Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Bidding on hotel rooms on EBay.

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

There's hotel booking on EBay for a weekend in London close to Christmas, the people auctioning the room booked it but now can't attend hence the auction. Just wanted to know if anyone could use the room? As I'm interested in bidding! But don't want any issues on Arrival of having to pay twice... If I was to bid on it.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

I think Holiday Pirate are selling that room too, so may be worth going through them for the added protection.

over a year ago

The seller said I could use there details but being Asian I don't think we could get away with being mr&mrs smith and don't want it looking as though we are doing something illegal and causing ourselves embarrasment, but there is lots of hotel room booking on eBay.

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan
over a year ago

here

Sounds like a recipe for disaster

over a year ago

So it's basically fraud? Wouldn't have thought it would be allowed in eBay.

By *atureandhornyCouple
over a year ago

Liverpool

Love the profile Betgreenzero

over a year ago

"Love the profile Betgreenzero"

Cheers

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

I've not seen such bids but the terms and conditions of the hotel, as well as the place that the original purchased from would prevail.

Many hotels state that reservations are non-transferable and, as that's the place that you'd be welcomed or given hassle at, that's the place that I'd be checking.

Otherwise, the room may not actually get paid for by the person who's stating that they have a room to sell. What happens if their credit card payment is declined somehow later on, or the buyer disputes payment etc?

By *at69driveMan
over a year ago

Hertford

"There's hotel booking on EBay for a weekend in London close to Christmas, the people auctioning the room booked it but now can't attend hence the auction. Just wanted to know if anyone could use the room? As I'm interested in bidding! But don't want any issues on Arrival of having to pay twice... If I was to bid on it. "
. The booking must be non refundable and probably non transferable if they are selling it . Too big a risk to bid on that .

over a year ago

Thanks for advice all x Yep to big a risk to take, I'd rather pay the full asking price then to go through all the hassle

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Out of interest, I just had a look on the T****lodge website, in their FAQs in the help section.

In response to asking if a name can be changed on a booking, they say that they can't change the name because their VAT receipt has already been processed in the original name.

But so long as you have the correct original name and the Confirmation Number when arriving, then there should be no issues with checking in. They also advise that you should have the original address as well, in case they need to do an extra check, but that is all...

So it looks as if they're quite happy to accept you if you've got somebody else's booking!

Doesn't say how you can check if it's been cancelled, or not paid or anything though...

Post new Message to Thread