Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

kfc

Jump to newest

By *reelove1969 OP   Couple
over a year ago

bristol

went into kfc to get a boss box that is the current advert ....after queing for 10 minutes and placing my order i was informed that they are not allowed to sell bacon !

the store is halal ...should they not display a warning of this somewhere so we dont waste our time ?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

All KFC outlets are halal and should display a sign saying so. This doesn't mean that all KFC outlets do not serve bacon.

Surely this should be raised with KFC themselves to get the facts rather than on here to get random people's opinions on an incident that didn't happen to them?

By *reelove1969 OP   Couple
over a year ago

bristol

didnt know they were all halal ...just saw an advert for a boss box and fancied one and was surprised to be informed that they were not allowed to sell bacon when it is their current advertising campaign

over a year ago

evesham

See I'm proving ky point job lol not all of them are, they are trialling some stores where there has been demand for it. Bristol union Street being one of them which I assume was the one you went to? However I'm sure that's not the only one in Bristol so you have a choice.

All their halal meat is stunned before slaughter.

over a year ago

evesham

On their website it states that the bog daddy is the only meal affected but I guess that was written before this box thing came out.

It should be made clearer if there was no sign that the restaurant was halal though, I agree with that.

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

Never been to a KFC outlet in ma life, but it does seem a little bizarre to me

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I had same problem at our kfc why advertise it if you cant get it i was not most pleased

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

Have a look at Rhod Gilbert's rant about the “travelling chef” in a train's buffet car about an egg and cress sandwich

www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6afnyV8bf8

By *ikeC81Man
over a year ago

harrow

Well don't get me start about this -if they don't like to serve it don't fooking work there

I had a massiv argument in macdonalds last night because orde_ed chicken deli and Sprite , paid for it and got it it was a chicken wrap and a spirite 0

Apparently they changed the menu and don't sell and I as a customer should look at the menu and order from it - I said well your staff took my money on false pretences and I want my money back as Sprite 0 is not Sprite, and a chicken deli sandwich is not a wrap

So was not happy luckily the sever made a chicken special for me but the rude ignorant waitress was a joke

By *obyn GravesTV/TS
over a year ago

1127 walnut avenue

you should have gone to HFC (Hitler fried chicken)

they would have been happy to serve you bacon I'm sure,

I can't post the link but check it out on YouTube

over a year ago

evesham

"Well don't get me start about this -if they don't like to serve it don't fooking work there

I had a massiv argument in macdonalds last night because orde_ed chicken deli and Sprite , paid for it and got it it was a chicken wrap and a spirite 0

Apparently they changed the menu and don't sell and I as a customer should look at the menu and order from it - I said well your staff took my money on false pretences and I want my money back as Sprite 0 is not Sprite, and a chicken deli sandwich is not a wrap

So was not happy luckily the sever made a chicken special for me but the rude ignorant waitress was a joke "

It's not that the employees don't want to sell non halal food, it's a reaction to requests from specific communities made by the company's head office and is only in 87 outlets.

By *aneandpaulCouple
over a year ago

cleveleys

[Removed by poster at 30/10/15 07:43:08]

over a year ago

"All KFC outlets are halal and should display a sign saying so. This doesn't mean that all KFC outlets do not serve bacon.

Surely this should be raised with KFC themselves to get the facts rather than on here to get random people's opinions on an incident that didn't happen to them? "

I didn't realise all KFC's are Halal, my local 'restaurant' certainly doesn't advertise the fact.

Good to know though as I can now avoid the place.

over a year ago

evesham

"All KFC outlets are halal and should display a sign saying so. This doesn't mean that all KFC outlets do not serve bacon.

Surely this should be raised with KFC themselves to get the facts rather than on here to get random people's opinions on an incident that didn't happen to them?

I didn't realise all KFC's are Halal, my local 'restaurant' certainly doesn't advertise the fact.

Good to know though as I can now avoid the place."

They're not. I clarified my misunderstanding in my second post after I researched their website. 87 of their outlets are halal and they should have the halal food council sign on their door to show it.

over a year ago

evesham

There is also a list of outlets on their website.

over a year ago

They're not. I clarified my misunderstanding in my second post after I researched their website. 87 of their outlets are halal and they should have the halal food council sign on their door to show it. "

I'll still avoid them.

Crap food with a pandering attitude.

over a year ago

evesham

They're not. I clarified my misunderstanding in my second post after I researched their website. 87 of their outlets are halal and they should have the halal food council sign on their door to show it.

I'll still avoid them.

Crap food with a pandering attitude."

Lol ok

over a year ago

"went into kfc to get a boss box that is the current advert ....after queing for 10 minutes and placing my order i was informed that they are not allowed to sell bacon !

the store is halal ...should they not display a warning of this somewhere so we dont waste our time ?"

Whether it is halal or not, it should still serve bacon.

By *aneandpaulCouple
over a year ago

cleveleys

The old saying when in Rome

By *edMan
over a year ago

cambridgeshire

I'll still avoid them.

Crap food with a pandering attitude.

Lol ok"

Amazing! They wont serve bacon, but poor old pandas are fair game?

over a year ago

evesham

"The old saying when in Rome"

Take it you only eat local food when you go abroad then? No chips or burgers?

over a year ago

Hahaha King fucking cock

Had to make it dirty

over a year ago

evesham

"went into kfc to get a boss box that is the current advert ....after queing for 10 minutes and placing my order i was informed that they are not allowed to sell bacon !

the store is halal ...should they not display a warning of this somewhere so we dont waste our time ?

Whether it is halal or not, it should still serve bacon."

Why though of there is a demand for it in a local community? It's just one outlet in a city, there will be other KFC's that cater for now halal eaters close by....thays what it says on their website.

over a year ago

"Have a look at Rhod Gilbert's rant about the “travelling chef” in a train's buffet car about an egg and cress sandwich

www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6afnyV8bf8"

haha, one of my favourite rants of his

over a year ago

Whether it is halal or not, it should still serve bacon.

Why though of there is a demand for it in a local community? It's just one outlet in a city, there will be other KFC's that cater for now halal eaters close by....thays what it says on their website. "

Within a 7 mile radius as stated on their website, is not nearby, especially if the halal one is the one in the town centre which is easiest to get to.

I have no problem with them serving halal meat but I do think it's wrong to stop serving bacon or pork products.

over a year ago

the store is halal ...should they not display a warning of this somewhere so we dont waste our time ?"

There's the big halal sticker on the window

By *hekaiserMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

Surely this should be raised with KFC themselves to get the facts rather than on here to get random people's opinions on an incident that didn't happen to them? "

over a year ago

"See I'm proving ky point job lol not all of them are, they are trialling some stores where there has been demand for it. Bristol union Street being one of them which I assume was the one you went to? However I'm sure that's not the only one in Bristol so you have a choice.

All their halal meat is stunned before slaughter. "

All chicken, halal or not , is stunned before slaughter.

over a year ago

"The old saying when in Rome

Take it you only eat local food when you go abroad then? No chips or burgers? "

I'll leave you to ponder the curious fact that your example of a British food is a non native plant.

over a year ago

"See I'm proving ky point job lol not all of them are, they are trialling some stores where there has been demand for it. Bristol union Street being one of them which I assume was the one you went to? However I'm sure that's not the only one in Bristol so you have a choice.

All chicken, halal or not , is stunned before slaughter."

Apprently not true

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/increase-in-animals-not-being-stunned-before-they-are-halal-slaughte_ed-10012559.html

1 in 30 for chickens after the FSA inspected over 200 slaughter houses

1 in 30 doesn't sound that much till you remember we slaughter about 1 billion chickens a year in the uk

By *aneandpaulCouple
over a year ago

cleveleys

We don,t eat burgers here or go to KFC or Macdonalds

over a year ago

"We don,t eat burgers here or go to KFC or Macdonalds"

...OK. ...

over a year ago

Apprently not true

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/increase-in-animals-not-being-stunned-before-they-are-halal-slaughte_ed-10012559.html

1 in 30 doesn't sound that much till you remember we slaughter about 1 billion chickens a year in the uk"

I think the poster was referring to the fact that all KFC chicken uses a 'stun to stun' method prior to slaughter...whether it's halal or not.

over a year ago

Apprently not true

1 in 30 doesn't sound that much till you remember we slaughter about 1 billion chickens a year in the uk

I think the poster was referring to the fact that all KFC chicken uses a 'stun to stun' method prior to slaughter...whether it's halal or not."

Ah from where he said all chicken I assumed he meant all chicken not just KFC chicken (as I think they use halal for all their chicken)

Most non halal places stun and kill chicken with current iirc

over a year ago

Apprently not true

I think the poster was referring to the fact that all KFC chicken uses a 'stun to stun' method prior to slaughter...whether it's halal or not.

Ah from where he said all chicken I assumed he meant all chicken not just KFC chicken (as I think they use halal for all their chicken)

Most non halal places stun and kill chicken with current iirc"

According to the KFC website - all their chickens are stunned - and 92 stores/franchises in the UK and Ireland currently serve halal (also stunned) chicken.

over a year ago

If they're advertising a bacon based product and then not selling it in the store then they should be displaying the appropriate signs.

Poor customer service imo

over a year ago

Chickens are hung upside down, the conveyor then dips them into the electrified water tank to be stunned, then onto to the rotating knife throat cutter before dipping into boiling water, before the plucker. I wonder where abouts the guy has to sit and mumble his blessing. Imagine that as a job! Poor guy!

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

"Chickens are hung upside down, the conveyor then dips them into the electrified water tank to be stunned, then onto to the rotating knife throat cutter before dipping into boiling water, before the plucker. I wonder where abouts the guy has to sit and mumble his blessing. Imagine that as a job! Poor guy! "

You have put me off eating meat for life

over a year ago

"Chickens are hung upside down, the conveyor then dips them into the electrified water tank to be stunned, then onto to the rotating knife throat cutter before dipping into boiling water, before the plucker. I wonder where abouts the guy has to sit and mumble his blessing. Imagine that as a job! Poor guy! "

I think I'm want my next chicken to be quorn based now!

over a year ago

"Chickens are hung upside down, the conveyor then dips them into the electrified water tank to be stunned, then onto to the rotating knife throat cutter before dipping into boiling water, before the plucker. I wonder where abouts the guy has to sit and mumble his blessing. Imagine that as a job! Poor guy!

I think I'm want my next chicken to be quorn based now! "

I trued that, but it tastes horrid.

over a year ago

Tried.

over a year ago

"Chickens are hung upside down, the conveyor then dips them into the electrified water tank to be stunned, then onto to the rotating knife throat cutter before dipping into boiling water, before the plucker. I wonder where abouts the guy has to sit and mumble his blessing. Imagine that as a job! Poor guy!

You have put me off eating meat for life "

Ah come on, how did you think it was done? That's all commercially slaughte_ed chicken. From 4 quid a bird to 40!

over a year ago

Ah come on, how did you think it was done? That's all commercially slaughte_ed chicken. From 4 quid a bird to 40!"

Some of us prefer the cosy shelter of a little ignorance....so nerrrr

By *eanut Butter CupWoman
over a year ago

B & M Bargains

"The old saying when in Rome"

Exactly.. So when in a p_edominantly Muslim area, expect for a lot of places to be halal. Not difficult to understand

By *edMan
over a year ago

cambridgeshire

Ah come on, how did you think it was done? That's all commercially slaughte_ed chicken. From 4 quid a bird to 40!"

Of course, most meat in supermarkets are breed and live their lives in plastic wrapping with a polystyrene base...

By *edMan
over a year ago

cambridgeshire

Ah come on, how did you think it was done? That's all commercially slaughte_ed chicken. From 4 quid a bird to 40!

Of course, most meat in supermarkets are breed and live their lives in plastic wrapping with a polystyrene base...

"

B_ed

over a year ago

Some of us prefer the cosy shelter of a little ignorance....so nerrrr"

If you're gonna eat meat, and you haven't killed it yourself. You should at least pay the animal the respect of knowing how it died for you. IMO of course. At least chickens are quiet upside down. You should hear the pigs....

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

I don't know guess I was ignorant to the whole slaughter process

over a year ago

I don't know guess I was ignorant to the whole slaughter process "

I used to kill my own. Horrible. But tasty .

over a year ago

If you're gonna eat meat, and you haven't killed it yourself. You should at least pay the animal the respect of knowing how it died for you. IMO of course. At least chickens are quiet upside down. You should hear the pigs....

"

You're very right... Similarly, I watch boxing and ufc, even though sometimes the brutality makes my stomach churn..

I'm all messed up

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

I prefer to make my own, I know what's in them then. Have been using the same butcher for well over 20 yrs

Sad to see that ma fishmonger has reti_ed though

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

I used to kill my own. Horrible. But tasty ."

At least you did it humanly (I hope)

over a year ago

You're very right... Similarly, I watch boxing and ufc, even though sometimes the brutality makes my stomach churn..

I'm all messed up "

Roy Nelson MMA

over a year ago

I used to kill my own. Horrible. But tasty .

At least you did it humanly (I hope) "

I had a few different methods. Each used to turn my stomach. When i killed my turkeys for xmas i used to shoot them. It was the best method. And Believe me MUCH nicer than how turkey is slaughte_ed in industry.

By *aneandpaulCouple
over a year ago

cleveleys

We were in the pub trade many years if you saw the shit that came out of burgers you would never eat one again. Thats why we only eat our own made or get ones from a good local butcher

over a year ago

I know the thing used to be it was just played on a tape in a pot of places

over a year ago

"We were in the pub trade many years if you saw the shit that came out of burgers you would never eat one again. Thats why we only eat our own made or get ones from a good local butcher "

You mean melted fat and water?

over a year ago

"

Seen a video of them killing pigs holy crap does blood come out fast when they cut the jugular/cartroid.

Looked more like a bucket being emptied.

Gives you an apreciation for just how much blood even a pigs brain needs to be supplied with to futon.

By *i1971Man
over a year ago

Cornwall

Excellently put

over a year ago

Excellently put "

You're very welcome!

over a year ago

Probably just a recording. And then some people will refuse to eat it just because a prayer has been said !!!

By *educedWoman
over a year ago

Birmingham

This makes me giggle. Ooh halal chicken! "You know the chickens are alive when they kill them."

The horror of it all!

All animals are alive before they are killed regardless of the method. There is nothing humane about the slaughtering process be it halal or otherwise.

Racist claptrap. No one complains about Kosha.

over a year ago

"This makes me giggle. Ooh halal chicken! "You know the chickens are alive when they kill them."

The horror of it all!

All animals are alive before they are killed regardless of the method. There is nothing humane about the slaughtering process be it halal or otherwise.

Racist claptrap. No one complains about Kosha. "

As an aside, your boobage picture is tremendously hot

By *educedWoman
over a year ago

Birmingham

"This makes me giggle. Ooh halal chicken! "You know the chickens are alive when they kill them."

The horror of it all!

As an aside, your boobage picture is tremendously hot "

Why thank you.

over a year ago

The horror of it all!

Why thank you. "

A tasty bit of breast !

By *educedWoman
over a year ago

Birmingham

The horror of it all!

Why thank you.

A tasty bit of breast ! "

But I made a serious point and now you're distracting people with my bookies. Lol

By *educedWoman
over a year ago

Birmingham

The horror of it all!

Why thank you.

A tasty bit of breast !

But I made a serious point and now you're distracting people with my bookies. Lol "

*boobies

By *ikeC81Man
over a year ago

harrow

I have a pref not ti eat halal food, I appreciate it is not possible as esp in my area (Asian area) but I would be pissed of if I went to get a bacon on a chicken burger to be told sorry we don't sell it as its not halal esp at maccys or bk or kfc

over a year ago

The horror of it all!

Why thank you.

A tasty bit of breast ! "

Yup, I'd love to see them on a menu

over a year ago

Halal or not I love my KFC and will carry on eating it, not much for McDonald's though.

By *educedWoman
over a year ago

Birmingham

The horror of it all!

Why thank you.

A tasty bit of breast !

Yup, I'd love to see them on a menu "

You ain't coating them with a secret blend of herbs and spices and that's final

over a year ago

There's the big halal sticker on the window"

I can't read Arabic.

over a year ago

The horror of it all!

Why thank you.

A tasty bit of breast !

Yup, I'd love to see them on a menu

You ain't coating them with a secret blend of herbs and spices and that's final "

The tastiest rejection message I've ever received... I'm not sure whether to be disappointed or get myself some chicken and chips..?!

over a year ago

evesham

I'll leave you to ponder the curious fact that your example of a British food is a non native plant."

And whilst I'm pondering perhaps you can point out where I said it was an example of a British food?

The point of my post is you cannot demand that people eat how we eat here when you dont eat how they eat there. But I suspect you knew that really but relish being a pedant

over a year ago

evesham

That wasn't the question though.

When you go abroad do you eat the local dishes or 'as in rome' as you say? Or do you find the local ye olde Red lion pub and have your full English breakfast and roast dinners on a Sunday?

over a year ago

I think the issue that everyone appears to be missing is not what it is or isn't (halal)

But the fact of false advertising.

If you have a fucking big picture of a chicken and bacon burger on the wall for £X then don't expect people to be all fluffy when you tell them they can't have the bacon part because of an areas p_edominant population.

Either serve it or take it off the fucking menu.

Simplez

over a year ago

"I think the issue that everyone appears to be missing is not what it is or isn't (halal)

If you have a fucking big picture of a chicken and bacon burger on the wall for £X then don't expect people to be all fluffy when you tell them they can't have the bacon part because of an areas p_edominant population.

Simplez"

Exactly!!

over a year ago

"I think the issue that everyone appears to be missing is not what it is or isn't (halal)

Simplez

Exactly!! "

Agreed... It's a bit ridiculous if the store was advertising products that they don't serve.

By *aneandpaulCouple
over a year ago

cleveleys

So what is the alternative if you don,t want to eat Halal meat if it offends you

over a year ago

I'll leave you to ponder the curious fact that your example of a British food is a non native plant.

And whilst I'm pondering perhaps you can point out where I said it was an example of a British food?

The point of my post is you cannot demand that people eat how we eat here when you dont eat how they eat there. But I suspect you knew that really but relish being a pedant

"

Where you used it as a non local food when abroad when it could be a perfectly local food?

It's in the UK it's not a local food,but we eat it here which kinda fucks your whole point doesn't it.

over a year ago

evesham

[Removed by poster at 31/10/15 07:52:00]

over a year ago

"[Removed by poster at 31/10/15 07:52:00]"

Yes really.

over a year ago

evesham

Where you used it as a non local food when abroad when it could be a perfectly local food?

It's in the UK it's not a local food,but we eat it here which kinda fucks your whole point doesn't it."

Not really. I'm sure the point I was trying to make is quite clear but you can continue to flog your dead horse if you like.

over a year ago

Simplez"

I think the adverts are national (TV bus stops etc)but menus are local so you won't find an advert for it in a branch that doesn't serve it

But it is a franchise chain

over a year ago

evesham

"So what is the alternative if you don,t want to eat Halal meat if it offends you"

Go to another branch of KFC which is not halal and will be within a 7 mile radius of the one that is. Or choose another of the thousands of eateries that aren't halal

By *aneandpaulCouple
over a year ago

cleveleys

The x 118 man what is your problem see you in every thread forum just disagreeing with every one think you want to go out more

over a year ago

It's in the UK it's not a local food,but we eat it here which kinda fucks your whole point doesn't it.

Not really. I'm sure the point I was trying to make is quite clear but you can continue to flog your dead horse if you like. "

Go for it what was your point?

Given this thread is about the UK so the whole "when in rome" comment should be applying to the people who want halal a non UK custom not the people in the UK wanting a UK custom followed.

But please enlighten me to how your random comment about other countries applies to the UK. When you're in the UK.

over a year ago

I mean sure you'd have a point if they were comparing that the KFC in mecca wasn't serving bacon but this KFC is in bristol?

over a year ago

evesham

[Removed by poster at 31/10/15 07:58:53]

over a year ago

evesham

"I mean sure you'd have a point if they were comparing that the KFC in mecca wasn't serving bacon but this KFC is in bristol? "

For one last time and only for you!

Someone made the comment 'when in rome' implying that those who want to eat in this country should eat meat slaughte_ed our way and not meat slaughte_ed as per their religious beliefs, in this case halal.

I simply asked if when they went abroad they ate the same as the locals did. Yes I used the examples of chips and burgers and ye olde Red lion pubs serving full English breakfasts and roast dinners as that is my (perhaps stereotypical) take on some English people when they go abroad.

I really thought you were intelligent enough to understand this, others seem to have grasped it well enough.

over a year ago

Simplez

I think the adverts are national (TV bus stops etc)but menus are local so you won't find an advert for it in a branch that doesn't serve it

But it is a franchise chain "

Quite right, the OP did not say it was a poster it was the national TV advert.

All chains, McD's, KFC, Subway etc are mostly franchises and dont carry all of the lines, products and promotions that the originating franchisor company advertises on TV.

All TV/Press ad's will include the small print to advise this..

But then who reads the small print anyway

over a year ago

All alcohol is Haram (forbidden) as opposed to Halal (legal) but it doesn't stop all the corner shops under the sun selling it and thats because the phrases refer to what the individual is allowed/not allowed to eat/drink .

The issue with food outlets is one of "cross contamination".

There's absolutely no reason why a food outlet can't sell Halal & Haram dishes as long as they are kept totally separate

over a year ago

mind you I always have a chuckle at the fast food outlets that use the phrase "turkey bacon" on their menus

over a year ago

"All alcohol is Haram (forbidden) as opposed to Halal (legal) but it doesn't stop all the corner shops under the sun selling it and thats because the phrases refer to what the individual is allowed/not allowed to eat/drink .

The issue with food outlets is one of "cross contamination".

There's absolutely no reason why a food outlet can't sell Halal & Haram dishes as long as they are kept totally separate"

Which is too dificult/expensive for many fast food places also again franchise so you're at the whim of the owner and also the local community.

If 10 munslims won't go in because there's bacon for sale but only 1 non Muslim will come in because of the bacon you'd be insane to sell bacon

By *rMrs-Luv-ItCouple
over a year ago

cwmbranish

never even knew KFC did bacon assumed they was all about chicken

This thread made me go and look at there website i am now well clued up

our local store is not on the list of stores chosen to run a halal trial .

Toilets checked at least 4 times a day cleaned as requi_ed

(Her)

By *he love catsCouple
over a year ago

South Wales

By *yron69Man
over a year ago

Fareham

What?

Most of us are non Muslims and scoff pork often.

Kfc is shit anyway. Waste of good chickens.

Post new Message to Thread