Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Bareback

Jump to newest

By *parkle1974 OP   Woman
over a year ago

Leeds

Riding....a horse (no pun intended)

Have ridden a few times always with reins, saddle etc.....always wanted to try this but scares the life out of my......anyone tried it?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I've never done it. I did ride a horse in Mongolia on one of their traditional wooden saddles, though. Fuckin hurt! Bruises for weeks. Would have preferred bareback.

-Courtney

over a year ago

Used to have to ride bare back all the time if you got good balance you will be fine if your gonna try it make sure you go for a cob type with little wither as a high wither to the crotch isn't pleasant lol

over a year ago

Not for years but as a kid I did this all the time. It's bloody bumpy!

over a year ago

I've never ridden a horse.

Always wanted to but there's the fear of getting thrown off.

over a year ago

"Used to have to ride bare back all the time if you got good balance you will be fine if your gonna try it make sure you go for a cob type with little wither as a high wither to the crotch isn't pleasant lol "

I've done it, but it's harder than it looks to do at anything other than a walk. Takes good thighs and balance!

over a year ago

"Riding....a horse (no pun intended)

Have ridden a few times always with reins, saddle etc.....always wanted to try this but scares the life out of my......anyone tried it?"

I did it a few times when I was 15 or 16. Bloody hard work and if you feel yourself slipping off just go with it and roll clear fast!

over a year ago

Yes. Ridden bareback into the sea, then rolled off and swam with the horse holding the reins. Amazing experience

over a year ago

Like playing Russian roulette, OP

By *awtymarkyMan
over a year ago

chester

Yep done this my balls have never been the same since cantering bareback never never again always saddle up

over a year ago

Used to ride my old boy to and from the field bareback. Saved me a walk

By *oachman 9CoolMan
over a year ago

derby

"I've never done it. I did ride a horse in Mongolia on one of their traditional wooden saddles, though. Fuckin hurt! Bruises for weeks. Would have preferred bareback. The outer Plains of mongolia, perhaps wore wooden Saddles back in ghengis khans times, I Can,t Imagine anything more Uncomfortable than that apart from no saddle at all..

-Courtney"

over a year ago

Have ridden a few times always with reins, saddle etc.....always wanted to try this but scares the life out of my......anyone tried it?"

Yes on a holiday in Africa when I was 14....amazing!!

over a year ago

Not another bareback thread. Hasn't this no saddle horse riding been done to death lol.

over a year ago

Not another bareback thread. Hasn't this no saddle horse riding been done to death lol.

By *oachman 9CoolMan
over a year ago

derby

"I've never ridden a horse.

Always wanted to but there's the fear of getting thrown off."

I remember as A kid haveing my first ride on a donkey On the beach at the seaside for some Reason he bolted.. Can,t remember Much more than that..

By *uietlykinkymeWoman
over a year ago

kinky land

I'm looking at an elephant right now (at the zoo) I reckon I could sit up there without reins and not fall off

over a year ago

Leeds

"Not another bareback thread. Hasn't this no saddle horse riding been done to death lol."

I've not seen one before

By *adenceWoman
over a year ago

North Lincolnshire

Hi hon,

I've ridden horses bareback a lot; I used to do it as a kid age 6-12, taking the riding school horses a couple of miles back to the fields. Did roadwork and crossed open countryside at trot and canter on them. Was lots of fun (This is back in the 80s)

You could try riding without stirrups first; walk should be easy; trot depends on the horses' action but my least fave pace and canter is usually quite comfortable. You've then got the pommel to grab onto if you're losing balance.

I find riding horses bareback a lot easier/ more comfortable than no stirrups. The horse hair provides some friction and close contact allows you to feel his action and maintain balance.

Like others had said, if past the point of no return and falling off, just let it happen and roll clear.

Cadence

xx

* Didn't do very well on the bareback sex metaphor there! *

over a year ago

Leeds

"Hi hon,

I've ridden horses bareback a lot; I used to do it as a kid age 6-12, taking the riding school horses a couple of miles back to the fields. Did roadwork and crossed open countryside at trot and canter on them. Was lots of fun (This is back in the 80s)

You could try riding without stirrups first; walk should be easy; trot depends on the horses' action but my least fave pace and canter is usually quite comfortable. You've then got the pommel to grab onto if you're losing balance.

I find riding horses bareback a lot easier/ more comfortable than no stirrups. The horse hair provides some friction and close contact allows you to feel his action and maintain balance.

Like others had said, if past the point of no return and falling off, just let it happen and roll clear.

Cadence

xx

* Didn't do very well on the bareback sex metaphor there! *"

Lol.....I'm confident riding using all the equipment, just want to push the boundaries now

By *risky_MareWoman
over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

I spent my youth riding bareback.....

Seriously, did a lot, used to win the bareback jumping competitions at the local shows as a kid, nothing like it for developing a good 'core'. At the Spanish Riding School in Vienna they teach all the new bereiters for months bareback on the lunge to develop their seat.

You need to be relaxed enough to just balance, and strong enough to hold your own frame. Try a few strides at a time with a lazy round sort of a horse in an arena and make sure you use a neckstrap so as not to hang on to his mouth.

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

If you've got a great relationship with your horse, as well as good balance etc, then it can be great.

Post new Message to Thread