FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

What goals will you set for yourself this week?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Dear Fabbers and Friends

What a marvellous weekend it has been. Pooch and I have enjoyed some happy rambles and our little neck of the woods featured in Country File on BBC 1 this evening .

Another spiffing thing happened today. I popped in to my local music emporium to purchase a cd and low and behold they had rack up on rack of vinyl LP’s. It was just amazing thumbing through the albums, most I already have. There were a few chaps my age doing the same, we soon engaged in a great conversation about old albums. I was transported back to my teenage years in the local record shop in Colwyn Bay. I spent most of my Saturday mornings there, the weeks paper round money burning a hole in my pocket. Spending ages deciding what to buy and chatting to the owner and friends who popped in. A happy memory relived.

Oh at this juncture I would like to mention my good chum Dock Of the Bay , would you join me in congratulating him on his 10k run today and his brilliant time and position in the race , well done buddy

So on Friday we posed the question “what have you done this week to make you feel proud?”

Many posted they weren’t sure and maybe we should set a goal for the week,.

So chums our question is

WHAT GOALS WILL YOU SET FOR YOURSELF THIS WEEK?

It doesn’t have to be anything massive like running a marathon, or learning Greek. Make it something very achievable. Simple gaols are always the best, and hey it’s not a competition, remember to be as compassionate to yourself as you are to others.

I will check in on Friday to see how we all have done.

For me ,,, Clearing the rest of the junk in the garage and finishing up the garden .

Good luck chums

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

I'm going to get a meet from this site if it kills me!

Apart from that, job hunting.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

for me it's a weight loss and training goal.. 2lb target, 3lb stretch target! Sunday to Sunday!

By *epper123Woman
over a year ago

London

I am going to go into work every day, despite being officially on my holidays to make sure I don't get snowed under up to the Christmas holidays. By the time this break came around, I was going nuts with trying to keep up with everything .... so its about managing my time to stay sane.

By *ornynwcplCouple
over a year ago

Preston

To beat my PB at parkrun, I was on course starting the final lap and lost over a minute in the final lap. I know why I lost it, so Saturday will be a new PB! And I might be dressed up for Halloween too

over a year ago

By next Sunday, get my man cave wind and water tight ready for the sparky and the plasterer! Oh, and decide where my career goes next (by mid week)

over a year ago

What I've achieved, I'm not totally sure I've achieved yet, but I would really like it to happen, but shh, I'm not telling as it's not certain

What I'd like to achieve, is to have some wonderful times with some wonderful people from fab

Congratulations dockofthebay for running a fantastic run, and I reckon appreciates some Otis Redding

Taff, I have never owned a record and this saddens me greatly I love music and would sincerely love to own a record deck someday along with some records. Alas, funds aren't great (as always) and it's not a priority at the moment

over a year ago

"By next Sunday, get my man cave wind and water tight ready for the sparky and the plasterer! Oh, and decide where my career goes next (by mid week)"

ha ha I love the Avatar buddy its brilliant , aw ace the Man cave is getting near completion , I need to tidy mine , clearing the garage too to make way for the home gym . Good lick with the career decision bud

over a year ago

"What I've achieved, I'm not totally sure I've achieved yet, but I would really like it to happen, but shh, I'm not telling as it's not certain

What I'd like to achieve, is to have some wonderful times with some wonderful people from fab

Congratulations dockofthebay for running a fantastic run, and I reckon appreciates some Otis Redding

Taff, I have never owned a record and this saddens me greatly I love music and would sincerely love to own a record deck someday along with some records. Alas, funds aren't great (as always) and it's not a priority at the moment"

Aw records are the future and also my past , noting like getting home and slipping it out of the sleeve , there is something quite reverential in the experience

over a year ago

" for me it's a weight loss and training goal.. 2lb target, 3lb stretch target! Sunday to Sunday! "

good luck bud keep burning those carbs

over a year ago

"What I've achieved, I'm not totally sure I've achieved yet, but I would really like it to happen, but shh, I'm not telling as it's not certain

Taff, I have never owned a record and this saddens me greatly I love music and would sincerely love to own a record deck someday along with some records. Alas, funds aren't great (as always) and it's not a priority at the moment"

Also, I use the term achievement in the first paragraph to link in with the op, however, I'm uncomfortable calling it an achievement as I feel that makes it sound intended and planned, which it wasn't, and it's more special than the word achievement can portray if things do work out

over a year ago

I've lost quite a bit of weight in the last 6 weeks from doing a lot of walking on the school run.

My goal is to get rid of the huge blisters caused by the walking and to be able to walk without limping or being in pain.

over a year ago

Taff, I have never owned a record and this saddens me greatly I love music and would sincerely love to own a record deck someday along with some records. Alas, funds aren't great (as always) and it's not a priority at the moment

Aw records are the future and also my past , noting like getting home and slipping it out of the sleeve , there is something quite reverential in the experience "

Records are the essence of music at home imo, I can't wait for getting a record player to be on my priority list

over a year ago

Also, I use the term achievement in the first paragraph to link in with the op, however, I'm uncomfortable calling it an achievement as I feel that makes it sound intended and planned, which it wasn't, and it's more special than the word achievement can portray if things do work out"

hey its cool call it what ever you want , its your goal and you can set it as you wish . its all about being kinder to yourself too and discovering what feels good for you .

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

I'm just going to set my self the goal of enjoying this week, and losing the weight (dare not look) that I put on this week

over a year ago

"I've lost quite a bit of weight in the last 6 weeks from doing a lot of walking on the school run.

My goal is to get rid of the huge blisters caused by the walking and to be able to walk without limping or being in pain. "

Best wishes m'dear, hope it heals soon

over a year ago

To go to the dump and get rid of a load of junk

over a year ago

"I've lost quite a bit of weight in the last 6 weeks from doing a lot of walking on the school run.

My goal is to get rid of the huge blisters caused by the walking and to be able to walk without limping or being in pain.

Best wishes m'dear, hope it heals soon"

Thank you. It's half term so I will be putting my feet up

over a year ago

Also, I use the term achievement in the first paragraph to link in with the op, however, I'm uncomfortable calling it an achievement as I feel that makes it sound intended and planned, which it wasn't, and it's more special than the word achievement can portray if things do work out

hey its cool call it what ever you want , its your goal and you can set it as you wish . its all about being kinder to yourself too and discovering what feels good for you .

"

That's the point though, it's not a goal, it's hard to explain without elaborating details, but the thought of it makes me so very happy

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

Sleeping is my goal

over a year ago

My goal is to write a longer post than you OP

By *mumaWoman
over a year ago

Livingston

my goal this week is to try and walk 50 feet...

over a year ago

Best wishes m'dear, hope it heals soon

Thank you. It's half term so I will be putting my feet up "

Sounds like a cunning plan happy holidays

By *innamon!Woman
over a year ago

no matter

My goal is to make sure I get up at 7:10 for the next 4 mornings aside from that not much.

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

"my goal this week is to try and walk 50 feet...

"

I hope you achieve it lovely xx

over a year ago

"My goal is to write a longer post than you OP "

I'm not sure that's possible. Gotta love Taff's posts though they make me smile

over a year ago

"My goal is to write a longer post than you OP "

you so know I see that as a challenge lol

over a year ago

My goal is to get rid of the huge blisters caused by the walking and to be able to walk without limping or being in pain. "

good socks and walking boots and a massive hug from me x

over a year ago

"

we will all be walking along side you in spirit x

over a year ago

I shall look to expand my musical experience into the world of jazz.

over a year ago

"I shall look to expand my musical experience into the world of jazz.

"

oh the Pooch fears the Jazz ,,, its to tangential even for us , good luck with that bud

over a year ago

Lol.... Half term so hopefully not choke the kids haha!!

over a year ago

good socks and walking boots and a massive hug from me x"

By *irtyGirlWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

You need different socks.

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

" That's the point though, it's not a goal, it's hard to explain without elaborating details, but the thought of it makes me so very happy"

I think I know what you mean?

over a year ago

I have my daughters for the week as it half term my goal is to stay of here so they have my undivided attention should be a pretty easy one to achieve

Except when they go to bed i can come out to play lol

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

My goal is to get ahead on my work, see a good friend and drink white tea, meet someone new on Friday

over a year ago

This is a very personal goal for me, like my kids my sister is serverly autistic and tomorrow is her birthday for obvious reasons I haven't told her what we are doing but she's always wanted to go on a plane, she's 30 tomorrow, so with some help, I am taking her in her first plane ride up to Newcastle and she's always wanted to stay in a posh hotel but my parents would never take her on a plane or stay anywhere fancy, for fear of meltdowns and being embarrassed by her, so I decided in her 30th year to treat her.

We've seen so many concerts together which have been tricky on occasions but I've also got tickets to see her favourite group one direction too, she never smiles it looks like she is having fun but I'm hoping tomorrow I can get one smile out of her, if that happens it will make my world so much brighter!!

over a year ago

I have my Driving Test this Wednesday. So my goal for this week is to PASS.

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

That is a great goal

By *anchestercubMan
over a year ago

manchester & NI

"This is a very personal goal for me, like my kids my sister is serverly autistic and tomorrow is her birthday for obvious reasons I haven't told her what we are doing but she's always wanted to go on a plane, she's 30 tomorrow, so with some help, I am taking her in her first plane ride up to Newcastle and she's always wanted to stay in a posh hotel but my parents would never take her on a plane or stay anywhere fancy, for fear of meltdowns and being embarrassed by her, so I decided in her 30th year to treat her.

We've seen so many concerts together which have been tricky on occasions but I've also got tickets to see her favourite group one direction too, she never smiles it looks like she is having fun but I'm hoping tomorrow I can get one smile out of her, if that happens it will make my world so much brighter!!"

That's so lovely, I hope it goes well for you both and you have a great time.

Cyber hug for being a great sister!

over a year ago

"Lol.... Half term so hopefully not choke the kids haha!!"

over a year ago

"This is a very personal goal for me, like my kids my sister is serverly autistic and tomorrow is her birthday for obvious reasons I haven't told her what we are doing but she's always wanted to go on a plane, she's 30 tomorrow, so with some help, I am taking her in her first plane ride up to Newcastle and she's always wanted to stay in a posh hotel but my parents would never take her on a plane or stay anywhere fancy, for fear of meltdowns and being embarrassed by her, so I decided in her 30th year to treat her.

We've seen so many concerts together which have been tricky on occasions but I've also got tickets to see her favourite group one direction too, she never smiles it looks like she is having fun but I'm hoping tomorrow I can get one smile out of her, if that happens it will make my world so much brighter!!

That's so lovely, I hope it goes well for you both and you have a great time.

Cyber hug for being a great sister! "

Thank you!! I'm sure I will update you all when I'm back!!

over a year ago

To have at least one nice day out before I go back to work next week.

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

To reunite Barry & a duster for the first time in a long while

By *mumaWoman
over a year ago

Livingston

I hope you achieve it lovely xx "

Thank you J, that's very much appreciated. Still trying to come to terms with it all xx

over a year ago

We've seen so many concerts together which have been tricky on occasions but I've also got tickets to see her favourite group one direction too, she never smiles it looks like she is having fun but I'm hoping tomorrow I can get one smile out of her, if that happens it will make my world so much brighter!!"

Pooch and i will be thinking about you both tomorrow and hoping you both have the most marvellous time. Your such a brilliant sister xx

By *mumaWoman
over a year ago

Livingston

we will all be walking along side you in spirit x"

Thank you x

over a year ago

"I have my Driving Test this Wednesday. So my goal for this week is to PASS. "

Fingers crossed for you hear , remember mirror signal manoeuvre

over a year ago

To complete a job application

over a year ago

Pooch and i will be thinking about you both tomorrow and hoping you both have the most marvellous time. Your such a brilliant sister xx"

I really hope I wont overwhelm her with everything, BA have been so helpful and the hotel too, starting to get nervous now

over a year ago

we will all be walking along side you in spirit x

Thank you x "

xx

By *mumaWoman
over a year ago

Livingston

That is lovely. I hope your sister has a wonderful birthday and you both have a great and memorable day and night away xx

over a year ago

Going to stay with a friend for a few days so got to keep calm and deal with motorways. Gulp.

over a year ago

"Lol.... Half term so hopefully not choke the kids haha!!"

Yes this is also my plan and hopefully get rid of the kids old clothes

By *isa 59Woman
over a year ago

Newcastle

To do all of the below on a daily basis: 1. To be out of bed by 6am at the latest;

2. To take a proper lunch break;

3. To do some kind of exercise after work.

over a year ago

"Going to stay with a friend for a few days so got to keep calm and deal with motorways. Gulp."

Drive save x

over a year ago

That is the most beautiful of things. I wish you both a really lovely time. Big hugs to you and your sister xx

over a year ago

"To do all of the below on a daily basis: 1. To be out of bed by 6am at the latest;

3. To do some kind of exercise after work."

Good luck and keep positive

over a year ago

Pooch and i will be thinking about you both tomorrow and hoping you both have the most marvellous time. Your such a brilliant sister xx

I really hope I wont overwhelm her with everything, BA have been so helpful and the hotel too, starting to get nervous now "

Ah what a fabulous sister you are. I hope it all goes well and you both have a wonderful time

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

To get through the week and retain sanity and wellbeing.

Repot a few plants and prepare more plants for winter.

And some laborious work to finish.

By *isa 59Woman
over a year ago

Newcastle

"To do all of the below on a daily basis: 1. To be out of bed by 6am at the latest;

Good luck and keep positive "

Thank you. They may not sound very adventurous but they're each a big deal for me!

over a year ago

Thank you. They may not sound very adventurous but they're each a big deal for me!"

Its not about massive life changing challenges, its the things that are important to you. If you miss one or two please don't beat yourself up just focus on the positives you have achieved during the week

over a year ago

Thank you. They may not sound very adventurous but they're each a big deal for me!"

That's all that matters. Best wishes

over a year ago

To get to friday without going insane is the aim

over a year ago

To spend more time with my daughter's

By *uzy444Woman
over a year ago

in the suffolk countryside

we will all be walking along side you in spirit x"

this

and congratulations, to dock of the bay x

my goal is to have no goals, because its my birthday week, and so its my week of grace

By *uzy444Woman
over a year ago

in the suffolk countryside

I really hope I wont overwhelm her with everything, BA have been so helpful and the hotel too, starting to get nervous now

Ah what a fabulous sister you are. I hope it all goes well and you both have a wonderful time "

have an awesome time ..so hope it goes well and you get the reward of that smile..and big hugs to you, for doing it xx

over a year ago

Learning to stand on a surf board, infront of the some seriously hot Australian life guards; without looking like a flailing pale pommie!!!.....

over a year ago

"Learning to stand on a surf board, infront of the some seriously hot Australian life guards; without looking like a flailing pale pommie!!!..... "
not an easy thing to do

over a year ago

To have my 1st experience on Fabs lol

By *exyRugbyBoyMan
over a year ago

Broseley, Shropshire

My goals this week.

Finish decorating the bathroom.

Start my winter training, so I can improve my races next year.

Book more triathlons.

By *om and JennieCouple
over a year ago

Chams or Socials

I hope it all goes to plan & she has a fantastic time xxx

My goal for this week is to have a gait analysis for new trainers - I'm cleared to start exercising again after an injury 2 years ago

over a year ago

I'm going through a lot of upheaval at the moment so my goals are really simple.

To take each moment as it comes

To be kind to myself

To be a good mum

And if I have the energy to get the garden tidied for winter.

over a year ago

Mine for this week is just to get through it .

over a year ago

errrrrrrr let me think - hard is that at the best of times haha - righty its bit so much my goal but a certain job needs doing on the house - and tomorrow its getting looked at - watch this space it might be another thing ticked off the things to do around the house list (nothing sexual i might add but if he does it for me i will certainly show him my gratification)

over a year ago

"I have my Driving Test this Wednesday. So my goal for this week is to PASS. "

Best of luck with test. X

By *lik and PaulCouple
over a year ago

Flagrante

Any improvements with our weight training this week would be good.

over a year ago

"I'm going through a lot of upheaval at the moment so my goals are really simple.

To be kind to myself

To be a good mum

And if I have the energy to get the garden tidied for winter."

hope you're feeling better, have a fab week!

over a year ago

Pass an advanced driving test knock a second or two off my 2000m rowing

By *exyRugbyBoyMan
over a year ago

Broseley, Shropshire

"I'm going through a lot of upheaval at the moment so my goals are really simple.

To be kind to myself

To be a good mum

And if I have the energy to get the garden tidied for winter."

I can relate to that, ok not the mum bit.

over a year ago

To do a hour n half round the track not just a hour ..to get rid of this damn cold sore and to sort the garden ready for my bonfire party

By *asycouple1971Couple
over a year ago

midlands

To ride my exercise bike for an hour from 30min

over a year ago

I have this week off work, so does the oh, so hoping for some days out and spending most of today with my daughter, shes buying me lunch, so it will be nice to have some mum/daughter time.

Also, looking forward to Sunday, bit nervous as second meet with a new friend, next level time. Im hoping it goes well

over a year ago

Stick some stuff on eBay. I had a productive weekend so not much more than that

over a year ago

Well chums Pooch and I will post up a thread at the weekend and we can see how we all have done.

Please friends remember you dont get a medal or its not compulsory . Do things at your own pace .

Each part of your goal is a victory

May I set you all one , be kind and gentle on yourselves too .

Off to York for a few days , play nicely

By *km45Man
over a year ago

UTTOXETER

I plan to have a sort out in my house and to arrange a meet on here

over a year ago

"Well chums Pooch and I will post up a thread at the weekend and we can see how we all have done.

Please friends remember you dont get a medal or its not compulsory . Do things at your own pace .

Each part of your goal is a victory

May I set you all one , be kind and gentle on yourselves too .

Off to York for a few days , play nicely "

Always Taff. Hope you have fun in York young man

over a year ago

"Dear Fabbers and Friends

What a marvellous weekend it has been. Pooch and I have enjoyed some happy rambles and our little neck of the woods featured in Country File on BBC 1 this evening .

Another spiffing thing happened today. I popped in to my local music emporium to purchase a cd and low and behold they had rack up on rack of vinyl LP’s. It was just amazing thumbing through the albums, most I already have. There were a few chaps my age doing the same, we soon engaged in a great conversation about old albums. I was transported back to my teenage years in the local record shop in Colwyn Bay. I spent most of my Saturday mornings there, the weeks paper round money burning a hole in my pocket. Spending ages deciding what to buy and chatting to the owner and friends who popped in. A happy memory relived.

Oh at this juncture I would like to mention my good chum Dock Of the Bay , would you join me in congratulating him on his 10k run today and his brilliant time and position in the race , well done buddy

So on Friday we posed the question “what have you done this week to make you feel proud?”

So chums our question is

It doesn’t have to be anything massive like running a marathon, or learning Greek. Make it something very achievable. Simple gaols are always the best, and hey it’s not a competition, remember to be as compassionate to yourself as you are to others.

For me ,,, Clearing the rest of the junk in the garage and finishing up the garden .

Good luck chums

"

I need to get my act together and go to the gym more often and start CLEAN eating.

over a year ago

"I have my Driving Test this Wednesday. So my goal for this week is to PASS.

Best of luck with test. X"

Thank you.

over a year ago

Go swimming 3 times this week

over a year ago

"Dear Fabbers and Friends

So chums our question is

Good luck chums

"

Not to kill anyone with my baking or lovin'!!!!

over a year ago

I have a new goal,albeit a long term goal. My goal is to lose weight and tone up so I can watch myself in a mirror,having sex without going and feeling

over a year ago

" for me it's a weight loss and training goal.. 2lb target, 3lb stretch target! Sunday to Sunday! "

Me too :D I am two pound away from target so I'm gonna get it on Thursday :D

Good luck on your weight lost journey. Mine has be amazing :D

over a year ago

So I made my goal a few nights ago to pass my driving test today. & I DONE IT. go me lol.

over a year ago

"I have a new goal,albeit a long term goal. My goal is to lose weight and tone up so I can watch myself in a mirror,having sex without going and feeling "

Me too

over a year ago

"So I made my goal a few nights ago to pass my driving test today. & I DONE IT. go me lol. "

Congrats!!!

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

"So I made my goal a few nights ago to pass my driving test today. & I DONE IT. go me lol. "

Well done

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

I've achieved what I wanted. Much better week, !ost the shit weight I gained although still 4lb from target.

And still the rest of the week to go

over a year ago

To not wrap my little hands around one of my work mates necks and squeeze and squeeze till he is blue on the ground

over a year ago

I reached my goal - to pass my final exam and graduate

over a year ago

"I reached my goal - to pass my final exam and graduate "

yes well done you a deserved beer and pat on the back , now go and celebrate

over a year ago

yippie well done you sending a massive hug and pooch is wagging his tail

over a year ago

Thankyou - I'll be celebrating later this week I think

over a year ago

Well most of you know I reached my goal and beyond this week, so I'm a happy lady!

over a year ago

Getting home and enjoying my husband for 24 hours x

over a year ago

"Well most of you know I reached my goal and beyond this week, so I'm a happy lady!"

you most certainly did and what a wonderful goal it was too xxx

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

My goals for the rest of the week is to have a fantastic fri-mon and not to get so pissed Saturday night I have to go to a&e to get my Halloween contact lenses removed

over a year ago

"So I made my goal a few nights ago to pass my driving test today. & I DONE IT. go me lol.

Congrats!!! "

Thank you.

over a year ago

"So I made my goal a few nights ago to pass my driving test today. & I DONE IT. go me lol.

yippie well done you sending a massive hug and pooch is wagging his tail "

Ah thanks.

over a year ago

Well done "

Thanks. X

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 28/10/15 20:09:51]

over a year ago

Mine is to go to the gym as usual and train hard with more intensity.

By *uxom redCouple
over a year ago

Shrewsbury

To make the girl child a Halloween costume

And not break while she's having a meltdown

over a year ago

"To make the girl child a Halloween costume

And not break while she's having a meltdown "

Good luck

over a year ago

Congratulations

over a year ago

I've gone swimming every day !

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

"I'm going to get a meet from this site if it kills me!

Apart from that, job hunting."

Well I arranged a meet.

He stood me up.

But I have an interview next week.

over a year ago

To go through my wardrobe and bag up all my old clothes that are too big and give to charity. And get the rest of my ironing done

Post new Message to Thread