Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

A league of you own ?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Do we place ourselves in leagues ? ....ive seen on a few profiles something to the effect of ' if you think we are out of your league then we probably are'

Off-putting or what ?

Yes we all like to think we are attractive and we all have certain preferences and standards, which is good ,we can't all like the same but really just because someone isn't our cup of tea are we really to good for them ?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

dont know about league of my own but def in a world of my own, its a fun place to be

over a year ago

all in the head .... if people think some out of there league here and will not mail Thay maybe missing out on meets.... or t think thay are in difftent league thats just being Big head , lol

over a year ago

"dont know about league of my own but def in a world of my own, its a fun place to be "

lol ditto ! x

agreed jo .... you never know till you ask...id rather regret asking than missing out lol

x

By *ouvakMan
over a year ago

clacton on sea

theres a lot of difference's in this world and swinging is no different, but the thing that kind of amaze's me from time to time is the aloofness of some people, we all know we aren't all attracted to the same thing and if we were sites like this would need to here for us to use because we would all be with the partner/player that we want to be with.

but league's ?? come on this aint football rugby or any other sport, this is swinging for fun and enjoyment, I never realised there was a points system in operation or I'd have drafted in a body double for all the action lol,

what do you score and how do you rate the performance of others ?

as you can see I've taken a rather sarcastic approach to this subject, as i hope many more of you will too

over a year ago

"theres a lot of difference's in this world and swinging is no different, but the thing that kind of amaze's me from time to time is the aloofness of some people, we all know we aren't all attracted to the same thing and if we were sites like this would need to here for us to use because we would all be with the partner/player that we want to be with.

but league's ?? come on this aint football rugby or any other sport, this is swinging for fun and enjoyment, I never realised there was a points system in operation or I'd have drafted in a body double for all the action lol,

what do you score and how do you rate the performance of others ?

as you can see I've taken a rather sarcastic approach to this subject, as i hope many more of you will too "

oh i dont see myself in a league at all ! i just want a good time with someone im attracted to and can have a good giggle with , before , during and afterwards. x

By *ummy mummyWoman
over a year ago

southampton-ish

"dont know about league of my own but def in a world of my own, its a fun place to be "

the sky is pink with purple polkadots in mt world

over a year ago

ridiculous, thats the beauty of us all liking different things. surely nobody thinks that everyone finds them attractive 1 mans/ladies meat is another mans/ladies poison

By *unky monkeyMan
over a year ago

in the night garden

I suppose the key thing is how self-aware the person is, this fundamentally affects the 'league' they put themselves in.

See I put myself in a league five leagues higher than anyone else's league BUT I'm a narcissistic attention seeker with a superiority complex so it's possible that I may be incorrect, I highly doubt it though!

over a year ago

Ah league tables….. hmmmm , Sox perennially finds himself at the foot of the relegation zone…… hey, actually its part of my game plan....firstly because it's not so far to fall …. And secondly from a tactical position where being bottom can have its advantages as a bisexual male,,,,don't ya know !!!!

over a year ago

LIKE to think i can get along with anybody ,TRUE some people are so far up there own bottoms !, AND to think someone is better than someone else ,is very shallow ,we are all equal . i find some people attractive others not so ,but its still nice to meet people from different walks of life ,and a personality is a plus for me ,xx

By *nvictusMan
over a year ago

Beeston

I'm still sat on the subs bench!

Free transfer anyone?

over a year ago

"LIKE to think i can get along with anybody ,TRUE some people are so far up there own bottoms !, AND to think someone is better than someone else ,is very shallow ,we are all equal . i find some people attractive others not so ,but its still nice to meet people from different walks of life ,and a personality is a plus for me ,xx"

agreed ! attraction isn't only physical .... if you don't stimulate me mentally to then its a non starter !

over a year ago

Those people are usually the ones that start threads about timewasters and people blocking them!!

So far up their own arses they are then floored when mere mortals delete and block or don't want to meet them!!!

My talking mirror tells me I'm fantastic and in a league of my own every day...don't need to put it on my profile and make others feel bad for being in the Blue Square Conference League!!!

over a year ago

" if you think we are out of your league then we probably are'

Off-putting or what ?

"

just offputting as anyone putting this on their profile is a complete winker.

Up theirs!

By *nvictusMan
over a year ago

Beeston

" if you think we are out of your league then we probably are'

Off-putting or what ?

just offputting as anyone putting this on their profile is a complete winker.

Up theirs! "

I must admit I stop reading a profile if I see a phrase like that, some of them have so many standards to meet I'm amazed their not still virgins sometimes!

By *he_original_poloWoman
over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

If you look at it a slightly different way, there is some truth in the phrase "if you think we are out of your league then we probably are"... because doesn't it also say something about a person thinking "they are out of my league" ?

over a year ago

"If you look at it a slightly different way, there is some truth in the phrase "if you think we are out of your league then we probably are"... because doesn't it also say something about a person thinking "they are out of my league" ? "

no it does not, it is just completely patronising, as if peeps were not able to read a profile and judge for themselves whether play would turn out to be sexy fun or not.

Who are they to judge their own league anyhows?

By *nvictusMan
over a year ago

Beeston

"If you look at it a slightly different way, there is some truth in the phrase "if you think we are out of your league then we probably are"... because doesn't it also say something about a person thinking "they are out of my league" ? "

I've got: "If you think your in a low enough league to contact me, then you probably are"...could this be off putting?

over a year ago

"If you look at it a slightly different way, there is some truth in the phrase "if you think we are out of your league then we probably are"... because doesn't it also say something about a person thinking "they are out of my league" ?

I've got: "If you think your in a low enough league to contact me, then you probably are"...could this be off putting? "

Only for people with stooping problems.

over a year ago

"If you look at it a slightly different way, there is some truth in the phrase "if you think we are out of your league then we probably are"... because doesn't it also say something about a person thinking "they are out of my league" ?

no it does not, it is just completely patronising, as if peeps were not able to read a profile and judge for themselves whether play would turn out to be sexy fun or not.

Who are they to judge their own league anyhows?"

It may say 'if you think we are out of your league' but we always read it as

'listen,we're probably out of your league'

we never read further than that really

By *i 1 Get 1 FreeCouple (MM)
over a year ago

birmingham

"if you don't stimulate me mentally to then its a non starter ! "
Ah, but some just want to meet for sex and are not up for social interaction! for example, we have within our profile: "Thanks, but no thanks to any offer to stay overnight, we're looking for sexual fun / and not really up for social interaction the morning after!"

over a year ago

Who are they to judge their own league anyhows?"

The phrase itself doesn't judge... the person thinking "you are out of my league" is judging.

I am just thinking back to how many messages I have had which started with the line "you are probably out of my league"... they were probably right. Not because of what I think about myself, but because of they think about themselves to have thought it in the first place.

over a year ago

Just re-iterating some of the earlier comments.No one should consider themselves above or below someone elses league,because we are all different and unique and as such what one person might find attractive another won't.I know its a cliche but i find warm,friendly and funny personality far more attractive than any physical attributes,having said that i do like a good pair of boobies,lol.

Only joking,please disregard that last sentence.

By *oucaneerMan
over a year ago

London

"Do we place ourselves in leagues ? ....ive seen on a few profiles something to the effect of ' if you think we are out of your league then we probably are'

Off-putting or what ?

Yes we all like to think we are attractive and we all have certain preferences and standards, which is good ,we can't all like the same but really just because someone isn't our cup of tea are we really to good for them ?

"

A league is three nautical miles or roughly As far as you can walk in An hour. By these standard's and meaning's lot's of people would be out of many peoples league's.

I think it is silly, if someone is bashfull or shy, the person advertising would miss out on a potential good meet. They should just let potential's post and they can make their own mind's up.

Probably stems from lack of confidence themselve's.

over a year ago

I know the ones you mean. When i come accross the "we do this, and we do that , and done this for 50 years so if we seem out of your league we probably are " bollox, i stop reading and lose intrest. They maybe have badges and rankings ?

over a year ago

The phrase itself doesn't judge... the person thinking "you are out of my league" is judging.

I am just thinking back to how many messages I have had which started with the line "you are probably out of my league"... they were probably right. Not because of what I think about myself, but because of they think about themselves to have thought it in the first place."

I agree with you, this is also how I read it.

It's not the fault of the person recieving a message if the person sending it deems themselves to be 'not worthy'. I find it unnattractive when people say that they may be 'out of your league' in messages, I'd rather make that judgement (not that I think in terms of leagues). So, for me, if someone thinks they are out of your league, they probably assume your just shallow, and as a result they probably are.

Might not be a popular thing to say, but hey......

over a year ago

Hooray! Someone else got it too!

Who wants to meet with non-like minded people? If you think you're out of someone's league it shows you have a serious confidnece problem and that can manifest itself in so many different ways on a meet. You get jealous when the hubby plays with superbabe, or he gets jealous when drop dead huge cock plays with you.

It's a crude way of telling someone to bugger off but effective too.

over a year ago

Anyone in my league, please apply - equal opportunities policy in place

Forum Mod

over a year ago

I see it as 2 types of people only that would use that expression

People with inflated egos

People with no confidence in themselves

over a year ago

It may say 'if you think we are out of your league' but we always read it as

'listen,we're probably out of your league'

we never read further than that really"

more like they are not in your league my love xxx

over a year ago

Who wants to meet with non-like minded people? If you think you're out of someone's league it shows you have a serious confidnece problem and that can manifest itself in so many different ways on a meet. You get jealous when the hubby plays with superbabe, or he gets jealous when drop dead huge cock plays with you.

It's a crude way of telling someone to bugger off but effective too."

yeah right, big egos for big egos and good luck to them, may they have many superficially fun times.

over a year ago

yeah right, big egos for big egos and good luck to them, may they have many superficially fun times. "

or little heads for little head. We will stick with "normal" swingers wethinks.

over a year ago

I love the twisted irony in judgemental comments from the judging in complaint about the judgemental have no right to judge.

By *nvictusMan
over a year ago

Beeston

"I love the twisted irony in judgemental comments from the judging in complaint about the judgemental have no right to judge."

Are you judging us?

over a year ago

"I love the twisted irony in judgemental comments from the judging in complaint about the judgemental have no right to judge.

Are you judging us? "

Yes...8 out of 10 for effort.

By *nvictusMan
over a year ago

Beeston

"I love the twisted irony in judgemental comments from the judging in complaint about the judgemental have no right to judge.

Are you judging us?

Yes...8 out of 10 for effort."

Otherwise known as a deferred success!

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

Im being promoted too division 4 next year.

What a load of bollocks surely the key is to be able to get on with all walks of life, after all where only here for nsa.

I like to pride myself that i can sit in a transport cafe or the ritz and feel comfortable in both

over a year ago

I have preferences, so has everyone else. So what if my preferences happen to be very different to other people's?

over a year ago

yeah right, big egos for big egos and good luck to them, may they have many superficially fun times. "

Should good looking people shag mingers on occasion just to be deemed 'normal'? Isn't that akin to taking one for the team (ie. the swinging community)?

Would you take one for your team?

over a year ago

yeah right, big egos for big egos and good luck to them, may they have many superficially fun times.

Should good looking people shag mingers on occasion just to be deemed 'normal'? Isn't that akin to taking one for the team (ie. the swinging community)?

Would you take one for your team?"

Got the wrong end of the double dildo methinks. Just don't like the idea of that particular phraseology. Find it patronising. Just our opinion tho which is mostly what peeps do on these threads is it not - opine I mean.

over a year ago

"if you don't stimulate me mentally to then its a non starter ! Ah, but some just want to meet for sex and are not up for social interaction! for example, we have within our profile: "Thanks, but no thanks to any offer to stay overnight, we're looking for sexual fun / and not really up for social interaction the morning after!""

Fair point, each to their own and all that , i rarely do overnight, but i do like to 'click' with a person and not just on a physical level. You could be my idea of drop dead gorgeous, but if you cant string a sentence together then im not interested.

So a few mixed opinions, but defiantly a majority vote for off-putting lol

thanks for your opinions people x

Post new Message to Thread