive/violent meets..

Yes, it really has changed how i think of other guys now, and to protect myself, i now only meet at a club.

Feel very safe in that environment x

over a year ago

"Three times ive been fooled..

Yes, it really has changed how i think of other guys now, and to protect myself, i now only meet at a club.

Feel very safe in that environment x"

Omg that's horrible- hope your ok now x

By *eddABC OP   Man
over a year ago

That's very understandable

over a year ago

Lost for words just hope you was ok

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

"Fake meaning he puts on an act online but in reality his actions speak different "

Twice!

The first one a real charmer online. We arranged a social meet. He strode in front of me into the pub, didn't hold the door open and went and bought himself a drink. When I pointed out his rudeness he replied "this ain't a date love!"

I took my leave. He texted me to ask what he'd done wrong!

The second was about five stone heavier than his picture, but he had a nice face.

In the restaurant he started talking about Fab...LOUDLY! I asked him to keep his voice down, but he continued, slagging off all the women he'd met on Fab...LOUDLY!!! I tried to ignore the stares of the other diners as he continued, even revealing the bi relationship he'd had. I don't meet bi men, so that annoyed me he'd lied so again asking him to lower his voice questioned why he'd omitted he was bi. He then got the hump saying what did it matter?

I didn't stay for desert.

When I said I wouldn't be seeing him again he went into one! I only wanted s free dinner, I was homophobic, I was this and that. His dabts came via the site, text and email. I blocked him on here, my phone and email. He found me on other sites and hounded me for months.

Never responded and he got bored after a while, but yeah...not pleasant.

over a year ago

Gentleman here and gentleman in real life simples

over a year ago

OMG I'm so sorry. Big hugs

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

"Fake meaning he puts on an act online but in reality his actions speak different

Twice!

The first one a real charmer online. We arranged a social meet. He strode in front of me into the pub, didn't hold the door open and went and bought himself a drink. When I pointed out his rudeness he replied "this ain't a date love!"

I took my leave. He texted me to ask what he'd done wrong!

The second was about five stone heavier than his picture, but he had a nice face.

In the restaurant he started talking about Fab...LOUDLY! I asked him to keep his voice down, but he continued, slagging off all the women he'd met on Fab...LOUDLY!!! I tried to ignore the stares of the other diners as he continued, even revealing the bi relationship he'd had. I don't meet bi men, so that annoyed me he'd lied so again asking him to lower his voice questioned why he'd omitted he was bi. He then got the hump saying what did it matter?

I didn't stay for desert.

When I said I wouldn't be seeing him again he went into one! I only wanted s free dinner, I was homophobic, I was this and that. His dabts* came via the site, text and email. I blocked him on here, my phone and email. He found me on other sites and hounded me for months.

Never responded and he got bored after a while, but yeah...not pleasant."

*rants

over a year ago

So messed up, u cant lose faith in everyman because of a few nutters, there are REAL men still left just have to wave through the nutters first lol, hope your bad experience didnt stop you all from still having fun

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"How many times did you encounter a fake and scary single guy and did that give you a different opinion about other single men? "

Never, we have encountered one scary couple and several who weren't what they purported to be.

We learned some very valuable lessons and it hasn't given us a different opinion of other couples but has made us much more cynical in our communication and selection process.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"So messed up, u cant lose faith in everyman because of a few nutters, there are REAL men still left just have to wave through the nutters first lol, hope your bad experience didnt stop you all from still having fun

"

Most of the men we talk to are genuinely nice people and they are all real.

over a year ago

Is always an issue for Dwarfs

over a year ago

Glad to hear, people should be having fun not being pestered by asses happy swinging

By *educedWoman
over a year ago

Birmingham

I have encountered some right nutters over the years mainly on another site.

Most notorious, was the bloke who wanted to exorcise me as I was allegedly possessed by a demon. He never mentioned that in any of his messages. When I refused to meet him again he offered to carry out the exorcism via WhatsApp.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"I have encountered some right nutters over the years mainly on another site.

Most notorious, was the bloke who wanted to exorcise me as I was allegedly possessed by a demon. He never mentioned that in any of his messages. When I refused to meet him again he offered to carry out the exorcism via WhatsApp. "

I have to ask, did you let him?

over a year ago

Most notorious, was the bloke who wanted to exorcise me as I was allegedly possessed by a demon. He never mentioned that in any of his messages. When I refused to meet him again he offered to carry out the exorcism via WhatsApp. "

I love Whatsapp

By *lashheartMan
over a year ago

shrewsbury

You devil you

over a year ago

Lmao over whattsap, like i said NUTTERS LOL.

By *educedWoman
over a year ago

Birmingham

Most notorious, was the bloke who wanted to exorcise me as I was allegedly possessed by a demon. He never mentioned that in any of his messages. When I refused to meet him again he offered to carry out the exorcism via WhatsApp.

I have to ask, did you let him? "

I didn't but he did send me (just in case I didn't believe him) the transcript of an exorcism he carried out via MSN some years prior with a woman from Hull. It read like a script from The Exorcism.

By *educedWoman
over a year ago

Birmingham

You devil you "

Haha. You know this story lol

By *educedWoman
over a year ago

Birmingham

I love Whatsapp "

Kik for me now lol

By *educedWoman
over a year ago

Birmingham

"Lmao over whattsap, like i said NUTTERS LOL. "

Did it put me off single men? Nah! Its made me more determined to meet a sane one

over a year ago

Lol you females endure hell of silly guys in your pursuit of happy ness(swinging) lol

By *lashheartMan
over a year ago

shrewsbury

You devil you

Haha. You know this story lol "

You missed out where you were when he brought it up

Blair witch ...

over a year ago

"Fake meaning he puts on an act online but in reality his actions speak different "

Chatted to a guy constantly for over a week and twice on the phone and seemed so lovely. We hardly discussed sex at all. He said we had so much in common and there was so many places that he wanted to take me/show me. All seemed too good to be true but I went along with it. When we met for a drink he was sarcastic and rough, and very arrogant, totally different to his online persona. Needless to say never saw him again! Thank goodness for the nice guys on here who are my friends.

over a year ago

Well in the process of finding a sane man, i hope you have fun

By *reek_dudeMan
over a year ago

all over

How about the decent blokes that getting fooled by a woman online and when they meet she is actually too rude and nasty ??? Have u ever met one ?? I have !!! She had send me fake pictures and when we meet it was a different person !! I'm not judging but she could send real photos and I would still meet her but she lied about it ! That's when she started been horrible so I just excused my self and left

over a year ago

Lol never heard of that, bet that was a smack in the gob when you realised lol

By *odareyouMan
over a year ago

not far from iceland,,,,,, tescos is nearer though :-) (near leeds)

I've never met a fake yet.... My only experience of internet weirdness, I'd been chatting to a lady and we were getting on well I mentioned I cared for my mum so it'd take a bit of planning to meet, she then said her parents were a right pair of counts and she'd never help them.. I sent a message saying that I don't think we should meet we've very different thoughts...

Message back from her... "But I love you.. !! ".

Whoop whoop definitely a sandwich short in the picnic basket..

Hasn't stopped me seeing ladies, changed my view of them not really it's changed how I use the tools available.

By *lashheartMan
over a year ago

shrewsbury

I met a lady for a social who's pics were about 20 years out of date

It's not as scary for a bloke though really is it

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

No, every guy I've met has been lovely but then I go through a process before I meet them.

One I know is a bit suspect though

By *andy_tomMan
over a year ago

wolverhampton

I dont meet men ,,problem ssolved,

By *eddABC OP   Man
over a year ago

Some crazy stories. But I hope that those bad experiences don't put a judgement on the next men.

over a year ago

"Lmao over whattsap, like i said NUTTERS LOL.

Did it put me off single men? Nah! Its made me more determined to meet a sane one "

Waves......

By *entaur_UKMan
over a year ago

Cannock

Did it put me off single men? Nah! Its made me more determined to meet a sane one "

You've still not met one yet then?

over a year ago

Alot of nutters to wave through first

By *educedWoman
over a year ago

Birmingham

Did it put me off single men? Nah! Its made me more determined to meet a sane one

Waves...... "

Aww that's kind of special. Waves back!

over a year ago

I assess each nutter on an individual basis and try not to discriminate

over a year ago

One of my exes was fake, that was hard to deal with. I think it has put me off relationships now.

Had a guy who wouldn't leave me alone, i'm ignoring him now and for the rest of my time online. Also had a meet where the guy scared me, wasn't really bothered that i didn't like something....he scared me for about a week and i've changed how i meet now because of him. But because i've had mostly positive meets i have not been put off all men, i know there are guys out their who respect women.

By *educedWoman
over a year ago

Birmingham

You've still not met one yet then? "

To whom it may concern,

Centaur_UK is the sanest man on FAB.

FACT!

Yours truly

Seduced (and I'm hardly ever as strange as a bottle of crisps).

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I didn't but he did send me (just in case I didn't believe him) the transcript of an exorcism he carried out via MSN some years prior with a woman from Hull. It read like a script from The Exorcism. "

Honestly, you could write a book!

By *educedWoman
over a year ago

Birmingham

I didn't but he did send me (just in case I didn't believe him) the transcript of an exorcism he carried out via MSN some years prior with a woman from Hull. It read like a script from The Exorcism.

Honestly, you could write a book! "

I should. A blog perhaps.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Honestly, you could write a book!

I should. A blog perhaps. "

Why not!? I toyed with the idea but like so much in my life I gave it a good coat of talking about and left it there.

Post new Message to Thread