Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Why is it difficult

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

For some people to show a little kindness and understanding ?

For years i worked with those less fortunate, mentally and physically disabled and the elderly.

The one thing that seperates us from the animals is that we can impart a little kindness to our fellow human bieng and have a little understanding of what they are going through , yet many decide for one reason or another to ridicule or have that yob mentality re laugh and kick the shite out of instead of offering a hand or to listen.

I find that the biggest way of getting a smile out of someone was to give one.

To hold out the hand of friendship and also listen.

I find it an extremely harsh and uncaring world but not by all.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

tis a very cruel world at times, but a great world many times more.

it is kindness, compassion and the ability to see 'it could happen to any of us at any time'.

and how would I like to be treated if it does.

just with a little RESPECT. xx

By *ensualfire88Man
over a year ago

Edinburgh

There are way more good people than bad around.

The bad people are just more vocal.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

A smile or even a good morning to someone goes along way we live in a world where no one cares anymore about their neighbours etc

I open doors for people because I like to manners and being nice cost nothing neither does saying sorry when your wrong

I have a sis with bipolar who as everyday struggles but she as a fantastic CPN and network to help

over a year ago

"There are way more good people than bad around.

The bad people are just more vocal."

oi .....

By *eppersCouple
over a year ago

telford

People these days are dam rude and rarely think of any body but themselves, thats why we are in the state we are no respect for authority or teachers or in general for that matter.

By *ingleguy1973Man
over a year ago

peterborough

it is a sad reflection on the so called civilised society that we live in that too many people are only looking out for themselves and dont care about others. they feel that they have the right to put down others, especially those who cannot defend themselves in order to make themselves look better.

it is almost ironic, that on a swingers site, an activity which frowned upon by many in our society that i have seen more kindness and compassion in what many people have said on the forums than i have seen anywhere else for a long time.

over a year ago

If we're going to be realistic, its difficult because its quite frankly impossible - everyone has been mean or showed no sympathy towards someone at one point.

The sooner society can accept that we've all done it, the sooner we can focus on who we deem matters the most to us.

over a year ago

"There are way more good people than bad around.

The bad people are just more vocal."

I think this post is spot on.

By *ingleguy1973Man
over a year ago

peterborough

"If we're going to be realistic, its difficult because its quite frankly impossible - everyone has been mean or showed no sympathy towards someone at one point.

The sooner society can accept that we've all done it, the sooner we can focus on who we deem matters the most to us."

we all have off days. being in a bad mood or whatever and not being as kind or considerate as you might have been is one thing. i bet even mother theresa felt like telling people to fuck off at some point. but being a complete twat 24/7, unable to think of anyone but yourself is another matter completely.

people like the scum who bullied fiona pilkington and her disabled daughter relentlessly for years until she could take no more and took both their lives or the gang who kicked garry newlove to death in front of his family for daring to ask them to stop vandalising his car.

the sooner society stops accepting this kind of behaviour, the sooner we will be able live in a more compasionate and better world.

over a year ago

"If we're going to be realistic, its difficult because its quite frankly impossible - everyone has been mean or showed no sympathy towards someone at one point.

The sooner society can accept that we've all done it, the sooner we can focus on who we deem matters the most to us.

we all have off days. being in a bad mood or whatever and not being as kind or considerate as you might have been is one thing. i bet even mother theresa felt like telling people to fuck off at some point. but being a complete twat 24/7, unable to think of anyone but yourself is another matter completely.

people like the scum who bullied fiona pilkington and her disabled daughter relentlessly for years until she could take no more and took both their lives or the gang who kicked garry newlove to death in front of his family for daring to ask them to stop vandalising his car.

the sooner society stops accepting this kind of behaviour, the sooner we will be able live in a more compasionate and better world."

agree, society has much in common with the family set up, firm consensual guidelines, appropriate correction and redress.

the most powerful of course, would be celebration of positive behaviour - a thing we see little of.

By *ingleguy1973Man
over a year ago

peterborough

".agree, society has much in common with the family set up, firm consensual guidelines, appropriate correction and redress.

the most powerful of course, would be celebration of positive behaviour - a thing we see little of."

couldnt agree more... too many people are not prepared to accept responsibilty for their actions. and it starts with parents failing to teach their kids right & wrong, good manners and respect for others.

By *ensualfire88Man
over a year ago

Edinburgh

"I bet even mother theresa felt like telling people to fuck off at some point. "

She did, frequently.

Principally anyone who questioned why she with-held structural changes to end poverty, particulalry those which would raise the status of Women by allowing them education or access to contraception.

And yet she didnt tell the Haitian Dicatator Jean Claude 'pap doc' Duvalier and his wife to fuck off, she happily had a long standing & unquestioning relationship with them.

She told people to 'fuck off' when they questioned why she opened convents in 150 countries rather than use the money to establish a teching hopspital and save many, many more lives.

All comes down to how you define 'good people' and 'bad people' I guess.

over a year ago

I heard a quote about this kind of thing that I think sums it up quite well, goes something like this,

"All it takes for evil to triumph, is for good men to do nothing".

Think it seems like that more and more each day, but I just try to treat others how I want them to treat me, still don't always get it right, but to keep trying, thats the key, I think.

over a year ago

I have to say, that the number of good people who do nothing are in the majority, they are to wrapped up in their own worlds and issues to really do anything.

It is the minority who are prepaed to put themselves out and go that extra mile.

It is a sad indication of the world we live in.

My mum has kept a day center for people with learning difficulties open for the last 15 years, she is now too old to take on social services, and no bugger else is willing to stand up and be counted in the way she has done.

over a year ago

"I have to say, that the number of good people who do nothing are in the majority, they are to wrapped up in their own worlds and issues to really do anything.

It is the minority who are prepaed to put themselves out and go that extra mile.

It is a sad indication of the world we live in.

My mum has kept a day center for people with learning difficulties open for the last 15 years, she is now too old to take on social services, and no bugger else is willing to stand up and be counted in the way she has done."

Good for her, we struggle almost daily to get social services to help tenants we know need help, one woman told me it would be 6 weeks before they had an appointment free to assess someone with severe alcohol problem, and she was so "whatever" attitude!! Another tenant with mental health issues, cannot look after himself, filled the toilet so went wherever he was sat, yet after nearly 300 contacts we had to threaten them with court action before they would help

Post new Message to Thread