Back to The Lounge

Purely Social / Meet Night?

Jump to newest

By *J Q OP   Man
over a year ago

durham

Hi all,

I am looking for some seasoned advice?

I am a DJ and have joined my local club, which is fantastic and a pleasure to attend and it gave me an idea...

My friend has a very nice pub venue in Sunderland with a private room and we were thinking of putting on a regular midweek Swing Social / Meet Night with a DJ (me) for swingers to come and meet in a social atmosphere and then go elsewhere to play... Advertised on sites such as this, so a closed community type announcement, so no snoopies type thing.

Obviously there would be a cover charge of about £3 each or a couple for a fiver type thing... I think this is reasonable?

What do you think, would it work ~ would you attend and try it if you had one local to you?

The fact there is no play facilities on site would that put you off?

Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Sean (DJ Cue)

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

It wouldn't stay snoopless for long.

By *randmrsfreakyCouple
over a year ago

alfreton near chesterfield

i think socials are a good no pressure way of meeting likeminded people, not sure how midweek would fit in with people though, things like work and kids may restrict, it would for us

By *ummy mummyWoman
over a year ago

southampton-ish

"Hi all,

I am looking for some seasoned advice?

I am a DJ and have joined my local club, which is fantastic and a pleasure to attend and it gave me an idea...

My friend has a very nice pub venue in Sunderland with a private room and we were thinking of putting on a regular midweek Swing Social / Meet Night with a DJ (me) for swingers to come and meet in a social atmosphere and then go elsewhere to play... Advertised on sites such as this, so a closed community type announcement, so no snoopies type thing.

Obviously there would be a cover charge of about £3 each or a couple for a fiver type thing... I think this is reasonable?

What do you think, would it work ~ would you attend and try it if you had one local to you?

The fact there is no play facilities on site would that put you off?

Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Sean (DJ Cue)"

you will find that there are a few social events that do already go on and as they are social events, no playing so I could see it being a good idea. Personally, I don't think that I would go to an organised one local to me as if it is a regular thing word could get out and no one in my "regular" life knows that I swing. Last social I went to was in Cannock and I live near southampton...lol

By *ummy mummyWoman
over a year ago

southampton-ish

ahh...yes, forgot about the mid week thing...as a single mum could never attend such a thing due to lack of childcare

By *J Q OP   Man
over a year ago

durham

Thanks guys and girls, I know what you mean about midweek, was thinking about a Thursday or something... Just my local club has events on at the weekend and I wouldnt want to tread on their toes... They lovely people...

By *J Q OP   Man
over a year ago

durham

Was thinkin about a good name like Xcite?

Any other suggestions greatly received??

;-)

By *irtyGirlWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

"Was thinkin about a good name like Xcite?

Any other suggestions greatly received??

;-)"

Definitely won't stay snoopless for long with such a curious name!

over a year ago

How much do you pay for my consultancy ?

By *umpkinMan
over a year ago

near the sounds of the wimborne quarter jack!

[Removed by poster at 20/12/10 20:29:08]

By *umpkinMan
over a year ago

I think a weekly event will be too much. I reckon a monthly event would be much better.

By *J Q OP   Man
over a year ago

durham

Will about seven inches do it!! lol!!

By *J Q OP   Man
over a year ago

durham

You may be right... I will try it!! Maybe we could do one at The Dormers in Wimborne!!

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

I admire your pluck but I just don't think midweek would really be feasable....

a lot of people like to make an event of a social.. so the going down, the hotels, the meeting of people from all around the country ect ect.....

over a year ago

going down on who ?

By *umpkinMan
over a year ago

"You may be right... I will try it!! Maybe we could do one at The Dormers in Wimborne!!"

Won`t be able to do that anymore ..... because it`s now called the Olive Branch and is much more of an eatery than a pub now!

By *harpDressed ManMan
over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

The more socials the better, but ditch the DJ - people need to be able to hear themselves talk...

By *ummy mummyWoman
over a year ago

southampton-ish

"The more socials the better, but ditch the DJ - people need to be able to hear themselves talk..."

I only found my voice about a week after the halloween one...lol

Post new Message to Thread