Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Inane

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Lots of inane threads on here. Who actually enjoys them?

(thread closed by moderator)

Reply privately

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

I enjoy ignoring them

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Look at me!

Reply privately

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

the forums have been fun this afternoon a nice old turn around

Reply privately

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Lots of inane threads on here. Who actually enjoys them? "

The people who respond enjoy them and I don't see that as a problem.

Reply privately

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

one persons 'inane' will be another's favourite..

what do you think, do you enjoy them..?

and anyway just what is inane in your opinion OP..?

Reply privately

over a year ago

I have a look at most threads but don't always comment on them,

If there wasn't a forum on fab I would of left the site ages ago

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I have a look at most threads but don't always comment on them,

If there wasn't a forum on fab I would of left the site ages ago"

Reply privately

over a year ago

That's why I rarely comment on yours

Reply privately

over a year ago

"That's why I rarely comment on yours "

Whose? Mine? Mine are never inane

Reply privately

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

this morning you was complaining about people not being nice, hardly playing nice yourself are you

Reply privately

over a year ago

"this morning you was complaining about people not being nice, hardly playing nice yourself are you"

How do you mean? Not being unpleasant, am I??

Reply privately

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"this morning you was complaining about people not being nice, hardly playing nice yourself are you

How do you mean? Not being unpleasant, am I??"

No you aren't but it seems to me that you're trying to elicit responses that are likely to stir up an argument.

You haven't said what you consider inane, that might be useful to further the discussion.

Reply privately

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

"this morning you was complaining about people not being nice, hardly playing nice yourself are you

How do you mean? Not being unpleasant, am I??"

i think you are yes

Reply privately

By *uxom redCouple
over a year ago

Shrewsbury

"I have a look at most threads but don't always comment on them,

If there wasn't a forum on fab I would of left the site ages ago"

Snap x

Reply privately

over a year ago

No you aren't but it seems to me that you're trying to elicit responses that are likely to stir up an argument.

You haven't said what you consider inane, that might be useful to further the discussion."

Just looked through the threads currently running. Nothing of any substance that I've seen. Not looking for an argument. Just my opinion

Reply privately

over a year ago

How do you mean? Not being unpleasant, am I?? i think you are yes"

Please elucidate

Reply privately

By *irtyGirlWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

It's a public forum and people can post whatever they like as long as they play by the rules.

If you don't want to read a thread, don't read it. I never really understand what there is to gain by posting negative threads moaning about inane threads that are already full of replies... I'm guessing it's subjective all round.

Reply privately

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

You haven't said what you consider inane, that might be useful to further the discussion.

Just looked through the threads currently running. Nothing of any substance that I've seen. Not looking for an argument. Just my opinion "

If you're looking for substance a swinging web site might not be the best place to conduct your search however there is always the option of starting a thread with substance yourself.

Reply privately

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

Just looked through the threads currently running. Nothing of any substance that I've seen. Not looking for an argument. Just my opinion "

thats your opinion.

what was you saying about encouraging people to post this morning? you might think they are inane but lots have been enjoying them and turned the forums round from the miserable place it was earlier.

what if a newbie decided to post saw this thread and thought oh i dont think i will bother now

Reply privately

over a year ago

"It's a public forum and people can post whatever they like as long as they play by the rules.

If you don't want to read a thread, don't read it. I never really understand what there is to gain by posting negative threads moaning about inane threads that are already full of replies... I'm guessing it's subjective all round. "

Guess I was just hoping someone might post a topic interesting to me (and others of a similar mindset to me), is all

Reply privately

over a year ago

in Lancashire

then there is your answer, those that are contributing to the 'nothing of any substance threads'..?

close this one now then..?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Just looked through the threads currently running. Nothing of any substance that I've seen. Not looking for an argument. Just my opinion thats your opinion.

what was you saying about encouraging people to post this morning? you might think they are inane but lots have been enjoying them and turned the forums round from the miserable place it was earlier.

what if a newbie decided to post saw this thread and thought oh i dont think i will bother now"

Why would they think that??

Reply privately

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"It's a public forum and people can post whatever they like as long as they play by the rules.

If you don't want to read a thread, don't read it. I never really understand what there is to gain by posting negative threads moaning about inane threads that are already full of replies... I'm guessing it's subjective all round.

Guess I was just hoping someone might post a topic interesting to me (and others of a similar mindset to me), is all"

What interests you?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Just looked through the threads currently running. Nothing of any substance that I've seen. Not looking for an argument. Just my opinion

then there is your answer, those that are contributing to the 'nothing of any substance threads'..?

close this one now then..?"

If you like

Reply privately

over a year ago

You could always liven things up with a thread of your own.

Reply privately

By *olgateMan
over a year ago

on the road to nowhere in particular

One persons inane is another persons magnum opus

C...

Reply privately

By *irtyGirlWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

Guess I was just hoping someone might post a topic interesting to me (and others of a similar mindset to me), is all"

And because they didn't you're having a moan that there's nothing of substance on the forum?

Maybe watch a documentary or something then start a debate on it? There are always ideas for threads of substance, you just need a little imagination.

I'd guess this isn't gonna be the thread of the night though.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"One persons inane is another persons magnum opus

C..."

I like the Almond Magnums

Oops. ...I am being inane

Reply privately

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"You could always liven things up with a thread of your own."

I've suggested that but the op appears to be selective in who they respond to.

It's like knitting fog

Reply privately

over a year ago

in Lancashire

C..."

that's what i said earlier but you've trumped me on the Greek or is it Latin..

Reply privately

over a year ago

Guess I was just hoping someone might post a topic interesting to me (and others of a similar mindset to me), is all

What interests you?"

Cricket, football, politics, social injustice, the human condition, the economy, the world at large, history, geography, human nature, psychology, sociology etc.

Why?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Stirring again perhaps?

Reply privately

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

C...

that's what i said earlier but you've trumped me on the Greek or is it Latin.. "

It's Walls I think

Reply privately

over a year ago

C...

that's what i said earlier but you've trumped me on the Greek or is it Latin.. "

Latin

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Stirring again perhaps?

"

No. Whom am I stirring? Are you?

Reply privately

over a year ago

in Lancashire

If you like "

by definition its the only 'inane' thread on here, yes?

so surely it goes against that which you think should be running..?

Reply privately

over a year ago

in Lancashire

C...

that's what i said earlier but you've trumped me on the Greek or is it Latin..

It's Walls I think "

double chocolate..?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"You could always liven things up with a thread of your own.

It's like knitting fog "

I have posted lots of threads this past 24 hours

Reply privately

over a year ago

Personally I like the threads on here, yeah there are ones I never look at (like the rugby for instance) as they don't interest me, this can be a really fun and friendly place to be but on the odd occasion it gets a bit heated with such a diverse range of opinions, which is good, if everyone thought the same it would be boring!!

It you see something you like the look of post on it, if not don't. In the words of the meekcat 'simples'

Reply privately

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

What interests you?

Cricket, football, politics, social injustice, the human condition, the economy, the world at large, history, geography, human nature, psychology, sociology etc.

Why? "

Because you said you wanted to see threads on things that interest you. I'm good but I'm not a mind reader.

Reply privately

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

Just looked through the threads currently running. Nothing of any substance that I've seen. Not looking for an argument. Just my opinion thats your opinion.

what if a newbie decided to post saw this thread and thought oh i dont think i will bother now

Why would they think that??"

bcausse by your own admission this morning, people are put off posting in the forum by reading certain threads...perhaps now they feel that their post would be too inane.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Why would they think that??

bcausse by your own admission this morning, people are put off posting in the forum by reading certain threads...perhaps now they feel that their post would be too inane."

Reply privately

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

It's like knitting fog

I have posted lots of threads this past 24 hours"

And have they elicited the response you hoped for? As I said before if the forum doesn't suit you it either isn't the right forum for you or you need to set about changing it. I would say though that you catch more flies with honey than vinegar.

Reply privately

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

I post the most inane threads...do I give a shit an not really I use the forums how I want to and don't really take much notice of random strangers suggesting I post differently because they find the post inane...

Reply privately

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

think the op has found his thread to inane to post on

Reply privately

over a year ago

It's like knitting fog

And have they elicited the response you hoped for? As I said before if the forum doesn't suit you it either isn't the right forum for you or you need to set about changing it. I would say though that you catch more flies with honey than vinegar."

Have to stay true to your beliefs though

Reply privately

over a year ago

"think the op has found his thread to inane to post on "

Ironic lol

Was just trying to encourage people to post interesting topics, stimulating interesting debate, is all

Anyone have any ideas?

Reply privately

over a year ago

It's like knitting fog "

We are the invisible people

Reply privately

over a year ago

If you like

"

No. Thought most threads running looked inane

Reply privately

over a year ago

Well judging by how many posts on them...Lots of people enjoy them.

So possibly they are only inane in your opinion?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Hang around till 11pm I start the most inane thread on the forum

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Hang around till 11pm I start the most inane thread on the forum "

But you do it so well

Reply privately

over a year ago

"think the op has found his thread to inane to post on

Ironic lol

Was just trying to encourage people to post interesting topics, stimulating interesting debate, is all

Anyone have any ideas? "

Yes, post yourself on a subject you find interesting and try and engage people that way, instead of belittling the majority of existing threads, and by extension, the posters who contribute to them. You're alienating yourself with a sneery and superior attitude.

Reply privately

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

Why not start a thread of interest to you? As I don't know your mindset or what interests you I am unlikely to start a thread specifically to aid your amusement.

I enjoy a bit of inane alongside more serious topics.

Reply privately

over a year ago

in Lancashire

If you like

No. Thought most threads running looked inane"

So ironically you started an inane thread..

you could have just started one that you and others of similar mindset would find interesting or of substance..

did you not think of that?

Reply privately

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

"think the op has found his thread to inane to post on

Ironic lol

Anyone have any ideas?

Yes, post yourself on a subject you find interesting and try and engage people that way, instead of belittling the majority of existing threads, and by extension, the posters who contribute to them. You're alienating yourself with a sneery and superior attitude."

Maybe they just want to stir the pot...

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Hang around till 11pm I start the most inane thread on the forum "
i don't know mate. My morning thread will push it for Inaness ( is that even a word ) ?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Hang around till 11pm I start the most inane thread on the forum i don't know mate. My morning thread will push it for Inaness ( is that even a word ) ? "

No but it is now

Reply privately

over a year ago

In the interests of introducing a thought provoking topic, I have posted a new thread. Please feel free to read between the lines (the more prescient of you)....

Reply privately

By *entaur_UKMan
over a year ago

Cannock

It's like knitting fog

And have they elicited the response you hoped for? As I said before if the forum doesn't suit you it either isn't the right forum for you or you need to set about changing it. I would say though that you catch more flies with honey than vinegar."

One persons honey is another persons vinegar....

Reply privately

over a year ago

Really?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Hang around till 11pm I start the most inane thread on the forum i don't know mate. My morning thread will push it for Inaness ( is that even a word ) ?

No but it is now "

all the kids will be using it now , I'm a trend setter

Reply privately

over a year ago

"this morning you was complaining about people not being nice, hardly playing nice yourself are you"

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Hang around till 11pm I start the most inane thread on the forum

But you do it so well "

So inane it sends me too sleep everynight reminds me is it 11pm yet so I can be inane with you

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Hang around till 11pm I start the most inane thread on the forum i don't know mate. My morning thread will push it for Inaness ( is that even a word ) ? "

Inane thread fwiends

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Hang around till 11pm I start the most inane thread on the forum i don't know mate. My morning thread will push it for Inaness ( is that even a word ) ?

Inane thread fwiends "

we is

Reply privately

over a year ago

But you do it so well

So inane it sends me too sleep everynight reminds me is it 11pm yet so I can be inane with you "

You just need patience*

(*Copyright Shagtonight)

Reply privately

over a year ago

Inane thread fwiends we is "

Hang on...are we making this thread even more inanerer? (is that even a word )

Reply privately

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

"In the interests of introducing a thought provoking topic, I have posted a new thread. Please feel free to read between the lines (the more prescient of you)...."

You post a thread but then segregate the non prescient posters...hardly fair is it really

Reply privately

over a year ago

But you do it so well

So inane it sends me too sleep everynight reminds me is it 11pm yet so I can be inane with you

You just need patience*

(*Copyright Shagtonight)"

Haha, sadly something I am lacking in tonight

Reply privately

over a year ago

I'm out, sorry OP but I personally think you are just trolls looking for trouble.

Even on my thread about the big boobed love in, everyone was being all friendly and you were the only ones to put a comment about whether you were allowed to say you liked curvy women.

It was a snide comment based on another thread and was there to cause trouble.

Reply privately

over a year ago

OP why not let the wife post for a change...

Reply privately

over a year ago

Inane thread fwiends we is

Hang on...are we making this thread even more inanerer? (is that even a word )"

well I think you are the inanerist ( this could go forever )

Reply privately

over a year ago

But you do it so well

You just need patience*

(*Copyright Shagtonight)

Haha, sadly something I am lacking in tonight "

Not long now till inane o'clock time

Reply privately

over a year ago

in Lancashire

"In the interests of introducing a thought provoking topic, I have posted a new thread. Please feel free to read between the lines (the more prescient of you)...."

tried to but it got pulled..?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Inane thread fwiends we is

Hang on...are we making this thread even more inanerer? (is that even a word ) well I think you are the inanerist ( this could go forever ) "

Careful you don't want to be accused of inaniarism

I'll get my coat

Reply privately

By *irtyGirlWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

And on that note... let's leave it there.

Reply privately