Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Nostalgic Christmas

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I had a lovely Christmas Day, some aspects of it felt very similar to how my Christmas Day's felt in the early 80s when I was 15.

We watched Top of the Pops. I used to love it on Christmas Day so after lunch we all sat around and turned the TV on. Of course I didnt know the majority of people on it, but nevertheless made me feel at home.

When I was 15, like everyone, I was heavily into music, mainly electronic music and would lie on my bed playing whatever album I had had for Christmas on my stack stereo system. I recreated it this year as I had two fantastic CD compilations which took me back to the late 70s and 80s, firstly Ministry of Sound Disco, god its fab, and then Ministry of Sound Anthems Electronic 2.

I used my CD player which was a great novelty as I always tend to use my Ipod and I even dug out those huge headphones, you know the big cover the whole side of your head things, you cant use them with an Ipod as they are about 10 times bigger than it and it doensnt seem right. Put the headphones on, wrapped myself in my fur throw and put the CD's on. It was heaven. The best thing was that on the Electronic album they even had a track by Devo, who I loved in the 80s, Jerkin back and forth was the track, and of course Frankie Goes to Hollywood - Relax and Welcome to the Pleasuredome, ah nostalgia.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Yeah mine was nostalgic too this year

I got an apple an orange and a bag a nuts xx

By *ashful BazMan
over a year ago

poole dorset

"I had a lovely Christmas Day, some aspects of it felt very similar to how my Christmas Day's felt in the early 80s when I was 15.

We watched Top of the Pops. I used to love it on Christmas Day so after lunch we all sat around and turned the TV on. Of course I didnt know the majority of people on it, but nevertheless made me feel at home.

When I was 15, like everyone, I was heavily into music, mainly electronic music and would lie on my bed playing whatever album I had had for Christmas on my stack stereo system. I recreated it this year as I had two fantastic CD compilations which took me back to the late 70s and 80s, firstly Ministry of Sound Disco, god its fab, and then Ministry of Sound Anthems Electronic 2.

I used my CD player which was a great novelty as I always tend to use my Ipod and I even dug out those huge headphones, you know the big cover the whole side of your head things, you cant use them with an Ipod as they are about 10 times bigger than it and it doensnt seem right. Put the headphones on, wrapped myself in my fur throw and put the CD's on. It was heaven. The best thing was that on the Electronic album they even had a track by Devo, who I loved in the 80s, Jerkin back and forth was the track, and of course Frankie Goes to Hollywood - Relax and Welcome to the Pleasuredome, ah nostalgia. "

Devo - Whip it! what a great track that was.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

great company, great food, fun and games, loves family times.

Post new Message to Thread