Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

brrrr its cold outside

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

wow how cold is it ..

we live in a village that has no mains gas so the residents either have oil or tank gas.

well just noticed we are running very very low , so have rang round a few companies (well all of the local ones to us) to get a price and delivery date. 1 company said it is taking them an hour to ring customers back just with a quote and wouldn't even tell me if they could deliver before xmas until i had a quote. they rang me back 3 hrs later lol and over £70 dearer than the company who i managed to get some oil from,who cannot deliver until sometime after the week commencing 4th jan but at least i know have some oil on its way .

really dont know how these companies can justify such a big price difference in a litre of oil. i paid 66pence per litre but other companies are charging upto 76 pence( well thats the highest i found)

does everyone else shop around or do you just stay loyal to the same company time after time.

j

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

to conserve on fuel you should suggest gatherings round peoples houses etc so only a few houses need to be heated - great way to get to know your neighbours

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I pay into a budget scheme which is paying more interest to me than the bank does!

Has the bonus that I never get a nasty bill come tank filling time, and I can still haggle over price.

Check out boilerjuice.com to check prices.

over a year ago

the community center in our village tried that lol.

they decided to open for all the residents ( was mainly aimed at the elders of the village) so they had somewhere to go that was warm and welcoming . even had people willing to collect those that could get there , but unfortunately no one was interested,

everyone just keeps themselves to themselves . a bit sad really

ah well you cant win them all.

over a year ago

"I pay into a budget scheme which is paying more interest to me than the bank does!

Has the bonus that I never get a nasty bill come tank filling time, and I can still haggle over price.

Check out boilerjuice.com to check prices.

"

we have in the past used comparison sites to find the cheapest oil, just had the mother in law going on lol

have thought about doing a payment plan but never get round to it , we always find the money lol

Post new Message to Thread