Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

The sales

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Well been to the sales and I must admit what a load of crap that was left, anyone found anything decent? Even the Next sale was dire and they are usually the best xxx

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

got a few things from house of frazer as they started the sale online xmas eve

and also debenhams x

over a year ago

ohhh and new underwear from la sensa

over a year ago

Spent a small fortune on clothing for my youngest, he sprouts overnight.... age 12 but into age 14/15 clothes and size 10 mens shoes.

Got enough to last him a couple of weeks till he grows again.

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Well been to the sales and I must admit what a load of crap that was left, anyone found anything decent? Even the Next sale was dire and they are usually the best xxx"

try the new year sales or play chicken...

they will trying to get rid of everything before jan 4th as that is when the VAT increase goes in......

By *unterslickCouple
over a year ago

tullamore

so england will have nearly the same vat as us here in ireland,i really feel for you

but j bought a dress before xmas for 7 euro,and guess what,she seen the same dress today in a diff dunnes for 12 euro,what a sale,lol

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

"Well been to the sales and I must admit what a load of crap that was left, anyone found anything decent? Even the Next sale was dire and they are usually the best xxx

try the new year sales or play chicken...

they will trying to get rid of everything before jan 4th as that is when the VAT increase goes in......"

whats play chicken?

over a year ago

The sales have been a load of shit so far, and thats the polite version, had better bargains all year round from the halfcost website than anything in the so called sales

By *ouplefunukCouple
over a year ago

North Bristol

We've just got back from sale shopping and most of the stuff we got was full price lol.

The Boots sale was pretty good, got a few Toni & Guy sets for £20 instead of £40 and some perfume sets half price.

Next was a pile of poo - got some full priced jeans.

Spent over £100 in John Lewis and all of that stuff was full priced too lol.

*Her*

over a year ago

can't bear to think about it, staying away. When I need something I buy it.

over a year ago

Hey, how predictable am I?,,, sigh.... yip… very!!!! ...

yeah, so what, I bought Shoes... and ones with ginormous heels too..... so nur-nur !!!

See told ya I was predictable…..

Oh go on with ya!!!!!! ya didn’t know I was gonna say that !!!!!

Really…. Tut bleedd’in tut

over a year ago

What I would like to buy are never in the sales, and I don't need anything for the house/car/camping/whatever. Hence I have not bothered.

over a year ago

"Hey, how predictable am I?,,, sigh.... yip… very!!!! ...

yeah, so what, I bought Shoes... and ones with ginormous heels too..... so nur-nur !!!

See told ya I was predictable…..

Oh go on with ya!!!!!! ya didn’t know I was gonna say that !!!!!

Really…. Tut bleedd’in tut

"

can't help feeling yer a bit odd soxy - did you buy any new ones at the sales?

By *heffield_FellaMan
over a year ago

sheffield

anybody who went to the NEXT sale at 5am on Boxing day needs their head looked at

over a year ago

I pottered around Burton yesterday but to be honest I don't need anything so it was a waste of time really.

Thing is, I don't rush, go at my own pace and enjoy myself. If everyone around me feels the need to zoom about at 200 miles an hour then that's their choice

over a year ago

Sales ??

Not bloody lightly ! No way in Hell would we sit in traffic jams getting into Newcastle or the Metro Centre just to get trampled to death once inside only to come away with a pile of shite that we didn't need in the 1st place.

The furthest we ventured was to our local ASDA for some cider and beer, oh and we got a nice steak pie which had been reduced from £3.49 to £1.50 - result

over a year ago

"can't help feeling yer a bit odd soxy - did you buy any new ones at the sales? "

Awww ,,,,Wot!!!!only a bit Odd....crumbs...

OMG....dont say, I'm heading on that slippery downwards slop towards becoming conventional.... Oh_no!!!.... what’s a tranny to do!!!.... arghhhhh...

Yip new ones in the sales.... from Brantano... got some of them shoe-boot type affairs with the zip up the back of the heel...only paid a tenner for em too... so well chuffed,,,, still a bit nippy on the toes though when I'm walking about in em... so I’ll maybe just keep them for Arial gymnastic ,,,, if ya catch ma drift

over a year ago

"can't help feeling yer a bit odd soxy - did you buy any new ones at the sales?

Awww ,,,,Wot!!!!only a bit Odd....crumbs...

OMG....dont say, I'm heading on that slippery downwards slop towards becoming conventional.... Oh_no!!!.... what’s a tranny to do!!!.... arghhhhh...

Yip new ones in the sales.... from Brantano... got some of them shoe-boot type affairs with the zip up the back of the heel...only paid a tenner for em too... so well chuffed,,,, still a bit nippy on the toes though when I'm walking about in em... so I’ll maybe just keep them for Arial gymnastic ,,,, if ya catch ma drift

"

aye a doo, got a similar pair mesel - in white.

over a year ago

I'd never go before dawn on boxing day, unless I had been declared insane.

Instead I give it two days, rock up at the Centre at 10am, to get a bit of a lie in, but early enough so its like a "normal" shopping day in terms of population.

Spent about two hundred shopping at my leisure at Next, Argos and Boots before feeding my face and sneaking out shortly before noon, just as the hordes began to pour in. And watched with a wry chuckle as two drivers competed valiantly for the parking space I left behind, which had been a piece of piss to find (it was hidden between two other empty parking spaces at the time I arrived)two hours earlier.

My chuckles turned to guffaws as I passed three miles of bumper to bumper traffic headed towards the hubbub, while I slapped the gear shift into fourth.

All in all quite a successful bit of retail therapy!

Post new Message to Thread