Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Tyres

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

When looking for new tyres for your car do you stick to a certain brand or is it always about price.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *eanutButterJellyTimeCouple
over a year ago

the middle of the world

"When looking for new tyres for your car do you stick to a certain brand or is it always about price."

Price!

By *im himCouple (MM)
over a year ago

bedworth

If money is not a issue then always go with the ones that it came out of the factory on . Me personally I would alway put something on half decent at least . Cheap is not always best .

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I tend to go midrange - so neither of your options!

over a year ago

As my car is not a performance car by any stretch of the imagination. When it comes to tyres I always go for the cheapest. Where I used to work I go so many punctures on the estate, I would by part worns.

Claire

XX

over a year ago

I've had Yokohama tyres from brand new, bearly lasted 10k miles, then had some pirelli P zeros, now on some roadstone (mid range)

The pirelllis were awesome, accelerating at 60mph round a bend in 2nd and being glued to the road

Yokohama and road stone......not impressed at all

over a year ago

I don't like to pay more than £80 per corner.

over a year ago

Brand

By *gents 3 and 4Couple
over a year ago

truro

Have no idea the dealership we buy our cars from take cares of all that when its in for service etc

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

Always put on a good mid range plus set and would never touch anything part worn or iffy, respect some will choose to do so but given they're the thing keeping contact with the road then safety is paramount..

over a year ago

"I've had Yokohama tyres from brand new, bearly lasted 10k miles, then had some pirelli P zeros, now on some roadstone (mid range)

The pirelllis were awesome, accelerating at 60mph round a bend in 2nd and being glued to the road

Yokohama and road stone......not impressed at all "

Try 600 miles on a set of Fallen ZE502's.... It was on my old 575bhp Cossie though

over a year ago

"I've had Yokohama tyres from brand new, bearly lasted 10k miles, then had some pirelli P zeros, now on some roadstone (mid range)

Try 600 miles on a set of Fallen ZE502's.... It was on my old 575bhp Cossie though "

*Falken*

over a year ago

The part of the OP about sticking to what they came out of the factory with made me have a little chuckle.

Few weeks ago went down to Range Rover with my mum to collect her new Range Rover, she wanted me to remember how to use all the gadgets on it

Anyway....salesman proceeds to try sell her a "tyre protection plan" because these tyre are extremely expensive, £250 each from Range Rover, que me asking the salesman for the registration, 2 mins later I tell him they're £110 delivered from black circles

Watching him stumble over his words and trying to justify £250 each was rather amusing

over a year ago

Try 600 miles on a set of Fallen ZE502's.... It was on my old 575bhp Cossie though "

I'll be trying some falkens next, my brothers got them on his 1.9 A3, tuned from 105bhp to 190bhp currently, he said the falkens are great

He can also get them £90 for two

By *heOwlMan
over a year ago

Altrincham

Diddy car with tiddly wheels means even premium tyres are quite reasonable, so my wee buggy tends to get a nice set of grippy Yoko boots to play in

over a year ago

Try 600 miles on a set of Fallen ZE502's.... It was on my old 575bhp Cossie though

I'll be trying some falkens next, my brothers got them on his 1.9 A3, tuned from 105bhp to 190bhp currently, he said the falkens are great

He can also get them £90 for two "

They're great. The problem is they're soft...

By *evaquitCouple
over a year ago

Catthorpe

We get a good deal on continental tyres so continental tyres it is.

By *athnBobCouple
over a year ago

sandwell

BF Goodrich MT.....reviewers estimate 70k miles on them for around £120 a corner. Thats me sorted for the next 10 years or so. Mind you they would look stupid on a saloon.

over a year ago

Cheapest for me

over a year ago

"When looking for new tyres for your car do you stick to a certain brand or is it always about price."

Good tyres can safe your life. Go to Internet and check all test with tyres. You will see. The same is with winter tyres and summer tyres. Cheap winter one are better than good summer one in winter because is not just about snow is about temperature.

over a year ago

After having such a nice experience with a set of pirellis on my lease car, (after only getting 8000 miles out of continentals) i fitted pirellis to the family car.

The question is, how does anyone other than Sir Stirling Moss get only 8000 miles out of tyres on a peugeot 107?!?!?!?!?!?!?

over a year ago

"After having such a nice experience with a set of pirellis on my lease car, (after only getting 8000 miles out of continentals) i fitted pirellis to the family car.

The question is, how does anyone other than Sir Stirling Moss get only 8000 miles out of tyres on a peugeot 107?!?!?!?!?!?!?"

Easy. Worn suspension bushes or badly adjusted geometry.

By *nfamyMan
over a year ago

Goole

It depends on the Money situation, if flush Pirelli or Michelin if not Hong-foo-Yang Ditchfinders

over a year ago

Pirelli are the only brand I would buy

over a year ago

"After having such a nice experience with a set of pirellis on my lease car, (after only getting 8000 miles out of continentals) i fitted pirellis to the family car.

The question is, how does anyone other than Sir Stirling Moss get only 8000 miles out of tyres on a peugeot 107?!?!?!?!?!?!?"

Had a 107 as my first car and they chew through front tyres, lucky if you get 10k out of a set, know a few who have had them and report the same

By *im himCouple (MM)
over a year ago

bedworth

"The part of the OP about sticking to what they came out of the factory with made me have a little chuckle.

Few weeks ago went down to Range Rover with my mum to collect her new Range Rover, she wanted me to remember how to use all the gadgets on it

Anyway....salesman proceeds to try sell her a "tyre protection plan" because these tyre are extremely expensive, £250 each from Range Rover, que me asking the salesman for the registration, 2 mins later I tell him they're £110 delivered from black circles

Watching him stumble over his words and trying to justify £250 each was rather amusing "

If you can afford the Range Rover then it should not be a problem to put the right rubber on it . Would never go to a main dealer for my boots would do the same and shop around

By *at69driveMan
over a year ago

Hertford

. I stick to certain brands and try to avoid budget tyres . It is your only contact between your car and the road . For me it is either Michelin's or Pirelli P 6000s . I did try Event tyres once

over a year ago

They're great. The problem is they're soft..."

I LOVE falkens! They work so well on my bimmer! Really excellent. And last well to as I'm not pushing much torque through them. At the end of the day though your tyres and your fuel will last as long as your right foot allows them to.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 20/10/15 22:25:47]

over a year ago

I LOVE falkens! They work so well on my bimmer! Really excellent. And last well to as I'm not pushing much torque through them. At the end of the day though your tyres and your fuel will last as long as your right foot allows them to."

I'm not pushing much torque either......

Why?

Because Honda

over a year ago

Are you Jenson button?!

over a year ago

I LOVE falkens! They work so well on my bimmer! Really excellent. And last well to as I'm not pushing much torque through them. At the end of the day though your tyres and your fuel will last as long as your right foot allows them to.

Why?

Because Honda "

I'm pushing nearly 400ftlbs.

Why....

Alfa Romeo.

over a year ago

I have pirrellis on the Cobra and some shite from a shed in the back of beyond on the vauxhall.

It even hurts to write v a u x ha.......

over a year ago

Why?

Because Honda

Why....

Alfa Romeo."

Blimy! Who manufactured the engine?!

over a year ago

Why?

Because Honda

Why....

Alfa Romeo."

You can have your 400ftlbs...it's the audio that counts for me

New 3000watt RMS amp and I'll break 145dB

Although I did go to buy the new type R, however at 23 insurance still presents a significant problem age discrimination at its finest

By *i1971Man
over a year ago

Cornwall

On past cars have gone "cheap as chips" budget tyres and although I managed to get about 12 months use out of them, they didn't wear evenly and actually wore a bit quicker than I'd anticipated. Then went for mid range.

However, on this car when I needed new tyre, stuck with Michelin (as it came with them) and so far, can't fault them at all. I'd say, go for the best you can afford

over a year ago

Why?

Because Honda

Why....

Alfa Romeo.

Blimy! Who manufactured the engine?!"

Alfa Romeo did.

It's such a good engine that Fiat, Saab, Vauxhall all use a variant of it.

over a year ago

Why?

Because Honda

Why....

Alfa Romeo.

You can have your 400ftlbs...it's the audio that counts for me

New 3000watt RMS amp and I'll break 145dB

Although I did go to buy the new type R, however at 23 insurance still presents a significant problem age discrimination at its finest "

Mine has 1000w Bose as standard which is plenty for me. I did lift the interior carpets and lay dynamat what made a significant improvement.

By *olgateMan
over a year ago

on the road to nowhere in particular

I get a good deal from my supplier on Michelin which is handy as they are my preferred tyre.

Had a Michelin on the front of my motorcycle and a Chen shying on the rear. I didn't really mind the sliding on the rear as long as the front stayed planted.

C...

over a year ago

Why?

Because Honda

Why....

Alfa Romeo.

Blimy! Who manufactured the engine?!

Alfa Romeo did.

It's such a good engine that Fiat, Saab, Vauxhall all use a variant of it."

Nice work! What is it?

over a year ago

I'm going for Michelin Cross climate all season tyres. Designed for British style temp variations including light snow.

As to budget get the best you can afford. Your life and that of others depends on it.

over a year ago

I was getting about that out of my 235x35x19 Michelin Pilots but they were stretched on 12j rims and on the rear was running 8 degrees of negative camber on my Lexis Gs300.

Worst tyre wear was 3 miles out of 215x40x18 Advan Neovas on my S14a on a track day.

Always use black circles site for tyres and my mate fits them for free

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

When I was driving a car it was price, but on ma bikes it was always brand, mostly Pirelli Phantoms or Metzelers depending on the bike

over a year ago

I get mine from Asda and go middle of the road lol

over a year ago

Get your self on black circles on the internet cheapest place for tyres I find

over a year ago

Perrelli angel gt on most of my bikes