Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Drink drivers

Jump to newest

By *oe_Steve_NWest OP   Couple
over a year ago

Bolton

They should be banned for life if they are substantially over the limit - and spend a year in prison. Z

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I agree. There's no excuse for it.

over a year ago

Couldn't agree more ... but make it 5 years in prison instead of 1 year.

Same goes for the dickheads who think that it's ok to have one hand on the wheel whilst the other hand is holding a mobile phone against their lughole

Forum Mod

over a year ago

Theres not enough room in the prisons though

over a year ago

Bolton

"Couldn't agree more ... but make it 5 years in prison instead of 1 year.

Same goes for the dickheads who think that it's ok to have one hand on the wheel whilst the other hand is holding a mobile phone against their lughole "

Yes, didn't want to appear too harsh but agree - Z

over a year ago

Bolton

"Theres not enough room in the prisons though "

Easy solution - hang the pedos and peeps who mug old ladies and kids- make a bit of room. Z

By *uro anchorMan
over a year ago

Coventry

how was ur dinner ?

over a year ago

"Same goes for the dickheads who think that it's ok to have one hand on the wheel whilst the other hand is holding a mobile phone against their lughole "

Especially those who are on the phone while driving through the snow

over a year ago

Bolton

"how was ur dinner ?"

Gorgeous thanks, the chicken was succulent, veg lovely, yorkshire was to die for - nice dinner thanks. Z

By *mumaWoman
over a year ago

Livingston

would bring back hanging for them. Have lost 2 people very close to me through d*unk drivers so have no compassion at all

over a year ago

A couple of pints is ok. Done it plenty of times.

By *illyrocCouple
over a year ago

north west

"Theres not enough room in the prisons though

Easy solution - hang the pedos and peeps who mug old ladies and kids- make a bit of room. Z"

Watch out z you will have the human rights brigade out in a min lol like i did last week

over a year ago

no excuse. same with killing people when behind the controls of a vehicle.

take a life then you spend the rest of yours locked up.

By *uro anchorMan
over a year ago

Coventry

"how was ur dinner ?

Gorgeous thanks, the chicken was succulent, veg lovely, yorkshire was to die for - nice dinner thanks. Z"

ye sounded really nice and if u cant make a good yorkshire pud who can lol xx

over a year ago

i will never understand the leniency afforded to those that kill someone with their motor vehicle.

over a year ago

Bolton

"Theres not enough room in the prisons though

Easy solution - hang the pedos and peeps who mug old ladies and kids- make a bit of room. Z

Watch out z you will have the human rights brigade out in a min lol like i did last week "

Human rights are good - i know right from wrong as do most decent folk. Z

By *ensual temptressWoman
over a year ago

Southampton

i agree they should loose the privilidge to drive full stop in an ideal world . however ,such people who blatently disreguard drink drive laws are unfortunatly hardly gonna think twice about driving while banned .

they should def be made to see the effects drink driving causes first hand.maybe seeing the familys whos lives who have been wreaked by someones selfish and stupid actions would sink in . sadly though i doubt that would even deter meny of them

over a year ago

Bolton

"how was ur dinner ?

Gorgeous thanks, the chicken was succulent, veg lovely, yorkshire was to die for - nice dinner thanks. Z

ye sounded really nice and if u cant make a good yorkshire pud who can lol xx"

I'm a Lancastrian - live with a Yorkshireman - I do make the best Yorkshire puds tho! Z

over a year ago

"A couple of pints is ok. Done it plenty of times. "

It was an arsehole with a couple of pints who knocked down and killed my son a couple of years back, when he gets out of prison I will be going in, probably for longer than what he got.

over a year ago

Bolton

"i agree they should loose the privilidge to drive full stop in an ideal world . however ,such people who blatently disreguard drink drive laws are unfortunatly hardly gonna think twice about driving while banned .

they should def be made to see the effects drink driving causes first hand.maybe seeing the familys whos lives who have been wreaked by someones selfish and stupid actions would sink in . sadly though i doubt that would even deter meny of them "

Very true, and sad, some don't give a toss. Z

over a year ago

only got to look at that illegal who killed that kid with his car.

no insurance and no regard for the law yet he hasnt been sent back because its against his human rights.

this is the bollocks we put up with.

you or i break the law and the books thrown at you.and people wonder why tension exists in communities regarding illegals or foreign workers.

over a year ago

Bolton

"A couple of pints is ok. Done it plenty of times.

It was an arsehole with a couple of pints who knocked down and killed my son a couple of years back, when he gets out of prison I will be going in, probably for longer than what he got.

"

You are understandably angry, if i am driving i don't drink a drop but some do and they think thats ok. They tend to be the people who hog the outside lane on the motorway, or stick at 60 in the middle lane cos they hate peeps overtaking them, cyber bullies, don't let them get you down, rise above the sad people, give your son another reason to be proud of you. Z

over a year ago

"

so sorry to hear that...and after witnessing the loss of a close friend in the same circumstances can totally relate to your stance.

i can still see and hear the impact and everything that happened next as if it was in slow motion...you don't forget.

the guy who killed my friend got a suspended sentence...he was doing double the speed limit and continued driving....but had a clean background.

apparently you're allowed one indiscretion

over a year ago

You are understandably angry, if i am driving i don't drink a drop but some do and they think thats ok. They tend to be the people who hog the outside lane on the motorway, or stick at 60 in the middle lane cos they hate peeps overtaking them, cyber bullies, don't let them get you down, rise above the sad people, give your son another reason to be proud of you. Z"

And you have evidence linking drink drivers to middle lane hoggers, do you?

No, thought not.

over a year ago

"only got to look at that illegal who killed that kid with his car.

no insurance and no regard for the law yet he hasnt been sent back because its against his human rights.

this is the bollocks we put up with.

you or i break the law and the books thrown at you.and people wonder why tension exists in communities regarding illegals or foreign workers."

I know what you are saying,,,,but it is not just illegals or foreign workers, they just make better headlines for the tabloids than our own scumbags.

By *uro anchorMan
over a year ago

Coventry

"how was ur dinner ?

ye sounded really nice and if u cant make a good yorkshire pud who can lol xx

I'm a Lancastrian - live with a Yorkshireman - I do make the best Yorkshire puds tho! Z"

locals must have taught u well lol x

over a year ago

No its not Ok it's fucking dangerous you idiot

over a year ago

No its not Ok it's fucking dangerous you idiot"

Ditto

over a year ago

the law should be zero alcohol.

and if your taking a medicine which may fail the test then youd need the proper documentation to provide to the police if questioned.

its a simple as that.

over a year ago

Ditto"

That's 2.

I wonder how many more before someone cottons on.

over a year ago

Bolton

Ditto"

Ditto

Forum Mod

over a year ago

While I don't agree with drink driving,its not illegal to have a drink and then drive at the moment,surely its the strength of beer/wine and how little or much it affects you?

Oh and if you want to contribute to the thread then please remember not to abuse other members or call them names or you won't be allowed to post

I can see this already getting very emotive

over a year ago

When I was at uni we were put in a driving simulator.. we drove the course sober.. then with one drink, then two, then over the limit..

You would be shocked just how much even one drink affects judgement..

I never drive if I have had one single drop..Its not worth it.. I am all for them bringing the limit down to zero..

Katie. x

over a year ago

part of my job ( m half of couple ) involves dealing with rtc,s and unfortunately i get to see a lot of bad things on the roads. dont want to be seen as preaching etc. but if you've had to cut a dead teenager out of a car on news years eve or many other times then i definately think people would have second thoughts about driving after a few drinks.

over a year ago

Ditto

Ditto"

Three. hehehe .. better than I'd hoped. Any more?

over a year ago

Ditto

That's 2.

I wonder how many more before someone cottons on. "

Sorry but given the posts in this thread from people who have lost loved ones this isn't a topic where humour is warranted

over a year ago

Bolton

Ditto

Ditto

Three. hehehe .. better than I'd hoped. Any more? "

It's lovely that you think this is a joke - nice man

By *uro anchorMan
over a year ago

Coventry

come on boys put ur handbags away...

over a year ago

"the law should be zero alcohol.

and if your taking a medicine which may fail the test then youd need the proper documentation to provide to the police if questioned.

its a simple as that."

I could not agrre more, when will the politicians realise what the normal, vast majority of proper thinking people think is just and get their fingers out of their fat pompous overpaid ass and do something about it.

over a year ago

I have been driving a gritter truck ,during this bad weather and there are so many stupid irresponsble drivers on our roads ,unbeleivable ! and you cant fail to spot the drink drivers ,they take s many risks ! even had a few overtake me .CRAZY ! FRANKIE

over a year ago

Wishy, you are either a very crass irksome little man or you have just dug so deep you do not know how to hold your hands up.

over a year ago

"Theres not enough room in the prisons though "

They would have to let all the muggers, drug dealers and murderers out to make room for them

over a year ago

Bolton

"Wishy, you are either a very crass irksome little man or you have just dug so deep you do not know how to hold your hands up."

Both?

over a year ago

Ditto

Ditto

It's lovely that you think this is a joke - nice man "

Why start miserable threads then. It's Christmas, let's something nice and warm and fuzzy.

Can't you start a 'do something to someone' thread like everyone else?

over a year ago

"Wishy, you are either a very crass irksome little man or you have just dug so deep you do not know how to hold your hands up."

Irksome. I like that. Thank you.

over a year ago

"Wishy, you are either a very crass irksome little man or you have just dug so deep you do not know how to hold your hands up.

Irksome. I like that. Thank you. "

Yes you have confirmed that one then.

over a year ago

Bolton

Will do X Have fun Z

over a year ago

Southampton

[Removed by poster at 20/12/10 22:14:27]

over a year ago

Southampton

Ditto

Ditto

It's lovely that you think this is a joke - nice man

Why start miserable threads then. It's Christmas, let's something nice and warm and fuzzy.

Can't you start a 'do something to someone' thread like everyone else?"

i think its the PERFECT time! if this thread makes even ONE person stop and put down their car keys and maybe saves just one life .isnt that worth it?????

well done to the op and hope it makes us all step back and think hard .

By *stwoCouple
over a year ago

anywhere

we think the drink driving should zero tolerance.no alcohol at all.

over a year ago

That's the paradox though isn't it... those that do drink drive won't listen to anyone else and continue to do so until they're either caught or kill someone, and those that don't drink drive don't need telling.

over a year ago

"we think the drink driving should zero tolerance.no alcohol at all."

I totally agree. The problem with how they measure is is that it doesn't relate to how the individual is affected by alcohol.

Some folk can drink buckets of beer and still be comprehensive, whereas others can sniff a grape and fall over.

there is no need for "just one"...if you're going to abstain, then make it total

over a year ago

"part of my job ( m half of couple ) involves dealing with rtc,s and unfortunately i get to see a lot of bad things on the roads. dont want to be seen as preaching etc. but if you've had to cut a dead teenager out of a car on news years eve or many other times then i definately think people would have second thoughts about driving after a few drinks."

Totally agree, although you don't need to be d*unk to do something stupid whilst driving.

A CPO once suggested that leaving the wrecks at the side of the road would make people drive better! does anyone else agree?

over a year ago

"A CPO once suggested that leaving the wrecks at the side of the road would make people drive better! does anyone else agree?"

What point do we draw the line and start clearing them away? When the streets of Britain resemble Beirut, for example?

Whoever this CPO was/is, he needs to refrain from issuing stupid statements and concentrate on other more productive methods of combatting the problem.

over a year ago

"A CPO once suggested that leaving the wrecks at the side of the road would make people drive better! does anyone else agree?

What point do we draw the line and start clearing them away? When the streets of Britain resemble Beirut, for example?

Whoever this CPO was/is, he needs to refrain from issuing stupid statements and concentrate on other more productive methods of combatting the problem."

Such as? nothing tried so far seems to have worked. How about a far stricter driving test?

By *imnher2Woman
over a year ago

watford

my daughter driving home two weeks ago sunday afternoon.. hit by d*unk driver thank god she got out save but car was a write off...she,s only 18 years, fully comp.. but still cant have a courtesy car lost her job... but the d*unk driver still driving with not a care in the world... it feels like she the 1 been punished.. it should be zero tolerence and if caught drink driving car should be taking away then and there no questions asked

over a year ago

"A CPO once suggested that leaving the wrecks at the side of the road would make people drive better! does anyone else agree?

Whoever this CPO was/is, he needs to refrain from issuing stupid statements and concentrate on other more productive methods of combatting the problem.

Such as? nothing tried so far seems to have worked. How about a far stricter driving test?"

i believe the reason they don't or won't do that will be for the same reason they try to deter folk from leaving memorials at the roadside...because it will distract other drivers and could cause further accidents.

over a year ago

Such as? nothing tried so far seems to have worked. How about a far stricter driving test?"

I wish I had the answer but I don't. Any draconian measure thought up by the CPS is going to be ridiculed by someone or another, someone with an aex to grind or a political point to prove, and in the meantime people will still die on the roads.

I'm all in favour of technology disabling a vehicle if it's driver breath tests positive for alcohol. The problem with that is that the person blowing the breath may not be the person about to drive the car, but, you would hope that someone who hasn't been drinking won't provide a clean air sample for someone who has been drinking. I still think technology holds the key here. Maybe combined fingerprint technology that identifies the car owner/driver and a breath sample that will disable the engine if the driver is over the limit.

over a year ago

"

I wish I had the answer but I don't. Any draconian measure thought up by the CPS is going to be ridiculed by someone or another, someone with an aex to grind or a political point to prove, and in the meantime people will still die on the roads.

I'm all in favour of technology disabling a vehicle if it's driver breath tests positive for alcohol. The problem with that is that the person blowing the breath may not be the person about to drive the car, but, you would hope that someone who hasn't been drinking won't provide a clean air sample for someone who has been drinking. I still think technology holds the key here. Maybe combined fingerprint technology that identifies the car owner/driver and a breath sample that will disable the engine if the driver is over the limit."

Sounds good, just like disabling car if seat belt not worn. However my cars 18years old how long before the technology filters down?

over a year ago

"

I'm all in favour of technology disabling a vehicle if it's driver breath tests positive for alcohol. The problem with that is that the person blowing the breath may not be the person about to drive the car, but, you would hope that someone who hasn't been drinking won't provide a clean air sample for someone who has been drinking. I still think technology holds the key here. Maybe combined fingerprint technology that identifies the car owner/driver and a breath sample that will disable the engine if the driver is over the limit.

Sounds good, just like disabling car if seat belt not worn. However my cars 18years old how long before the technology filters down?"

A few years. Nothing worthwhile can be accomplished overnight, it will take time but the end goal is no drink drivers at all. Not so much 'zero tolerance' but 'zero occurences of it'.

over a year ago

You are understandably angry, if i am driving i don't drink a drop but some do and they think thats ok. They tend to be the people who hog the outside lane on the motorway, or stick at 60 in the middle lane cos they hate peeps overtaking them, cyber bullies, don't let them get you down, rise above the sad people, give your son another reason to be proud of you. Z

And you have evidence linking drink drivers to middle lane hoggers, do you?

No, thought not.

"

I have loads of evidence linking drink drivers to death, destruction, abject misery and intolerable grief. Will that do???

Post new Message to Thread