Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

kids xmas prezzys

Jump to newest

By *ortheastcoupleuk OP   Couple
over a year ago

easington were the sun dont shine

its that time of the year when they ask and you try to get ,whats yours asked for this year and can you get hold of them

we just payed for the new xbox pack and should of been here the 9th and were told due to weather its been delayed

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

That's awful. Having said that, I'm not a parent, so the kids in my life get what I choose to buy them....if they don't like it...tough

By *utumnWoman
over a year ago

leeds

Cancelled Christmas when mine were 8,9,10 and 11 (now all in 20's) Dad left when they were little, no financial support, saved as much as I could, had to get them the "not real stuff" but looked like it and they all kicked off big style so told them there wouldn't be any more Christmas's and there never has been!! Think they learnt their lesson!

One concession we have a Christmas dinner!

over a year ago

tis hard being a single parent it was for me before i met my other half she brought back to me what xmas was about

By *ocketManUKMan
over a year ago

Cradley Heath

My first year as a single parent and I may be overcompensating; my 11 year old wants UGG boots. Now I have found out what they catually are, OMG!!!! And her brother wants an iPod.

over a year ago

I bought a small remote control helicopter for my nephew and when i got home i had to make sure it worked so tried it out and loved it so much i spent hours playing with it and now i've had to buy him a new one cause i played with it so much you can tell its been used.But at least on christmas day He will have someone to play Airwolf with,lol.

over a year ago

We were presented with my daughter's list in early November. Her b/day is late Nov so she wisened up to the fact that whatever we don't get off the list for her b/day she'll get it for Xmas.

I got her a new mobile for her b/day this year so she thinks she's had all the 'techy' stuff she's going to get.

Got her a new netbook for Xmas that she has no idea about. Her face will be a picture when she opens it.

Additional to that she's got the Justin Bieber autobiog, which seems a bit pointless when you consider he's only 16. It starts with Page 1: Got born. Page 200: made some songs....and all the rest in between consists basically of: 'Everybody loves me and I got hot girls chasing after me'.

She's getting a few other bits and pieces too to wad her pile out a bit. Can't have a small pile of pressies for Crimbo can you.

Our lad has got a fook off box of MegaBloks and.... a play kithcen! (Siren's idea), and a trampoline (Siren wanted the big one that goes in the garden but she changed her mind when I reminded her he's only 20mos old).

over a year ago

I thought as they got older the pressies would get cheaper as they would know the cost of things. I was so looking forward to buying them boxed sets of Ricki Gervais and such - I should be so lucky!!

Laptop, ipod touch, UGG boots...and boxed sets of Ricki Gervais, American Dad and Inbetweeners!!

Good thing I save separately for Christmas presents so I don't feel the pinch at Christmas!

over a year ago

My 11yr old son only put 4 things on his Yule list and not one of them cost over £40

over a year ago

My daughters mum and i have gone halves on a laptop this year

Shes not gettin much else cause we made a pact when she was little not ta spoil her

Cant wait ta see her face on Christmas mornin xx

over a year ago

im a single parent.money is tight for all.mine asked for a ipod shuffle and a scooter.luckily both reasonable.

over a year ago

I'm glad my kids aren't materialistic as such - they dont ask for the lastest whatever, and mostly they are happy with whatever we get them.

Oldest (12)is getting a Wii and games - family and friends are each putting a tenner in a card so in the sales she will get double the games that I would if I go now, and a few dvds.

Youngest (7) is getting a Nintendo DS (not the fancy one with cam my god the pics she would take of the cat!!!) just a bog standard can play the games she already has for her (broken)DS and a few new ones I know she wants, and like her sister some dvds as well as some arty stuff, and books cos youngest kid LOVES to read.

Dunno what else to get the 12 year old - what do you get a daughter who already has a mobile, PC, mp3 player, loads of dvds, cds, make up, sparkly things, as well as the TV, DVD player, video recorder??

Steven (the biggest kid) now he is the problem he refuses to let me know what he wants

Shona

x x x

over a year ago

i ordered a kindle off amazon about a month ago for my eldest daughter and its still not come yet

By *ummy mummyWoman
over a year ago

southampton-ish

luckily mine are all still quite young so the big lists have not happened yet.My 5 year old asked Santa for a couple of games that he plays at school and the phonics flashcards that they use plus a few other little things...for my 3 1/2 year old twin girls each a little wooden doll house ,some colouring and painting things and also a few little things.My ex has contributed with a massive box of LEGO as a joint pressie for them all.Oh and I have made them each 3 hand puppets and a puppet theater.Was very lucky this year that out of everything I bought, only 1 thing was full price and even luckier that my mum sent a huge care package from Canada with all of our stockings already full of little wrapped pressies...has helped make it special for me as has been very difficult being on my own with no family over here for christmas

over a year ago

kids dont really understand the value of money tho do they? my 9 year old wants everything, ive just done my 9th 10 hour night shift in a row to get the extra money i need for xmas, it is hard being a single partent but because i dont want her to go without i'll happily do the over time to pay for her stuff, my eldest two are 17 and 18 and luckly they do understand the value of money and have been quite sensible in what they have asked for

my youngest wanted a nintendo dsi xl which i paid £150 for then a further £100 on 3 games for it, the other day she was looking on some site online when i asked what she was looking for she replied my main presant lol when i asked her what she thought the nintendo was she said....but thts only small its not my main presant i need something big like a bike for my main presant

dont you love kids

By *ignbouncybabeWoman
over a year ago

birmingham

My 12 year old changes his mind every other day about what he wants as his main present, I've gone with the ipod touch but you can bet ya life he'll change his mind xmas eve and want a psp go. The eldest (28) will get money, clothes and aftershave.

over a year ago

My eldest is having a new bed, he wants one of those faux leather sleigh type beds. I dont mind those kind of presents, as hes 21 and engaged so when he does move out (hopefully not yet, hes still too young in my eyes) but he will at least be able to take it with him.

Not sure about the youngest. He did want an IPad, but he has 2 pc's one of which is a laptop, he has an Ipod Touch, I just feel the Ipad, at £500 is a bit of a waste of money. Other than that he wants clothes this year, though he is a skater boy and skating shoes and jeans etc are quite expensive anyway, so its not as if he'll get a lot of clothes with each item usually around the £70 each mark.

I am responsible for my kids being materialistic, though they know my limits, I cant give them what other wealthier parents can. I do have to save up all year in order to splash out for them, but I do want them to have the latest gadgets etc.

over a year ago

its cloths now for kids wanting the real i am gear thats so exspensive

Post new Message to Thread