Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Long haired or short haired

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

What do you prefer, ladies with long flowing locks or the girls with quirky short hairstyles.

I have naturally curly hair and for years I didnt like it. I had it cut short, very short and spiky in fact and whilst I liked it, it was funky and great for clubbing, a very different look etc, and I had various colours put through it etc, it did make me less feminine.

I decided to let my hair grow because of an experience at the office Christmas party in my previous job, when a partner of the company (a very butch lesbian) came onto me and when I turned her down, she said that she was sure I was a lesbian because of "my look".

I was pretty mortified (this was before swinging and I'd never had or wanted any bi experiences). Anyway I decided to grow my hair to look more "womanly" and I must admit I do look much more feminine than I did, but I will always love the short spiky punky look, miss it at times.

Since my hair has grown, and ive let it do its own thing and curl, my long blond curly hair does seem to attract people. I always have people touching it in clubs, as if they havent seen curly hair before, (I had a girl ask me where I had my spiral perm from once, cos she wanted that 80s look - cheeky bugger lol) and with the majority of women having poker straight hair, my curls do get me noticed.

You do have to be careful though. If you are a bigger girl, its hard to find a short hairstyle that suits, a very short, sharp, spiky punky look, is better on slim faced girls, as you can end up looking butch. I find longer fringes on short hair sexy, especially if you have dark expressive eyes, very sexy indeed.

Too long hair on an older person looks wrong too. Im in my early 40s so I keep my hair just past shoulder length, with it being curly it bounces up and looks shorter anyway.

So has a particular hairstyle made you more popular with the opposite (or same) sex?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

prefer short..

Love Grace Jones but maybe that is a tad short for some xxx

By *mumaWoman
over a year ago

Livingston

I have the best of both worlds, it short on the left and long on the right, a-la Phil Oakey (I'm an 80s reject)

By *he_original_poloWoman
over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

Whatever suits the person.

I had very long hair once... never thought it made me more feminine.

I now have very short hair... and certainly don't feel less feminine.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I've always had long curly hair and wouldn't have it any other way

over a year ago

"prefer short..

Love Grace Jones but maybe that is a tad short for some xxx"

I had my hair as short as that once, I could gel it into a little mohican too. It looked ok when I went out, as I was able to put more dramtic make up on and it looked very eye catching and different, it wasnt the same though in the daytime

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 06/12/10 15:02:35]

By *ouvakMan
over a year ago

clacton on sea

i like women with long hair, it makes them look more feminine, shorter styles on some women can and does make them look far to butch.

but hey like it says on the can

EACH TO THEIR OWN

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

I used to have a number 1 all over. My mum said i looked like a monkey, but i kept it for about 18 months. Now its sort of shoulder length at the back and slightly red, ok very red lol

over a year ago

It is a lovely colour Diamondsmiles. I love those vibrant reds but I just dont have the skin tone to carry it off

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

"It is a lovely colour Diamondsmiles. I love those vibrant reds but I just dont have the skin tone to carry it off "

Yes you do lol, go for it. I love my hair this colour its my statement that im not getting old lol

over a year ago

Hmmm I wonder if I could, im imagining my hair long, curly and bright red, and a black corset and black fishnets and spike stilettos, ooo the photo opportunities lol, hmmm i wonder

over a year ago

Long hair has never suited me.

I had grey hair since I was 14, and my mum and dad were both grey in their 30s, and it was not a surprise when I found myself greying in my 30s.

I had peeps coming up to me and ask if my hair is real.

WTF colours her hair white deliberately for goodness sake?!

over a year ago

It depends on the lady. I love Kates red hair. It's just past shoulder length.

I don't mind short hair either though

over a year ago

Lol @ Jack, now thats just to cover all possibilities in relation to meets isnt it

over a year ago

Have a reputation for being with long haired brunettes. Two female friends have gorgeous bodys and in early forties. They have short hair. From the neck up they look like men. Especially from behind if they are sitting on a sofa. One grew her hair for me but unfortunately i was with someone else by that time. She cut it short some time later (and didnt speak to me for months). An ex from 10years ago had long brunette hair half way down her back. Then she got it cut up to her ears. I struggled to 'get it up' after that and she noticed. We split up for another reason entirely but i began losing interest when she cut her hair very short.

Anything shorter than shoulder length doesnt really attract me. But we all have different tastes. This is just my opinion.

Oh and my most recent ex, when she turned 40 she wanted to get her hair cut. Her friends said yes i said no, please dont. On her 42nd birthday she thanked me saying nobody believes she is over 40. (At the time to me she looked 32 but now shes my evil ex she now looks 72 hahaaaha).

All of my exs have appreciated my honesty when it came to them looking good.

over a year ago

just please mesel really had it long had it medium had it curly, had a fringe, had it punky, had it asymetrical even got a wig for a bit o fun as it's altogether more me short at the end of the day. Just feels right for me.

over a year ago

probably cos I am tall, sophisticated and sexy (since we seem to be into self promotion)

over a year ago

I love long straight hair and down to the bum (not the straight dead look but with some bounce)

Shaz shaved her head a while back and she looked so lesbian was unreal

It's growing back now, just over shoulder length so i'm happy.

Tony

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

I had my hair long for ages n ages.....now short....i prefer it the way it is now

over a year ago

"probably cos I am tall, sophisticated and sexy (since we seem to be into self promotion) "

We should always be into self promotion, if you cant be happy with yourself then whats the point in life

Post new Message to Thread