Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

cheating

Jump to newest

By *eeDee25 OP   Woman
over a year ago

crook

If u went out for a night and didnt drink for whateva reason and then met someone and had sex with them knowing what you were doing was wrong (if you have a partner) would that be worse than if you cheated when d*unk?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

No same thing , if cheating Then in wrong relationship

over a year ago

Bad as each other

over a year ago

Is he trying to tell you it was Carlings fault?

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 14/12/15 02:07:05]

over a year ago

Cheating is doing something to deceive - alcohol causes diminished ability to make rational decisions in my opinion - so it is by degree and intent that proves it to be of more of their responsibility to cheat. As to "wrong" depends on your value system X

over a year ago

Cheating is cheating. However you try to justify it

over a year ago

To act unfairly to gain advantage ... Cheating ....

It depends on your agreement and value system - not everyone's is the same and spouses / partners don't need to hold the same value system to make an agreement. If you give your word and you broke it - you have consequences - doesn't mean it's wrong. In my opinion X

By *ohnaronMan
over a year ago

london

"If u went out for a night and didnt drink for whateva reason and then met someone and had sex with them knowing what you were doing was wrong (if you have a partner) would that be worse than if you cheated when d*unk?"

What can I get you?

over a year ago

Only those who have been on the wrong end of a,cheating partner can fully understand the hurt

over a year ago

"Only those who have been on the wrong end of a,cheating partner can fully understand the hurt "

I have experienced it

I have empathy

The hurt is painful

The day after I discussed his actions my hubby committed suicide

He died for other reasons however it still stays with me ..... I do understand I just think there are other ways of looking at it that are not so black and white sweet X

By *hyblueEyesMan
over a year ago

Daventry

"Only those who have been on the wrong end of a,cheating partner can fully understand the hurt

I have experienced it

I have empathy

The hurt is painful

The day after I discussed his actions my hubby committed suicide

He died for other reasons however it still stays with me ..... I do understand I just think there are other ways of looking at it that are not so black and white sweet X "

Wow I don't think anything i say could even be in the same league as the impact that post had. Personally I think blaming drink is a poor excuse. If you can't behave after a few drinks then don't drink. I wouldn't forgive anyone who blamed infidelity on being d*unk

By *ikscMan
over a year ago

ABERDEEN

What's all right for one is all right for the other hence you can't be a hypocrite and that's the problem I've known so many mates who went away with anything in a skirt until their wife did it to them sometimes just once and that was it and yes they didn't like it when u pointed it out so what's ok for one is ok for the other just my opinion and experience though

over a year ago

Cheating is Cheating no matter what state of mind you are on.

over a year ago

Both would make you an absolute scumbag.

By *aucy tiggerWoman
over a year ago

Back where I belong

D*unk or sober, stranger or friend, cheating is cheating

By *erfectman122Man
over a year ago

from somewhere nice

Cheating is cheating not a nice experience

over a year ago

Cheatings cheating lack of will power after a drink whouldnt be a valid argument (spoken as a cheat)

over a year ago

No, being d*unk is no excuse - add I told my ex after she cheated on me when d*unk.

She may have been d*unk, but she was coherent and thinking enough to engineer me out of the house for the night so she could 'do' one of her friends.

By *helbeeCouple
over a year ago

Nuneaton

Cheating is cheating no excuse for it. To me saying you are d*unk an useing that old chestnut excuse i wouldn't accept an if i had a bf who did that to me

it would be splitsville an see ya.

Im single though at the mo

so dont apply but when in the future i do have a bf no excuse of he behaved in that way towards me he obviously can't think of me an value me so i would kick his ass to the kerb

i have never cheated an dont believe in it

over a year ago

"If u went out for a night and didnt drink for whateva reason and then met someone and had sex with them knowing what you were doing was wrong (if you have a partner) would that be worse than if you cheated when d*unk?"

Cheating is cheating regardless and any kind is horrible

By *aneandpaulCouple
over a year ago

cleveleys

Been swinging many years never gone behind each other never needed to but Paul says would not have a problem if i met someone when out as long as i was discrete but would not feel safe without him sounds daft to some people

By *ancs MinxWoman
over a year ago

Burnley

"D*unk or sober, stranger or friend, cheating is cheating

"

By *ilmiss75Woman
over a year ago

Thornton

To many people use alcohol as a excuse. Cheating is cheating however it's buttered up!

over a year ago

I think that the answer to the OP depends entirely on your relationship. To me, cheating isn't something that is black and white, done or not done. To me, cheating is when you do something in a relationship that you would hide from your partner. Cheating to other people can have a very different definition.

In my personal opinion, if Marc cheated on me while d*unk then I would see it as a bit different than had he done it sober. I would still be angry and I would still see it as cheating, and I don't really know what result it would have for our relationship, but I can say that to me it is different.

But I think this is such a personal question that to extrapolate from one person's experience to another is very difficult.

-Courtney

over a year ago

If you have to make excuses and hide behind the line of being d*unk then that says more about you than anything. Being d*unk is no excuse, it inhibits your reasoning and your motor functions but it provides no defence as to actions. "I'm sorry your honour, I didn't mean to kill him, I was d*unk and cant remember!" Doesn't really work does it?!

over a year ago

"If you have to make excuses and hide behind the line of being d*unk then that says more about you than anything. Being d*unk is no excuse, it inhibits your reasoning and your motor functions but it provides no defence as to actions. "I'm sorry your honour, I didn't mean to kill him, I was d*unk and cant remember!" Doesn't really work does it?!"

Actually, it depends on where you are and the laws in specific jurisdictions, but being d*unk can be a defense against the correct mens rea for a crime. Many crimes had to have different definitions made because "intent" is hard to prove when someone is d*unk. "Recklessness" is much easier.

I guess that is my point in my post. I think it would still be cheating, but if intent is missing then only an individual can decide whether the d*unk cheating was equal to their partner willfully cheating.

-Courtney

over a year ago

No, it doesn't matter if you were d*unk or not as it would still be cheating. Not sure if it'd make a difference to how I felt though and where on the scale if cheating it fell.

Mr Yahtzee

over a year ago

Blaming drink for cheating is lame at its worst, it's when they blame the innocent party that I find offensive.

My ex cheated on me and I caught her out, she had the nerve to say "well if you took me out more, I wouldn't have been in the situation where I cheated"

I was astonished, it's right up there with "it was an accident" oh, slipped and fell on a cock did you? What are the chances eh

The act itself doesn't bother me, if she had to have sex with other men, that's fine, I'm up for that, it's not a problem, but it's the lies, the breaking of trust that I have an issue with, you can't love someone you don't trust, and that is the core of cheating, it's the lies

over a year ago

Totally agree that cheating is just plain wrong. There was a time when I really didn't give a monkeys brass balls but now, I couldn't. I was nearly tempted but said no even though the guy was fit as fudge.

Be grateful for what/who you have or be honest - I did and was and it was the best thing I did!

over a year ago

"Blaming drink for cheating is lame at its worst, it's when they blame the innocent party that I find offensive.

My ex cheated on me and I caught her out, she had the nerve to say "well if you took me out more, I wouldn't have been in the situation where I cheated"

I was astonished, it's right up there with "it was an accident" oh, slipped and fell on a cock did you? What are the chances eh

The act itself doesn't bother me, if she had to have sex with other men, that's fine, I'm up for that, it's not a problem, but it's the lies, the breaking of trust that I have an issue with, you can't love someone you don't trust, and that is the core of cheating, it's the lies"

This!

By *irtyGirlWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

Cheating it cheating.

Doing it sober just means you can't blame the booze. Doing it d*unk means you think you have an excuse.

Man up, dump the bad relationship and move on.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Blaming drink for cheating is lame at its worst, it's when they blame the innocent party that I find offensive.

The act itself doesn't bother me, if she had to have sex with other men, that's fine, I'm up for that, it's not a problem, but it's the lies, the breaking of trust that I have an issue with, you can't love someone you don't trust, and that is the core of cheating, it's the lies"

Exactly. We were discussing honesty in family relationships last night it's so much easier to deal with the truth.

Post new Message to Thread