Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Women browsing guys profiles

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

So, do [single] women actually browse single guys profiles, or are they all too busy dealing with the 1,000s of emails they get a day?

Just curious since I've had only a couple of emails since I've been on here (about a month) and don't think I'm that bad looking. Unless there is something on my profile that is putting potential punters off?

Cheers.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Yes.

over a year ago

I have never browsed, I am always busy playing catch up and answering with no thank you lol

over a year ago

No

By *nvictusMan
over a year ago

Beeston

"So, do [single] women actually browse single guys profiles, or are they all too busy dealing with the 1,000s of emails they get a day?

Just curious since I've had only a couple of emails since I've been on here (about a month) and don't think I'm that bad looking. Unless there is something on my profile that is putting potential punters off?

Cheers."

2 is good,

If you sign up as a silver member you can use the 'looked at me' list to see who's been checking you out.

over a year ago

"So, do [single] women actually browse single guys profiles, or are they all too busy dealing with the 1,000s of emails they get a day?

Cheers."

due to last part of your description you come over as a bit of a ?

over a year ago

Browse profiles for meets? No, never.

I will look at profiles of people who post on the forums, just to see what kinds of pri...erm people they really are!!

over a year ago

"Browse profiles for meets? No, never.

I will look at profiles of people who post on the forums, just to see what kinds of pri...erm people they really are!! "

Ya were going ta say pristine brilliant people wernt ya xx

over a year ago

I will look at profiles of people who post on the forums, just to see what kinds of pri...erm people they really are!! "

prima donnas? primark shoppers? Pritt stick abusers? don't just leave us hanging!

By *nvictusMan
over a year ago

Beeston

...or perv their bums!

over a year ago

I know! I know...

over a year ago

I will look at profiles of people who post on the forums, just to see what kinds of pri...erm people they really are!!

...or perv their bums! "

Don't have to as some just ... well, shove it in your face!!!

over a year ago

"I have never browsed, I am always busy playing catch up and answering with no thank you lol"

Why not do what I do and put on your profile " If you dont here from me within a week take it as a polite thanks but no thanks " lol saves a lot of time

over a year ago

Cheers.

due to last part of your description you come over as a bit of a ?"

Heh, yeah I suppose it does, but seems you have to be a bit less of a nice guy to get what you want. What I want what I really really want isn't to join the Spice Girls, but someone to have fun with and snuggle up and fall asleep with too.

And then maybe she can do the dishes; who says romance is dead!

over a year ago

prima donnas? primark shoppers? Pritt stick abusers? don't just leave us hanging!

"

PMSL...NONE of the above!!

By *nvictusMan
over a year ago

Beeston

Cheers.

due to last part of your description you come over as a bit of a ?"

Just peeked, er yeah... you might want to get shot of the last line.

Just my opinion you understand.

over a year ago

or the last two

over a year ago

Cheers."

It wouldn't cross my mind to offer up unsolicited advice...but since you asked.

You come across as arrogant, and your forum posts rude. I don't find it endearing, can't think many women would to be fair!

Just my opinion of course!

over a year ago

"

Just peeked, er yeah... you might want to get shot of the last line.

Just my opinion you understand. "

Yup, I do, although when it wasn't on there it made no difference. I only added it a day or so ago.

I mean so people actually read the profile text *shock, gasp horror*

over a year ago

...or perv their bums! "

Mmmmmmm and there was me thinking you were being mostly elusive today

By *ercedes62Woman
over a year ago

Northampton

No i never browse and its people that contact me.

The "malebox" is far too busy for me to have time to look

Mercedes x

over a year ago

" and don't think I'm that bad looking. Unless there is something on my profile that is putting potential punters off?

Cheers."

Oh I missed this part of the thread....well as you black your face out how can we possibly comment

over a year ago

"

It wouldn't cross my mind to offer up unsolicited advice...but since you asked.

You come across as arrogant, and your forum posts rude. I don't find it endearing, can't think many women would to be fair!

Just my opinion of course! "

Rude? Hmm interesting since I don't write them as such. I guess it is true 80% of communication is none-verbal [well written in this case].

There was an interesting paper I read a while ago on it, the process of communicating is

Have a thought-formalise-verbilise -Hear-Process-Decode into a though.

And as a result there are large areas where error creep in. Hell I have trouble verbalising my thoughts at times, never mind someone else understanding them!

I think I actually want someone I can talk bollox like this with more than boobs... hmmm hang on, ok sometimes more than boobs

over a year ago

" and don't think I'm that bad looking. Unless there is something on my profile that is putting potential punters off?

Cheers.

Oh I missed this part of the thread....well as you black your face out how can we possibly comment

"

I actually look like that in real life! lol.

I have a face pic in privates, as I am shy. (yes, yes shy but you have your todger out old boy!)

over a year ago

Cheers.

I actually look like that in real life! lol.

I have a face pic in privates, as I am shy. (yes, yes shy but you have your todger out old boy!)"

Well that might be so, but my point was you said in your original thread I think I am good looking and was incredulous that maybe others didn't. If we cannot see for ourselves then we cannot comment.

Might I suggest attaching a face pic with your initial emails, that may work!

over a year ago

"

Well that might be so, but my point was you said in your original thread I think I am good looking and was incredulous that maybe others didn't. If we cannot see for ourselves then we cannot comment.

"

Yeah thanks for the suggestion, I have tried that (when the person has a public face pic on their profile), but not made much difference.

I'll pm you it, see what you think. *Sick bag at ready :P*

over a year ago

Btw, I'm not moaning or crying about lack of contact on here.

Just curious as to why that may be.

*shrugs*

over a year ago

trouble with the last line on your descrip is that it would make any potential female feel she was up to be judged. Naaaa if you want females to play you gotta come over as fun.

Play with many and eventually you will meet your match.

over a year ago

"trouble with the last line on your descrip is that it would make any potential female feel she was up to be judged. Naaaa if you want females to play you gotta come over as fun.

Play with many and eventually you will meet your match."

Point taken, although play with many sounds intriguing...

I'd like to meet my match, you know someone to challenge me as a person (in a good way), and be on the same team. To many relationships end up with fighting each other instead of with each other.

over a year ago

"

Yeah thanks for the suggestion, I have tried that (when the person has a public face pic on their profile), but not made much difference.

I'll pm you it, see what you think. *Sick bag at ready :P*"

Now where did I put that bucket....!!

Actually you are a good looking guy, so it's the naff profile...simples lol

By *nvictusMan
over a year ago

Beeston

"

Actually you are a good looking guy, so it's the naff profile...simples lol"

Send her a peachy bum shot and yer in!!

over a year ago

"

Actually you are a good looking guy, so it's the naff profile...simples lol

Send her a peachy bum shot and yer in!! "

Ssssshhhh I told you that in confidence

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

Once in nine years have a messaged a guy first with a few to a potential meet and that was four years ago

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"Once in nine years have a messaged a guy first with a few to a potential meet and that was four years ago"
When i was a single femme, most of my meets i messaged first, my inbox was always full , but i much preferred to seek out those who I WANTED, it worked out much better for me

over a year ago

Well thanks all, some pretty good and interesting replies!

Bottom line is we need more single women on here... so who is going to go down and unlock them from the dungeon.... I mean come on they deserve to get out once in a while.

By *ezebelWoman
over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

"i was a single femme, most of my meets i messaged first, my inbox was always full , but i much preferred to seek out those who I WANTED, it worked out much better for me "

I agree with femme.

Id say that about 75% of the people I have met have been ones that I contacted first.

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"i was a single femme, most of my meets i messaged first, my inbox was always full , but i much preferred to seek out those who I WANTED, it worked out much better for me

I agree with femme.

Id say that about 75% of the people I have met have been ones that I contacted first."

ahhhh great minds

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

"i was a single femme, most of my meets i messaged first, my inbox was always full , but i much preferred to seek out those who I WANTED, it worked out much better for me

I agree with femme.

Id say that about 75% of the people I have met have been ones that I contacted first.ahhhh great minds"

well i might not have a great mind but my way has always worked for me

over a year ago

"ahhhh great minds"

Great minds where? where?

*ducks and runs*

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"ahhhh great minds

Great minds where? where?

*ducks and runs* "

oh brave male of the species......ye have so much to learn

over a year ago

you wont get many more by calling them punters

By *harpDressed ManMan
over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

"Bottom line is we need more single women on here... so who is going to go down and unlock them from the dungeon.... I mean come on they deserve to get out once in a while."

over a year ago

Every time I browse through profiles I get even more messages, winks, friends invites etc.

The people I've looked at but not contacted seem to believe that I must be interested, simply because I looked. So now I don't bother

over a year ago

"Every time I browse through profiles I get even more messages, winks, friends invites etc.

The people I've looked at but not contacted seem to believe that I must be interested, simply because I looked. So now I don't bother "

I've had this problem too. Tbh I don't really browse to msg as I would hate to be turned down lol suppose I know how the single guys feel when they are rejected

over a year ago

Welcome to our world

Funny thing is I've had some private messages from people who have then blocked me immediately so I can't actually have a look at their profile.

It's also funny how people read so much in a few words, maybe less, a lot less is more.

Bit like that 4 minutes 33 seconds of silence song...

Or maybe something long the lines of a disclaimer, pages long:

1) I am not like your mothering law

2) I do not do unspeakable things with animal (unless you count yourself as an animal )

3) I do not spend hours in front of the mirror

4) I do not make love myself, make love to myself, yeah hence why I am on here!

5) I have never been to Bruge

etc

etc

over a year ago

I have no idea what the post that the OP just put above is supposed to mean!! But with reference to the original question- shit what was the original question, I forgot!!!

over a year ago

God I don't know, and I've not even had a sleep yet which is when I forget most things!

Oh yes, do you browse guys and message them , i.e. pro-active or are you more let the flood of messages begin.

It seems the latter is the path of least resistance, mountain, Mohamed and wot not.

To be honest I'm more interested in finding a woman to chat with than to have sex. but if I must I suppose I'll grin and bare it.

over a year ago

Ah yes....

I Do browse mens profiles and I wouldn't respond positively to yours!

Too self- obsessed, comes across as cocky rather than self assured.

And we are not "Punters"!

IMHO.

over a year ago

Cocky, interesting. could you tell me which bit as I've made changes as prompted by others (and to their approval).

Self obsessed is interesting too, I'm actually the opposite, but I guess I would say that.

By *harpDressed ManMan
over a year ago

"Self obsessed is interesting too, I'm actually the opposite, but I guess I would say that."

You started the thread and every other post on it is from you.

over a year ago

"Cocky, interesting. could you tell me which bit as I've made changes as prompted by others (and to their approval).

Self obsessed is interesting too, I'm actually the opposite, but I guess I would say that."

Look at how many times you say "I" in your profile. I this I that, mirrors, good looking, are you good enough to meet me- that kind of thing really.

It just comes across that way to me, but its just one persons opinion, so feel free to ignore it!

over a year ago

just read the new and updated profile of the OP and found it even more condascending than the original. And now forgotten what the bloody thread was all about!!!!

over a year ago

Well, yeah I thought the point of forums is to discuss stuff. I didn't realise I should wait for x number of posts to pass before I reply. Is that what you do? Just wondering what you think the best etiquette for a thread you started would be.

I personally would have thought reasonably polite and involved discussion shows intellectually engagement in something by all parties, rather than shouting, "you suck", "yeah well your moma is a snow blower" or such like.

But hell I am on a "get ya tits/dick" out site, so shouldn't expect to much eh my old mucker?

By *harpDressed ManMan
over a year ago

Oooh, sarcasm....

over a year ago

"But hell I am on a "get ya tits/dick" out site, so shouldn't expect to much eh my old mucker?;-)"

And your high regard and obvious respect for the site and its users is just sooooooooo appealing, *swoon*

over a year ago

Oh yes, definitely, all part of the fun, especially those with nice pics!

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

nibbles finger buffet and watches the hole being dug...

over a year ago

Yay I've pulled

Oh wait...

It's easy for people to get entrenched in certain _iews, especially when people are actually been light hearted can be read like a stern letter from the headmistress!

Profile text changed, see if you vomit and shout abuse now. (well more than normal

over a year ago

"nibbles finger buffet and watches the hole being dug...

"

That's what I got the JCB for

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

"nibbles finger buffet and watches the hole being dug...

That's what I got the JCB for "

return it early for a refund.. yu doing good without it

over a year ago

Hey, what can I, sorry, what can one say but its a good plan... the deeper the hole the harder it is for the women to escape!

over a year ago

I love a wee bit ot wit and even sarcasim but your profile reads pretty bad....only to me and im sure others think the same of mine. Its kinda slagging ppl off, indirectly but still....whats the point in being negetive. Just my input. xx

over a year ago

"I love a wee bit ot wit and even sarcasim but your profile reads pretty bad....only to me and im sure others think the same of mine. Its kinda slagging ppl off, indirectly but still....whats the point in being negetive. Just my input. xx "

Cheers, simple is better. If they don't like that they can stick it in their ear... although some people pay good money for that!

Cracking rack btw... I'd say that with roses to be romantic if I could

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

dont bother with much text... just loads of cock pics is my advice.

over a year ago

"I love a wee bit ot wit and even sarcasim but your profile reads pretty bad....only to me and im sure others think the same of mine. Its kinda slagging ppl off, indirectly but still....whats the point in being negetive. Just my input. xx

Cheers, simple is better. If they don't like that they can stick it in their ear... although some people pay good money for that!

Cracking rack btw... I'd say that with roses to be romantic if I could "

As long as it roses chocolates and not flowers lol

over a year ago

I ogle at the pics and have been known to send a message to say how much I like a person's pic.

over a year ago

"

As long as it roses chocolates and not flowers lol"

Oh we may end up having a fight over those, I've just eaten a tin of quality street

Right enough shit and giggles, to the gym!

over a year ago

Likewise!

over a year ago

"No i never browse and its people that contact me.

The "malebox" is far too busy for me to have time to look

Mercedes x"

I'd be impressed if you wasn't a single woman looking for men.

By *irtyGirlWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

"I have never browsed, I am always busy playing catch up and answering with no thank you lol"

That pretty much covers it for me too. Occasionally I look at profiles of people who post on the forums as well.

The toothpaste tube made me laugh... why would you do that?!

over a year ago

"

The toothpaste tube made me laugh... why would you do that?! "

Well closest thing to hand, didn't thing getting the tape measure out would be as classy!

Forum Mod

over a year ago

I tend to prefer to look for potential playmates rather than just go by whats in my mailbox

So I do look at mens profiles.......on occassion

By *irtyGirlWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

"

The toothpaste tube made me laugh... why would you do that?!

Well closest thing to hand, didn't thing getting the tape measure out would be as classy! "

It's fairly obvious in the other pic though... don't think you need to compare it to a toothpaste tube or anything else for that matter.

Just my opinion mind.

over a year ago

"

It's fairly obvious in the other pic though... don't think you need to compare it to a toothpaste tube or anything else for that matter.

Just my opinion mind. "

I may make it a private pic then, a "special" pic. At M&S we don't just do cock, we do extra special cock

My aim was to prove it's not a photoshop jobbie!

Cheers.x

over a year ago

yep...I sometimes have a little bit of a browse...its pretty harmless activity..

over a year ago

"

My aim was to prove it's not a photoshop jobbie!

"

Ew think we have different ideas of what a 'jobbie' is, very glad i haven't looked back at your profile.

over a year ago

"dont bother with much text...

"

I think he took your advice!

over a year ago

"

Ew think we have different ideas of what a 'jobbie' is, very glad i haven't looked back at your profile."

Wow, just wow, I think someone needs a good lay

over a year ago

Was sooo desperate that I just had to handcuff myself to the sofa instead of going to Chams tonight, so you Must be right

By *irtyGirlWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

@ jobby!

over a year ago

"Was sooo desperate that I just had to handcuff myself to the sofa instead of going to Chams tonight, so you Must be right "

Well I hope you used the soft ones, the others chaff.

A "jobbie" is a penis. I think there may be a few other photos on this site with similar in them. but I may be mistaken!

Anyhow I don't have any problems with you, heck if I was still in Derby I might even look you up, but no seeing my jobbie though!

Forum Mod

over a year ago

A jobbie is a poo is'nt it?

over a year ago

op...just lovin you more with every post..

over a year ago

"op...just lovin you more with every post.. "

Yeah I've been told I'm like a car crash. You shouldn't look but you just can't help yourself.

Can you my pretties

By *irtyGirlWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

Hahahahahahaha! This thread has really tickled me! I love that word! And hottie... you're correct!

At least in Scotland it is... I have NEVER heard it used as a reference to a cock before!!

By *harpDressed ManMan
over a year ago

"

Wow, just wow, I think someone needs a good lay "

OP....are you suggesting the lady has not had "a good lay" previously?

By *harpDressed ManMan
over a year ago

"

A "jobbie" is a penis. I think there may be a few other photos on this site with similar in them. but I may be mistaken!

"

Your cock is shit?

over a year ago

i prefer to do the choosing, so yes, i do browse single male profiles

over a year ago

"God I don't know, and I've not even had a sleep yet which is when I forget most things!

Oh yes, do you browse guys and message them , i.e. pro-active or are you more let the flood of messages begin.

It seems the latter is the path of least resistance, mountain, Mohamed and wot not.

To be honest I'm more interested in finding a woman to chat with than to have sex. but if I must I suppose I'll grin and bare it. "

not that old chestnut

over a year ago

most women & couples r getting pissed off with all the winks & friends request without even getting a message 1st. by guys keeping on send these honest single guys dont get a look in.

single guys should read the full profile 1st understand it then if they tick the boxses reply but most dont & that is why you & I suffer by them.

over a year ago

"A jobbie is a poo is'nt it? "

It is where I come from! Never heard a cock referred to as a jobbie! Oooooooooh there are just sooooooo many things I could say here: but I'll behave!

over a year ago

Cheers."

i look at profiles and i will mail people if im interested x

over a year ago

I browse and wink lol

over a year ago

"most women & couples r getting pissed off with all the winks & friends request without even getting a message 1st. by guys keeping on send these honest single guys dont get a look in.

single guys should read the full profile 1st understand it then if they tick the boxses reply but most dont & that is why you & I suffer by them."

if a profile states that a couple is looking for a vw/e muscular black male and you looked more like harry potter and hung like a hamster would you still chance ur arm and mail them?.....im a red blooded male so course i would and so would half of the rest of single guys no seriously i accept the couples and fems who get sick of these unwanted messages which is why i always read a pf first and relate to it in my messages so they know i can read at least and still get no reply

Post new Message to Thread