Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Mutton dressed as lamb

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Im a woman in my early 40s but have always had clear ideas on how I want to dress and this doesnt always conform to what society perceives as acceptable for a woman in her 40s.

I have a certain flamboyance to my wardrobe shall we say. Sometimes my 21 year old will say, Mum why dont you look like other mums but I cant do it, I would be so unhappy if I had to buy clothes from M&S or BHS.

Do you think women or men should dress their age or do you think they should dress exactly as they want. I dress as I please, I wont conform to the norm.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"Im a woman in my early 40s but have always had clear ideas on how I want to dress and this doesnt always conform to what society perceives as acceptable for a woman in her 40s.

I have a certain flamboyance to my wardrobe shall we say. Sometimes my 21 year old will say, Mum why dont you look like other mums but I cant do it, I would be so unhappy if I had to buy clothes from M&S or BHS.

Do you think women or men should dress their age or do you think they should dress exactly as they want. I dress as I please, I wont conform to the norm. "

Whats wrong with M and S or BHS??

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Im a woman in my early 40s but have always had clear ideas on how I want to dress and this doesnt always conform to what society perceives as acceptable for a woman in her 40s.

Do you think women or men should dress their age or do you think they should dress exactly as they want. I dress as I please, I wont conform to the norm. "

Its not an age thing, some people just look terrible and like they're trying too hard in certain clothes.

I remember seeing a really well dressed pregnant lady out shopping before and I found her massively attractive - it didn't feel sexual but she just looked great.

By *ensualfire88Man
over a year ago

Edinburgh

Do you think women or men should dress their age or do you think they should dress exactly as they want. I dress as I please, I wont conform to the norm. Whats wrong with M and S or BHS?? "

It's not as good as B&H fags and S&M sex.

over a year ago

I dont think women in their 40,s + need to dress OLD but do feel some decorum should come with age.

Women of a certain age can and do look ridiculous if the clothing is deemed "to young"

I think classy and elegant come into their own when worn well by "older" ladies

over a year ago

You dress as you like but you will have to accept what other people thing of the way you dress. But why worry i wouldn't.

over a year ago

If you feel like dressing a certain way then go for it, your a grown Lady and can do as you like and who cares what others think

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

Do you think women or men should dress their age or do you think they should dress exactly as they want. I dress as I please, I wont conform to the norm. Whats wrong with M and S or BHS??

It's not as good as B&H fags and S&M sex."

dont like B and H but love the latter

By *arambarMan
over a year ago

swindon

"Its not an age thing, some people just look terrible and like they're trying too hard in certain clothes.

I remember seeing a really well dressed pregnant lady out shopping before and I found her massively attractive - it didn't feel sexual but she just looked great."

Completely agree with this. There's a girl who works at the same company as me who I'm massively attracted to. Facially she's nothing special at all, and her physique is best described as average (especially when compared to the girls who work in the call centre!) but I find that she has a fantastic sense of fashion and always dresses unlike anybody else.

By *ensual temptressWoman
over a year ago

Southampton

a way a person dresses is their own self exspression .if they feel good and feel comfortable then thats all that matters in my opinion .certainly not for me to dictate they have to dress a certain way .

over a year ago

I think that sometimes its other women that are most critical about ones dress sense.

I always ask a mate for an honest opinion about new clothing and do take their advise.

But ive long since lost the "shock um dead" mentality of youth.

I actually prefer classy and elegance

By *ensualfire88Man
over a year ago

Edinburgh

Do you think women or men should dress their age or do you think they should dress exactly as they want. I dress as I please, I wont conform to the norm. Whats wrong with M and S or BHS??

It's not as good as B&H fags and S&M sex.dont like B and H but love the latter "

You supply the clothing, i'll take care of the tobacco.

And, for the avoidence of any doubt re 'appropriate' clothing, look at Femme and a few others for how hot a girl can look not by dressing to 'age', but by dressing in a style and fashion which she feels comfortable and confident in.

A skinny 19 year old in Femmes shoes would look a proper fanny.

Seriously.

over a year ago

i think it's irrelevant what you wear as long as you carry it of...there's some 20 yr olds that shouldn't wear what 20yr old's wear!

you possibly know by now what works well for your figure and if what you wear makes you confident, that will shine through.

i would rather look confident than conform.

By *irtyGirlWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

I'm not sure really... but there's a bird at my work and she's mid 40's and comes to work wearing clothes that wouldn't look out of place on a 15 year old. Some days she looks positively ridiculous.

By all means, wear what you like and there's a bit of me that thinks hats off to folk who really don't care what other people think but at the same time, maybe you should dress appropriately for the surroundings?

I wouldn't wear what I would wear to a meet to work for example. I go to work dressed appropriately for my surroundings. I wouldn't wear a suit to go camping, I'd wear my jeans and my trainers.

And I don't think there's anything wrong with M&S or BHS either. I don't follow fashion, I wear what I'm comfortable in and bought a pair of trousers from M&S quite recently and they're cool. I don't necessarily always conform and with a suit to work there's often cleavage but within reason. I'd get fired if my tits were hanging out.

I don't have kids either but I'm fairly sure that I wouldn't want to embarrass them by wearing a basque and a short skirt to parents evening. However, that's probably subject to change cause I think that's a parents' job from time to time and since my mum does it often I would probably continue the trend.

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

Half my wardrobe comes from Per Una in Marks and Spencers....

over a year ago

Did you see Jane Fonda on tv last week...73 and dressed in leather thigh high boots and a mini skirt. Wear whatever you feel comfortable in.

over a year ago

Its all about having the confidence to go knock um dead, at the same time...making sure ya drawers aint showing . lmao

By *ustyWoman
over a year ago

inverclyde

dress the way you feel comfortable as i had an ex hubby who wanted me to look like a tart all the time

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"Its all about having the confidence to go knock um dead, at the same time...making sure ya drawers aint showing . lmao "
unless ya doing the can can

over a year ago

well femme gets away with it so you should

over a year ago

Then they have to be frilly

over a year ago

There's classy and slutty well what people percieve as slutty, I save slut for bedroom and leave class everywhere else.

Nothing wrong with marks and sparks fab undies xxxx

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

Whats "the norm"?

over a year ago

Though my swinging attire is lingerie and obviously short, I wouldnt go out wearing low jeans with a thong showing above them, but neither would I wear pleated skirts and cardigans.

I have always loved gothic / punk style clothing, but my big love is 50s glamour and certainly burlesque. I love elaborate make up too, and I will go out wearing Indian bridal make up etc and have jewels stuck on my face. I love it, and Im not really gonna change anytime soon, but certainly some people, colleagues etc, do turn their noses up at the way I dress because Im not wearing black skirt, white blouse and kitten heels

By *ig badMan
over a year ago

Up North :-)

"Then they have to be frilly "

Frilly doesn't suit me though!

over a year ago

I dress conservatively, with lots of colours, in that, all my formalwear are tailored to fit me, nothing too low cut or too high a split showing too much flesh. All are "classic" cuts/shapes that make the most of what I have.

However, I like bold colours, and have been known to wear an emerald green jacket with a red-check shirt! How about purple and fuchsia, or cerise with royal blue?!

Waist down is always black, all accessories are black, and the accessories are also very conservative.

My job/line of work requires a certain decorum, and showing too much flesh is frown upon!

Heels, corsets, sexy underwear, babydolls etc. are only worn at clubs/socials and playtime!

Therefore, I guess I dress my age, and cannot be labelled as a mutton dress as lamb! I don't even dye my hair!

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

[Removed by poster at 30/12/10 22:42:49]

over a year ago

1950,s retro chic is very hot, very Jane Mansfield and marilyn Monroe xxxx

By *ensualfire88Man
over a year ago

Edinburgh

"Then they have to be frilly

Frilly doesn't suit me though! "

'Mutton dressed as Mutton'

over a year ago

"Half my wardrobe comes from Per Una in Marks and Spencers.... "

Sorry ladies it wasnt a slur on M&S entirely, Per Una does have some nice items, and underwear from M&S is lovely, its the country style lady at leisure stuff I cant stand, cord skirts, anoraks, pretty scarves to brighten up a white blouse, that kind of thing

By *ig badMan
over a year ago

Wouldn't it be boring if everyone dressed the same! If someone wants to dress slutty then i don't mind. However if you want to dress like wanetta slob then i am not going to be impressed.

By *aucy3Couple
over a year ago

glasgow

i agree with peaches.females,judge other females,with the most critical eye.

when we go out,mrs saucy loves a mini skirt.she has fantastic legs,why not.she wears low cut tops,which go with her boobs.

why should dressing sexy,be restricted to the young.

if you look in the mirror,and you'r happy what you see.then thats for you.

over a year ago

"Wouldn't it be boring if everyone dressed the same! If someone wants to dress slutty then i don't mind. However if you want to dress like wanetta slob then i am not going to be impressed. "
I did a meet where she was dressed like that!

By *ig badMan
over a year ago

"Wouldn't it be boring if everyone dressed the same! If someone wants to dress slutty then i don't mind. However if you want to dress like wanetta slob then i am not going to be impressed. I did a meet where she was dressed like that! "

Did you stop for legover then?

over a year ago

Really?

over a year ago

"Wouldn't it be boring if everyone dressed the same! If someone wants to dress slutty then i don't mind. However if you want to dress like wanetta slob then i am not going to be impressed. I did a meet where she was dressed like that!

Did you stop for legover then? "

No i made an excuse and left as she looked grubby.

over a year ago

There's a few men on here like that too

over a year ago

I never wear skirts/dresses to work, and the pins only come out at parties or play!

About 12y ago, I needed something formal for a wedding, and could not find anything that fit me and make me look half decent.

I wandered into the maternity department of John Lewis, and a lady salesperson asked me when I was due.

I felt her embarrassment when I told her I am not expecting!

I had not shopped for formal clothes since, and had them made for me instead.

By *ensualfire88Man
over a year ago

Edinburgh

Okay Laydees, here's one to think about...

I understand fully about how girls feel about themselves/image etc etc, fucking etc (i've been married & in relationships ok? - Trust me, i get it!!)

WHEN you are considering if an outfit is appropriate for you or not. Don't think is this;

Mutton dressed as Lamb

Instead think, is this;

Fish out of Water.

Anyone who doesnt get the analogy should henceforth just wear velour leisurewear.

By *ig badMan
over a year ago

"Wouldn't it be boring if everyone dressed the same! If someone wants to dress slutty then i don't mind. However if you want to dress like wanetta slob then i am not going to be impressed. I did a meet where she was dressed like that!

Did you stop for legover then?

No i made an excuse and left as she looked grubby."

Chicken!

By *irtyGirlWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

I like cord skirts!

I'm happy that I don't look like mutton nor do I look frumpy. You just have to know how to shop for things that suit you and what you feel comfy in. I definitely wouldn't want people at work thinking that my wardrobe is too young for me. How mortifying?

My mum is about to turn 70 and she wears clothes that your normal 70 year old wouldn't wear and would never get away with. She always looks classy and if she didn't then she wouldn't need me to tell her.

Women are the biggest judges though, me included. There's often days when I see people and wonder whether they have mirrors in their house.

By *umourCouple
over a year ago

Rushden

Dressing approprately is more the order of the day! If you are going to a swingers club, wear revealing clothes. If you are down the pub for a drink, look classy but don't try to compete with the teenagers!

Clothes appropriate to build can always make a lady look classy and sexy. Clothes where pounds of flesh are squeezing out just look like a desperate attempt to attract attention

Can't see what is wrong with clothes from M&S or BHS! But I can see plenty wrong with embarrassing your kids by wearing the wrong clothes just because you want to!

over a year ago

"WHEN you are considering if an outfit is appropriate for you or not. Don't think is this;

Mutton dressed as Lamb

Instead think, is this;

Fish out of Water."

Got me thinking, thanks!

I know what suits and does not suit me.

All formal eveningwear had been made with me wearing a corset underneath, as it is the only way to give me a decent waist/shape!

Now where is the crying smiley when I need it?!

over a year ago

"I like cord skirts!

I'm happy that I don't look like mutton nor do I look frumpy. You just have to know how to shop for things that suit you and what you feel comfy in. I definitely wouldn't want people at work thinking that my wardrobe is too young for me. How mortifying?

My mum is about to turn 70 and she wears clothes that your normal 70 year old wouldn't wear and would never get away with. She always looks classy and if she didn't then she wouldn't need me to tell her.

Women are the biggest judges though, me included. There's often days when I see people and wonder whether they have mirrors in their house. "

Even worse is when they are on holidays abroad.

Jeez !!!

I was ashamed for them to be honest .

over a year ago

"Dressing approprately is more the order of the day! If you are going to a swingers club, wear revealing clothes. If you are down the pub for a drink, look classy but don't try to compete with the teenagers!

Clothes appropriate to build can always make a lady look classy and sexy. Clothes where pounds of flesh are squeezing out just look like a desperate attempt to attract attention

Can't see what is wrong with clothes from M&S or BHS! But I can see plenty wrong with embarrassing your kids by wearing the wrong clothes just because you want to! "

Yeh that seems about right.

By *ensualfire88Man
over a year ago

Edinburgh

"There's often days when I see people and wonder whether they have mirrors in their house. "

I see the same people.

But always think, was there just nobody there who could have said "No" before you went out?

over a year ago

I wouldnt say I dress sexily, it is more flamboyant Id say. I love colour as well as black gothic clothes. I should have been born in the Elizabethan era. If I could go out dressed like Elizabeth 1st Id be happy lol. I love Sari's too. I never wear trousers though, they dont suit me, I dont have the shape for trousers as Im not very tall. I dont like jeans either.

By *irtyGirlWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

"There's often days when I see people and wonder whether they have mirrors in their house.

I see the same people.

But always think, was there just nobody there who could have said "No" before you went out?"

I'm thinking about going out... would you like to come and say no before I go?

over a year ago

"WHEN you are considering if an outfit is appropriate for you or not. Don't think is this;

Mutton dressed as Lamb

Instead think, is this;

Fish out of Water.

Got me thinking, thanks!

All formal eveningwear had been made with me wearing a corset underneath, as it is the only way to give me a decent waist/shape!

Now where is the crying smiley when I need it?! "

I get the impression you dont need a crying smiley Pearl, from the avatars Ive seen of you, I think your looking pretty good

over a year ago

Mutton dressed as Lamb

Instead think, is this;

Fish out of Water.

Got me thinking, thanks!

Now where is the crying smiley when I need it?! "

I get the impression you dont need a crying smiley Pearl, from the avatars Ive seen of you, I think your looking pretty good

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 30/12/10 23:01:34]

over a year ago

" I definitely wouldn't want people at work thinking that my wardrobe is too young for me. How mortifying?

"

See that statement for me is just wrong, the day I have to worry about what people at work think of me and my clothes is the day I die

over a year ago

Awww, thanks!

I am good with photo editing - just cut out all the bad bits!

Hence nearly all my pics are of my boobs, as they are probably the only feature that is worth showing!

Now where is that crying smiley?!

over a year ago

a birthday suit ,suits all ages

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"Awww, thanks!

Hence nearly all my pics are of my boobs, as they are probably the only feature that is worth showing!

Now where is that crying smiley?! "

You are a sexy lady madam....xxxx

over a year ago

"

Can't see what is wrong with clothes from M&S or BHS! But I can see plenty wrong with embarrassing your kids by wearing the wrong clothes just because you want to! "

and lose my identity! I am an excellent mother, I give them everything they need and within reason everything they want. I have brought them up to know right from wrong and I am very proud of them. Because I dont look like Mrs Suburbia doesnt make me wrong!

over a year ago

"Awww, thanks!

Now where is that crying smiley?! You are a sexy lady madam....xxxx "

I guess I look half decent in very low lighting!

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"Awww, thanks!

Now where is that crying smiley?! You are a sexy lady madam....xxxx

I guess I look half decent in very low lighting! "

Oh ive seen you in daylight and your still a bit of alright!

By *irtyGirlWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

" I definitely wouldn't want people at work thinking that my wardrobe is too young for me. How mortifying?

See that statement for me is just wrong, the day I have to worry about what people at work think of me and my clothes is the day I die "

Each to their own really. I haven't lost my identity because I dress appropriately for work.

My identity isn't defined by my clothes!

over a year ago

"I guess I look half decent in very low lighting! Oh ive seen you in daylight and your still a bit of alright! "

You weren't wearing your glasses I recall!

over a year ago

"Awww, thanks!

Now where is that crying smiley?! "

Oh so the pics on your profile, rolling naked around those crisp white sheets are not sexy - oh Pearl, they ooze sexuality

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"I guess I look half decent in very low lighting! Oh ive seen you in daylight and your still a bit of alright!

You weren't wearing your glasses I recall! "

i had contacts in smart arse

By *ig badMan
over a year ago

I fail to see whats wrong with M&S or BHS. I have bought from both and i really don't see how it ages you?

By *ezebelWoman
over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

I see nothing wrong with twin sets, pearls and 60 denier american tan support tights...

Oh and Clarks flatties with velcro straps of course.

Im a woman of a certain age dontcha know

over a year ago

"Oh so the pics on your profile, rolling naked around those crisp white sheets are not sexy - oh Pearl, they ooze sexuality "

That's my impression of a beached whale!

And thanks for the kind words!

over a year ago

"I guess I look half decent in very low lighting! Oh ive seen you in daylight and your still a bit of alright!

You weren't wearing your glasses I recall! i had contacts in smart arse "

PMSL!!!

over a year ago

It's a misconception that age should govern how you dress.

To our minds its how you look, many older women who've looked after themselves look better than girls half their age in similar style clothes.

Many young women -late teens,early twenties- look terrible in the clothes they wear, justbecause their friends can get away with it.

How many mothers do you know who look better than their daughters? We know quite a few.

Surely the maxim should be...wear what we look good in and can get away with, not what age and society dictate.

However, in doing so, we must always be honest with ourselves.

XXXX

over a year ago

"Though my swinging attire is lingerie and obviously short, I wouldnt go out wearing low jeans with a thong showing above them, but neither would I wear pleated skirts and cardigans.

I have always loved gothic / punk style clothing, but my big love is 50s glamour and certainly burlesque. I love elaborate make up too, and I will go out wearing Indian bridal make up etc and have jewels stuck on my face. I love it, and Im not really gonna change anytime soon, but certainly some people, colleagues etc, do turn their noses up at the way I dress because Im not wearing black skirt, white blouse and kitten heels "

It's only cos they don't have the gumption or maybe even the style to do it themselves. I bet there are some who enjoy it too.

over a year ago

Though I could go to work everyday in jeans and t shirt I like to ring the changes and always add a bit of glamour and some days, if I feel like it, I go all out. Cripes we work so much we gotta enjoy it.

over a year ago

I nearly cried when I heard I had to wear a uniform of navy Polo shirt!

Good job navy suits me!

My colourful jackets and shirts come out from time to time, like visiting clients etc...

And the Hawaiian shirts come out occassionaly on Fridays in the summer!

over a year ago

EACH to there own ,I personally like a woman to dress sexily ,and like a little glimpse ,but not too much ,guess i like sexily dressed ! but not tacky , FRANKIE XX

over a year ago

I worked in an internet based office once and the boss said I would have to wear a black skirt/trousers and white blouse. Told him I would leave. Didn't happen.

His friend later told me that he though my dress code was "off the wall". Bldy cheek - it's off me bedroom floor!

over a year ago

You can't polish a turd!!! but you can roll it in glitter

over a year ago

"You can't polish a turd!!! but you can roll it in glitter "

very profound, you been contemplating yer naval too much

By *ig badMan
over a year ago

"Though my swinging attire is lingerie and obviously short, I wouldnt go out wearing low jeans with a thong showing above them, but neither would I wear pleated skirts and cardigans.

I have always loved gothic / punk style clothing, but my big love is 50s glamour and certainly burlesque. I love elaborate make up too, and I will go out wearing Indian bridal make up etc and have jewels stuck on my face. I love it, and Im not really gonna change anytime soon, but certainly some people, colleagues etc, do turn their noses up at the way I dress because Im not wearing black skirt, white blouse and kitten heels

It's only cos they don't have the gumption or maybe even the style to do it themselves. I bet there are some who enjoy it too."

Don't you think that is a little condescending to people who have to dress in a certain way for work? If any of my lot turned up dressed in an inappropriate way i would have no compulsion in sending them home to change. After all the work place is precisely that not a fashion show.

over a year ago

Why do I keep getting flashes of Paris Hilton and her BFF's .?

Whole thread reads like a closer interview.

Where what the f*** you like.

over a year ago

It's only cos they don't have the gumption or maybe even the style to do it themselves. I bet there are some who enjoy it too.

Don't you think that is a little condescending to people who have to dress in a certain way for work? If any of my lot turned up dressed in an inappropriate way i would have no compulsion in sending them home to change. After all the work place is precisely that not a fashion show. "

I don't see why following, or not following a certain way to dress or having lots or no fashion sense makes you condescending. Its not about saying I think im better than you, unless of course your posh spice lol - surely its about showing your true personality?

Obviously turning up dressed as a clown, unless you work for the circus, would be a tad inappropriate! but expressing yourself in your clothes is one of the FREE things we are still allowed to do (for now!)

As for the OP - im sure your son would comment on your dress, no matter what it was, so I really wouldn't worry

over a year ago

"Where what the f*** you like. "

Thats what I meant lol

over a year ago

"

I don't see why following, or not following a certain way to dress or having lots or no fashion sense makes you condescending. Its not about saying I think im better than you, unless of course your posh spice lol - surely its about showing your true personality?

Obviously turning up dressed as a clown, unless you work for the circus, would be a tad inappropriate! but expressing yourself in your clothes is one of the FREE things we are still allowed to do (for now!)

As for the OP - im sure your son would comment on your dress, no matter what it was, so I really wouldn't worry "

we have a dress code, not a uniform, but we are expected to dress appropriately for our business. there have been girls sent home as they have worn low cut tops or too short skirts.

it is, as bb said, a work place and if you are in a business that wants to project a certain image, you have to respect that

By *ig badMan
over a year ago

"

I don't see why following, or not following a certain way to dress or having lots or no fashion sense makes you condescending. "

Well its an issue that has got heated at work because people have different views. We have to go into court to get injunctions or send people as well as having blue chip clients in and so we demand a certain dress etiquette. To say someone hasn't the gumption to be ab individual personally i feel is condescending but that is my view point.

over a year ago

Don't you think that is a little condescending to people who have to dress in a certain way for work? If any of my lot turned up dressed in an inappropriate way i would have no compulsion in sending them home to change. After all the work place is precisely that not a fashion show. "

oh certainly Sir, yes Sir, of course Sir. Gissa job.

By *ig badMan
over a year ago

Don't you think that is a little condescending to people who have to dress in a certain way for work? If any of my lot turned up dressed in an inappropriate way i would have no compulsion in sending them home to change. After all the work place is precisely that not a fashion show.

oh certainly Sir, yes Sir, of course Sir. Gissa job. "

Ok if we are going to be churlish then there is little point. Maybe i should have said something like " i guess you can wear what you like in the chipshop"

over a year ago

course u can as long as u wear the hair net!

Churlish indeed. I will have you know that I have also pulled up my own staff for "inappropriate" dress. You are assuming that dressing in a different style is "inappropriate" that is also condescending. Sir.

My own style is born of my first career as a designer. Networking required dressing with a little "off the wall" flair in order to interest people and provoke conversation.

I think there are too many people willing to "conform" these days, prefer those with a little individuality.

over a year ago

Naked Fish Frying ........ oooooooo

over a year ago

"Naked Fish Frying ........ oooooooo "

over a year ago

Whatever you feel comfortable in!

over a year ago

I was always the teenager who bucked the trend and dressed in my own way.

I still do that to a certain extent but I believe you define the clothing not the other way round.

I wear some things that raises my daughters eyebrows but still carry on wearing them anyway, if I'm comfortable and happy that the clothing is appropriate for the occasion then I'll keep doing what I do.

If she had her way I'd be dressed in granny mauve and flat shoes all the time!

By *ig badMan
over a year ago

"course u can as long as u wear the hair net!

Churlish indeed. I will have you know that I have also pulled up my own staff for "inappropriate" dress. You are assuming that dressing in a different style is "inappropriate" that is also condescending. Sir.

My own style is born of my first career as a designer. Networking required dressing with a little "off the wall" flair in order to interest people and provoke conversation.

I think there are too many people willing to "conform" these days, prefer those with a little individuality."

I will stick with the condescending remark as i still see it appropriate for your comment as you seem to be aware may firms have a dress code.

As for being a designer prey tell as i have a little knowledge in that area. Which Uni did you attend and what did you study?

over a year ago

"Half my wardrobe comes from Per Una in Marks and Spencers....

Sorry ladies it wasnt a slur on M&S entirely, Per Una does have some nice items, and underwear from M&S is lovely, its the country style lady at leisure stuff I cant stand, cord skirts, anoraks, pretty scarves to brighten up a white blouse, that kind of thing "

I can't stand the stuff you wear. Give me my waxed greens and wellies any day. I couldn't ever go and see to the ponies in anything less than M and S Cords teamed with a pretty Laura Ashley blousoon. After the lovely gift of twin pearls for Christmas I shall feel turned out to kill at the next meet. As everyone on this forum says. Each to their own. In my opinion. It's up to you. I'm just saying. NO offence. etc etc

over a year ago

I think there are too many people willing to "conform" these days, prefer those with a little individuality.

I will stick with the condescending remark as i still see it appropriate for your comment as you seem to be aware may firms have a dress code.

As for being a designer prey tell as i have a little knowledge in that area. Which Uni did you attend and what did you study? "

Bldy nosey parker! Do you doubt that I am certified sir?

By *irtyGirlWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

I have a brilliant clowns outfit... slightly worrying that I did manage to get most of it out of my own wardrobe but I work part-time for an events company and that was the dress code so that's what I wore.

I even have shoes in my collection that could pass off as clown shoes. It's a good thing I never throw anything out really.

Sometimes there is no choice. I went all out and bought a bubble gun too... it was the best part!!

I'm available for parties if anyone finds a need for a clown... face painting, the works!

over a year ago

"I was always the teenager who bucked the trend and dressed in my own way.

I still do that to a certain extent but I believe you define the clothing not the other way round.

I wear some things that raises my daughters eyebrows but still carry on wearing them anyway, if I'm comfortable and happy that the clothing is appropriate for the occasion then I'll keep doing what I do.

If she had her way I'd be dressed in granny mauve and flat shoes all the time! "

Careful Laine........ don't mess with the Mauve !

By *aucy3Couple
over a year ago

glasgow

If she had her way I'd be dressed in granny mauve and flat shoes all the time! "

clap,clap,clap.

stop talking sense,or get of the forums.

over a year ago

clap,clap,clap.

stop talking sense,or get of the forums. "

Sorry, still got my sensible babysitting head on.

By *ig badMan
over a year ago

As for being a designer prey tell as i have a little knowledge in that area. Which Uni did you attend and what did you study?

Bldy nosey parker! Do you doubt that I am certified sir?"

Well gift us lesser mortals with some miraculous knowledge then. You might want to tell me what a piece glass is for to start with and what a cord thread and how and why it is used in fabric construction.

over a year ago

Careful Laine........ don't mess with the Mauve !"

Mauve contrasts quite well with my dyed red hair and green hunter wellies actually!

over a year ago

Three rules of elegance and dress by Ms Coco Chanel

A woman is closest to being naked when she is well dressed.

A girl should be two things: who and what she wants.

...and my personal favourite...

Dress sharply and they`ll remember the outfit; dress impeccably and they`ll remember the woman.

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"Three rules of elegance and dress by Ms Coco Chanel

Dress sharply and they`ll remember the outfit; dress impeccably and they`ll remember the woman."

that rules out my daisy duke shorts n tight tee shirts then

By *irtyGirlWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

Dress sharply and they`ll remember the outfit; dress impeccably and they`ll remember the woman.that rules out my daisy duke shorts n tight tee shirts then "

And my clown outfit... femme you'd so love the shoes... even better than flip flops!

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

Dress sharply and they`ll remember the outfit; dress impeccably and they`ll remember the woman.that rules out my daisy duke shorts n tight tee shirts then

And my clown outfit... femme you'd so love the shoes... even better than flip flops! "

i feel faint

By *irtyGirlWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

Dress sharply and they`ll remember the outfit; dress impeccably and they`ll remember the woman.that rules out my daisy duke shorts n tight tee shirts then

And my clown outfit... femme you'd so love the shoes... even better than flip flops! i feel faint "

I might upload the pic just for you!

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

And my clown outfit... femme you'd so love the shoes... even better than flip flops! i feel faint

I might upload the pic just for you! "

doesnt mean i have to look, im closing my eyes as i type btw

over a year ago

Well gift us lesser mortals with some miraculous knowledge then. You might want to tell me what a piece glass is for to start with and what a cord thread and how and why it is used in fabric construction. "

You might want to consider other design jobs apart from the rag trade.

over a year ago

Ok if we are going to be churlish then there is little point. Maybe i should have said something like " i guess you can wear what you like in the chipshop" "

The original post wasn't about how to dress in the workplace, surely during the interview process you would gauge how a person dresses and therefore not employ them.

It always amazes me how the threads always go off track!!

Going to sit back in the corner, before I start to say things i shouldn't

By *ig badMan
over a year ago

Well gift us lesser mortals with some miraculous knowledge then. You might want to tell me what a piece glass is for to start with and what a cord thread and how and why it is used in fabric construction.

You might want to consider other design jobs apart from the rag trade."

Not very googleable are they but as its a thread about how people dress i fail to see why you needed to interject anything to do with any other design element than clothing. Maybe car window design is relevant lol. Sorry but if your going to skill set drop be able to back it up a little, mind it has made me giggle.

over a year ago

You might want to consider other design jobs apart from the rag trade.

Not very googleable are they but as its a thread about how people dress i fail to see why you needed to interject anything to do with any other design element than clothing. Maybe car window design is relevant lol. Sorry but if your going to skill set drop be able to back it up a little, mind it has made me giggle."

I'm happy then

over a year ago

Ok if we are going to be churlish then there is little point. Maybe i should have said something like " i guess you can wear what you like in the chipshop"

The original post wasn't about how to dress in the workplace, surely during the interview process you would gauge how a person dresses and therefore not employ them.

Going to sit back in the corner, before I start to say things i shouldn't "

Most threads evolve or they go stale. Interview wise everyone dresses up dont you think? I had a man come dressed in a suit for a industrial cleaners job. I don't think he would wear that to do the job though.

By *ig badMan
over a year ago

Most threads evolve or they go stale. Interview wise everyone dresses up dont you think? I had a man come dressed in a suit for a industrial cleaners job. I don't think he would wear that to do the job though."

They don't always go off thread it depends on the subject ad peoples reaction to things posted.

Interview wise they don't all come dressed up smartly

over a year ago

Most threads evolve or they go stale. Interview wise everyone dresses up dont you think? I had a man come dressed in a suit for a industrial cleaners job. I don't think he would wear that to do the job though.

They don't always go off thread it depends on the subject ad peoples reaction to things posted.

Interview wise they don't all come dressed up smartly "

With what we pay here for the night shift they need to make every effort if they want the job.

over a year ago

I like biscuits

over a year ago

"I like biscuits "

Plain or chocolate?

By *ig badMan
over a year ago

"I like biscuits

Plain or chocolate?"

Don't feed her sweet stuff after midnight!

over a year ago

"I like biscuits

Plain or chocolate?

Don't feed her sweet stuff after midnight! "

Shut it you..I missed this thread trying to have an early night...so thought I would take it totally off track lol....both chocolate and plain by the way.

By *ig badMan
over a year ago

"I like biscuits

Plain or chocolate?

Shut it you..I missed this thread trying to have an early night...so thought I would take it totally off track lol....both chocolate and plain by the way."

So your not gonna let me dip mi chocolate covered hobnob then!

over a year ago

"I like biscuits

Plain or chocolate?

Shut it you..I missed this thread trying to have an early night...so thought I would take it totally off track lol....both chocolate and plain by the way.

So your not gonna let me dip mi chocolate covered hobnob then! "

Now you know the rules, if anyone is doing the dipping it is me.

Oh and so as not to upset and hijack the thread with my ramblings. I wear what I please and what pleases me. If others like it, then it is a bonus, if they don't it is thier problem and not mine.

By *ig badMan
over a year ago

"I like biscuits

Plain or chocolate?

Oh and so as not to upset and hijack the thread with my ramblings. I wear what I please and what pleases me. If others like it, then it is a bonus, if they don't it is thier problem and not mine. "

You have it all wrong! PVC should only be used for wrapping biscuits

Ohhh i have no dipping receptacle unlike you

By *ig badMan
over a year ago

"I like biscuits

Plain or chocolate?

Oh and so as not to upset and hijack the thread with my ramblings. I wear what I please and what pleases me. If others like it, then it is a bonus, if they don't it is thier problem and not mine. "

You have it all wrong! PVC should only be used for wrapping biscuits

Ohhh i have no dipping receptacle unlike you

over a year ago

Oh you do have a dipping receptacle....grins

By *ig badMan
over a year ago

"Oh you do have a dipping receptacle....grins "

Ohhh no i don't! That thing is out only and is tighter than a Scottish submariners escape hatch!

over a year ago

"Oh you do have a dipping receptacle....grins

Ohhh no i don't! That thing is out only and is tighter than a Scottish submariners escape hatch! "

Oh I like them tight

By *ig badMan
over a year ago

Ohhh no i don't! That thing is out only and is tighter than a Scottish submariners escape hatch!

Oh I like them tight "

Im a Yorkshireman we are well tight

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

Oh I like them tight

Im a Yorkshireman we are well tight "

Il vouch for that!!!

over a year ago

Oh I like them tight

Im a Yorkshireman we are well tight Il vouch for that!!!"

Woooaahhh, too much information lol

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

Oh I like them tight

Im a Yorkshireman we are well tight Il vouch for that!!!

Woooaahhh, too much information lol"

we are talking about coin here?

Post new Message to Thread