Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Could only happen to us

Jump to newest

By *andJ2227 OP   Couple
over a year ago

Swadlincote

Been Christmas shopping today, brought my sister a nice new camera. Got home, had some tea, decided to get on with the wrapping, opened the box to have a nosey and everything inside BUT the camera itself.

Cant believe it, tried to go back to the shop, it had closed. Tried to ring costomer services but the lines have closed.

Really cant afford to buy another one but what if they just think we are trying to pull a fast one and get 2 for the price of one!

Just feel like giving up

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Tricky. Was it an ex-display box?

Anyhow the store should have a spare camera knocking about without a box.

Good luck in any case.

Forum Mod

over a year ago

OMG Ive just wrapped up a camera for my daughter and ive not even checked inside

I hope you get it sorted out..........im just going to open a present x

By *andJ2227 OP   Couple
over a year ago

Swadlincote

No, they got it out of a locked cupboard but thinking it may be the box belonging to the one on display.

Just hope they can sort it out, was a big named store so i hope they will understand.

Feel alittle silly that i didnt notice the box feeling alittle lighter than it should have but cameras are alot lighter these days so i didnt.

By *andJ2227 OP   Couple
over a year ago

Swadlincote

"OMG Ive just wrapped up a camera for my daughter and ive not even checked inside

I hope you get it sorted out..........im just going to open a present x"

Lol its made me question the presents ive already wrapped up. Im just glad we noticed before giving her an empty box.

By *aucy3Couple
over a year ago

glasgow

my kids used to love the empty boxes.

i'm sure the shop,will sort it out.let us know how you get on.

Forum Mod

over a year ago

Phew!!! mine has a camera in it,can't get it back in the bloody box now though

over a year ago

"No, they got it out of a locked cupboard but thinking it may be the box belonging to the one on display.

Just hope they can sort it out, was a big named store so i hope they will understand.

Feel alittle silly that i didnt notice the box feeling alittle lighter than it should have but cameras are alot lighter these days so i didnt.

"

It obviously was the box off the display so they'll just rectify and be apologetic rather than thinking you're on the blag.

After working in retail a few years ago you can usually tell who's dodgy!

By *andJ2227 OP   Couple
over a year ago

Swadlincote

"No, they got it out of a locked cupboard but thinking it may be the box belonging to the one on display.

It obviously was the box off the display so they'll just rectify and be apologetic rather than thinking you're on the blag.

After working in retail a few years ago you can usually tell who's dodgy!"

Lol Thank you, will find out tomorrow i guess.

By *andJ2227 OP   Couple
over a year ago

Swadlincote

"my kids used to love the empty boxes.

i'm sure the shop,will sort it out.let us know how you get on. "

Thank you, will do.

By *andJ2227 OP   Couple
over a year ago

Swadlincote

[Removed by poster at 19/12/10 19:06:36]

By *andJ2227 OP   Couple
over a year ago

Swadlincote

"Phew!!! mine has a camera in it,can't get it back in the bloody box now though"

Lol, sorry for worrying you.

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

sure they will be fine.

good luck and hope it resolves itself xx

Forum Mod

over a year ago

"Phew!!! mine has a camera in it,can't get it back in the bloody box now though

Lol, sorry for worrying you."

No you just made me think I should have checked it anyway,I really hope you get your sorted our ok x

By *andJ2227 OP   Couple
over a year ago

Swadlincote

Thank you everyone, i hope so too.

Will let you know tomorrow, fingers crossed x

over a year ago

this use to happen to me with xbox and ps3 game discs. so now i open them and check the disc is inside before i leave the shop.

dont care if they dont like it. my money my choice

over a year ago

"Been Christmas shopping today, brought my sister a nice new camera. Got home, had some tea, decided to get on with the wrapping, opened the box to have a nosey and everything inside BUT the camera itself.

Cant believe it, tried to go back to the shop, it had closed. Tried to ring costomer services but the lines have closed.

Really cant afford to buy another one but what if they just think we are trying to pull a fast one and get 2 for the price of one!

Just feel like giving up "

Look on the bright side, a similar thing happened with my parents some years back, bought my little bro a super nintendo with scope and a few games etc etc, they picked it up christmas eve and wrapped it, christmas day they found everything was inside the box but he super nintendo console itself, my little bro took it quite well considering, lol

By *i 1 Get 1 FreeCouple (MM)
over a year ago

birmingham

"Really cant afford to buy another one but what if they just think we are trying to pull a fast one and get 2 for the price of one!"

The odd BOGOF is worth having

By *andJ2227 OP   Couple
over a year ago

Swadlincote

"Really cant afford to buy another one but what if they just think we are trying to pull a fast one and get 2 for the price of one!

The odd BOGOF is worth having "

Lol oh i bet they are.

By *andJ2227 OP   Couple
over a year ago

Swadlincote

"Been Christmas shopping today, brought my sister a nice new camera. Got home, had some tea, decided to get on with the wrapping, opened the box to have a nosey and everything inside BUT the camera itself.

Just feel like giving up

Look on the bright side, a similar thing happened with my parents some years back, bought my little bro a super nintendo with scope and a few games etc etc, they picked it up christmas eve and wrapped it, christmas day they found everything was inside the box but he super nintendo console itself, my little bro took it quite well considering, lol"

Awww bless him, i am glad we spotted it now rather than finding out Christmas day.

By *andJ2227 OP   Couple
over a year ago

Swadlincote

"this use to happen to me with xbox and ps3 game discs. so now i open them and check the disc is inside before i leave the shop.

dont care if they dont like it. my money my choice"

Dont blame you, i will be more careful from now on.

over a year ago

As i said to the OP earlier, the serial numbers on the display model and their purchased box should match up, simples!

over a year ago

Make sure you mention that the assistant DIDN'T open the box to check for him/herself that all was in order. They are as much at fault as you are for not checking the contents before proceeding with the sale.

Good luck.

over a year ago

"Make sure you mention that the assistant DIDN'T open the box to check for him/herself that all was in order. They are as much at fault as you are for not checking the contents before proceeding with the sale.

Good luck. "

lol, I'm looking at facebook whilst here also, I was looking for the 'like' button for your post wishy. haha

By *andJ2227 OP   Couple
over a year ago

Swadlincote

"Make sure you mention that the assistant DIDN'T open the box to check for him/herself that all was in order. They are as much at fault as you are for not checking the contents before proceeding with the sale.

Good luck. "

Great point, thank you.

She was too busy chatting up another member of staff

over a year ago

I had that with a mobile phone a couple of years ago, bought from a large well known store, everything in the box but the phone, didn't notice the weight as chager was a heavy one, when I went back to the shop, I was outrightly accused of taking the phone out as boxes are security sealed, took 3 months to get it sorted including an inter_iew by police

over a year ago

I had issues with cables missing in mobile phone box. I had the phone, the charger but no other cables. Went to the shop as had probs with my phone, they brought out another phone, and that was when i realised that i hadn't got a complete set of cables. The assistant didn't make a fuss and just gave me the cables that i was missing without a fuss.

By *ue care and attentionWoman
over a year ago

birmingham

My son (aged 10) bought a DVD in Morrisons once and when we got home we found the box was empty. I phoned Morrisons and they said that DVDs should only be bought at the entertainment section which is where they give you a sealed box...my son had picked up a display box. I asked why they main check out hadn't sent him back to the entertainment section then instead of taking his money? No answer!

They paid for me to get a taxi to and from the store to collect the missing DVD though, so they did make amends.

By *andJ2227 OP   Couple
over a year ago

Swadlincote

All sorted thankfully, just a straight swap no questions asked.

In our case a very good thing, but makes me wonder how many people would just say it was empty and how many of them get away with it. They didnt ask any questions or do any checks just gave us a new one.

Post new Message to Thread