Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

concussion

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

odd question so late,but does anyone know how late concussion can come on after a bang on the head?..if it was 48 hours ago,is it unlikely to happen now or might any odd symptoms still be something to worry about?...and yes, im trying to google as well,just so much to wade through i thought this might be quicker

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Don't they recommend monitoring for 48 hours after injury, which suggests it can come on......

over a year ago

Id pop up a&e just to be safe xx

over a year ago

yes, i went this morning to the local one,who dont xray at weekends if you can believe that! and as i was sure, and so was the nurse who saw me,that i hadnt actually broken anything i came home,due at docs tomorrow,but i think im just being daft,feel a bit lightheaded, but now realise ive not eaten for hours,and had more cocodamol about half an hour ago, so i think thats probably it...fell down a flight of stairs on friday night,luckily the neighbours front door, and my face broke the fall!

over a year ago

"yes, i went this morning to the local one,who dont xray at weekends if you can believe that! and as i was sure, and so was the nurse who saw me,that i hadnt actually broken anything i came home,due at docs tomorrow,but i think im just being daft,feel a bit lightheaded, but now realise ive not eaten for hours,and had more cocodamol about half an hour ago, so i think thats probably it...fell down a flight of stairs on friday night,luckily the neighbours front door, and my face broke the fall! "

Oh my god you poor thing! Sounds like lack of food and the co codemol could be cause of being light headed lol

id still go and get checked out at the docs tmrw just to be sure..

over a year ago

"yes, i went this morning to the local one,who dont xray at weekends if you can believe that! and as i was sure, and so was the nurse who saw me,that i hadnt actually broken anything i came home,due at docs tomorrow,but i think im just being daft,feel a bit lightheaded, but now realise ive not eaten for hours,and had more cocodamol about half an hour ago, so i think thats probably it...fell down a flight of stairs on friday night,luckily the neighbours front door, and my face broke the fall! "

You shouldnt be taking cocodamol.

You shouldn't take anything stronger than paracetamol after a head injury as anything stronger will numb you out to the warning signs of increasing pain

over a year ago

When I had concussion a few months ago I didn't have any x-rays to diagnose it.

What advice did they give you for treating/monitoring it? Just follow that and if you are worried go back to an A&E department

over a year ago

thanks for your advice...im off later for xrays,not for my head but knee and shoulder...im am completely technicolour this morning, think of getting a few pics to keep for next halloween!

over a year ago

Did the a&e nurse do neuro obs on you? Ie look in to your eyes for reactions and check your bp/pulse etc?

They should do this at least twice to check variation.

You can have signs of concussion 48hrs later. The only sure fire way of checking for sure would be a brain scan but for healthy people our body's are good at fixing our selfs

Paul got concussion a few weeks back, he seemed fine if a little dazed. Went to work was fine but sickly all day. That night we went to the shops, he started driving home and was acting odd/missing turnings etc, I made him pull over and it was delayed concussion he was fine but just be carefull of driving and as said above lay off the codeine as it can cause drowsiness

Post new Message to Thread