Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Converse...

Jump to newest

By *irtyGirl OP   Woman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

Right girls and boys... I have a question!

Do you think that Converse are a young persons thing? My friend at work asked her 21 year old son whether she was too old to wear Converse and he said yes.

Then he said it was okay for her to buy the non-branded sort from Next or similar. I told her he was talking shite. I don't think that you're ever too old to wear Converse. I shall be wearing them for as long as I like! Ha!

So what do you think?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I'm 35 and have atleast 10 different pairs of all different styles. I even have some Wonder Woman ones. I will wear them and buy them for as long as I can

over a year ago

Wear what you like, don't follow rules laid down by others, enjoy your life.

over a year ago

No way! At least if you're older then you knew Converse the first time around, before they made a comeback. I plan to keep wearing mine for a long time, even if my feet do look like boats.

over a year ago

No, I don't see it as age related.

When I was in college I had a philosophy professor (in his mid 40s) who used to wear one orange converse and one purple converse every day with jeans and a blazer. The look worked for him, oddly enough.

-Courtney

over a year ago

Converse are a style for everyone!

Considering that they're styled on the 50s era who is he to say she's too old to wear them? Disrespectful little oik

over a year ago

I have an awesome pair of very limited edition Converse based on a pair made for Eddie Van Halen. They are only worn on special occasions.

over a year ago

Age has no relevance in fashion. Look at Vivviene Westwood. I think Converse abd skinny jeans on a lady looks rather sexy. Wear them with pride and if you do come to mine.

By *om and JennieCouple
over a year ago

Chams or Socials

I love my converse!!! Even more so now the boys feet are too big for them

over a year ago

"I have an awesome pair of very limited edition Converse based on a pair made for Eddie Van Halen. They are only worn on special occasions."

I have 3 limited edition pairs I wore one down the aisle when I was bridesmaid at my brothers wedding. Didn't go down too well lol

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

Wear them!

over a year ago

We both still wear ours. Not stopping either. X

over a year ago

"I have an awesome pair of very limited edition Converse based on a pair made for Eddie Van Halen. They are only worn on special occasions.

I have 3 limited edition pairs I wore one down the aisle when I was bridesmaid at my brothers wedding. Didn't go down too well lol "

I'm liking your style...

I've worn mine with a suit and my 5150 cufflinks (another Van Halen reference).

By *ikeC81Man
over a year ago

harrow

I am 35 and have a large collection of white adidas and Nike classics

Nothing beats white football jacket and old school classic trainers

Going back to you dg your only as old as you feel and you can be happy wearing them

(Omg I have been good about your age - must be mellowing as I get older)

over a year ago

Where what you want, I say. Your kids will consider you embarassing anyway so crack on!

over a year ago

What a load of old toss....im 46 and wear Adidas on my feet thinking Im Run DMC.....wear what you want

By *irtyGirl OP   Woman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

I have an original pair that have my tattoo printed on them that I had made in New York on my 40th birthday. They're my favourites. I have another pair that I'm in the middle of customising and about ten more that are all different colours. I've never thought about wearing odd ones but I'm so doing that now!

over a year ago

There's a very old lady that gets on my bus who wears converse and trainers. If I wore jeans and converse were comfortable I would wear them. I think they look better with pale blue jeans and cropped jumpers. Do they only come in white,my brain isn't working this morning?

over a year ago

"I have an awesome pair of very limited edition Converse based on a pair made for Eddie Van Halen. They are only worn on special occasions.

I have 3 limited edition pairs I wore one down the aisle when I was bridesmaid at my brothers wedding. Didn't go down too well lol

I'm liking your style...

I've worn mine with a suit and my 5150 cufflinks (another Van Halen reference)."

I wore my Wonder Woman ones to a hunt ball this year. Started out in heels but had damaged my knee ligaments after being kicked by a horse. Went and swapped them so I could get some dancing done

By *p4funCouple
over a year ago

Plymouth

Why would you need to ask....especially your children , wear what you like who cares what others think....be yourself you like ,it wear it , simples x

over a year ago

I am 31 and have four pairs I wear the regularly as they are classic and look good.

over a year ago

I wear them and don't think I am too old.

By *ovetolickpussy69Man
over a year ago

south east

If the shoe fits.......lol

over a year ago

How bloody rude ....

What should you be wearing?

But remember when you're 21 everyone is old!

So what are age appropriate shoes?

over a year ago

"How bloody rude ....

What should you be wearing?

But remember when you're 21 everyone is old!

So what are age appropriate shoes?

"

Depending on your age...think Velcro

-Courtney

over a year ago

"Right girls and boys... I have a question!

Do you think that Converse are a young persons thing? My friend at work asked her 21 year old son whether she was too old to wear Converse and he said yes.

Then he said it was okay for her to buy the non-branded sort from Next or similar. I told her he was talking shite. I don't think that you're ever too old to wear Converse. I shall be wearing them for as long as I like! Ha!

So what do you think? "

I'm 44 and I wear them. It's about the only name I wear mind.

over a year ago

So what do you think? "

What are converse?

By *airybearCouple
over a year ago

Newcastle Under Lyme

My kids who are 20 and 17 reckon Converse are becoming the label for the older generation and they're starting to shun Converse in favour of Vans. I don't don't do "brands" myself so couldn't care less one way or the other.

over a year ago

Kids think they invented everything and overlook generations before pathed the way, to he fair though we did in our younger days,

Not age related, do as you please

over a year ago

"Kids think they invented everything and overlook generations before pathed the way, to he fair though we did in our younger days,

Not age related, do as you please"

I can't remember if adults wore converse when I was a kid. My 18 yr old cousin had some. My parents wouldn't have

over a year ago

"Kids think they invented everything and overlook generations before pathed the way, to he fair though we did in our younger days,

Not age related, do as you please

I can't remember if adults wore converse when I was a kid. My 18 yr old cousin had some. My parents wouldn't have "

Haha generally speaking not limited to converse

over a year ago

I wore converse in my youth and I'm now 41 and still have a pair, as well as a pair of blazers,

I wear them because they're nice and comfy

By *uzy444Woman
over a year ago

in the suffolk countryside

dont ask 21 year olds anything, they think they know stuff when they dont know anything at all. do what you like, be what you like and wear what you like...for the rest of your days...kids who'd have them...

over a year ago

"dont ask 21 year olds anything, they think they know stuff when they dont know anything at all. do what you like, be what you like and wear what you like...for the rest of your days...kids who'd have them... "

Haha this

By *irtyGirl OP   Woman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

Thank you! That's exactly what I told her! Now he's completely put her off them cause she thinks she's too old!

I told her to tell her son that I'm gonna give him a thick ear next time I see him!

Bet he's still wearing Converse when he gets to her age! Cheeky bugger!!

over a year ago

Wear whatever you like, it's what you feel comfortable in that counts...saying that I've had converse in the past and found them to be the most uncomfortable trainers I've ever owned!

I hear the new ones are being made by Nike now though which can only be good

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

I like them....on other people would look silly on me as I don't wear jeans anyway, I don't really take much notice of peoples footwear but now I think about it I think I see converse mainly on guys 35+

over a year ago

Never too old at all for Converse. Absolutely love them , they are so comfy

By *ittle Pocket PerveWoman
over a year ago

Portsmouth

"Never too old at all for Converse. Absolutely love them , they are so comfy "

I agree, I'm going to carry on wearing mine

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

Actually when I say converse I actually mean converse types as I don't look at labels

over a year ago

love them - not got any but no reason why i shouldnt

By *umourCouple
over a year ago

Rushden

Converse? They are just deck shoes that we used to wear on the boat! Posh (coloured) plimsolls!!! But I suppose all you fashion victims must have a name!!

Wear what you like, we do!

By *oobsandballsMan
over a year ago

st andrews

I'm 36 and have a few pairs, including Supeman and Green Lantern ones. Don't care what anyone thinks

over a year ago

So what do you think? "

Adidas all the way for me. I'm old school though.

over a year ago

No way i wear them plus my high tops i love my trainers tbf.

Seen a woman in her 60s ish.

Rocking them she looked good too

over a year ago

"Where what you want, I say. Your kids will consider you embarassing anyway so crack on!"

over a year ago

"If the shoe fits.......lol"

By *issHottieBottieWoman
over a year ago

Kent

Ive got a pastel polka dot pair and some denim chucks that I wear for lifting in the gym, I find it's easier to squat in them than proper trainers..

over a year ago

"My kids who are 20 and 17 reckon Converse are becoming the label for the older generation and they're starting to shun Converse in favour of Vans. I don't don't do "brands" myself so couldn't care less one way or the other. "

My son has shunned Vans as so yesterday and moved onto Nike day wear. He passed on his unworn Vans to his old codger

over a year ago

I'm more wary about what I wear as im getting older and so is my hubby. We tend to go to Next, M&S, Burton etc etc. Like to think we're getting more refined as we're getting older

over a year ago

It's a shoe!? Who gives a flying turd what someone thinks. More importantly it's a shizer shoe. Adidas Gazelles all the way!!

over a year ago

I'm 41 & have converse,they are cool for any age -my son has some great limited edition gorillas (the band) hand painted

ones pity i'm not a size 10 Peachesx

over a year ago

Yep old school High Tops are the bomb. Same with Vans; I still wear both when I skateboard to the cornershop to pick up my copy of the NME, I'm 42 next week!

over a year ago

I can remember the days when a pair of All-Stars on your feet and a Snake-belt holding up your Bobby Washable jeans were the default staple of every kids playing-out clothes

By *hole Lotta RosieWoman
over a year ago

Deviant City

I have about 8 pairs of converse and love them. I'll never be too old to wear them!

over a year ago

Used to get mine from flip of Hollywood in Edinburgh back in my skateboarding days.....

Best pair I bought had the Rolling Stones lips logo embroidered on both ankles

You're never to old for converse.

By *igeiaWoman
over a year ago

Bristol

I'm not stopping wearing mine. Young people can sod off with their 'but they're young peoples' shoes' whining; I have pairs of Converse older than they are.

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

Never owned a pair

over a year ago

I like them but won't wear them, not because of the age thing but more because they make me walk like I have a disability

over a year ago

Pretty much always wearing docs or converse. Buy the same for my kids. Have tried cheaper stuff but they don't last and a wrecked in days.

over a year ago

Probably get butchered for this but the only thing limited to young people is baseball caps and crop tops

By *irtyGirl OP   Woman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

"Used to get mine from flip of Hollywood in Edinburgh back in my skateboarding days.....

You're never to old for converse."

Oh I remember Flip!

Those were the days!!

over a year ago

"Used to get mine from flip of Hollywood in Edinburgh back in my skateboarding days.....

Oh I remember Flip!

Those were the days!! "

They sure were.Really cool shop

over a year ago

Converse are the ones that come up over the ankle, and have a star in the side yeah?

They've really come back last few years. More of an ankle flasher myself, but carry on

over a year ago

Love mine but my kids think because I'm old I should wear sketchers

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

There is no limit, as it's a classic brand. And there's still no limit if you want it.

Any kid of that age is likely to have distorted _iews on what's acceptable for their parents though.

By *irtyGirl OP   Woman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

Oh I remember Flip!

Those were the days!!

They sure were.Really cool shop "

I don't half feel old now though!!

over a year ago

Where what you like. I'm heading dangerously close to pension age and I still wear Converse trainers and Adidas. Also have several pairs of Fred Perry trainers. I don't give a fuck what anyone thinks. I'm growing old disgracefully

over a year ago

Oh I remember Flip!

Those were the days!!

I don't half feel old now though!! "

Old is a state of mind n if you were the type of person to shop at flip then you shall remain forever young......in the head at least!

over a year ago

They say that now - but wait till they reach middle age....

Similar to someone else on the thread I use an old pair of chuck taylor's at the gym because they are so flat...

And a new pair of the ultra comfy recently-released chuck taylor ii's for when I wish to look 'hip'!

By *artytwoCouple
over a year ago

Wolverhampton

I like me Vans.

They seem to grip my flatties better when I'm trying to bunny-hop.

over a year ago

If you want to be really cool, see if you can cop some pf flyers...very similar in design to the classic converse chuck t's and very, very comfy.

Side note: pf flyers brand was briefly owned by converse back in the day.

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

I'm 35 and wear converse

By *irtyGirl OP   Woman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

Oh I remember Flip!

Those were the days!!

Old is a state of mind n if you were the type of person to shop at flip then you shall remain forever young......in the head at least! "

Hurrah! I don't feel any older than I did when I was shopping in Flip!

over a year ago

Oh I remember Flip!

Those were the days!!

Old is a state of mind n if you were the type of person to shop at flip then you shall remain forever young......in the head at least!

Hurrah! I don't feel any older than I did when I was shopping in Flip! "

Me neither,but then I do have a bad case of peter pan syndrome!

By *irtyGirl OP   Woman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

Oh I remember Flip!

Those were the days!!

Me neither,but then I do have a bad case of peter pan syndrome!"

I'm pretty sure that's not a bad thing!

over a year ago

Oh I remember Flip!

Those were the days!!

I'm pretty sure that's not a bad thing! "

Not for me,but the local kids might disagree when I commandeer the climbing frame at the park!

By *irtyGirl OP   Woman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

Oh I remember Flip!

Those were the days!!

Not for me,but the local kids might disagree when I commandeer the climbing frame at the park! "

When I have a garden, the first thing I'm gonna do is put in an adult size swing!

over a year ago

Oh I remember Flip!

Those were the days!!

Not for me,but the local kids might disagree when I commandeer the climbing frame at the park!

When I have a garden, the first thing I'm gonna do is put in an adult size swing! "

With attachments?

over a year ago

"Never owned a pair"

Nor have I.

over a year ago

I love mine especially the bright pink pair , my teenage son has other ideas... I shouldn't colour my hair or wear Lycra in his opinion either.

over a year ago

"I love mine especially the bright pink pair , my teenage son has other ideas... I shouldn't colour my hair or wear Lycra in his opinion either. "

Pillar box red Miss B?

over a year ago

"I love mine especially the bright pink pair , my teenage son has other ideas... I shouldn't colour my hair or wear Lycra in his opinion either.

Pillar box red Miss B? "

Are you referring to my dress ?

over a year ago

"

When I have a garden, the first thing I'm gonna do is put in an adult size swing! "

When you do you should invite me round to have the first shot.....just to make sure it's sturdy n safe enough of course.

By *ulfilthmentMan
over a year ago

Just around the corner

Is be very disappointed if women stopped wearing them at any age. I've always had a soft spot for them. In fact maybe there should be more on display in profile pics.

By *irtyGirl OP   Woman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

"

When I have a garden, the first thing I'm gonna do is put in an adult size swing!

When you do you should invite me round to have the first shot.....just to make sure it's sturdy n safe enough of course. "

My lardy arse is way bigger than yours!

over a year ago

"

When you do you should invite me round to have the first shot.....just to make sure it's sturdy n safe enough of course.

My lardy arse is way bigger than yours! "

Haha fair dos,although my swinging technique is so full on n vigorous it would be equivalent to a 20 stone guy testing your swing out.........

force=acceleration X mass n all that jazz

By *ungbikerMan
over a year ago

Whitley Bay

I love to see them on all ages, men and women. I have about 25prs

By *irtyGirl OP   Woman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

By *alandNitaCouple
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

I've been wearing mine for about 15 years, but only whilst playing the drums.

Cal

By *oredbusinessmanMan
over a year ago

Downham Market

We were in converse when he was still dust in the universe!

over a year ago

No, I bought a pair of hi-tops last week

over a year ago

Wear what you want.

over a year ago

I have an out 5 different coloured pairs myself.

Mrs

By *imiUKMan
over a year ago

Hereford

They've been around for decades, so no.

By *iamondjoeMan
over a year ago

Glastonbury

So what do you think? "

I don't even know what Converse is/are, so probably yes

By *ENDAROOSCouple
over a year ago

South West London / Surrey

So what do you think? "

I love them.

Our teenager tells me, I'm too far old for them, so I wear them all the more.

By *irtyGirl OP   Woman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

I'm currently sporting striped Rocket Dogs at a house party (cause I'm old and sensible) and half my colleagues can't actually believe I'm 43!

#winningatlife

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

I _iew Converse as a middle age person's brand and then younger too.

over a year ago

Love them.

I have four pairs.

over a year ago

I'm a self styled sneaker head. one is never too old for a pair of chuck Taylor's

over a year ago

I know I can be controversial but I wear clothes/footwear because..

a, I like them

b, they're comfortable

c, not stupidly priced

There, I be said it

over a year ago

I (female) have 3 pairs including wonderwoman and catwoman high tops!

I wear what I feel comfortable in at the end of the day. Xx

over a year ago

I wear what i want too. I don't bother what anyone else thinks !

I have loads of them and wear them most days

By *ave1100Man
over a year ago

Manchester

The best x

Post new Message to Thread