Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

report for abuse

Jump to newest

By *nnie17gezz OP   TV/TS
over a year ago

leeds

how do you report someone for for being abusive and a false profile ?

(thread closed by moderator)

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

go onto their profile and on the side bar is a "report" button...

Reply privately

over a year ago

leeds

Can't get on his profile cos he blocked me . Think must be some orther way .

Reply privately

over a year ago

If you still have the message, then report it via the link.

Reply privately

By *im53Man
over a year ago

Boldon

even on the page that tells you your blocked is a report button for that profile

Reply privately

over a year ago

Bewarned, cut and paste PMs are not allowed, and you can be banned as a result!

Reply privately

over a year ago

leeds

If I do a search for the profile name it says that it don't excist . So don't even get on to that page . It don't say am blocked . But if you do a search you can find him .

Reply privately

over a year ago

leeds

That's something I never don't no anything about . I do feel very frustrated that a report system that don't work I sorry about the cut paste . Never knew that and don't usually use rhe forum so please try to understand .

Reply privately

By *b430Man
over a year ago

Tayside

Am sure Admin will be able to find the profile seeing as you have pasted the username on this thread a number of times!

Is there such a thing as "Private Rooms" on here? (a PM in new chat?)

Oh and also - Copying & Pasting the conversation to the forums, was not a very good idea either!

Reply privately

over a year ago

I agree ya have a grievance and its most probably justified

But naming and shaming in the forums is not allowed and could well result in you being banned xx

Reply privately

By *harpDressed ManMan
over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

Is that conversation from this site??

Reply privately

over a year ago

leeds

Yes it is from this site . Sorry I put it on here . But u know it was because I dint know this was the wrong thing to do . It is a false profile and pics most likley false . But no way of reporting somone that blocks you . And god I know all about nsmeing and shameing cos a message I sent someone on here was printed and handednout at my work in Ireland and sent as text message to the whole industry that I work in . So please . Wat I done was not for yhe purpose of naming and shaming . It was for the sole tease of reporting a abuse and false profile no orther reason . Ask admin to remove the ofending text and maybe they can have a system that can help people report abuse wen someone blocks them . Sorry sorry sorry wat did I get myself into. If I had of know it's was gona be this much trouble I would have deleted my own profile 1st . That it am gone

Reply privately

By *harpDressed ManMan
over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

In case OP reads this before the whole thread goes...

1. You may intend it as "reporting", but the end result is "name + shame".

2. You CAN still report a profile that's blocked you - see previous post on this thread.

3. It may be an out of date profile, but there's nothing to say fake about it ... Or that the pics are false.

Reply privately

over a year ago

leeds

I think if I put a pic of a girlFriend on my profile that I don't have and the profile says I am a couple but it's only me a single . . I do for sure know that that profile is fake !

Reply privately

By *b430Man
over a year ago

Tayside

To report the profile that has now blocked you and you now can't find in searches -

Open your own profile and change your username in the "address bar" to the username you want to report

Even if they have you blocked the "report" button is still on the page that is then shown

Reply privately

By *obletonMan
over a year ago

THE STICKS

"If I do a search for the profile name it says that it don't excist . So don't even get on to that page . It don't say am blocked . But if you do a search you can find him . "
q

the username search function doesnt work very well

Reply privately

over a year ago

leeds

Please admin remove the whole of my message . I made a mistake stupid me sorry how many times do I have to say am sorry . But the reason I done it was to try and report an abuse . But silly me got a lot of people backs up about a mistake I made and the very reason I done it got compleatly lost . Sorry I ever made a post . So please remove it asap . I must say my mistake is so small compaired to the abuse I have received . An error mistake by me gets more attention than abuse . Gona have a good think about things over the next few days and sure if you remove my profile . Well that will be it them

Reply privately

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

"If I do a search for the profile name it says that it don't excist . So don't even get on to that page . It don't say am blocked . But if you do a search you can find him . q

the username search function doesnt work very well"

i found him/them and other than then fact there is pic of a girl alone and it is a couples profile when they have aparently split up there is not much fake about it,

OP as others have said you can always report a person whether or not they have blocked you.

As for not knowing that posting whole conversations ar that anming and shaming is not allowed i thik you may be fibbing. everty time you post on a forum the rules are dispayed above the text box (i am readng them now!)

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Please admin remove the whole of my message . I made a mistake stupid me sorry how many times do I have to say am sorry . But the reason I done it was to try and report an abuse . But silly me got a lot of people backs up about a mistake I made and the very reason I done it got compleatly lost . Sorry I ever made a post . So please remove it asap . I must say my mistake is so small compaired to the abuse I have received . An error mistake by me gets more attention than abuse . Gona have a good think about things over the next few days and sure if you remove my profile . Well that will be it them "

I dont see you getting peoples back's up, i see people trying to give you advise on how to handle the situation properly and report the abuse in the correct way. As eve so rightly points out the rules are there for you to see as you post.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Yes it is from this site . Sorry I put it on here . But u know it was because I dint know this was the wrong thing to do . It is a false profile and pics most likley false . But no way of reporting somone that blocks you . And god I know all about nsmeing and shameing cos a message I sent someone on here was printed and handednout at my work in Ireland and sent as text message to the whole industry that I work in . So please . Wat I done was not for yhe purpose of naming and shaming . It was for the sole tease of reporting a abuse and false profile no orther reason . Ask admin to remove the ofending text and maybe they can have a system that can help people report abuse wen someone blocks them . Sorry sorry sorry wat did I get myself into. If I had of know it's was gona be this much trouble I would have deleted my own profile 1st . That it am gone "

Dont remove yourself for this, he needs to be removed permanently

Reply privately

over a year ago

I did a search, its a couples profile looking for single fems and couples, the picture is of a woman, says single guys can get stuffed

Reply privately

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

"Yes it is from this site . Sorry I put it on here . But u know it was because I dint know this was the wrong thing to do . It is a false profile and pics most likley false . But no way of reporting somone that blocks you . And god I know all about nsmeing and shameing cos a message I sent someone on here was printed and handednout at my work in Ireland and sent as text message to the whole industry that I work in . So please . Wat I done was not for yhe purpose of naming and shaming . It was for the sole tease of reporting a abuse and false profile no orther reason . Ask admin to remove the ofending text and maybe they can have a system that can help people report abuse wen someone blocks them . Sorry sorry sorry wat did I get myself into. If I had of know it's was gona be this much trouble I would have deleted my own profile 1st . That it am gone

Dont remove yourself for this, he needs to be removed permanently "

i dont see the need for you to leave completely. you asked for advice on ow to report someone for being abusive and you were given it. all that has happened is that people have pointed out that it is against the rules to name and shame on the forums and given friendly warnings that you may find yourself on the receiving end of a ban etc for psting a whole conversation had with another member from here.

i trely hope you get this sorted and that you can get back to what this site is for - fun!!!!

Reply privately

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"Please admin remove the whole of my message . I made a mistake stupid me sorry how many times do I have to say am sorry . But the reason I done it was to try and report an abuse . But silly me got a lot of people backs up about a mistake I made and the very reason I done it got compleatly lost . Sorry I ever made a post . So please remove it asap . I must say my mistake is so small compaired to the abuse I have received . An error mistake by me gets more attention than abuse . Gona have a good think about things over the next few days and sure if you remove my profile . Well that will be it them "

People have not given you abuse on here, but have tried to give you good advice. Surely you can see the difference in that? if not then I wonder what you are trying to report.

If you take any notice of what anyone has advised you, you can still report anyone who has you blocked. You can either find the profile from your inbox , click on it, then to the left of the profile where the blue menu should be, there will be one button left called REPORT.

If you can't find the person in any search, go to your Menu bar from your account page and add the person to your block list..they will pop up in there then.

If it was a mail that you are trying to report ( I am assuming this is the case for the post I had to take off) then you click on the mail and there is an option on it " this user is abusive"....click on that.

Reply privately

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

Look, you really need to stop posting what this is all about and REPORT it.

You made a mistake as a first time poster and I have used my discretion and not banned you from the forums....but if you carry on about what it I won't have any choice.

Read the posts with the advice of how to report people even when blocked, if you still get stuck mail us and we will go through it with you.

Reply privately