Jump to newest

By *aintmike OP   Man
over a year ago

glasgow

iv an alibi,,have you,,,

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Well it would have to be at least two ppl - if it was a big 'un else it would of left a track to follow

over a year ago

seen this on tv..what a bloody numpty.

over a year ago

"seen this on tv..what a bloody numpty."

i think all these news stories may be funny at the time and continue to be but it let us know what ppl really think of services etc. ppl are not as clued in as some ppl like to think.

so when somebody does something got to be careful some onlooker is able to judge it properly or is equiped too.

with being human comes responsibility

over a year ago

totally agree but hopefully no one who actually needed the emergency services were delayed while this lady wasted there valuable time...although her property was stolen a trip to her local police station would have been better...maybe lol

over a year ago

"totally agree but hopefully no one who actually needed the emergency services were delayed while this lady wasted there valuable time...although her property was stolen a trip to her local police station would have been better...maybe lol"

well i think some blame lays with the priocedure of taking phone calls. soon as the call was heard they should have put it down and left it as it was..

without the talking trying to explain , a letter would have been more appropriate...

By *lexavierWoman
over a year ago

north birmingham

"totally agree but hopefully no one who actually needed the emergency services were delayed while this lady wasted there valuable time...although her property was stolen a trip to her local police station would have been better...maybe lol

well i think some blame lays with the priocedure of taking phone calls. soon as the call was heard they should have put it down and left it as it was..

without the talking trying to explain , a letter would have been more appropriate...

"

NO! You cannot implement something like that - what if the caller had started with saying "someone has nicked my snowman" then gone on to say "so I found them and slashed them with my kitchen knife I was so angry, and I want them arrested" --- you simply do NOT know what the problem is until you have asked enough questions to ensure they have told you everything. You wouldn't believe the number of people call with something which initially sounds mundane, even slightly weird, but then, with the right questions and patience you find that it is something real and needs immediate action.

Start assuming from the first couple of sentences and people will die through the operators actions - and that would REALLY hit the headlines!

By *mumaWoman
over a year ago

Livingston

"iv an alibi,,have you,,, "

it was soapy and invictus. sharpy was the driver!!! but I'm saying nowt oops, damn!!

over a year ago

"totally agree but hopefully no one who actually needed the emergency services were delayed while this lady wasted there valuable time...although her property was stolen a trip to her local police station would have been better...maybe lol

NO! You cannot implement something like that - what if the caller had started with saying "someone has nicked my snowman" then gone on to say "so I found them and slashed them with my kitchen knife I was so angry, and I want them arrested" --- you simply do NOT know what the problem is until you have asked enough questions to ensure they have told you everything. You wouldn't believe the number of people call with something which initially sounds mundane, even slightly weird, but then, with the right questions and patience you find that it is something real and needs immediate action.

Start assuming from the first couple of sentences and people will die through the operators actions - and that would REALLY hit the headlines!"

If u phone up the police u want them to take notice of u, if u HAD slashed the person i think u would have began your msg relating to that....

over a year ago

Start assuming from the first couple of sentences and people will die through the operators actions - and that would REALLY hit the headlines!

If u phone up the police u want them to take notice of u, if u HAD slashed the person i think u would have began your msg relating to that...."

actually the lady is right.. it can sound mundane and turn out to be an emergency with probing.. i used to take calls for out of hours doctors and we got the same sort of thing!

over a year ago

If u phone up the police u want them to take notice of u, if u HAD slashed the person i think u would have began your msg relating to that....

actually the lady is right.. it can sound mundane and turn out to be an emergency with probing.. i used to take calls for out of hours doctors and we got the same sort of thing!"

well for the snowman i think one question could be easily done and then hung up.

Did u confront the person ?

No

hang up.

Post new Message to Thread