Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Halloween

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Call me old fashioned but I get really peed off about the whole pumpkin and trick or treat thing. What was wrong with turnip lanterns? Ennyhoo. On the night when the little darlings knock at my door I'm going to open it and say 'I'm very pleased you're embracing our American cousins culture so either get off my step or I'll fuckin shoot you!'

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

over a year ago

" "

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

Right ray of sunshine you are...

over a year ago

Trick or treat

By *ola.Woman
over a year ago

Just where I need to be.

So no candy

over a year ago

Are you Baldrick?

By *ammerandthongsCouple
over a year ago

Limerick

Aww but the little ones look adorable in their costumes

over a year ago

Meanie..

over a year ago

I prefer Halloween to Christmas, I'm watching ' Warm Bodies' for the first time, but it will be a day late, I have candles, pumpkin and I'll be dressed as a Vampire, OP beware, lock your windows sunday night.

By *imkev76Couple
over a year ago

GOSPORT

"Right ray of sunshine you are... "

that! Lol

Won't be putting up a German tree at Xmas or anything to do with the American Coca Cola Santa then!

It's all just a bit of fun love

over a year ago

Isn't All Hallows' eve a pagan holiday? Which is older than Christianity and America? Besides most kids only want sweets.

over a year ago

"Right ray of sunshine you are...

that! Lol

Won't be putting up a German tree at Xmas or anything to do with the American Coca Cola Santa then!

It's all just a bit of fun love "

Oh, don't be reasonable. Fuck all that. And why? Because it's American. Enough said.

-Courtney

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 19/10/15 21:49:03]

By *ady LickWoman
over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

Fancy joining in with the Halloween Avatar Challenge??

over a year ago

I luv it. I've already got a skeleton crawling out the ground by my front door and a witch hanging from my front tree!!

By *uzy444Woman
over a year ago

in the suffolk countryside

day of the dead is not just american...and samhain is pagan..same thing as day of the dead...

plus, its my birthday party...nearest weekend and all that....im celebrating cos of the cake and peeps coming...so i shall have a good time no matter what the 'public' holiday..

By *uzy444Woman
over a year ago

"I luv it. I've already got a skeleton crawling out the ground by my front door and a witch hanging from my front tree!! "

hanging witches..thats not a good omen you know..burning them and hanging them...not procedure in this day and age

over a year ago

"day of the dead is not just american...and samhain is pagan..same thing as day of the dead...

plus, its my birthday party...nearest weekend and all that....im celebrating cos of the cake and peeps coming...so i shall have a good time no matter what the 'public' holiday.. "

I don't think he means that Halloween is American. I think he means that this particular way of celebrating is (trick or treat and jack-o-lanterns).

over a year ago

I freakin love Halloween ??

By *uzy444Woman
over a year ago

"day of the dead is not just american...and samhain is pagan..same thing as day of the dead...

plus, its my birthday party...nearest weekend and all that....im celebrating cos of the cake and peeps coming...so i shall have a good time no matter what the 'public' holiday..

I don't think he means that Halloween is American. I think he means that this particular way of celebrating is (trick or treat and jack-o-lanterns). "

be nice to spirit ancestors so they will bless and support your winter and the year ahead, or, dont be thankful, and your winter and life, will be a harsh one..

treat of trick comes from there..xx

pumpkins..harvesting the seeds for next years crop...

not american only principles xx

over a year ago

"I luv it. I've already got a skeleton crawling out the ground by my front door and a witch hanging from my front tree!!

hanging witches..thats not a good omen you know..burning them and hanging them...not procedure in this day and age "

Should I tell ASDA??

over a year ago

I don't think he means that Halloween is American. I think he means that this particular way of celebrating is (trick or treat and jack-o-lanterns).

be nice to spirit ancestors so they will bless and support your winter and the year ahead, or, dont be thankful, and your winter and life, will be a harsh one..

treat of trick comes from there..xx

pumpkins..harvesting the seeds for next years crop...

not american only principles xx"

over a year ago

Maybe just go out for the evening?

By *uzy444Woman
over a year ago

"I luv it. I've already got a skeleton crawling out the ground by my front door and a witch hanging from my front tree!!

hanging witches..thats not a good omen you know..burning them and hanging them...not procedure in this day and age

Should I tell ASDA?? "

i would...

or you may get reported to the RSPCW

geez id love to be fly on the wall at that conversation with the head office bods..a board meeting on bullying withces in the 21st century..witchism.. the new/old hate crime..

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I don't think he means that Halloween is American. I think he means that this particular way of celebrating is (trick or treat and jack-o-lanterns). "

You got it! But did nobody notice the laughing avatar at the end of my op? Lighten up people!

Post new Message to Thread