Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Advice

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I've often seen threads asking for advice answered with "this isn't the place for advice on that subject" .

So where is? Where would you send someone for advice, if we all know then we can supply the information next time the subject comes up

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Depends what they're asking but I wouldn't recommend CAB.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

There may be the odd post that says that but generally I find people are very good with the advice on here on all matter of subjects

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I don't think this is the place to ask for the type of advice on queries that start with "my wife/girlfriend/husband/boyfriend said x last night, what do you think they meant?"

Or "my partner told me they would sooner be sewn into a bag of boil dressings than swing. I see this as them being interested how should I proceed?"

Or "I have a strange lump/rash/leg hanging by gristle from a stump, please diagnose."

But anything else I don't see any harm in asking.

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

"I don't think this is the place to ask for the type of advice on queries that start with "my wife/girlfriend/husband/boyfriend said x last night, what do you think they meant?"

Or "my partner told me they would sooner be sewn into a bag of boil dressings than swing. I see this as them being interested how should I proceed?"

Or "I have a strange lump/rash/leg hanging by gristle from a stump, please diagnose."

But anything else I don't see any harm in asking."

This is my point exactly, but obviously written by someone mure articulate than myself lol, sometimes I can't help thinking, that this could be someone with a real crisis of conscience

over a year ago

Depends on what kind of advice they seek.

specific medical advice is best sorced from the Nhs.

'One side of the arguement' type questions is pretty open to interpretation & may just confuse the issue more.

Overall i'd say post the question, see what happens & don't be offended if the answers aren't to your liking

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"I don't think this is the place to ask for the type of advice on queries that start with "my wife/girlfriend/husband/boyfriend said x last night, what do you think they meant?"

This is my point exactly, but obviously written by someone mure articulate than myself lol, sometimes I can't help thinking, that this could be someone with a real crisis of conscience "

Nowadays I really try and see beyond the post to the person behind it and try and realise what might have got them to the point of putting their query in writing. This wasn't always the case I admit . I do attempt to either answer from knowledge or experience or if I know the correct agency direct them to that. I also try to add nothing if I have nothing useful to say. You will see I said try, I don't always succeed

over a year ago

I must admit I try to not post responses to requests for advice, anymore.

Mostly because its rare people say 'thanks' or you're asking for further info and the OP never responds...

over a year ago

This is my point exactly, but obviously written by someone mure articulate than myself lol, sometimes I can't help thinking, that this could be someone with a real crisis of conscience "

Oh yes fab is not relationship experted, nor your local GP.

Post new Message to Thread