Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Photographer's

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Hi I'm looking for help with photography, I'd love to be able to take good pics. I have a good camera I think but never know what setting to put it at to get the good pic. Anyone any advice?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Hi I'm looking for help with photography, I'd love to be able to take good pics. I have a good camera I think but never know what setting to put it at to get the good pic. Anyone any advice?"

YouTube is great

over a year ago

"Hi I'm looking for help with photography, I'd love to be able to take good pics. I have a good camera I think but never know what setting to put it at to get the good pic. Anyone any advice?"

too big a subject to give instructions on here. Join a camera club or sign up to a course at your local college. But first, read the manual.

By *iamondjoeMan
over a year ago

Glastonbury

"Hi I'm looking for help with photography, I'd love to be able to take good pics. I have a good camera I think but never know what setting to put it at to get the good pic. Anyone any advice?

too big a subject to give instructions on here. Join a camera club or sign up to a course at your local college. But first, read the manual. "

"Always read the instructions, even if you don't follow them"

By *ust_for_laughsCouple
over a year ago

Hinckley

Learn about the relationship between ISO, shutter speed and aperture.

Learn about depth of field.

Learn about using light to your advantage.

Develop an eye for composition (even if it's just cropping a badly composed image in Photoshop)

RTFM for your camera.

Don't be afraid to experiment.

Don't succumb to selective colour.

And finally, just because it's black and white, it doesn't make it 'art'.

over a year ago

"Hi I'm looking for help with photography, I'd love to be able to take good pics. I have a good camera I think but never know what setting to put it at to get the good pic. Anyone any advice?

YouTube is great"

over a year ago

too big a subject to give instructions on here. Join a camera club or sign up to a course at your local college. But first, read the manual. "

Thank u

over a year ago

too big a subject to give instructions on here. Join a camera club or sign up to a course at your local college. But first, read the manual.

"Always read the instructions, even if you don't follow them""

Thanks a million

over a year ago

"Learn about the relationship between ISO, shutter speed and aperture.

Learn about depth of field.

Learn about using light to your advantage.

Develop an eye for composition (even if it's just cropping a badly composed image in Photoshop)

RTFM for your camera.

Don't be afraid to experiment.

Don't succumb to selective colour.

And finally, just because it's black and white, it doesn't make it 'art'."

Thank u very much x

By *LCCCouple
over a year ago

Cambridge

Its not a great camera that makes great photos, its the photographer.

Its like having a fantastic meal and then telling the chef they must have a brilliant cooker.

over a year ago

As the others have said , it is a massive subject. Just stick your camera on "P", which is usually automatic, and you shouldn't go too wrong to start with.

By *sianmale89Man
over a year ago

Stockport

OP has some nice pictures indeed ....

now that I have gotten that off my chest I would perhaps suggest contacting some one professional or asking a trusted friend/acquaintance to help you out..

By *ikki ShooterTV/TS
over a year ago

Epsom

P is programme. Like auto but you can change settings. Learn to use av (appiture priority) great for portrait photography.

over a year ago

Trial and error, mess about with your camera, with time you learn and pick up your own style. To me its lighting, any photo, lighting sets the mood. Most important thing is to enjoy and have fun with your camera

By *helbeeCouple
over a year ago

Nuneaton

Its about getting used to your camera an settings

an just play about with it

i take my own pics my camera on self timer an a camera tripod an i photo edit them myself

my advice lately have fun

strike a pose

over a year ago

"Its about getting used to your camera an settings

an just play about with it

i take my own pics my camera on self timer an a camera tripod an i photo edit them myself

my advice lately have fun

strike a pose

Thank u for ur comment. What u use to edit them?

"

By *eavenNhellCouple
over a year ago

carrbrook stalybridge

Join a camera club or one of your local Facebook photography groups learned a hell of a lot that way myself never be afraid to experiment try starting with camera on auto view the settings switch to manual and use what you have seen as a starting point then experiment from there and most of all shoot shoot shoot the more pics you take the more you will learn

over a year ago

"Join a camera club or one of your local Facebook photography groups learned a hell of a lot that way myself never be afraid to experiment try starting with camera on auto view the settings switch to manual and use what you have seen as a starting point then experiment from there and most of all shoot shoot shoot the more pics you take the more you will learn "

Never knew there was Facebook groups. Thank u

By *dam_TinaCouple
over a year ago

Hampshire

There's an online forum called talk photography. Hopefully I'm not breaking any rules posting that.

You'll get all the help and information you need there

over a year ago

"There's an online forum called talk photography. Hopefully I'm not breaking any rules posting that.

You'll get all the help and information you need there "

Thank u. Do I just google it?

over a year ago

I'd like to recommend a book for you to read, it's called Understanding Exposure by Bryan Peterson. He discusses his concepts and approach to photography and it is a pretty good read, and will hopefully give you the confidence to get out there and practice

over a year ago

"I'd like to recommend a book for you to read, it's called Understanding Exposure by Bryan Peterson. He discusses his concepts and approach to photography and it is a pretty good read, and will hopefully give you the confidence to get out there and practice "

Thanks a million il look it up

Post new Message to Thread