By *mumaWoman
over a year ago

Livingston

and what's he done?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *nvictusMan
over a year ago

Beeston

Don't tell me, he did a 'look at me' thread! Silly bugger!

By *heAddamsCouple
over a year ago

corbridge

No.

And neither can the rest of his sad sorry excuse for a political party.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

He'll survive. The coalition is in deep water as it is and it can't afford to lose a leading Liberal without risking a vote of no confidence. There are hardline Tories who never wanted the coalition and would have preferred to rule by minority and I'm sure they'd relish in Cable going and forcing a coalition split. Cameron & Clegg can't let Cable go and survive intact, they know it - and so does Cable I suspect, which is why he said what he said.

By *erekduvallCouple
over a year ago

swansea

Is another tosser, politicians they will never learn or change

over a year ago

I have to admit…. Taking all political allegiance aside,,, I always felt Vince seemed like pretty decent sort of bloke….

Nevertheless, no matter what his reasoning is behind the comments he’s made…. Ultimately the public interest can not possibly be best served with any further political uncertainty at this present time…..

ffs one step forward two back…..…

History always proves its those at the top who are cushioned from the effects of dramatic change's Its those people who hurt least when upheaval rains its hardship upon the rest of us minions due in no small part to the direct consequence of self centered decisions made by a detached top down management supposedly acting in our best interest ……

By *unky monkeyMan
over a year ago

in the night garden

It was a little naive of him, not something I associate with him, he is a proper politician not like the light weight poster boys Cameron and Clegg.

Of all of the cables he is my favourite second only to USB.

over a year ago

I think he may have let it slip on purpose to show the Lib Dem supporters that they are not just been passive perhaps.

He did say something along the lines of a "nuclear option", which was very dangerous and could sink the government. They always seem to miss of the second part of the quote:

“Can I be very frank with you, and I am not expecting you to quote this outside. I have a nuclear option; it’s like fighting a war. They know I have nuclear weapons, but I don’t have any conventional weapons. If they push me too far then I can walk out and bring the Government down and they know that.

“So it is a question of how you use that intelligently without getting involved in a war that destroys all of us. That is quite a difficult position to be in and I am picking my fights. Some of which you may have seen.”

By *aucy3Couple
over a year ago

glasgow

if vince cable,was the leader of any of,the three main parties.i would vote for that party.so i would be more than surprised,if this was a gaff,and not more, a bit of political manoevering.

to many people,in the coalition.from both parties,are more than uncomfortable,with the pact,for it to last.i think vince cable,will be the main instigator,in its demise.sooner rather than later.

over a year ago

Aha...

I knows now..he was on five news.

over a year ago

"He's been rather foolish.

Can he survive?"

We had him round here the other weekend. Please don't tell The Sun though! lol