Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Should the minimum age be higher?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I'm in two minds about whether the minimum age should be higher Ie 21 instead of 18. And yes I realise people could just lie about their age. I thought it would make for an interesting discussion.

I'm on the fence.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *radleyandRavenCouple
over a year ago

Herts

For Fab or...?

over a year ago

"For Fab or...?"

Oh sorry yes I mean on fab lol

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

It's a legal age so, no.

There are plenty of filters in place people can use.

over a year ago

No

over a year ago

"No"
i second that

By *om and JennieCouple
over a year ago

Chams or Socials

Not when the legal age of consent is 16

over a year ago

My main issue with the lower age is exploitation especially when you see a couple where one is 18 with a guy in his 40s or 50s. But I guess that could happen even at 21.

over a year ago

Because we can set age filters I don't think it matters.

over a year ago

"My main issue with the lower age is exploitation especially when you see a couple where one is 18 with a guy in his 40s or 50s. But I guess that could happen even at 21."

Couples don't tend to have met on here though.

They usually join together.

over a year ago

Also usually in those relationships it's the old guy being exploited lol

over a year ago

I wasn't ready for this until my late 30s.

Sexual and emotional maturity isn't necessarily linked to age.

over a year ago

"I wasn't ready for this until my late 30s.

Sexual and emotional maturity isn't necessarily linked to age. "

This ^^

over a year ago

Why does it matter to you op?

over a year ago

"My main issue with the lower age is exploitation especially when you see a couple where one is 18 with a guy in his 40s or 50s. But I guess that could happen even at 21.

Couples don't tend to have met on here though.

They usually join together."

great pics mmm drools

over a year ago

"I'm in two minds about whether the minimum age should be higher Ie 21 instead of 18. And yes I realise people could just lie about their age. I thought it would make for an interesting discussion.

I'm on the fence."

Yes I would but then I'd like to see the minimum age of most things go up.

over a year ago

Not really. I've indulged with ladies who were 18 with a surprisingly mature outlook and those who were a couple of decades older than me who were eager, playful and fun.

Some 18 year olds I would view as being too young, due to their outlook and way they carry themselves so I wouldn't find them attractive, the same as some a lot older than me, but a blanket rule couldn't fit every individual.

There's also couples on here where the woman is a good deal older than the man. If it works for them in both instances then I don't see any harm in it.

By *irtyGirlWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

I've seen people at 18 with more maturity than people in their 30's and 40's so it very much depends on the individual. Age gaps in couples don't bother me provided they're legal and consenting.

over a year ago

"I've seen people at 18 with more maturity than people in their 30's and 40's so it very much depends on the individual. Age gaps in couples don't bother me provided they're legal and consenting. "

This

By *oward1978Man
over a year ago

Rotherham

"My main issue with the lower age is exploitation especially when you see a couple where one is 18 with a guy in his 40s or 50s. But I guess that could happen even at 21."

It's funny how when someone sees a really young woman with an older guy they automatically think she must be being exploited. But when it's a young guy with an older woman no-one says a word. They may actually be genuinely attracted to each other or even in love. It's impossible to know about peoples feelings for each other just by looking at their relative ages.

As already has been said, someone's age has no bearing on their sexual maturity or what they look for in a mate or what kind of sex they're looking for. Everybody's different.

By *inaTitzTV/TS
over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

I'm not sure it matters as long as the person joining at 18 is mature enough to cope with this and there is no element of doing it just to please a partner, etc.

Although to be honest, I find the number of 18 year old ladies who are on here and have every interest ticked, who want to do GGG stuff, gangbangs and everything else to be astonishing

over a year ago

"Why does it matter to you op? "

Just curious to hear others thoughts! Plus I'm at work and bored

over a year ago

Yes increase the minimum age. Join the military and be given charge of firearms at 16, cannot buy alcohol for 5 more years. What's the point?

over a year ago

It should be enough so that people can live, and not have to rely on Tax Credits to make ends meet, that's what the Tories need to get into their thick skulls, if they want to do away with Tax credits, make sure people are paid a decent wage in the first place.

over a year ago

I think I know who you're on about

over a year ago

"It should be enough so that people can live, and not have to rely on Tax Credits to make ends meet, that's what the Tories need to get into their thick skulls, if they want to do away with Tax credits, make sure people are paid a decent wage in the first place."

Huh?

over a year ago

"My main issue with the lower age is exploitation especially when you see a couple where one is 18 with a guy in his 40s or 50s. But I guess that could happen even at 21.

I think I know who you're on about "

Lol!

over a year ago

"It should be enough so that people can live, and not have to rely on Tax Credits to make ends meet, that's what the Tories need to get into their thick skulls, if they want to do away with Tax credits, make sure people are paid a decent wage in the first place.

Huh? "

over a year ago

"I've seen people at 18 with more maturity than people in their 30's"

You're talking about me aren't you?

over a year ago

"It should be enough so that people can live, and not have to rely on Tax Credits to make ends meet, that's what the Tories need to get into their thick skulls, if they want to do away with Tax credits, make sure people are paid a decent wage in the first place.

Huh?

"

Lol I just realised he read it as wage not age

By *olarfoxMan
over a year ago

North Cambs

"I'm in two minds about whether the minimum age should be higher Ie 21 instead of 18. And yes I realise people could just lie about their age. I thought it would make for an interesting discussion.

I'm on the fence."

I'm not sure about this...I did find myself in bed with a 20 year old (nearly 21 ) very recently (though not off fab) and I wasn't at all sure that it was quite 'right'...having said this she was entirely sure that it was, so I kind of relaxed....

over a year ago

Huh?

Lol I just realised he read it as wage not age "

Oh dear, I'd best have a lay down, please don't tell anyone.

over a year ago

I know ... I hate it when teenagers exploit me

over a year ago

Lol! "

Pathetic

By *olarfoxMan
over a year ago

North Cambs

I know ... I hate it when teenagers exploit me "

In fact that's kind of how it felt when this 20 year old threw herself at me the other Friday night...poor defenceless, middle aged man that I am...well to that kind of assault anyway...

By *izzabelle and well hungCouple
over a year ago

Edinburgh.

No that dosnt work for us. Was bad enough waiting till she was 18 to come on here and go to clubs. 21 would have been silly. Waiting till 2018!!!

To much nanny state as it is.

over a year ago

That's none of your business though. If they are happy, let them carry on.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I've seen women in their fifties being exploited on here and elsewhere in life and I've seen fifty year old men exploited by 18 year old women and men.

over a year ago

They can sign up and die for their country at 16 - let them have a little fun beforehand!

over a year ago

Lol!

Pathetic "

Why is it LOL and PATHETIC

over a year ago

Lol!

Pathetic

Why is it LOL and PATHETIC "

Christ that's a scary avatar. Lol

Just messing about. Don't worry

over a year ago

you can stand on a battlefield defending your country and a certain way off life so i think that its all good on fab, 18-80 age gaps who is bothered its all about like minded people having consenting adult fun

over a year ago

other sites like the fishy one are 18 so I guess there is no reason for it to be any older.

I didn't realise the min age for the swiping datiing app was only 13, same as FB. Although under 18 they can only contact the same age group.

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

No. If they can give up their lives for my country and my own benefit, I'm happy sharing Fab with them. Filters are free to use.

over a year ago

"No that dosnt work for us. Was bad enough waiting till she was 18 to come on here and go to clubs. 21 would have been silly. Waiting till 2018!!!

To much nanny state as it is. "

Lol I'm guessing you've been together a while then

over a year ago

So I was involved in 'exploitation' when at 42, I embarked a relationship with an 18 year old ?

Thanks for your casual objectification on a relationship that incidentally remains strong to this day.

over a year ago

I think the minimum IQ should be higher.

By *arry247Couple
over a year ago

Wakefield

I'm on the fence."

No people at 18 are old enough to fight for us and get killed so why should they not be allowed to enjoy themselves

over a year ago

I see your point there can be exploitive relationships with ages and it works up as well as down the age gap.

However once people are 18 its up them as adults to make those choices and learn those lessons.

Everyone matures at a different rate and I'd say fab can help with that as its not really about relationships more sexual empowerment id say.

I personally was mature enough I'd say by late 18 to handle this and I kinda wish I had known relationships weren't the only option at the time xx

over a year ago

"I see your point there can be exploitive relationships with ages and it works up as well as down the age gap.

However once people are 18 its up them as adults to make those choices and learn those lessons.

Everyone matures at a different rate and I'd say fab can help with that as its not really about relationships more sexual empowerment id say.

I personally was mature enough I'd say by late 18 to handle this and I kinda wish I had known relationships weren't the only option at the time xx"

I guess my own past has influenced my feelings on it. At 18 I was easily influenced. In fact I got pressured into marriage at that very age.

over a year ago

I'm on the fence.

No people at 18 are old enough to fight for us and get killed so why should they not be allowed to enjoy themselves"

I see your point. I was posing the question not necessarily saying that is what fab should do!

By *oxy_minxWoman
over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

"I think the minimum IQ should be higher."

I'd agree with you there

By *olarfoxMan
over a year ago

North Cambs

"I think the minimum IQ should be higher.

I'd agree with you there "

What's IQ mean please....

By *oxy_minxWoman
over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

I'd agree with you there

What's IQ mean please.... "

Intelligence quotient

over a year ago

"I see your point there can be exploitive relationships with ages and it works up as well as down the age gap.

I personally was mature enough I'd say by late 18 to handle this and I kinda wish I had known relationships weren't the only option at the time xx

I guess my own past has influenced my feelings on it. At 18 I was easily influenced. In fact I got pressured into marriage at that very age. "

. That's understandable were all influenced by our experiences. That's what's great about fab learning other people's stories

over a year ago

Haha me too!

over a year ago

I didn't lose my v plates til I was almost 18. I only became a slut in my 30s

over a year ago

"For Fab or...?

Oh sorry yes I mean on fab lol"

No ... see no reason why it should

over a year ago

Doesn't bother me as when I'm accepting messages I have age filters set anyway.

If a guy doesn't remember shows like round the twist, knightmare or krypton factor then they're too young for me, wouldn't have much in common.

By *L RogueMan
over a year ago

London

Nah. That's what filters are for.

over a year ago

Is an 18 year old mature enough for this place probably bearing in mind he or she is sewing their oats which after all is what you are all doing !!

By *ack LondonMan
over a year ago

London

As a mature, I'm seeking mature. People happy in their own skin.

Youth does have its attractions, but the pretty girl of eighteen won't really have much to say. And when it comes to sex experienced and mature is always best. Give me 40 plus every time.

over a year ago

It would have to be fairly simple though, like sticking a shape into the correct hole for instance.

Anything harder and there'd be nobody left on the site.

By *oxy_minxWoman
over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

I'd agree with you there

It would have to be fairly simple though, like sticking a shape into the correct hole for instance.

Anything harder and there'd be nobody left on the site. "

Oi! Speak for your bloody self!

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

A large age difference does not automatically mean exploitation

over a year ago

I'd agree with you there

Interesting comments to make after attempting to brag about your IQ just a day or two ago.

over a year ago

Another vote for saying that emotional maturity and being taken advantage of is not linked to age. Me and the Mrs have talked about our lower age limit and for me it comes down to the person rather than the number, although 18 would be a bit odd so I'd probably set mine to 20.

I also wonder whether young people (18-25) have their heads screwed on more about sex in a way, treating it more lightly and having fun with it... so they might actually be more mature about NSA stuff than the 25-35 set. Just a thought

over a year ago

"Interesting comments to make after attempting to brag about your IQ just a day or two ago."

Quite flattered that you find my posts interesting enough to remember for several days.

Are you stalking me?

over a year ago

Oh, and I didn't "attempt to brag", I actually did brag. Seriously man, learn the language or gtfo!

over a year ago

I'd agree with you there

Can't for the life of me see why you stay on here. Unless you have a superiority complex

over a year ago

Legal age of consent is 16 so why does fab discriminate and set an age limit of 18?

By *r an Mrs xMan
over a year ago

liverpool

Running a club you'll be surprised how many 50s / 60s. Hot grannies bring in a 18-25 year old

over a year ago

"Can't for the life of me see why you stay on here."

Nor can I actually

over a year ago

Phew! Thought at first it was minimum height and got worried there.

over a year ago

"Can't for the life of me see why you stay on here.

Nor can I actually "

I just (sob) wanted to mark this moment of tragic UNLOS. He was a much loved man, whose tenderness was eclipsed only by his ego. He may not have said much. And he may have only been on the site long enough to figure out what a twat he was being. But his endearing personality shall be sorely missed.

A service shall be held later today and I welcome any eulogies. I didn't know him well. In fact I didn't know him at all. But I'm pretty sure he was a man.

By *hole Lotta RosieWoman
over a year ago

Deviant City

"Can't for the life of me see why you stay on here.

Nor can I actually

I just (sob) wanted to mark this moment of tragic UNLOS. He was a much loved man, whose tenderness was eclipsed only by his ego. He may not have said much. And he may have only been on the site long enough to figure out what a twat he was being. But his endearing personality shall be sorely missed.

A service shall be held later today and I welcome any eulogies. I didn't know him well. In fact I didn't know him at all. But I'm pretty sure he was a man. "

Who was it?

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 21/10/15 02:49:49]

over a year ago

Nothing worth rising to.

By *xyzptlk088Man
over a year ago

Galway

I'm on the fence."

you're lucky them legs are as long as they are or that fence would be pretty sore

over a year ago

"Legal age of consent is 16 so why does fab discriminate and set an age limit of 18?

"

every1 neeeds there fun

Post new Message to Thread