By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"shitwallopfucksplat!"

what he said

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

Avoid at all costs, shows like Eastenders just rely on shock tactics to keep _iewing figures up.

Just when you think they can't stoop any lower....they will find a script to shock you more.

By *emmefatale OP   Woman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

Im just interested as to how many people actually watch them, and why? I have never been a fan, and if they are that depressing why people watch them in the first place? People have told me that its escapism....but why do you want to escape to misery and bad writing?

over a year ago

well I watch soaps and yes i do enjoy them

over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"well I watch soaps and yes i do enjoy them"
what is about them you enjoy?

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

"well I watch soaps and yes i do enjoy themwhat is about them you enjoy?"

Murder, rape, disasters, child abduction....what's not to like?

By *unky monkeyMan
over a year ago

in the night garden

I just find them dreary and depressing.

It's always bad things happening to people, enough already with the bad things! There's enough in real life ffs!

It's like that Casualty, the shit that hits that hospital is unbelievable, fires, bombs, terrorists, serial killers etc.

Just once I'd like to see an episode where all the doctors caught up on a bit of paper work.

over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"well I watch soaps and yes i do enjoy themwhat is about them you enjoy?

Murder, rape, disasters, child abduction....what's not to like?

"

See thats what i mean, subject matter like that isnt exactly uplifting, im not knocking people that watch em, i just wanna know why?

over a year ago

I love emmerdale.... funny how everyone seems to be in the pub or cafe though..does no one ever work?

over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"I just find them dreary and depressing.

It's always bad things happening to people, enough already with the bad things! There's enough in real life ffs!

It's like that Casualty, the shit that hits that hospital is unbelievable, fires, bombs, terrorists, serial killers etc.

Just once I'd like to see an episode where all the doctors caught up on a bit of paper work."

In "real life" Drs are shit at paperwork and the majority of stuff is left to nurse practitioners..

over a year ago

Do you not think that soaps are produced, to make your lives seem not as troubled?

over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"Do you not think that soaps are produced, to make your lives seem not as troubled?"
I dont know, you tell me

By *irtyGirlWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

They're shite. However, I can't say I never watch them. Sometimes I just want to watch mind numbing rubbish.

Although regardless... I have the mind numbing chatter from my roomies at work cause watching shite is what their life consists of and there are daily updates EVERY day.

By *unky monkeyMan
over a year ago

in the night garden

"I love emmerdale.... funny how everyone seems to be in the pub or cafe though..does no one ever work? "

I've been in the Emmerdale pub with work and there was no one in all the time I was there!

I did have a pint though, the pumps really work!

In the dart board's scoreboard I put 'Amos Brearly sucks cocks in hell' in the corner in chalk - apparently no one checks it hehehehehe

over a year ago

"Do you not think that soaps are produced, to make your lives seem not as troubled?I dont know, you tell me "

works for me... I get home having truck rage, after some twat in a nissan micra cuts me up on the A1, I switch on emmerdale and see paddy and marlon playing kids games, and all my troubles melt away

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

Well as someone who originates from the London area I can confirm that Eastenders DOES NOT technically fairly represent the area....

Presently in 'Enders' you will struggle to find more than a handful of Pakistani characters....in the real East End of London you would find that the vast majority of families living in the Square would be of Pakistani descent.

It would have to be called 'East is East Enders'

To my knowledge there is not an African family in Eastenders (correct me if I am wrong 'Enders' fans), in a real East End street African families would also figure strongly.

The BBC should have the guts to make the programme more realistic.

And take note, this is not a racially motivated or bigoted post, it's an established fact.

By *irtyGirlWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

"Do you not think that soaps are produced, to make your lives seem not as troubled?I dont know, you tell me

works for me... I get home having truck rage, after some twat in a nissan micra cuts me up on the A1, I switch on emmerdale and see paddy and marlon playing kids games, and all my troubles melt away "

Have you considered using the time to wash your mucky truck?!

over a year ago

"I love emmerdale.... funny how everyone seems to be in the pub or cafe though..does no one ever work?

I've been in the Emmerdale pub with work and there was no one in all the time I was there!

I did have a pint though, the pumps really work!

In the dart board's scoreboard I put 'Amos Brearly sucks cocks in hell' in the corner in chalk - apparently no one checks it hehehehehe "

I've been to the real one aswell, and it was full of japanese tourists!!!

over a year ago

"Do you not think that soaps are produced, to make your lives seem not as troubled?I dont know, you tell me

works for me... I get home having truck rage, after some twat in a nissan micra cuts me up on the A1, I switch on emmerdale and see paddy and marlon playing kids games, and all my troubles melt away

Have you considered using the time to wash your mucky truck?! "

Never take my mucky truck home with me, and its always mucky 5 mins after I wash it, so no point

over a year ago

I'd rather live in Albert Square than Midsomer..The mortality rate there is horrendous.

Seriously tho,there must be people from more provincial areas who love eastenders and think 'when I go to London I'm gonna check out the east end'

when they get there 'WTF?'

over a year ago

Anyway Hollyoaks is best, cos you never see a minger female.... so Im gonna move there..........

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

When I moved down here into my little village from Bromley an old guy at the pub (born in Devon and never left it...ever) actually asked us if we knew any of the people on Eastenders....the poor old sod thought it was real life.

We just stood there with our mouths open.......

over a year ago

I got so fed up with Mrs Easyshare watching "soaps", I gave her an ultimatum, "everytime you put that shite on the telly I`m off down the pub". I was convinced this tactic would work.

Yours, "The insolvent alchoholic".

By *irtyGirlWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

"

I got so fed up with Mrs Easyshare watching "soaps", I gave her an ultimatum, "everytime you put that shite on the telly I`m off down the pub". I was convinced this tactic would work.

Yours, "The insolvent alchoholic". "

That wasn't very clever now was it? Haven't you learned?

over a year ago

"

Yours, "The insolvent alchoholic". "

we went to perthshire a couple of times (auchterarder). Everyone is in the pub..Everyone!

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

I likie likie.....

only Corrie and Emmerdale tho.

over a year ago

"

That wasn't very clever now was it? Haven't you learned? "

Very complicated things, these women.

By *irtyGirlWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

"

Very complicated things, these women. "

So you have learned and still you gave that ultimatum?!

Silly boy!

over a year ago

"

Silly boy! "

Thats it, I`m arf doon the boozer, again!!!

By *irtyGirlWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

"

Silly boy!

Thats it, I`m arf doon the boozer, again!!! "

What's on at this time of the day?!

over a year ago

"

Silly boy!

Thats it, I`m arf doon the boozer, again!!!

What's on at this time of the day?! "

There`s no women in at this time....... So I have a chance of winning an argument.

over a year ago

"A must see or inane drivel?"

They keep my Nan quiet thats for sure

over a year ago

Have you noticed they have all sorts going on in them from murder to baby napping but there is no hint of a swingers group!

Post new Message to Thread