Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Tiny Christmas Cards

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

We've more than our quota of these fookin cheapskate things this year. Are people just getting more miserly?

You know, the tiny credit card sized Xmas cards people send out.

The postie has just dumped another one through our front door and Siren raced out to the hallway to retrieve it. When she came back with it I couldn't resist asking her, "So, who's insulting us this time honey?"

If ya gonna send us a card make it worth more than the fookin stamp used to send it!!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *he_original_poloWoman
over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

I am so sorry to have to tell you this Wishy... they are not Christams cards, they are gift tags and the postman has just nicked your prezzies.

over a year ago

"I am so sorry to have to tell you this Wishy... they are not Christams cards, they are gift tags and the postman has just nicked your prezzies."

You mean the ones he's deliberately left behind and posts a 'come and get ya fookin parcel' note through the door?

By *irtyGirlWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

I made my Christmas cards... I did find some little dinky envelopes so I made some little dinky cards.

over a year ago

"I made my Christmas cards... I did find some little dinky envelopes so I made some little dinky cards. "

See. You're either a fookin cheapskate, or a Blue Peter viewer!

By *irtyGirlWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

"I made my Christmas cards... I did find some little dinky envelopes so I made some little dinky cards.

See. You're either a fookin cheapskate, or a Blue Peter viewer! "

Neither... I made normal size ones but I had five little envelopes so I made the same card only smaller.

There's nothing cheap about making your own cards... costs me a fortune and every year I say I'm gonna just buy them next year!!

over a year ago

You know I'm only joking right?

I don't mind the home made ones at all, it shows some thought has gone into it, but these tiny little things are just plain annoying as most of the 'envelope' has to hold pretty much all the gum to seal the thing and then you can't get it open without damaging the card. If I get my hands on it before siren does I usually just chuck it in the bin without even trying to open the darn thing.

over a year ago

Plus they make the string on the wall for pegging all our cards to look uneven. Stoopid things.

By *irtyGirlWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

"You know I'm only joking right?

I don't mind the home made ones at all, it shows some thought has gone into it, but these tiny little things are just plain annoying as most of the 'envelope' has to hold pretty much all the gum to seal the thing and then you can't get it open without damaging the card. If I get my hands on it before siren does I usually just chuck it in the bin without even trying to open the darn thing."

*giggles*

Yeah I know you're only joking bozo!

I only used the little ones to people I was gonna give them to. I think sending that size of card to someone in the post is daft. And I'm quite glad I did make em... one of the partners at work has commissioned me to make his 40th birthday invitations! Score!

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Ahh,,, but just think of that warm fuzzy glow you feel inside receiving a card from someone who’s initiative this year was to send smaller cheaper cards and donate the difference in cost and postage charges to charitable ventures on your behalf……

Awwww its Christmas,,,,,and the world is once again filled with love, peace and harmony....sigh

Oh yeah...oh yeah.... oh yeah,,,,

By *unky monkeyMan
over a year ago

in the night garden

I love tiny Christmas cards. I put them all up on my mantelpiece and imagine I am a giant with lot's of normal sized human friends.

over a year ago

"We've more than our quota of these fookin cheapskate things this year. Are people just getting more miserly?

You know, the tiny credit card sized Xmas cards people send out.

The postie has just dumped another one through our front door and Siren raced out to the hallway to retrieve it. When she came back with it I couldn't resist asking her, "So, who's insulting us this time honey?"

If ya gonna send us a card make it worth more than the fookin stamp used to send it!! "

Yerrr agree...i got a little one

cards are the same size though

over a year ago

"I love tiny Christmas cards. I put them all up on my mantelpiece and imagine I am a giant with lot's of normal sized human friends."
xxx

Post new Message to Thread