Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Blood test results

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Tomorrow i get my blood test results...initially went because i wanted him to test me for arthritis..on friday i rung up and receptionist said ive got low iron and something else has shown up...scared incase its something bad!!!...

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Tomorrow i get my blood test results...initially went because i wanted him to test me for arthritis..on friday i rung up and receptionist said ive got low iron and something else has shown up...scared incase its something bad!!!..."

Low irons no big deal xx hope theres nothing else. I always get abnormalties with bloods that turn out to be nothing xx

By *innamon!Woman
over a year ago

no matter

That was inappropriate no way should a receptionist give out details.. Hope things are ok ...

over a year ago

I had one to test for arthiritis and discovered Im diabetic.

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

I've had "abnormal" readings for years. This particular marker is only present in someone with rheumatoid arthritis and/or Hodkins Lymphoma: tested for both, negative.

Doctors don't seem worried but I am.

over a year ago

"I had one to test for arthiritis and discovered Im diabetic."

Bet that was a bit of a shock then!...did you have arthritis?

over a year ago

"I had one to test for arthiritis and discovered Im diabetic.

Bet that was a bit of a shock then!...did you have arthritis? "

No the symptoms I thought were arthiritis were caused by the diabetes attacking my muscles.

over a year ago

No the symptoms I thought were arthiritis were caused by the diabetes attacking my muscles."

Are you ok now?...theres a strong chance of me having either as my dad has diabetes and arthritis :-/

By *ihimbiherCouple
over a year ago

lightwater

Fingers crossed for you my love

Xxxxxx

over a year ago

No the symptoms I thought were arthiritis were caused by the diabetes attacking my muscles.

Are you ok now?...theres a strong chance of me having either as my dad has diabetes and arthritis :-/"

The sooner anything is diagnosed the better the outcome. Try not to panic.

Will be honest, some damage cannot be reversed. But once you know what conditions you have they are usually manageable and treatable.

over a year ago

No the symptoms I thought were arthiritis were caused by the diabetes attacking my muscles."

Its type 2 diet controlled and tied in with my weight, I'm now eating to the guidelines and trying to work on strengthening the muscles that have been weakened but its not easy and there's times I just wanna say fuck it. But my wife is supporting my efforts and I have 4 kids all under 10 who I would like to see leave school and maybe even make me a grandad so Ive got enough incentive to keep fighting. Im sure you will be fine try not to panic you might just be a bit anemic and need iron tablets

By *opsy RogersWoman
over a year ago

London

Its type 2 diet controlled and tied in with my weight, I'm now eating to the guidelines and trying to work on strengthening the muscles that have been weakened but its not easy and there's times I just wanna say fuck it. But my wife is supporting my efforts and I have 4 kids all under 10 who I would like to see leave school and maybe even make me a grandad so Ive got enough incentive to keep fighting. Im sure you will be fine try not to panic you might just be a bit anemic and need iron tablets "

Chances are, if you are following NHS guidelines, your diabetes will become progressively worse. Google low carb diets and diabetes for a way of life that will set you free.

Diabetes, muscle and joint pain are also strong and common side effect of statins. Some of the damage can be permanent so if you are taking them, do more research and insist your doctor listens.

over a year ago

Statins???

over a year ago

"Statins???"

My statins have a side effect of causing diabetes.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

I completly cured my diebitis by losing weight

By *uby0000Woman
over a year ago

hertfordshire

low iron is common and they will either give you iron tablets or folic acid dr would call you if it was anything really bad so stop worrying

over a year ago

Exactly, if it was serious trust me Dr would have called you personally by now.

By *opsy RogersWoman
over a year ago

London

"Statins???"

Google it. If you don't know what they are, the chances are you're not on them.

By *opsy RogersWoman
over a year ago

London

"I completly cured my diebitis by losing weight

"

You can't cure it but you have reversed it. Just like me

We rock.

By *opsy RogersWoman
over a year ago

London

"Statins???

My statins have a side effect of causing diabetes. "

There is not one shred of evidence to support giving women statins. In fact, the tide is turning and the protective effects of cholesterol are now being understood.

Statins make the drug company rich, that's all.

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

Ah shit, I should have gone for ma INR test today

Luckily I only live next door to the DRI, so can have it done tomorrow

over a year ago

"Statins???

My statins have a side effect of causing diabetes.

There is not one shred of evidence to support giving women statins. In fact, the tide is turning and the protective effects of cholesterol are now being understood.

Statins make the drug company rich, that's all."

I'm waiting for my locum to change then i can my joints seen to, will mention the statins also. I did look intot hem myself and wasn't sure if they were any good or not tbh, and my cholesterol isn't high (it's always 5.1 or lower) but they want people with diabetes to be around 4 they told me.

over a year ago

OP. My doctors are always doing that to me.. The receptionist isnt allowed to tell me actually what is found but they have to tell me to come in to discuss it.. First few times I was all OMG....now I just wait for what odd thing my body is doing now.

Same with my smear.. not sure I have ever had one that came back normal... yet everything is fine.

Although worst one to date was the clinic.. My local one now only messages or calls you if there is a problem. Got a message saying could I please get in touch urgently.... I was all , they only wanted to tell me they had some latex free condoms in if I wanted to come get some.

By *ivemeyoursoulWoman
over a year ago

Easter just around the corner!

"OP. My doctors are always doing that to me.. The receptionist isnt allowed to tell me actually what is found but they have to tell me to come in to discuss it.. First few times I was all OMG....now I just wait for what odd thing my body is doing now.

Same with my smear.. not sure I have ever had one that came back normal... yet everything is fine.

Although worst one to date was the clinic.. My local one now only messages or calls you if there is a problem. Got a message saying could I please get in touch urgently.... I was all , they only wanted to tell me they had some latex free condoms in if I wanted to come get some. "

That's bad of the clinic,I hate waiting for the results

over a year ago

My motto is 'Don't worry about anything until there's something to worry about'. It's seen me through two operations,a couple of biopsies,x-rays,blood tests,scans,a mammogram and an MRI. There was nothing to worry about.

over a year ago

"OP. My doctors are always doing that to me.. The receptionist isnt allowed to tell me actually what is found but they have to tell me to come in to discuss it.. First few times I was all OMG....now I just wait for what odd thing my body is doing now.

Although worst one to date was the clinic.. My local one now only messages or calls you if there is a problem. Got a message saying could I please get in touch urgently.... I was all , they only wanted to tell me they had some latex free condoms in if I wanted to come get some.

That's bad of the clinic,I hate waiting for the results"

they had said they would let me know when they had some in... And data protection means they cant put.. Your condoms are ready for collection.. just could you contact them.. lol x

over a year ago

My doc likes me to take statins but i don't think i need them as my cholestrol was fine.

I have such painful joints anyway so i really want to stop taking them but need to see the doc to see if its ok to stop abruptly or not

over a year ago

My cholestrol is fine so no Im not on anything

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

"I completly cured my diebitis by losing weight

You can't cure it but you have reversed it. Just like me

We rock."

reversed it then and I have no greater chance of getting it in old age than anyone else

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

Sure it was red? Good luck, though restrictions should prevent this on who should reveal results.

over a year ago

Just thought id update...found no arthritis but i am borderline diabetic so im off to slimming world plus gym after christmas lol

Post new Message to Thread