Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

thai holiday?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

hi guys we are thinking about going to thailand for our hols after xmas and were wondering if any of you have any reccomendations .interested in best beaches etc but we reaaly want to know about the fleshpots !!!!thanks kazpauls xxxx

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *icelymarkedMan
over a year ago

Cardiff

Phuket! Keep away from Phuket town other than for visiting. Koa Lak up the coast is very nice.

Must visit Fantasea (not what you think) lol and Simons Caberet ... that is!

Beaches are lush, the sea is warm, snorkle and fins a must and a bonus is an underwater camera. Hire a car too when you get the hang of the traffic.

Lovely people but watch out for the cops ... they like to relieve you of money by 'fines' ... never had a problem myself but that's the story.

Bangkok is worth an overnight if you like big noisy smoggie cities.

Jealous cos we can't go!!

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Been 7 times now

love the place

Phuket town is interesting - its not a place i would goto for long as its a bit scruffy in a thai sort of way

Pattaya is the place for the down and dirty tourism stuff but we dont go there for that so this is only second had to us

Patong town is a real giggle

they now have tourist police set up in all these places so again just dont drink to excess to give them an excuse to talk to you

as previous posts have said its a beautiful country, all the islands are fab, its better in our opinion than the maldives as it has the same scenery half the costs and offers a wide variety of things

avoid deep south phuket as its very muslim

other than that have fun

we are going for chrismas next year - its well worth the 13 hrs it takes to get there xxxx

By *icksfocusMan
over a year ago

Pontefract

i have been to thailand, did 7 days in pattaya and 10 days in phuket. Pattaya very hectic and you need to be away from walking street i suggest soi 7. Do as we did book 1 nights accom on internet then find your own accomadation as it is much cheaper. We then flew to phuket £30 each booked locally (£100 each on net) and went to patong beach, very beautiful beach but prices for everything from beer to women doubled. Plenty of trips to phi phi islands and james bond islands and where they fimed the beach with leonardo di caprio (cant remember name of beach) if you want to know anything else please ask and would be happy to help out

Post new Message to Thread