Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Attraction

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

It occurred to me whilst going through my winks earlier, how you're able to look at who they're from, and immediately go 'nope' knowing that you feel no degree of desire or intrigue toward them whatsoever - their role in your life lasted but a fraction of a second.

It got me thinking, when you think of the people you ARE attracted to, how quickly was that attraction developed? Was it an immediate love/lust at first sight for you, or did it take a while before they won you over?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Took a while with my OH. Attraction based on feelings goes much deeper than the physical.

Meets were generally instant gratification so the attraction was pretty much immediate or non existant.

over a year ago

For me, attraction is not necessary for nsa

over a year ago

I thought my partner was beautiful when I first a photo of him. It was when I met him and interacted over the course of a week that I realised he was the one for me. I need to spend time with people to truly be attracted, but I can "fancy" anyone.

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

I can't shag anyone I don't fancy.....I know within the first 5 minutes

over a year ago

First off - winks (plural?) what is this sorcery you talk of I'm lucky to get one wink in a blue moon!

But to answer your question I tend to know very quickly if I'm attracted to someone - physically I'm clear on what I like and know straight away if I like the look of someone.

Emotionally again I make very quick judgements on people based on what they say, how they say it, their laugh, sense of humour, intelligence etc.

I rarely change my opinions over time unless the first meeting I had with them was so ridiculously out of character.

So I'm very much a quick decision maker. And on the whole I tend to view people in a positive light so maybe like more people than I should!

over a year ago

I totally ignore my winks

But for me it starts with a mental connection. I've talked to men on here who I might not look at twice in the street or instantly say that I'm attracted to, physically, but after a while that spark seems to happen, and it's happened to me away from Fab too. But - and it's a major cliché on here - but if my mind's seduced then my body will follow.

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

In the flesh it's the pheromones that tell me whether I'm attracted to them on that primal level. For them to hold my interest they have to have some wit to intrigue me.

The last person I developed love for started out as someone that annoyed the hell out of me. The feeling was mutual. Somehow it developed into a mutual respect and then love.

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

"I totally ignore my winks

But for me it starts with a mental connection. I've talked to men on here who I might not look at twice in the street or instantly say that I'm attracted to, physically, but after a while that spark seems to happen, and it's happened to me away from Fab too. But - and it's a major cliché on here - but if my mind's seduced then my body will follow. "

over a year ago

As quickly as I can think no thanks I can just as quickly think yes please

That instant attraction doesn't always last though

over a year ago

"It occurred to me whilst going through my winks earlier, how you're able to look at who they're from, and immediately go 'nope' knowing that you feel no degree of desire or intrigue toward them whatsoever - their role in your life lasted but a fraction of a second.

It got me thinking, when you think of the people you ARE attracted to, how quickly was that attraction developed? Was it an immediate love/lust at first sight for you, or did it take a while before they won you over?"

So that's why the OP has never replied to me..

over a year ago

I know pretty instantly whether I'm attracted to someone or not but sometimes a woman has a sex appeal that goes beyond the physical appearance and that is extremely attractive. Personality is important of course but it isn't enough on its own.

over a year ago

Going through winks , checking the profile and pics , it takes less than a minute to see if there is enough attraction to message them .

over a year ago

Does it not P you off though? I know when I'm going through all my random friend requests I'm like "you gotta be fucking kidding me?"

over a year ago

The biggest problem I have with being on here is having to make that yes/no decision. It's rare I see someone and think an instant yes. I do with no much more frequently but I could be disregarding someone I could possibly be attracted to by talking.

over a year ago

"It occurred to me whilst going through my winks earlier, how you're able to look at who they're from, and immediately go 'nope' knowing that you feel no degree of desire or intrigue toward them whatsoever - their role in your life lasted but a fraction of a second.

It got me thinking, when you think of the people you ARE attracted to, how quickly was that attraction developed? Was it an immediate love/lust at first sight for you, or did it take a while before they won you over?

So that's why the OP has never replied to me.. "

That's a bit like complaining that you've never won the lottery, when you've also never bought a ticket!

You've never messaged me lol

over a year ago

People can wink at you..

over a year ago

"People can wink at you.. "

They might just be cyclopses blinking.

over a year ago

"People can wink at you..

They might just be cyclopses blinking."

Ahhh..thats why I don't get any...ive cyclopses blocked...

By *imiUKMan
over a year ago

Hereford

"Does it not P you off though? I know when I'm going through all my random friend requests I'm like "you gotta be fucking kidding me?" "

I hear ya!

Its tiresome being so damn popular at times.

Perhaps I need to employ some sort of Fabs secretary....

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 10/12/15 23:22:20]

over a year ago

I think a wink is more of a hiya like your pics and profile...

Im here if your intetested but no big deal if your not...

Not something to read to deeply into :-/

over a year ago

"Does it not P you off though? I know when I'm going through all my random friend requests I'm like "you gotta be fucking kidding me?"

I hear ya!

Its tiresome being so damn popular at times.

Perhaps I need to employ some sort of Fabs secretary....

"

Its one of the reasons i stopped accepting winks and messages.

over a year ago

The reaction is dependent on one levels of desperation at that moment in time.It is also tempered with empathy with the enquiry.There is no excuse for impolite judgement.

over a year ago

"when you think of the people you ARE attracted to, how quickly was that attraction?"

There was an immediate interest based on the pictures. The attraction started after seeing the face pics, and developed properly while chatting.

Friendship developed after meeting.

over a year ago

For me no two people are the same so in some cases the attraction is immediate based on what I see on here backed up by face pics, chatting & finally meeting.

Other times I've been 'won over' by someone who I wouldn't say was my type but had the most amazing personality & the attraction followed.

Both equally as good.

Post new Message to Thread