Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Games consoles

Jump to newest

By *iamondsmiles. OP   Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

I dont know a thing about games consoles not even what half of them are called, but i was thinking of buying one in the new year to have friends round and do a bit of keep fit. Question is do you just buy whatever game and put it in. Question two is wii the best

I need an easy one as i cant even switch the television on on my own

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I've been looking into the different ones you can ge just recently and in the end I stuck with my original idea of getting a wii (it arrived today )

I'm only interested in the sport/fitness/activity type games and I think, at the moment, the Wii is the way to go.

over a year ago

"I've been looking into the different ones you can ge just recently and in the end I stuck with my original idea of getting a wii (it arrived today )

I'm only interested in the sport/fitness/activity type games and I think, at the moment, the Wii is the way to go."

Yes thats what i thought, my son has had them all but he used to just tell me what to get and that was it i never was interest but i know people have great fun with them

over a year ago

I find the wii is best for fitness games, they even have an exercise bike you can buy...which I'm treating myself to in new year!

You get a workout which ever game you put on as your using the motion sensor.

over a year ago

"I find the wii is best for fitness games, they even have an exercise bike you can buy...which I'm treating myself to in new year!

You get a workout which ever game you put on as your using the motion sensor."

well i want a few games to play with friends and a "light" fitness one. Do you just buy the fitness board ect as add ons

over a year ago

We got ours in a package with the fitness board (black console and black board), wii fit plus game and wii sports game.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 10/12/10 22:05:11]

over a year ago

"We got ours in a package with the fitness board (black console and black board), wii fit plus game and wii sports game."

oh where did you get that from and how much was it, ive seen some on amazon

By *ones_BoothCouple
over a year ago

Solihull

the kinnect by xbox is the way to go, it actually scans your body and were as the wii the remote does all the work, there is no remote on the xbox so u do all the work

xxx

over a year ago

None of them are particularly any good for keeping fit.

By *ig badMan
over a year ago

Up North :-)

"the kinnect by xbox is the way to go, it actually scans your body and were as the wii the remote does all the work, there is no remote on the xbox so u do all the work

xxx"

You just KNOW there is going to be a Kinnect sex game. Well its all toys after all

By *ouplefunukCouple
over a year ago

North Bristol

The Wii is ok, but getting a bit long in the tooth. Graphics are pants in comparison to other consoles, but it's quite sociable and fun.

The Xbox 360 with the Kinect addon seems to be rather good from what the TV adverts say. Seems much more focussed towards people that actually want to get fit etc. The graphics are much better too.

The PS3 hasn't yet got any fitness games that I know of, but don't worry, Sony won't let that go for long. It is by far the most powerful of all the consoles and can easily handle the most. Plus its got a Blu-ray drive. And can handle 3D. It's also the most expensive.

You pays ya money, you takes ya choice.

*Him*

over a year ago

i got rid of my wii last year has i got so into it i was breaking all the controllers with my fierce nature.

but i did enjoy it but have yet to try the xbox360 thing.

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

Fierce Nature?

grrrrrrr

By *havenangel1Couple
over a year ago

Worcester

I have a wii and use it for exactly what your looking for and love it. It's not complicated if i can use it anyone can

over a year ago

"None of them are particularly any good for keeping fit."

Rubbish.. I have lost nearly 4 stone using the wii fit. I use it everyday...

Its great.

As to the OP. The wii is great in my house although I have two and a gamecube too..( the wii plays those)

Only console I no longer have is the ps3 as I sold it as got sick of waiting for GT5.

The new xbox kinetix looks good but its quite expensive.. and the wii does for me a good job. Plus having small kids around the wii is the better console..

Plus who doesnt like mario. :D

Katie.

By *arambarMan
over a year ago

swindon

"I dont know a thing about games consoles not even what half of them are called, but i was thinking of buying one in the new year to have friends round and do a bit of keep fit. Question is do you just buy whatever game and put it in. Question two is wii the best

I need an easy one as i cant even switch the television on on my own"

*geek mode enabled*

If you're being genuine about your technical abilities, then I'd suggest getting the Wii instead of the XBox 360 or the PS3. I have both a Wii and a 360 (they're for my son, really.... honest!) and the Wii is the easier console to just switch on and use.

The 360 is more technologically advanced and is capable of doing more stuff, especially if you also buy the Kinect (the motion detection camera that turns you into the controller based on your body movements) but from your first post it's clear you couldn't give a rat's arse about whether the console displays games in High Definition or with Dolby Digital Sound, etc... as long as it's easy to use and fun to play. For that reason alone, I'd say to get a Wii.

That's not to say that the 360 is a bad console - I thought I'd better say that before the 360 owners get all defensive over their purchases. Having played on Kinect a few times, it clearly is technically much more advanced than the Wii's controllers, but I think it'd be overkill for what is required in this case.

The 360 and a Kinect is also still bloody expensive, whereas the Wii and a Wii Fit board can be picked up quite cheaply.

*geek mode disabled*

By *arambarMan
over a year ago

swindon

"None of them are particularly any good for keeping fit.

Rubbish.. I have lost nearly 4 stone using the wii fit. I use it everyday...

Its great.

As to the OP. The wii is great in my house although I have two and a gamecube too..( the wii plays those)

Only console I no longer have is the ps3 as I sold it as got sick of waiting for GT5.

The new xbox kinetix looks good but its quite expensive.. and the wii does for me a good job. Plus having small kids around the wii is the better console..

Plus who doesnt like mario. :D

Katie. "

Oooh, you have a Gamecube. I think I've just fallen in love with you Katie.

I've still got 2 sets of bongos for Donkey Konga. Do you fancy a game some time? I'm great at bashing away on my bongos to 99 Red Balloons by Nena!

Post new Message to Thread