Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

lonely this Christmas

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Anyone else spending the day on their own? Found out today I am, Son's are busy and all local charities don't need anymore help, don't get me wrong, not looking for sympathy but wondered if anyone else will probably be on site to chat to

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

yep... this year I am on my own.....

sister and niece in the caribbean with my gran

mum and new hubby in london...

and because plans had changed I had no annual leave left..... so i am in newcastle....

just means they will all have to do there own cooking for a change!!! lol

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I will try and pop on and say hello

shame your not nearer ...you could have come here

By *irtyGirlWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

Yup... I'm on my own this year too. I have my day totally planned (cause I'm a bit anal like that!) but I'm going to cook a proper Christmas dinner from scratch, make a white chocolate cheesecake, stay in my PJs all day, watch shite on the TV and then I'm going to roll into bed when I can eat no more!

My folks are living it up in New Zealand until February, my best mate is going to Bangkok to bang cock and bless... my brother's girlfriend invited me to her mother's but the thought of spending my day with someone else's in-laws isn't filling me with joy so I'll be kicking around if I'm not too stuffed to reach the laptop!

Looking forward to it! I even wrapped up the presents I bought myself so I had something other than bunny's presents to open in Christmas morning.

I'm proper sad I am!

By *ertnbeckyCouple
over a year ago

oldham

just me n becky christmas cancelled for us this year

over a year ago

I'm on my tod as well. Going to parent for xmas so not so bad.

Not even put trimmings up as they remind me of been on my tod!

over a year ago

You lot on ya own should all get together if your close and have a knees up

over a year ago

I look forward to spending Christmas on my own!

When I was a bachelor girl, I spent nearly all of them on my own, and the couple of them when I did not, they were miserable!

I am hoping the weather is good enough to go camping down in Dorset, and am watching the weather like a hawk.

Roof box will be fitted to my car this weekend in readiness for the camping trip, and I shall load the car up as much as I can.

Got 24 Dec off already well in advance.

Just need the weather to be suitable: no to very light wind, temperature during day time in mid single digit, and dry!

I shall have 2 if not 3 heaters, and an electric under-blanket, so it will be nice and cosy.

Menu for Christmas Day itself will be: baked brie with cranberry jam and garlic ciabatta toast as starter; pan-fried duck breast with saute potato, parsnip and stir-fried vegetable as main course; syrup sponge pudding with lashing of double cream as dessert!

I'll start drinking Bucks Fizz as soon as I have had my shower and dressed, moved to red wine for lunch, and Snow Balls for laters. Plus hot muled wine for warmth!

It will be brilliant!!!

If the weather is no good, then I shall have a roast duck indoor instead, and make fried rice and soup etc. with the leftover duck and carcass!

I LOVE spending Christmas on my own, in case one has not gathered that much!

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Well looks like a few are going to be around,, must admit was invited to ex Mother in Laws but would rather watch 30 years old Christmas specials lol

By *ouplefunukCouple
over a year ago

North Bristol

"Yup... I'm on my own this year too. I have my day totally planned (cause I'm a bit anal like that!) but I'm going to cook a proper Christmas dinner from scratch, make a white chocolate cheesecake, stay in my PJs all day, watch shite on the TV and then I'm going to roll into bed when I can eat no more!

My folks are living it up in New Zealand until February, my best mate is going to Bangkok to bang cock and bless... my brother's girlfriend invited me to her mother's but the thought of spending my day with someone else's in-laws isn't filling me with joy so I'll be kicking around if I'm not too stuffed to reach the laptop!

Looking forward to it! I even wrapped up the presents I bought myself so I had something other than bunny's presents to open in Christmas morning.

I'm proper sad I am! "

We did offer!

*Her*

over a year ago

There's a spare place at Mum's if anyone is brave enought to wear a funny hat and play stupid games......

over a year ago

And i have two spare places at mine....

Full of good food and lots of wine and a kip in the afternoon

over a year ago

Get up whenever I feel like it.

Start drinking whenever I feel like it.

Start cooking when I feel like it.

Eat whatever I want.

Watch whatever on TV/DVD and have full control of the remote.

No arguments or disagreements with anyone.

Etc. etc. etc...

What's not to like about spending Christmas on my own?

NOTHING!

over a year ago

"

NOTHING! "

And no crap Trivial Pursuit games that never get finished!

I do miss waking up warm in bed next to someone and open each others pressies though.

over a year ago

I buy myself a pressie - this way, I'd always get what I want!

This year's is a liquid fuel camping stove, in readiness for my camping trip in cold weather!

over a year ago

Will be spending it watching my girls open their pressies, then getting nicely d*unk on some decent red wine and, maybe, popping my head on here to see whats happening

over a year ago

Will be on my own as well....

bottle of bubbly opened for breakfast...cook myself a nice lunch...and eat it spread out over the afternoon...TV to watch the oldies....and chill

over a year ago

"Will be on my own as well....

bottle of bubbly opened for breakfast...cook myself a nice lunch...and eat it spread out over the afternoon...TV to watch the oldies....and chill

"

Snap!

over a year ago

As a fellow singleton i too will be on my own but not all day as i'm going to my brothers in the evening for a drink.

Will not even have a present to waken up to. Mind you i will probably have a hangover

over a year ago

I am very lucky to be spending the time with my family, but, (I don't want to sound ungrateful) I miss the days when I worked with horses and I had an excuse to leave after dinner, at about 5pm, so I didn't have the slightly bored, fractious few hours before bedtime to go through. (You know, when Dad snores and the TV is crap!)

My limit in company is about four hours before I want to be on my own!

By *ashful BazMan
over a year ago

poole dorset

"And i have two spare places at mine....

Full of good food and lots of wine and a kip in the afternoon "

Can you put my name down please.

over a year ago

Yep on my own too, the kids (who are not kids but adults) are off doing their own thing. I have been invited to my mothers and much as I love her, the thought of sitting watching tv why her and my step dad snore and fart in their sleep after dinner is not my idea of fun.

Shall we have a fab party ? lol

over a year ago

"Anyone else spending the day on their own? Found out today I am, Son's are busy and all local charities don't need anymore help, don't get me wrong, not looking for sympathy but wondered if anyone else will probably be on site to chat to"

I'll be at my daughters with my two sons and my ickle grandson, but after the meal which they will all have cooked and the washing up which I will have done (alone), I'll be escaping onto here to say hello and merry christmas to my forum friends......New year is back at my place and open house for anyone who wants to join me for a drink and a knees up. xxxxxxx

over a year ago

I'll at Chams for NYE!

By *stwoCouple
over a year ago

anywhere

our 1st xmas with our new grandson.yahoooooooooooo

over a year ago

We're going to my Mum and Step Dads up in Derby for Christmas. We'll be travelling there on Christmas morning and coming home again on Bank Holiday Monday.

As for New Year. I think the in laws will be coming over for a curry. Either that or we'll trek up to Chams.

Might also be at Chams this Sunday... not that I've asked Hubby yet

over a year ago

I'm dreading Christmas day. My very, very recently turned 16 year old has decided to leave home and moves out on Tuesday.

She's coming home on Xmas day with her dad, my ex husband and I will need to be happy, bubbly and provide a lovely Christmas sa for them and my son, before her dad drops her off a the shithole she's moving into and then it will just be me and my boy and trying not to cry before he's asleep.

I know I have my son and a nice home, presents, food etc. But sometimes I really wish I could turn back the clock to the big,happy family Xmas we used to have.

over a year ago

"I'm dreading Christmas day. My very, very recently turned 16 year old has decided to leave home and moves out on Tuesday.

She's coming home on Xmas day with her dad, my ex husband and I will need to be happy, bubbly and provide a lovely Christmas sa for them and my son, before her dad drops her off a the shithole she's moving into and then it will just be me and my boy and trying not to cry before he's asleep.

I know I have my son and a nice home, presents, food etc. But sometimes I really wish I could turn back the clock to the big,happy family Xmas we used to have."

Awww molly love....((((hugs))))

over a year ago

Well boxing day gonna be a wii party and so far all women ....

Singing and dancing around the kitchen. lmao

So any strange noises....put down to my house

over a year ago

Yeah hugs from me too xxxx

over a year ago

"I'm dreading Christmas day. My very, very recently turned 16 year old has decided to leave home and moves out on Tuesday.

I know I have my son and a nice home, presents, food etc. But sometimes I really wish I could turn back the clock to the big,happy family Xmas we used to have."

Molly, I feel for you and my heart goes out to you, I too have to put on that mask for the sake of my children.

I lost my partner my lovely big house we built together and the love of a great man......if it were not for my kids I would not be here today.

Even though they don't know it, they are my strength and my support, no matter how near or far they are.

"A mother holds her children's hands for but a moment, but she holds their hearts forever"

By *ig bird brightWoman
over a year ago

Swansea

i,ll be on my own to this xmas. as don,t speak to most off my family and my mother is in work all day . but theres one good thing don,t have to cook or wash up or have a argument over what to watch on the tv

over a year ago

Thanks guys, big hugs back., at least I only have to share the Xmas Chocs with my boy

over a year ago

"Thanks guys, big hugs back., at least I only have to share the Xmas Chocs with my boy "

That's the spirit!

Hugs!

over a year ago

"Well boxing day gonna be a wii party and so far all women ....

Singing and dancing around the kitchen. lmao

So any strange noises....put down to my house "

Sounds fun, room for a cuddly one?.

over a year ago

Yerrrrrrrrrrrrr

the more the merrier hun

over a year ago

"Yerrrrrrrrrrrrr

the more the merrier hun "

You ain't seen nothing until you've seen my d*unken dancing to Just Dance. I've got so many wobbly bits I can go in different directions at the same time!

By *harpDressed ManMan
over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

It's heartening to see you all being so mutually supportive. I opened the thread thinking of myself as alone for Xmas, but now I'm feeling good about being climbed all over by my neices for 3 hours at my parents.

So...thank you, and enjoy your time as best you can.

over a year ago

I split from my first wife when my daughter was 4 and from then till now I've had her on alternate Christmases. I now have a 2nd child with Siren and I feel like I've been given a second chance to have proper family Christmases again. You know, getting all excited with him on Xmas Eve (even though he's still too young to know what the hell Christmas is lol), he knows what presents are and that he has to rip the paper off. I'm really looking forward to that. We get my daughter on 29th when we go down south to see my family but Xmas dinner is at Siren's folk's where there will be a house full of people and it's never dull.

I completed my Xmas shopping weeks ago and it's now a tradition that we go off and do something special on Xmas Eve (afternoon/early evening) so we'll be taking littleun to Beamish. I have to say that I can't wait for Christmas as it's my favourite time of the year.

over a year ago

"I split from my first wife when my daughter was 4 and from then till now I've had her on alternate Christmases. I now have a 2nd child with Siren and I feel like I've been given a second chance to have proper family Christmases again. You know, getting all excited with him on Xmas Eve (even though he's still too young to know what the hell Christmas is lol), he knows what presents are and that he has to rip the paper off. I'm really looking forward to that. We get my daughter on 29th when we go down south to see my family but Xmas dinner is at Siren's folk's where there will be a house full of people and it's never dull.

I completed my Xmas shopping weeks ago and it's now a tradition that we go off and do something special on Xmas Eve (afternoon/early evening) so we'll be taking littleun to Beamish. I have to say that I can't wait for Christmas as it's my favourite time of the year.

"

that's so nice to hear. When the brats were younger we always went to see this fantastic Santa on Xmas eve, we would feed his reindeer extra carrots to give them strengh for the long journey ahead lol. Even now we go out for dinner and the pics or pantomime and if my ex isn't working then we go all go together which is nice.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 18/12/10 01:10:36]

over a year ago

On my own Christmas day but hey such is life so I've got the supplies in and won't remember the day the time its finished

over a year ago

yes i am.

but i will be workout in the gym for the whole christmas period including on christmas day.

its better than sitting at home bored out of my skull.

would love to spend it with someone but that aint going to happen.

over a year ago

no different from the other 364 days of the year for me, I do not celebrate xmas, so it's just time off work that is cool

over a year ago

Yeah, I'll be on my own but I will be out sailing on the Firth of Clyde, more than likely round the other side of Arran, good bottle of Caol Ila malt whisky, some good food and some Neil Young/Queen/Pink Floyd on the CD...

Add one sexy lady......bliss...

By *etitesaraTV/TS
over a year ago

rochdale

Not alone, will be just myself & MJ for the day.

Because MJ is working til 6pm on Xmas Eve & back in work at 8am Boxing Day we've decided to skip the usual round of visiting families, it can take several hrs & means we don't get to start our own day til 4pm.

This year it's a walk to our local pub on Xmas Eve, then a chilled, slightly alcoholic breakfast & then off to a nice Indian restaurant for our Xmas meal

Off out mtb'ing in the snow today - if anyone sees a loon on a bright orange bike in full winter gear with a Santa hat strapped to his cycle helmet that'll be me!

over a year ago

The porch light blew a month ago and my daughter and I were clueless how to change it. Came home last night porch light burning bright, Christmas tree twinkling in the window, snow cleared from path. My youngest was home from uni for Christmas and sorted what needed doing: the celebrations start now.

My eldest wants to spend Christmas with her boyfriend and his family. I've told her the choice is her's: I know she loves me just do what makes her happy so she's coming to me!

I've invited my ex-husband, I do every year but he never comes. The time will come when the girls have their own lives and I'll be alone.

Big hugs to those spending Christmas alone who don't want to be. X

over a year ago

"Get up whenever I feel like it.

Start drinking whenever I feel like it.

Start cooking when I feel like it.

Eat whatever I want.

Watch whatever on TV/DVD and have full control of the remote.

No arguments or disagreements with anyone.

Etc. etc. etc...

NOTHING! "

What a positive thinking lady you are x Me its all work have lots of family here over 20 and whos left to do all the work and shoping me... wish i was putting me feet=up doing nothing xx just doing as i like god never had that. I will still come on here say hello escape the oven .. and cleaning up the xmas stuff . God i feel like sinderella i will go to the ball , lol

over a year ago

I'm on my own this year. In previous years done the dutiful Son thing of Christmas with Family.yawn yawn

This year its just me.. Have got my turkey leg and veg, just have to buy a bottle of JD, a couple bottles of ,nibbles and chocolate and I'll be all set for a couple of days of doing absolutely feck all

Sound like Heaven to me

over a year ago

I in turn would like to wish those who wish they could be alone but can't due to family obligations etc. a Happy Holiday.

It won't be long until Easter when you can have a proper holiday on your own!

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

Indian Takeway already booked for collection at 2.30pm.

then the Queens Speach..

I never miss it. , might not wear my tiara and ceremonial robes this year tho.

over a year ago

I usually still have a drop of Bucks Fizz left by 15:00h to toast the Queen's Speech.

over a year ago

"Indian Takeway already booked for collection at 2.30pm.

then the Queens Speach..

I never miss it. , might not wear my tiara and ceremonial robes this year tho."

The Alternate Ch4 one you mean? Who's doing it this year? Clary? Winton? Norton?

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

then the Queens Speach..

The Alternate Ch4 one you mean? Who's doing it this year? Clary? Winton? Norton? "

Dappy from N-Dubs. So won't have a bloody clue what he is rapping about

over a year ago

"The porch light blew a month ago and my daughter and I were clueless how to change it. Came home last night porch light burning bright, Christmas tree twinkling in the window, snow cleared from path. My youngest was home from uni for Christmas and sorted what needed doing: the celebrations start now.

My eldest wants to spend Christmas with her boyfriend and his family. I've told her the choice is her's: I know she loves me just do what makes her happy so she's coming to me!

I've invited my ex-husband, I do every year but he never comes. The time will come when the girls have their own lives and I'll be alone.

Big hugs to those spending Christmas alone who don't want to be. X "

I have to say that I think it's fantastic that people who were once lovers but are now exes can still get together at certain times of the year and enjoy a day together. It seems such a shame to miss out on Christmas with the kids, or make them decide which parent to spend it with, for the simple reason that one can't put one's differences aside for a few short hours.

over a year ago

then the Queens Speach..

The Alternate Ch4 one you mean? Who's doing it this year? Clary? Winton? Norton?

Dappy from N-Dubs. So won't have a bloody clue what he is rapping about "

Christmas rapping. How novel lol

By *irtyGirlWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

"The porch light blew a month ago and my daughter and I were clueless how to change it. Came home last night porch light burning bright, Christmas tree twinkling in the window, snow cleared from path. My youngest was home from uni for Christmas and sorted what needed doing: the celebrations start now.

Big hugs to those spending Christmas alone who don't want to be. X "

That is so lovely... brought me a big lump that did!

over a year ago

Will go to my folks an hour before dinner and leave a hour after, I dont like Christmas, but my family love it, so for they few hours I will put on a happy smile, for them, luckly they understand how I feel about it, and never pressure me to stay longer.

They it will be home, open a nice bottle of wine, get out the roses, and spend the evening relaxing.

Post new Message to Thread