Jump to newest

By *af105 OP   Man
over a year ago

newtownards

why do car drivers have to be so stupid in the snow

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

They don't HAVE to be...they just CHOOSE to be.

over a year ago

"why do car drivers have to be so stupid in the snow"

doesnt need snow for them to be daft

By *af105 OP   Man
over a year ago

newtownards

so true

over a year ago

That is one hell of a generalisation. i would suggest that maybe the MINORITY of drivers can act stupid in the snow - there again the same minority would probably act stupid in any weather.

Could I ask another question though ...

Why do so many pedestrians seem to act like headless chickens in the snow - eg crossing the road when the red man is showing - walking up the middle of a busy road pushing a pram - the list goes on really

over a year ago

"so true"
never met the driver that hasnt made a mistake whilst driving and that includes myself.grade 5 adi

over a year ago

"

Why do so many pedestrians seem to act like headless chickens in the snow - eg crossing the road when the red man is showing - walking up the middle of a busy road pushing a pram - the list goes on really "

That happens with or without snow though in fairness.

By *lack_BoltMan
over a year ago

oxford

"That is one hell of a generalisation. i would suggest that maybe the MINORITY of drivers can act stupid in the snow - there again the same minority would probably act stupid in any weather.

Why do so many pedestrians seem to act like headless chickens in the snow - eg crossing the road when the red man is showing - walking up the middle of a busy road pushing a pram - the list goes on really "

And then there are cyclists, who have all the bad habits and traits of pedestrians and drivers, but always see themselves as the eternal victims.

By *evnsueCouple
over a year ago

hull

Not just car drivers are stupid "knights of the road"can be pretty dumb too,i went to work monday morning at 4 30 only 1 lane really decent on motorway 2 of stobarts gang went flashing past me 3 foot apart maybe they think its fine do drive like that but i really crapped myself with all snow and slush flying off them have a care we re not all 8 foot off the ground.

over a year ago

To be honest I only drive in bad weather if its life or death. Although my car is currently buried up to its wheel arches in snow.. so not much chance of me getting it out.

I miss my 4x4 now.

Katie.

By *y_funcoupleCouple
over a year ago

SHEFFIELD

"To be honest I only drive in bad weather if its life or death. Although my car is currently buried up to its wheel arches in snow.. so not much chance of me getting it out.

I miss my 4x4 now.

Katie."

Yes we had a 4x4 last year and loved it! but now we are snowed in and not driving.....

By *prite128Woman
over a year ago

maidstone

"To be honest I only drive in bad weather if its life or death. Although my car is currently buried up to its wheel arches in snow.. so not much chance of me getting it out.

I miss my 4x4 now.

Katie."

my neighbour has just dug his 4x4 out..and all the snow from one side of his car is in a huge mound right behind mine! Good job Im not planning on going anywhere lol

By *af105 OP   Man
over a year ago

newtownards

4x4 great if some people could drive them

had great laugh at some of them today tring hard but getting nowhere

i agree that some hgv licience holders[not hgv drivers] leave alot to be desired but some car drivers dont seem to relize we cant stop in the middle of a hill

over a year ago

A really good driver adjusts their own driving to accomodate for changes around them.

Knocking others doesn't mean you are a good driver.

I was in Carlisle on Saturday morning. Motorway was great - just slushy and slow.

Getting out of the hotel car park was dicey. No kerbs could be seen due to the depth of snow.

It was almost impossible to tell where land finished and road started.

I managed with a bit of caution and it only lasted a few seconds.

No doubt there'd be some over critical moaner there watching if i'd have mounted a kerb , ready to call drivers stupid. Makes them feel good I guess. They are - after all - faultless.

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

I would put many commercial drivers up there alongside car drivers when it comes to stupidity......this morning on the way to work on a dual carriageway (A308) with light snow on the road (only about an inch), a large truck was behind me at 60 MPH probably less than a car length behind me.

So not only car drivers

By *af105 OP   Man
over a year ago

newtownards

not professing to be a perfect driver just fed up sitting in queues caused by idiots who cant see theres no point in rushing or like this morning it was i dont have to wait i have a brand new range rover that will go anywhere well it did only it was into the center reservation all because he wanted to gain 2 spaces in the queue

By *af105 OP   Man
over a year ago

newtownards

as i said hgv licience holders there is difference between them and drivers

By *nothercoupleCouple
over a year ago

Exeter

"I would put many commercial drivers up there alongside car drivers when it comes to stupidity......this morning on the way to work on a dual carriageway (A308) with light snow on the road (only about an inch), a large truck was behind me at 60 MPH probably less than a car length behind me.

So not only car drivers"

A308? were you lost????

over a year ago

I once watched slack jawed in my mirror as a huge waggon screeched and dived into the next lane to avoid hitting me up the rear at the lights. RED lights.

I didn't die.

He got out. Looked at the front of his wagon. Walked over to my car and spoke to me thus ...

'That was stupid' (Only in capitals.)

Unfortunately he was one of those bone head drivers who think that if he has checked out that a woman is the oppostion he can safely vent. He learned how wrong he was.

( There's not enough space to say what I said. I don't shout but I made myself clear )

Unbelievably he attempted to tell me that I was wrong to brake at the lights when they are amber... tit head.

over a year ago

amber before red i mean ... He assumed I was going through.

over a year ago

oops ..sorry

Conditions DRY. Snow NONE. Lorry driver not car driver. Early morning. Empty road otherwise.

By *aucy3Couple
over a year ago

glasgow

i was stupid,before i could drive.driving just helps highlight it.

By *ara_and_MJCouple
over a year ago

rochdale

"That is one hell of a generalisation. i would suggest that maybe the MINORITY of drivers can act stupid in the snow - there again the same minority would probably act stupid in any weather.

Why do so many pedestrians seem to act like headless chickens in the snow - eg crossing the road when the red man is showing - walking up the middle of a busy road pushing a pram - the list goes on really

And then there are cyclists, who have all the bad habits and traits of pedestrians and drivers, but always see themselves as the eternal victims. "

Actually, as a regular (i.e. every working day throughout the year) cyclist i've found motorists to be generally much better behaved in the current bad weather.

Drivers have been giving me more room, passing properly by using the next lane as you would when passing a car, not driving inches off my rear wheel & not trying to pull stupid manoevres around me.

I think it's fair to say that some PEOPLE are fools in bad weather regardless of their mode of transport.

Post new Message to Thread