Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Seeing stars next two nights.

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Over next two days we should be seeing displays of shooting stars that light up the sky ... Earth encounters the Geminid meteors.. In clear dark conditions thay should be visible some may be faint. The brightest will appear as yellowish streaks....... where we live in the country no lights out side ... I hope to see . x JO

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *agman n angelCouple
over a year ago

benidorm

ok i guess you are not pro's on this subject, but just wondered if you know if we will see them too, we live in spain.

By *mumaWoman
over a year ago

Livingston

will Scottylandshire see them too?

over a year ago

Its saying the Earth so i would think everyone ..... its on AOL. I love stars ...... where i am the sky is full and really lovely at night.. I have horses out side here so over to see them at night when in stables and its just so lovely on a clear night. x

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"will Scottylandshire see them too?"

Courtesy of MSN News,,,,, A spokesman for the Royal Astronomical Society said: "As with most astronomical events, the best place to see meteors is at dark sites away from the light pollution of towns and cities. In good weather, rural sites such as Galloway Forest Dark Sky Park in Scotland are potentially excellent locations to see the Geminid shower." The forecast is for up to 120 meteors per hour, but that's under perfect conditions." The shower's peak occurs at around 1100 on Tuesday, it may be possible to catch the shooting stars during dark periods any time up to Wednesday morning.

By *mumaWoman
over a year ago

Livingston

ty Soxy (naewhere near me though). Guess I will hit myself wi a hammer and see stars that way instead. xxxx Where you been btw???

over a year ago

If you see stars will you tell me xx love to here ..... x JO

over a year ago

"ty Soxy (naewhere near me though). Guess I will hit myself wi a hammer and see stars that way instead. xxxx Where you been btw???"

Ahem.... clears throat and attempts my best fake Aberdonian accent, (cuz Its the only one I can do without sounding like Jimmy Krankie) …. And OMG…. don’t ya know,,,, Jimmy is actually a lass dressed up as a lad… I mean ewwww,,,, that’s just so wrong…. haha

Anyway,,,, Fit like Quine ?, Aye min its a Sair fecht for a half loaf and theres nae doot !,, ya ken fit a mean !

Hey though _muma, You should be Ok to see some the shooty star thingy’s from where you are….Oh and Btw I’ve not been hiding or nowt,,,,,,, Its just as you all well know!!,,, I’m a man of very few words… hohoho….

(“incidentally “hoho” is just my seasonal LOL ) as ya do !!!!

By *mumaWoman
over a year ago

Livingston

"ty Soxy (naewhere near me though). Guess I will hit myself wi a hammer and see stars that way instead. xxxx Where you been btw???

Ahem.... clears throat and attempts my best fake Aberdonian accent, (cuz Its the only one I can do without sounding like Jimmy Krankie) …. And OMG…. don’t ya know,,,, Jimmy is actually a lass dressed up as a lad… I mean ewwww,,,, that’s just so wrong…. haha

Anyway,,,, Fit like Quine ?, Aye min its a Sair fecht for a half loaf and theres nae doot !,, ya ken fit a mean !

Hey though _muma, You should be Ok to see some the shooty star thingy’s from where you are….Oh and Btw I’ve not been hiding or nowt,,,,,,, Its just as you all well know!!,,, I’m a man of very few words… hohoho….

"

Can someone please translate that - I'm from near Edinburgh!!!

By *he_original_poloWoman
over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

"If you see stars will you tell me xx love to here ..... x JO"

I saw Bobby Davro at the train station once.

By *nvictusMan
over a year ago

Beeston

"ty Soxy (naewhere near me though). Guess I will hit myself wi a hammer and see stars that way instead. xxxx Where you been btw???

Can someone please translate that - I'm from near Edinburgh!!!"

Th gist was: 'my handbag is nicer than yours but it does lack a convenient place to store coins'

over a year ago

"If you see stars will you tell me xx love to here ..... x JO

I saw Bobby Davro at the train station once.

"

lololol god woman ,,in the sky and night .... ooo love the new bum pics xx

over a year ago

"

is this English ?? lol

over a year ago

Th gist was: 'my handbag is nicer than yours but it does lack a convenient place to store coins' "

Haha,,,,, Viccyboi.....that made me chuckle....no, really it did !!!....I think I even cracked a simle,,,well I presume I did, cuz I felt my cheeks stinging,,, yikes,,,,I must be losing my diva-venom, cuz I don't even feel remotley compelled to attempt a witty retort in its honour…… OMG I’m turning into such a wimp……….

(((( Huggles))))

By *nvictusMan
over a year ago

Beeston

Th gist was: 'my handbag is nicer than yours but it does lack a convenient place to store coins'

Haha,,,,, Viccyboi.....that made me chuckle....no, really it did !!!....I think I even cracked a simle,,,well I presume I did, cuz I felt my cheeks stinging,,, yikes,,,,I must be losing my diva-venom, cuz I don't even feel remotley compelled to attempt a witty retort in its honour…… OMG I’m turning into such a wimp……….

(((( Huggles)))) "

Ah go on! I have a coin pouch remember!!

over a year ago

You wouldn't let it lie...... you could have let it lie.... but wouldn't let it lie,...... and now the whole forum gets to know you have a pink fluffy my-little-pony clutch bag that your trying to pass of as a hetrosexual macho man of the world coin holder/purse, type thingy-thang...... pahhahaha...... but now your secret is out....... rassssp I win.....

By *nvictusMan
over a year ago

Beeston

"You wouldn't let it lie...... you could have let it lie.... but wouldn't let it lie,...... and now the whole forum gets to know you have a pink fluffy my-little-pony clutch bag that your trying to pass of as a hetrosexual macho man of the world coin holder/purse, type thingy-thang...... pahhahaha...... but now your secret is out....... rassssp I win....."

Just goes to show, it's pointless shouting at the TV - you're better off just switching it off.

over a year ago

hi-de-hi....... ho-de-ho,,,,,, drum role,,, cymbal crash.... taa-daa,

...and Viccybio strikes again….

Oh-no,,,, be still my aching sides……

titter-titter,,,,gafaw-gafaw,,,,,,arf-arf….chortle-chortle….

sigh….......my bad !

Yes!!!!!!!

By *agman n angelCouple
over a year ago

benidorm

11:09pm just sat on the side of a mountain for the last 30 mins, but too cloudy here in spain to see anything tonight.

bugger have to try again tomorrow

over a year ago

ive just got home from a 3 hr drive home from work ..im so glad i saw this post cos i saw 3 shooting stars around the newbury area tonight and i thought i was seeing things !!

By *mumaWoman
over a year ago

Livingston

"ive just got home from a 3 hr drive home from work ..im so glad i saw this post cos i saw 3 shooting stars around the newbury area tonight and i thought i was seeing things !!"

not seen anything here - do you think opening the blinds would help?

By *nvictusMan
over a year ago

Beeston

"ive just got home from a 3 hr drive home from work ..im so glad i saw this post cos i saw 3 shooting stars around the newbury area tonight and i thought i was seeing things !!

not seen anything here - do you think opening the blinds would help? "

...I do worry about her sometimes.

Post new Message to Thread