Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Be lovely to see new people mailing.

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I get letters saying read your forum post and love reading posts in there..... Now for all you looking on never mailing in forum be lovely to see new people posting in 2011 xx We would make you very welcome xx jo xx

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ashful BazMan
over a year ago

poole dorset

I have done my bit, I only joined recently. Lol

By *ensualfire88Man
over a year ago

Edinburgh

"I have done my bit, I only joined recently. Lol "

But surely the 'clique' of regular posters ganged up on you, and hounded you out of the forums?

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Did someone use the 'c' word. ?

I get ganged up on regularly - it's tough in here ......

over a year ago

oops ........ sorry Jo ....Yes it would be lovely to see new people posting ..SERIOUSLY ..... To be honest I see new people every day on here. Some of them join in and make a good contribution. Some of them moan ..... bit like civvy really. xx

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

"Did someone use the 'c' word. ?

I get ganged up on regularly - it's tough in here ......"

not you again........ yu was told 'stand in the corner and we will shout when needed'

ok xxx

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

I get ganged up on regularly - it's tough in here ......"

I think that word should be banned for at least today....anyone agree say " aye"

By *ensualfire88Man
over a year ago

Edinburgh

You said I could say cunt.

I'm just not allowed to call anyone a cunt.

No matter how tempting.

Or justified.

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

I think that there are lovely new people posting.

and welcome xx

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

I think that word should be banned for at least today....anyone agree say " aye" "

aye..................

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"You said I could say cunt.

I'm just not allowed to call anyone a cunt.

No matter how tempting.

Or justified.

"

Not that C word duh

By *ensualfire88Man
over a year ago

Edinburgh

Oh.

over a year ago

You lot keep it clean we have lots reading our posts here ... lol the lookers xx on fab i am working on getting new blood here .. not thats i dont like you clicky mad people i do xxxx lol

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

over a year ago

Jo you're so lovely. Not seen you at chams for a while girl. I want to say Hi next time I do!

Yes, it would be great to see some new peeps saying hello and posting on here. Don't you have to wait a week and be verified or something like that before you can post?

Forums change and evolve all the time so no doubt there are new peeps sneaking on every day, we just don't notice them unless they post 500 times in 3 minutes

over a year ago

You'd be surprised how many people lurk, it would be nice if they posted.

The amount of lovely men over 40 who sent me messages (droool...and piccies) of themselves when I asked on the forums for proof you could have a hot bod over 40 was astounding.

Pity they don't join in the fun on here...hello boys!!!

*Hides whips behind back and waves*

Forum Mod

over a year ago

I think that word should be banned for at least today....anyone agree say " aye" "

Aye

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

can i make sure on which "C" word we are banning today.... does that mean i can use the other ruder versions instead......

a collection of classic comments coralled containing civilised conjucture....

I think.....

heck my degree is in maths.... so shoot me!!!!

over a year ago

The forum on this site is so different from other sites me and Sharon have tried .....plenty of chuckles....and moments to ponder....really thoughtful posts, that have changed my outlook on a couple of subjects .....

So far its been a delight to watch and at times join in ...

Well done to all of you for making it what it is ..a fun place to be ....

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

"The forum on this site is so different from other sites me and Sharon have tried .....plenty of chuckles....and moments to ponder....really thoughtful posts, that have changed my outlook on a couple of subjects .....

"

welcome to you both.

and thank you for your comment

By *ensualfire88Man
over a year ago

Edinburgh

"The forum on this site is so different from other sites me and Sharon have tried .....plenty of chuckles....and moments to ponder....really thoughtful posts, that have changed my outlook on a couple of subjects .....

welcome to you both.

and thank you for your comment"

What he said.

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

welcome to you both.

What he said."

read up

By *ensualfire88Man
over a year ago

Edinburgh

welcome to you both.

What he said.

read up "

I was endorsing your comment, silly boy.

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

welcome to you both.

What he said.

read up

I was endorsing your comment, silly boy."

By *ensualfire88Man
over a year ago

Edinburgh

welcome to you both.

What he said.

read up

I was endorsing your comment, silly boy.

"

I now consider you to be suitably abashed.

x.

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

good man

I am a giver and a taker at times.

of banter that is ... not COCK

By *ensualfire88Man
over a year ago

Edinburgh

Liar.

over a year ago

"good man

of banter that is ... not COCK"

Someone will always lower the tone!

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

"Liar."

a little white one.....

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

"good man

Someone will always lower the tone! "

meant to say... Hotch was good, he popped twice

By *irtyGirlWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

"good man

meant to say... Hotch was good, he popped twice "

Spencer has cut his hair. This did not make me happy.

And yes... new people should join in... you can only be part of the fun when you make yourself part of it!

over a year ago

so very true ..

over a year ago

We're gonna cum back as newbies

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

"We're gonna cum back as newbies "

welcome... look forward to you posting.

over a year ago

"good man

meant to say... Hotch was good, he popped twice "

Humph!

Still not talking to you, you, you, fantasy shatterer you!!! Don't even go there with Hotch!!!

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

"good man

meant to say... Hotch was good, he popped twice

Humph!

Still not talking to you, you, you, fantasy shatterer you!!! Don't even go there with Hotch!!! "

xx

over a year ago

"We're gonna cum back as newbies "

Watch out for that beguiling temptress Sassy..........(look behind her back as she waves)

over a year ago

"We're gonna cum back as newbies

Watch out for that beguiling temptress Sassy..........(look behind her back as she waves) "

Sassy's a pussy cat We have a mutual respect, and that's all I'm sayin'

Go on then, start the goss

over a year ago

love the forums, different emotions all in 1 day xx katy

over a year ago

No goss here alas, was at a vanilla New Year party last night and just got home......I'm playing catch-up in the forums and dossing on the sofa right now. xxxx

over a year ago

Tis true...I yam, I yam, I weally yam a putty tat!!!

By *i 1 Get 1 FreeCouple (MM)
over a year ago

birmingham

Err, cough, cough!

"We would make you very welcome xx jo xx"

One with no sugar, and one with ½ spoon

over a year ago

"Err, cough, cough!

We would make you very welcome xx jo xx

One with no sugar, and one with ½ spoon "

ok darling your always welcome here you know that xx

over a year ago

I agree with the lovely Jo.

Many of you shy people out there mail and say how much you like reading comments etc. in the forums.....go on....be devils.... make a comment of your own and say hi. xxxx

over a year ago

I did that last week...put up a post...wasn't a moan/ whinge/critisicm/condemnation/victimisation or any other word you care to enter....and within about 6 posts by other people it was slating me off as being too critical of people on here

It was how they had interpreted what I had written...which was totally different to the way I meant it.

By *irtyGirlWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

"I did that last week...put up a post...wasn't a moan/ whinge/critisicm/condemnation/victimisation or any other word you care to enter....and within about 6 posts by other people it was slating me off as being too critical of people on here

It was how they had interpreted what I had written...which was totally different to the way I meant it. "

That happens... you kinda miss the facial expressions on a forum or the tone in which something has been written and sometimes it is taken a different way than we mean it to be. But it's all good if it gets a discussion going and I'm glad you're still posting regardless.

over a year ago

I have a thick enough skin not to let it get to me.....obviously there are others on here that may not be able to cope with it and it could put them off posting here or trying to join in

over a year ago

"I have a thick enough skin not to let it get to me.....obviously there are others on here that may not be able to cope with it and it could put them off posting here or trying to join in

"

That's why I never knock the age old 'would you kiss/kick/fuck/avoid' type threads, they are often a newbies first hesitant step onto the forums.

over a year ago

I`m not without experience on message boards .....think you `ave to accept the slings and arrows of an open forum, and the misreading of any post you put up !!

I`ve always held the _iew that peeps will see your character over time, and get to see what you`re intent is, and respond accordingly ......did you communicate back to make clear what you mean`t?......take what you want and leave the rest is a good aphorism !!

Hope it ain`t put you of posting, I`m a newbie here as well by the way !!

over a year ago

my post was a reflective question about the amount of "friends" someone had on their profile.

I didn't mention the name on the profile

I wasn't questioning their right to have as many friends on their profile as they want.

I wasn't being critical of their sexual activities

I just stated I had never seen so many "friends" on a profile..I lost count at over 100.....and all I asked was had anyone ever seen a profile on here with more than that

Now to me that was an open question...and withing a few replys I was getting slated for a) critiscising their verifications (which I hadn't mentioned) b) their sexual activites (which again I hadn't mentioned) and c) the right of people to do what they like as often as they like where they want and with whomsoever they chose...

Is it any wonder that newbies are full of trepidation over putting their toes into the forums??

By *amschwingerzCouple
over a year ago

West

"I get letters saying read your forum post and love reading posts in there..... Now for all you looking on never mailing in forum be lovely to see new people posting in 2011 xx We would make you very welcome xx jo xx"

Have to agree and diagree there 'game'..great idea to encourage more people to post..but from our experience its very difficult to get your post commented on (unless your the OP) as a newbie..and even after a year we find that the regulars tend to ignore peoples posts who they dnt know and stick to replying to their freinds...we have encountered this many times..somene has made a comment, we have responded only to find the regulars have ignored our post and only commented on what their friends have replied with instead...even though its more or less the same as ours..

Thats said...the fourms are more friendly than the chat rooms..nice people here.

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

"I get letters saying read your forum post and love reading posts in there..... Now for all you looking on never mailing in forum be lovely to see new people posting in 2011 xx We would make you very welcome xx jo xx

Have to agree and diagree there 'game'..great idea to encourage more people to post..but from our experience its very difficult to get your post commented on (unless your the OP) as a newbie..and even after a year we find that the regulars tend to ignore peoples posts who they dnt know and stick to replying to their freinds...we have encountered this many times..somene has made a comment, we have responded only to find the regulars have ignored our post and only commented on what their friends have replied with instead...even though its more or less the same as ours..

Thats said...the fourms are more friendly than the chat rooms..nice people here."

do you feel its improving or still the same. Hopefully improving

By *irtyGirlWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

"

Thats said...the fourms are more friendly than the chat rooms..nice people here."

I think that's maybe where the problem lies... I don't worry about whether people comment on stuff I say. I just like talking shite. If someone comments in any shape or form then that's cool... I like the banter, but if not that's cool too... I really don't care. There are some threads that you post that don't pull any interest, there are other threads that you can post that cause a whole load of debate and discussion. The response on threads can depend on the day, the people around and of course the topic.

I think too many people take things personally. It's not about replying to your mates... I reply to stuff I have something to say on regardless of who's posted it. The only time it makes a difference to me on who's posted something is if they're being a little sensitive about stuff... then I generally choose to ignore their posts so as not to cause further issues.

over a year ago

yeah, but thats a gain!! ....you know sumething about the peeps in question...

You seem to be on top of it tho.....more emphasing a trait in people, sensistivity!!! and the whole gamut of other emotions...and what some newcomers could expect!!!

From what I`ve seen theres enough checks and balances to keep it as fair as a forum I`ve seen ..

over a year ago

"

Thats said...the fourms are more friendly than the chat rooms..nice people here.

I think that's maybe where the problem lies... I don't worry about whether people comment on stuff I say. I just like talking shite. If someone comments in any shape or form then that's cool... I like the banter, but if not that's cool too... I really don't care. There are some threads that you post that don't pull any interest, there are other threads that you can post that cause a whole load of debate and discussion. The response on threads can depend on the day, the people around and of course the topic.

I think too many people take things personally. It's not about replying to your mates... I reply to stuff I have something to say on regardless of who's posted it. The only time it makes a difference to me on who's posted something is if they're being a little sensitive about stuff... then I generally choose to ignore their posts so as not to cause further issues.

"

I'm with you here Dirty!

After a year my comments are often ignored and people do just answer their friends or if it's a woman only the men, but I post because I have something to say: the forums are fun!

Some people do take things personally and tend to throw wobblies, but hey ho, all in all it is good fun!

By *irtyGirlWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

"yeah, but thats a gain!! ....you know sumething about the peeps in question...

You seem to be on top of it tho.....more emphasing a trait in people, sensistivity!!! and the whole gamut of other emotions...and what some newcomers could expect!!!

From what I`ve seen theres enough checks and balances to keep it as fair as a forum I`ve seen .. "

I don't really have inside knowledge. I've met a handful of people here in person. I just read a lot and pay attention and get to know how people's humour works. I guess you just have to stick with it and not take it to heart if no-one replies to a post you made. Sometimes we post stuff that we think is well thought out but I generally try and read back what I've written and try and read it how others will. I'd never be mean to someone, unless I'm being cheeky and know that they'll take it the way it's meant. I like sarcasm but again you need to be careful who's on the receiving end. It's just about having a little bit of common sense.

By *etillanteWoman
over a year ago

"

After a year my comments are often ignored and people do just answer their friends or if it's a woman only the men, but I post because I have something to say: the forums are fun!

Some people do take things personally and tend to throw wobblies, but hey ho, all in all it is good fun! "

And I'm with you, life is too short and all that crap, let's enjoy and agree to disagree

By *ola cubesMan
over a year ago

coatbridge

[Removed by poster at 09/01/11 16:18:33]

over a year ago

Whilst I agree that new forum members should be encouraged to post, its hit and miss whether it will be good experience. You do have to stick at it and stay true to yourself. doesnt matter if you're the only one with a particular _iewpoint and hundreds are against you, stick with it, and take no notice of the sarky responses at times.

I do find that comments get ignored too, only answering friends comments, or you get the I love you comments to the friends too. But for all that, it is solely how we interpret things, we all have good days and bad days. Regardless of whatever anyone comments, I really value the posters on these forums, I enjoy it very much

over a year ago

" You lot keep it clean we have lots reading our posts here ... lol the lookers xx on fab i am working on getting new blood here .. not thats i dont like you clicky mad people i do xxxx lol"

By *amschwingerzCouple
over a year ago

West

"Whilst I agree that new forum members should be encouraged to post, its hit and miss whether it will be good experience. You do have to stick at it and stay true to yourself. doesnt matter if you're the only one with a particular _iewpoint and hundreds are against you, stick with it, and take no notice of the sarky responses at times.

I do find that comments get ignored too, only answering friends comments, or you get the I love you comments to the friends too. But for all that, it is solely how we interpret things, we all have good days and bad days. Regardless of whatever anyone comments, I really value the posters on these forums, I enjoy it very much "

Good post..

Post new Message to Thread