Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Smoking in cars

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Here's one to get a good bit of debate going.

Should smoking in cars with children in them be banned.

According to the expert on the bbc it's over 20 times more harmful than being in a smokey building!?

I'm an ex smoker myself and supported the ban in pubs and would never smoke in front of children. But this feels like another step to people not being able to smoke in their own homes.

What do people think?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I think people should have the common sense and the common decency to not smoke in a car with children.

Hardly rocket science, is it.

dammie

over a year ago

We saw a little hatchback pull into a child space at Tesco. The mother opened her door and you'd have thought it was on fire the amount of smoke that billowed out.

She had half a fag in her mouth,very classy,then proceeded to unfasten a baby and toddler from the rear seats.

Probably dropping ash and blowing more smoke all over them in the process.

Poison herself if she must but not her kid's who have no say in the matter.

The ironic part about it was that on her rear window was the usual 'Caution Baby On Board',what a caring,thoughtful parent.

XXXX

over a year ago

dont get me started on this one this is the one thing that really makes my blood boil

i smoke because i choose to no one makes me and nobody buys my tobbacoo for me

it anoyed me when the smoking ban came into force and us smokes were forced out side to smoke but 2 years on i am now use to going outside to smoke

untill a few weeks ago at work when we were told that we could no longer go out for a smoke as they had made it a none smoking site and we couldnt leave site to smoke so now it means we have to go for 8 hrs without a smoke

as in banning smoking in our own cars thats infringing on peoples human rights if they are going to start that then they might as well stop people smoking in there own homes but if they are going to do that then they might as well stop selling tobbacoo based products all together but the goverment wont because of the tax they get off it

right rant over im off for a smoke lol

over a year ago

"I think people should have the common sense and the common decency to not smoke in a car with children.

Hardly rocket science, is it.

dammie"

You're right, it's not. But you certainly seem to see it happen.

over a year ago

"dont get me started on this one this is the one thing that really makes my blood boil

it anoyed me when the smoking ban came into force and us smokes were forced out side to smoke but 2 years on i am now use to going outside to smoke

untill a few weeks ago at work when we were told that we could no longer go out for a smoke as they had made it a none smoking site and we couldnt leave site to smoke so now it means we have to go for 8 hrs without a smoke

as in banning smoking in our own cars thats infringing on peoples human rights if they are going to start that then they might as well stop people smoking in there own homes but if they are going to do that then they might as well stop selling tobbacoo based products all together but the goverment wont because of the tax they get off it

right rant over im off for a smoke lol"

what i ment to add was somking in your own car with children in it is no differant to smoking in own home with children in it i personally carnt see any differants

over a year ago

"dont get me started on this one this is the one thing that really makes my blood boil

But what about the human rights of any child in the car who can't do anything about it?

XXXX

over a year ago

right rant over im off for a smoke lol

But what about the human rights of any child in the car who can't do anything about it?

what about the humn rights of a child who carnt et away from the parentd smoke in their own home

ok a car is an enclosed space but you can always aopen a window if you must smoke in the car with kids same as smoking in your own home you can open a door or window or go into another room

XXXX"

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 17/06/09 10:47:28]

over a year ago

what about the human right of children who parents smoke at home

ok a car is a enclosed space but aleast you can open the window

same as smoking at home you can at least open a door or window at home

like i said if they are going to ban smoking in our own cars lets ban smoking in our own homes so then we might as well ban smoking all together and stop selling tobbacco based products all together

over a year ago

i quite agree that its your choice to smoke..............but where is the childs right to choice???? or did they choose to be passive smokers!!

Constantly hear people moan about the cost to the NHS of smokers etc etc....but how much tax revenue does this drug raise......well far too much for Mr Brown to consider banning the sale of ciggies.

But back to the original post..........smoking in a car with a child present is just plain ignorant and constitutes a lack of brain cell activity!!!!!!!!!!!!

over a year ago

well as a smoker, I do not smoke in the car with children present. Window is always open, but it does blow in. Its just imposing smoke on other people then. And although I poke fun on our profile...saying...."we will meet non smokers"....I do like to think that am a considerate smoker. Am expect consideration back from non smokers....ie holding the ashtray during sex lol

over a year ago

I chose to give up a year before the ban came in (made it easier) I do not believe in forcing none smoking on people it's their free choice.

But I do believe that you should smoke in closed off places with other there.

If I go to a smokers house then I accept that they will smoke and to be honest it does not really bother me but I do believe that all smoking no matter where should be kept out of the childrens lungs at all costs.

over a year ago

On the subject of smoking you only have to look how many pubs have closed in the last two years since the ban,to realise it has put a lot of people out of work.

I am a smoker and actually in favor of smoke free rooms in public buildings and pubs

However having said that why the hell did they not re-introduce the smoke room (all pubs had this in days past0 instead of chucking us outside where are OUR human rights and they wonder why a lot of people dont go to the pubs no

The funniest thing about this is if you look at the regulations for smoking shelters outside they have to by law be fifty percent open to comply

My question is is this because by law a none smoker can go in them?

Human rights are not always fair this way and if a none soker has the right to go into a smoking shelter why do smokers not have the right to a smoke room in a warm pub?

Answers on a postcard please

over a year ago

"On the subject of smoking you only have to look how many pubs have closed in the last two years since the ban,to realise it has put a lot of people out of work.

I am a smoker and actually in favor of smoke free rooms in public buildings and pubs

However having said that why the hell did they not re-introduce the smoke room (all pubs had this in days past0 instead of chucking us outside where are OUR human rights and they wonder why a lot of people dont go to the pubs no

The funniest thing about this is if you look at the regulations for smoking shelters outside they have to by law be fifty percent open to comply

Human rights are not always fair this way and if a none soker has the right to go into a smoking shelter why do smokers not have the right to a smoke room in a warm pub?

Answers on a postcard please "

we are moving away from the OP and now its all about human rights of the smoker....lmao

over a year ago

Yes suppose i did move away from th op however i did say that i agree with none smoking places

I personally do not agree with smoking around children at all

Craig

over a year ago

"Yes suppose i did move away from th op however i did say that i agree with none smoking places"

naughty boy....dont do it again!!!

hee hee xx

over a year ago

"On the subject of smoking you only have to look how many pubs have closed in the last two years since the ban,to realise it has put a lot of people out of work.

Answers on a postcard please "

I believe the reason is that the staff who might not smoke have to collect the glasses.

Oddly a german mate of mind tells me that over there you can still smoke in the smaller pubs. They've kept that quiet over here!

over a year ago

""Yes suppose i did move away from th op however i did say that i agree with none smoking places"

naughty boy....dont do it again!!!

hee hee xx

"

ooooooohhh I need a spanking for that xxx

By *pecializedMan
over a year ago

newcastle/northumberland

spank spank

over a year ago

"spank spank"

Careful lol have you read our profile mmmmm lol x

Craig

over a year ago

I smoke... in my car, in my home... but if my niece were to visit me or I had to drive her I would not. Her father and I are scared for her to even see us smoking outside in case decideds to imitate it (you know that advert!)

I do think it's wrong that employers stop people having fag breaks full stop though. We know we are harming our bodies so provided we aren't harming anyone elses they should leave us alone!

By *ebzStarWoman
over a year ago

Notting

The pub trade has gone downhill on the whole.

Cheaper supermarket prices, thugs and crap bars with no atmosphere are a large proportion of why this happened.

The smoking ban only made matters worse and i have two good friends who smoke who now refuse to go to a pub even in the summer as they cant smoke.

I dont understand why there cant be a smoking room, if decent air con is used you cant even smell it.

But there is still the clearing up as mentioned above....

(And i rememeber well the days i worked in a bar and had to clean out 30 ashtrays at the end of the night and your hands stinking afterwards)

But it comes down to CHOICE - i could always have gotten a job at Tesco's stacking shelves in a smoke free enviroment if i wished.

Even if only 1 in 10 pubs had a smoking room - it would then be the non - smokers "choice" of they wanted to frequent that pub. That particular pub could also be a non childrens pub, and a non restaurant pub.

At least it would stop all the pubs seeming the same these days. Not many even do real ales anymore.

Anyway - back to the question of the OP, smoking should not be banned in cars, but people should use their bloody common sense - those that have it anyways.

over a year ago

im a smoker........yes i know , i got my "unclean badge" round me neck

but i cant abide smoking in cars, or anywhere small and enclosed.

i need ventilation , so its outside when possible.

And definately a no no when kids around.

By *umourCouple
over a year ago

Northants

"I smoke... in my car, in my home... but if my niece were to visit me or I had to drive her I would not. Her father and I are scared for her to even see us smoking outside in case decideds to imitate it (you know that advert!)

I do think it's wrong that employers stop people having fag breaks full stop though. We know we are harming our bodies so provided we aren't harming anyone elses they should leave us alone!"

My big gripe with this is the extra breaks smokers get!!! I used to have a smoker work for me and he used to take an extra hour a day in breaks and the non smokers wanted the same! Couldn't blame them, so I banned smoking from site and told mu smoker that he could only smoke off site.

He then took the same breaks and walked outside the yard and took even longer! So I ruled that once clocked in, staff could only leave site for legitimate appointments and at lunch time, which also improved security in our high value warehouse. So that was fours hours without a fag in the morning and three hours in the afternoon.

Guess what? He tried to say that fag breaks were legitimate appointments... In the end, we had to impose the rules with disciplinary action and he was eventually dismissed. Took us to a tribuneral and lost. He lost a good wage in a strong company and because he will not get a reference, is having trouble getting a job!

As for smoking in cars with kids? Anyone who does that should be ashamed of themselves and feel the full weight of any laws bought in! Kids have no say in what happens to them, so if the parents won't protect them, the law should.

over a year ago

"I smoke... in my car, in my home... but if my niece were to visit me or I had to drive her I would not. Her father and I are scared for her to even see us smoking outside in case decideds to imitate it (you know that advert!)

I do think it's wrong that employers stop people having fag breaks full stop though. We know we are harming our bodies so provided we aren't harming anyone elses they should leave us alone!

My big gripe with this is the extra breaks smokers get!!! I used to have a smoker work for me and he used to take an extra hour a day in breaks and the non smokers wanted the same! Couldn't blame them, so I banned smoking from site and told mu smoker that he could only smoke off site.

He then took the same breaks and walked outside the yard and took even longer! So I ruled that once clocked in, staff could only leave site for legitimate appointments and at lunch time, which also improved security in our high value warehouse. So that was fours hours without a fag in the morning and three hours in the afternoon.

Guess what? He tried to say that fag breaks were legitimate appointments... In the end, we had to impose the rules with disciplinary action and he was eventually dismissed. Took us to a tribuneral and lost. He lost a good wage in a strong company and because he will not get a reference, is having trouble getting a job!

As for smoking in cars with kids? Anyone who does that should be ashamed of themselves and feel the full weight of any laws bought in! Kids have no say in what happens to them, so if the parents won't protect them, the law should.

"

The bit about no smoking during working hours is a good one - I would welcome that sort of thing as it would be an incentive to stop altogether

over a year ago

Well if they stopped me from smoking at work they would also have to deny the old folk a ciggie and they wont do that and to be honest, i would hate it.

i only have two ciggis during my working hours and as i dont get any break as such as were always on duty, i feel thats my time, total of 10mins per day.

I feel smokers get enough flack as it is, and yes i know its a dirty filthy habit and i hate doing it. but its a hard habit to quit.

By *ebzStarWoman
over a year ago

Notting

Ihad an issue with a woman at work last year with smoking.

We are not allowed to smoke on premises at all.

I smoke in my car (no kids) on the way IN to work and at the end of the day when i leave.

Woman at work who had been used to smoking all day long was taking lots of 5-10 mins breaks to smoke - even when pregnant!!!

These 5-10 mins breaks DO add up - and why should non smokers NOT be allowed this time in breaks if others do.???

Now, they are allowed a fag bread mid morning, at lunch in their own time and one mid after noon,

And the non smokers are also allwed to go off and make tea for them selves at these times too.

over a year ago

We've had this debate on here before and it got quite heated as I recall. My position on smoking has changed somewhat, I am still a smoker but having lived with the smoking ban for a few years now I can honestly say that it's positives far outweigh it's negatives and so I fully support it. As for the proposed ban on smoking in cars; I see the govt. not wanting to get caught out here and although I think it will happen they will have to make it pretty damn watertight unless they go for the all encompassing option of: Lighting up a cigarette whilst driving is dangerous and therefore i breach of driving without due care and attention.

Bear in mind here that people have been stopped, charged AND convicted of eating an apple whilst driving!

If you then elevate this proposal to banning smoking in homes because a) children live there, b) non-smokers live/visit there or c) people come to your home to work, ie, servicemen, nurses, etc, and have a right to work in a smoke-free environment, you will see that it would be far more acceptable by th general populace to ban smoking altogether. Even as a smoker I am now of the opinion that I'm sick of being told where & when etc but I'm even more tired of the hypocrisy of govt. and SOME non-smokers.

If you want it YOUR way completely then ban the bloody things totally and pay more in taxes to compensate (apparently we'll save a lot more in reduced healthcare costs for ill smokers anyway so it will balance out).

Just stop sitting on the bloody fence about it!

By the way.. you can still smoke in an enclosed public place but you need to be elected to parliament to be able to take advantage of this lapse in law. How unsurprisingly convenient.

over a year ago

You can still smoke in Pubs...

Legally.. if the landlord will allow it and apply for the correct 'free' documentation..

By *ebzStarWoman
over a year ago

Notting

"You can still smoke in Pubs...

Legally.. if the landlord will allow it and apply for the correct 'free' documentation.. "

I went to a country pub off the beaten track while camping last year - and not only did they landlord smoke in the pub - he was smoking BEHIND THE BAR!!!

LOL

I not seen that for YEARS as that got banned for H&S reasons many years ago!!!

Was wicked - felt like a proper old country pub, and they even did real ales too :D

over a year ago

I will admit to being 1 of the drivers that used to smoke with my son in the back of the car, never even occured to me about the smoke going back and him breathing it because I always had the window open, at home I had a dedicated smoking room which he was not allowed in, I now have myself as a non-smoker on the site as for the last 8 months I have been using an electronic cigarette and its awesome, the end glows red, I get a nicotine hit and most of all the steam which replicates smoke, it gives everything a smoker needs without having a real ciggie, it is 100% legal to smoke in pubs, clubs, restaurants, hospitals and swing clubs, for the likes of me who enjoys a ciggie its the best thing since sliced bread, I can have a smoke without really smoking, win win

Peds

over a year ago

"I will admit to being 1 of the drivers that used to smoke with my son in the back of the car, never even occured to me about the smoke going back and him breathing it because I always had the window open, at home I had a dedicated smoking room which he was not allowed in, I now have myself as a non-smoker on the site as for the last 8 months I have been using an electronic cigarette and its awesome, the end glows red, I get a nicotine hit and most of all the steam which replicates smoke, it gives everything a smoker needs without having a real ciggie, it is 100% legal to smoke in pubs, clubs, restaurants, hospitals and swing clubs, for the likes of me who enjoys a ciggie its the best thing since sliced bread, I can have a smoke without really smoking, win win

Peds"

Where do you get these things from. That's something I'd seriously consider as I want to quit but having been a smoker since I was 9 years old I cannot remember what it's like not to smoke.

over a year ago

Legally.. if the landlord will allow it and apply for the correct 'free' documentation..

I went to a country pub off the beaten track while camping last year - and not only did they landlord smoke in the pub - he was smoking BEHIND THE BAR!!!

LOL

Was wicked - felt like a proper old country pub, and they even did real ales too :D"

Any pub can simply apply for exemption by saying they are carrying out smoking reasearch.. Legal and above board!

I don't smoke, so prefer the smell of Bo and stale urine you now get in most pubs lol.... Not!

Forum Mod

over a year ago

LOL

Was wicked - felt like a proper old country pub, and they even did real ales too :D

Any pub can simply apply for exemption by saying they are carrying out smoking reasearch.. Legal and above board!

I don't smoke, so prefer the smell of Bo and stale urine you now get in most pubs lol.... Not!"

Dont forget the eau de vomit and fart!

As for smoking in cars with your children......I think its a disgusting thing to see, as well as smoking in houses with children but where do you stop in a ban is put in place?

We have a huge child obesity problem which is just as harmful to health in the future....are we going to end up getting arrested or fined for taking the kids to the sweet shop or McDonalds if they're overweight?

over a year ago

I do think it's wrong that employers stop people having fag breaks full stop though. We know we are harming our bodies so provided we aren't harming anyone elses they should leave us alone!"

Why shouldn't employers stop people having fag breaks,they're paid to work not smoke.Why should an employer pander to a workers addiction?

If you were an alcoholic do you think your employer should let you go off every couple of hours for swift drink?

If smokers want to go out for a fag in the alloted break fair enough but they shouldn't have extra breaks for smokers ffs.

XXXX

over a year ago

Why shouldn't employers stop people having fag breaks,they're paid to work not smoke.Why should an employer pander to a workers addiction?

If you were an alcoholic do you think your employer should let you go off every couple of hours for swift drink?

If smokers want to go out for a fag in the alloted break fair enough but they shouldn't have extra breaks for smokers ffs.

XXXX"

I couldn't agree more. If legislation meant that companies have to introduce new working practices then those employees that don't like the proposed changes have a choice: break their contract of employment and leave or accept the changes and continue working.

A contract of employment isn't sacrosanct and a company can change it at will - you, the employee, are not legally bound to accept the changes and can terminate your employment if you feel it's made your position there untenable.

over a year ago

"The pub trade has gone downhill on the whole.

Cheaper supermarket prices, thugs and crap bars with no atmosphere are a large proportion of why this happened.

The smoking ban only made matters worse and i have two good friends who smoke who now refuse to go to a pub even in the summer as they cant smoke.

I dont understand why there cant be a smoking room, if decent air con is used you cant even smell it.

But there is still the clearing up as mentioned above....

(And i rememeber well the days i worked in a bar and had to clean out 30 ashtrays at the end of the night and your hands stinking afterwards)

But it comes down to CHOICE - i could always have gotten a job at Tesco's stacking shelves in a smoke free enviroment if i wished.

Even if only 1 in 10 pubs had a smoking room - it would then be the non - smokers "choice" of they wanted to frequent that pub. That particular pub could also be a non childrens pub, and a non restaurant pub.

At least it would stop all the pubs seeming the same these days. Not many even do real ales anymore.

Anyway - back to the question of the OP, smoking should not be banned in cars, but people should use their bloody common sense - those that have it anyways."

We reckon the reason they don't have smoke rooms is all down to 'policing' them,it'd be more trouble than it was worth.

In the old days, when pubs had smoke rooms,people had more manners and consideration for others.

These days,with the thugs(mentioned in the quoted post)and chav mentality, they'd just wander into non smoking rooms with a fag in their mouths with no regard for others.

XXXX

over a year ago

Legally.. if the landlord will allow it and apply for the correct 'free' documentation.. "

Do you have any more info on this? Would be very interested to see where you heard about it, as it's a new one to me, and i work in the trade.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 20/06/09 02:50:24]

over a year ago

"I will admit to being 1 of the drivers that used to smoke with my son in the back of the car, never even occured to me about the smoke going back and him breathing it because I always had the window open, at home I had a dedicated smoking room which he was not allowed in, I now have myself as a non-smoker on the site as for the last 8 months I have been using an electronic cigarette and its awesome, the end glows red, I get a nicotine hit and most of all the steam which replicates smoke, it gives everything a smoker needs without having a real ciggie, it is 100% legal to smoke in pubs, clubs, restaurants, hospitals and swing clubs, for the likes of me who enjoys a ciggie its the best thing since sliced bread, I can have a smoke without really smoking, win win

Peds

Where do you get these things from. That's something I'd seriously consider as I want to quit but having been a smoker since I was 9 years old I cannot remember what it's like not to smoke."

google electronic cigarette, I have tried a few and I have found a company called intellicig to be the best, I would google intellicig have a read of what it has to say and decide if its for you. It has been brilliant for me

Peds xxx

By *edhot4blkCouple
over a year ago

York/London/Crantock

ive got to put my bit in on this one.....

i have to say im not a smoker and never have been and to be honest i prefer to meet non smokers, but u have to feel sorry for the people who do smoke coz they seem to be pushed further and further away from public places in general...ok we all know smoking is bad for u and as bad for the person who has to sit near a smoker as well, but why pick on them so much..????

if the goverment banned smoking completely just think of what they would put the tax on next that they would be losing...maybe £10 per gallon..??..lol as far as medical reasons the goverment makes more on taxing the smokers than they pay out on the nhs to treat them...we are in Goa and Gambia alot and in those countries a pkt of benson and hedges is on average 15p for 20 and the stupid thing is on the side of the pkt it says "" imported from the uk "" so if they can make them in the uk and fly them to other countries thousands of miles away and sell them for 15p and make a profit how much tax does the goverment make in the uk when they are sold here on average for £6 pkt..??????? i think well no ..i know the goverment wont ban them all together as they would lose far to much money, the only reason the smoking ban came in was to make sure they kept votes and looked to be doing the right thing...pls dont get me wrong as i think smoking is a nasty smelly habit but i think smokers should have the right to smoke if its not harming anyone else as far children are conceren but as far as adults go why cant the non smokers stand outside the pub..lol as they say whats good for one is good for another....stella.( a non smoker)..xxxx

over a year ago

Some years ago i worked at mcvities, whe you could smoke inside.

The canteen was seperated in two halves and we as smokers duly sat in the designated area along side the "non moaning smokers"

I was on a break on one occasion and went and got my coffee and lit up my ciggie only to be asked to move from the lady sitting next to me.

She was a "non smoker" sat with her mates, I politely told her where to go. lmao

Also asking why she chose to sit in the smoking area ?

She wanted to sit by her mates , awwwww

But my smoke bothered her.

We had loads of occasions like this .

My language on this occasion was colourful to say the least.

People cant have it all their own way.

As for banning in my own home, just let them try

over a year ago

why nnot ban kids in cars

lol

over a year ago

personally yeah it should be banned, i wont travel in a car with smokers in it. its so enclosed i might aswell take up smoking.... yuk .

over a year ago

legally you cant smoke in pubs. If ya can its new to me, ive worked in the trade for 19 years and know all the laws on this.

By *umourCouple
over a year ago

Northants

"but i think smokers should have the right to smoke if its not harming anyone else as far children are conceren but as far as adults go why cant the non smokers stand outside the pub..lol as they say whats good for one is good for another....stella.( a non smoker)..xxxx"

So, we who don't smoke should be forced to "run the gauntlet" of smokers to get a drink at the bar???? What I can't believe is people who don't smoke not being pleased that they don't have to smell of fags after a night out!

The majority of people in the UK don't smoke. A good proportion of smokers would like to be able to stop and they should be helped in any way that is necessary. Those die hards who want to smoke no matter what the consequences for themselves or others... Small minority and not at all representative of the UK populus. As such, should not be allowed to "injure" others with their smoke!

By *edhot4blkCouple
over a year ago

York/London/Crantock

as i mentioned b4 above im a non smoker but i cant see why he poor smoker has to go out of the way to enojoy what he/she wants to do, im not saying the smoker should indeed smoke in resturants etc even id be against that but surely in a public bar etc containing only adults why cant they..

if the people who dont smoke(i being one of them)cant handle the smoke or have no wish to handle it why cant the non smokers find a smoke free area instead of the smokers....a smoker pays for their pkt of 20 etc and as such pays the tax the goverment charges so as such they say yes u can smoke and we will charge u dearly for doing so then they say no u cant smoke...i think its a free world....or is it..!!!!!!

but as i did say i am a non smoker and we as non smokers also have to be able to have a say on the matter, i think smokers and non smokers should get together and agree not have a govening body state the rules at us just to look good and recieve votes...xxxx

over a year ago

When I am Prime Minister I will ban all cars, and we will go back to horses. I will of course receive full support on this from all the non-smokers who feel they are being violated by inhaling fag smoke - they will feel that by driving cars and putting out damaging fumes, they have been very hypocritical. Also, when I am Prime Minister, I will build a very big duck house, with a moat around it.

over a year ago

LOL

Was wicked - felt like a proper old country pub, and they even did real ales too :D"

thats what i like to hear about a proper pub,you know the sort(red seats ,copper table tops,dart board,old man sat in the corner )sad to say they nearly all closed now,due to smoking ban ! so who was it hurting ? the none smokers! cant of been that many of them or the pubs would be still open,

By *edhot4blkCouple
over a year ago

York/London/Crantock

there is a pub in cornwall we go to alot and have done so for many yrs, as soon as the smoking ban came in alot of the regular customers didnt bother to visit anymore so as the people who owned it lived there they decided to move their sofa etc into lounge bar and called it their house and if anyone wanted to smoke in their ""house"" they could while having a drink, the owners have been summond to court several times but as always its thrown out of court as one is allowed to smoke in ones own house and so can people who are invited...the non smokers complain as always but as the owners state if u dont like it u can go else where..good luck to them...xxxx

i might add the pub has been there since the late 1600's and been in the same family for over 200yrs...

Post new Message to Thread