Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

BBC !!!

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

time to re new my effin licence and still think we are all being over charged....

heh heh sorry to all those that thought this was a thread on something else....

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

The Beeb should be disbanded or forced to go private and carry ads. They're supposed to be non-partisan but they are so left-wing these days.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

Ive not had the television on since i got the radio on my new phone. I didnt even watch the xfactor

over a year ago

i think if you have sky then you should have the option for all bbc channels to be blocked.

so then you cannot recieve any bbc channel which would require you to have a license.

having said that because most people have broadband internet and can access the bbc website you'll still get taken to court for not having one as they will say you have the technology in your home to use services provided by the bbc.

but personally i would like the choice of paying for sky, virgin media or the bbc.

and only paying for who you choose as your media provider.

By *acreadCouple
over a year ago

central scotland

BBC left wing? thats a new one on me.

By *uton_coupleCouple
over a year ago

luton

most of the content on bbc is absolute rubbish , rarely do they have a thing on i might watch

they get three and a half BILLION in liscence fees , and they also get money from selling dvd,s of fools and horses etc etc etc

im sure they also get money in royaltys when bbc proggrames are shown on PAY channels like GOLD , DAVE etc

they air the bbc in australia etc etc and im sure they rake in money from that

they even have the brass balls to run dads army on prime time saturday nite

they have rubbish old crap films that have been shown on free channels a thousand times like RAMBO

or the films are made in 1948 and only fit for a student to watch for research purposes

other crap includes things like wallander in fecking dutch , or B movies in japanese

my advice is to do what i do and dont have a liscence

if a tv detector van says you got a telly on it ok as you can say you are watching a DVD

they cant enter the house without a search warrant and the fact is a magistrate will not issue one , as they need proof that a crime might have been commited

By *hebrummiesCouple
over a year ago

Birmingham

"i think if you have sky then you should have the option for all bbc channels to be blocked.

so then you cannot recieve any bbc channel which would require you to have a license.

having said that because most people have broadband internet and can access the bbc website you'll still get taken to court for not having one as they will say you have the technology in your home to use services provided by the bbc.

but personally i would like the choice of paying for sky, virgin media or the bbc.

and only paying for who you choose as your media provider."

Nope - currently, even if you use the internet to access the BBC iplayer, if you do not have a television or anything capable of receiving a television signal in your home (so be careful with some of the latest laptop models!) then you do NOT have to pay a licence fee. That may well change however if the BBC gets permission to live stream their programmes directly through the internet, at present you cannot access the programmes until after they have been aired, the future though, especially with faster internet speeds becoming so readily available, looks soon to include this - in which case the BBC will have a case in which to ask internet users to pay a licence fee regardless of whether or not they have a television in the house.

There are many arguments around this, including various ideas about having a coding used within your ISP to identify if you have a TV licence registered at your address to define whether or not you can use the iplayer etc, pay as you view on live programmes, many others, its using up at least a little of your television licence fees already just to discuss this!

By *eorge17Man
over a year ago

Leven

It's a common misconception that a tv licence is for BBC programmes only.

This is from the terms and conditions of the tv licence:

What is a TV Licence needed for?

To use any TV equipment to watch or record TV programmes as they are being shown on television.

This includes watching or recording streamed services and satellite TV broadcast from outside the UK. If you only watch on-demand services, then you don't need a licence.

So you need a licence to receive any tv programme from any station.

By *hebrummiesCouple
over a year ago

Birmingham

"

if a tv detector van says you got a telly on it ok as you can say you are watching a DVD

they cant enter the house without a search warrant and the fact is a magistrate will not issue one , as they need proof that a crime might have been commited "

If you have equipment in your home which is capable of receiving a television signal, saying all you do is watch DVD's will NOT work - in fact, by admitting that they have the grounds for a fine for non-payment and a court case.

Enquiry officers will call round initially, they do not have the right to come into your home without permission, but it will only take a few refusals for them to get permission to use detection equipment - once it has gone this far, the BBC WILL follow through to presenting evidence of non-payment to a magistrate, and they WILL (eventually) get a search warrant...

This can take anything from a couple of months or so, to even a few years, however, is it really worth risking the criminal record????

By *uton_coupleCouple
over a year ago

luton

"

they cant enter the house without a search warrant and the fact is a magistrate will not issue one , as they need proof that a crime might have been commited

If you have equipment in your home which is capable of receiving a television signal, saying all you do is watch DVD's will NOT work - in fact, by admitting that they have the grounds for a fine for non-payment and a court case.

Enquiry officers will call round initially, they do not have the right to come into your home without permission, but it will only take a few refusals for them to get permission to use detection equipment - once it has gone this far, the BBC WILL follow through to presenting evidence of non-payment to a magistrate, and they WILL (eventually) get a search warrant...

This can take anything from a couple of months or so, to even a few years, however, is it really worth risking the criminal record????"

im sorry but you are wrong

you can watch a dvd on a telly without having to have a tv liscence

all you need say is that the tuner is tuned to the dvd player and not to the signal from the aeriel

they can use there detection equiptment as many times as they like , and in fact detect a tv is being used

that is not enough to warrant a magistrate to issue a search warrant

the reason being it is perfectly legal to watch a dvd on a tellyvision without having a liscence

By *uton_coupleCouple
over a year ago

luton

EXTRACT FROM BBC WEBSITE

You don t need a licence if you don t use any of these devices to watch or record television programmes as they re being shown on TV - for example, if you use your TV only to watch DVDs or play video games, or you only watch programmes on your computer after they have been shown on TV. If this is the case, please let us know, as this helps us to keep our database up to date and means you won t receive the standard letters we send to unlicensed addresses.

over a year ago

"

This can take anything from a couple of months or so, to even a few years, however, is it really worth risking the criminal record????

all you need say is that the tuner is tuned to the dvd player and not to the signal from the aeriel

they can use there detection equiptment as many times as they like , and in fact detect a tv is being used

the reason being it is perfectly legal to watch a dvd on a tellyvision without having a liscence "

Wrong ! if the equipment is CAPABLE of receiving an offair television signal you require a TV licence - end of argument

By *ig badMan
over a year ago

Up North :-)

"EXTRACT FROM BBC WEBSITE

You don t need a licence if you don t use any of these devices to watch or record television programmes as they re being shown on TV - for example, if you use your TV only to watch DVDs or play video games, or you only watch programmes on your computer after they have been shown on TV. If this is the case, please let us know, as this helps us to keep our database up to date and means you won t receive the standard letters we send to unlicensed addresses. "

not quite right. You can use a monitor but not a TV. A TV is a device that can receive broadcasted television signals so connect your DVD, say what you like but the detector vans can tell the difference and if you refuse entry you get a summons if you don't posses a licence.

However at present, no licence is required to watch catch-up TV on iPlayer. Live streaming services are covered by the same legislation as broadcast TV, and requires a colour licence.

Also note if you have a pc with a TV card you still need a licence.

By *ig badMan
over a year ago

"

the reason being it is perfectly legal to watch a dvd on a tellyvision without having a liscence

Wrong ! if the equipment is CAPABLE of receiving an offair television signal you require a TV licence - end of argument "

Spot on

over a year ago

"i think if you have sky then you should have the option for all bbc channels to be blocked.

and only paying for who you choose as your media provider."

I so agree with you I have been saying this for years.

over a year ago

Nope - currently, even if you use the internet to access the BBC iplayer, if you do not have a television or anything capable of receiving a television signal in your home (so be careful with some of the latest laptop models!) then you do NOT have to pay a licence fee. That may well change however if the BBC gets permission to live stream their programmes directly through the internet, at present you cannot access the programmes until after they have been aired, the future though, especially with faster internet speeds becoming so readily available, looks soon to include this - in which case the BBC will have a case in which to ask internet users to pay a licence fee regardless of whether or not they have a television in the house.

There are many arguments around this, including various ideas about having a coding used within your ISP to identify if you have a TV licence registered at your address to define whether or not you can use the iplayer etc, pay as you view on live programmes, many others, its using up at least a little of your television licence fees already just to discuss this!"

if you look on some of the bbc's website programmes it says you must have a license in the uk to watch this programme.

By *ig badMan
over a year ago

There are many arguments around this, including various ideas about having a coding used within your ISP to identify if you have a TV licence registered at your address to define whether or not you can use the iplayer etc, pay as you view on live programmes, many others, its using up at least a little of your television licence fees already just to discuss this!

if you look on some of the bbc's website programmes it says you must have a license in the uk to watch this programme."

I know what it says but at present it only covers live streaming, the Iplayer is not included in legislation yet so you could appeal and get away with it on a technicality.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 30/11/10 21:45:55]

over a year ago

Cheese and rice.....buy a TV license

Off to hide under the stairs now

over a year ago

Probably the easist option - (Buying the licence, not hiding under the stairs)

It sounds like a lot of money, but if it's worked out properly, it ain't that expensive. Yes a lot, probably most of the stuff is shite, but take the good programmes that you watch in the space of 12 months then work out how much it would cost if you had to go to the cinema to watch it .... I know what would be the cheaper option

over a year ago

If we dont have the BBC then we have the monstrosity that is Rupert Murdochs SKY he will pump his right wing fanatical agenda down our throats with so much pap we will we brain dead, in 6 months this guy is an egostistical maniac who wants to run the world BBC is worth every penny,were will you get value like that anywere in the world 50p a day thats all it costs miniscule or peanuts for the fantastic divergence of media in tv and radio it provides

SIOP MURDOCH THE OGRE

over a year ago

"Wrong ! if the equipment is CAPABLE of receiving an offair television signal you require a TV licence - end of argument "

That was the case until 2003, and still is the case in Ireland, it's now legal in the UK to use a TV as a monitor only and to watch dvd's, play games consoles etc without the need for a TV licence.

By *uton_coupleCouple
over a year ago

luton

You don t need a licence if you don t use any of these devices to watch or record television programmes as they re being shown on TV - for example, if you use your TV only to watch DVDs or play video games, or you only watch programmes on your computer after they have been shown on TV. If this is the case, please let us know, as this helps us to keep our database up to date and means you won t receive the standard letters we send to unlicensed addresses.

not quite right. You can use a monitor but not a TV. A TV is a device that can receive broadcasted television signals so connect your DVD, say what you like but the detector vans can tell the difference and if you refuse entry you get a summons if you don't posses a licence.

However at present, no licence is required to watch catch-up TV on iPlayer. Live streaming services are covered by the same legislation as broadcast TV, and requires a colour licence.

Also note if you have a pc with a TV card you still need a licence."

save all arguments, do what we did...

just give em a ring and ask them

By *ig badMan
over a year ago

Also note if you have a pc with a TV card you still need a licence.

save all arguments, do what we did...

just give em a ring and ask them"

I can do better than that, so can you if you pop into court and watch from the viewing dock.

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

Luton couple are spot on according to the TV licensing website.

You don't need a licence if you don't use any of these devices to watch or record television programmes as they're being shown on TV - for example, if you use your TV only to watch DVDs or play video games, or you only watch programmes on your computer after they have been shown on TV. If this is the case, please let us know, as this helps us to keep our database up to date and means you won't receive the standard letters we send to unlicensed addresses.

over a year ago

What happens in court? the 2003 communications act clearly states you dont need a TV licence to own a TV, as long as its not tuned in or has an antenna or satelite reciever attached to it.

over a year ago

If we dont have the BBC then we have the monstrosity that is Rupert Murdochs SKY he will pump his right wing fanatical agenda down our throats with so much pap we will we brain dead, in 6 months this guy is an egostistical maniac who wants to run the world BBC is worth every penny,were will you get value like that anywere in the world 50p a day thats all it costs miniscule or peanuts for the fantastic divergence of media in tv and radio it provides

SIOP MURDOCH THE OGRE

By *ouple1234Couple
over a year ago

BELFAST UK

"

the reason being it is perfectly legal to watch a dvd on a tellyvision without having a liscence "

the people in the vans can tell you what tv programe you are watching to saying you have a DVD on wont work at all, it happened to us twice

over a year ago

I’m sure what they meant was for people who don’t actually watch TV rather than people just trying to dodge paying a licence fee though

By *uton_coupleCouple
over a year ago

luton

"

the people in the vans can tell you what tv programe you are watching to saying you have a DVD on wont work at all, it happened to us twice "

im sorry but they were feeding you bullshit

if you were fined for watching a live proggrame without having a liscence you must have admitted it

had you gone to court and denied it you would have walked free and have had all your court costs and expenses reimbursed

just like speed cameras tv detectors have to be calibrated , adjusted and in fact be PROVED to be efficient

it has been tried under the freedom of information act to gain acces to these calibration records etc

the bbc refuse

therefore any court would rule in favour of a person who denied there guilt

or it would be like trying to fine a person for speeding using a camera calibrated by a monkey , and on top of that giving no explanation of how the camera worked

the judge would laugh the case out of court

http://www.bbctvlicence.com/Detector%20vans.htm

over a year ago

I always thought that you had to have a license if you owned a receiver capable of receiving a TV signal.

By *hebrummiesCouple
over a year ago

Birmingham

Apparently not now...(had to go check after our friend here insisted it was wrong - where do the years go?? ) when I didn't have a television, it was most certainly the case that if I had anything capable of receiving a signal I had to pay for a licence. All I did, was let in an enquiry officer to take a quick look around, 3 minutes later he left and I was left alone by the TV licensing folks for the next 2 years.. this was around the year 2000..

Since then however, the law has been repealed and updated to say that you can now make a "No Licence Needed Claim" if you do not USE anything to receive live broadcasts (no matter who the broadcast is from). So, theoretically, as long as you do not have the TV/PC etc tuned in at all, you can easily show this to an enquiry officer and be left alone for the following 2 years.

Again though, if you are using this as a loophole to get out of paying for it when you should be - (I could happily tell you what I personally think of this, but will keep it civil!) I wouldn't recommend it - its not really worth the hassle of refusing entry to an enquiry officer, or constantly de-tuning and unplugging your TV/pc/mobile etc to avoid what amounts to less than £3 a week, risking a prosecution and fine?

over a year ago

So not a thread about big black cock then

By *uton_coupleCouple
over a year ago

luton

"Apparently not now...(had to go check after our friend here insisted it was wrong - where do the years go?? ) when I didn't have a television, it was most certainly the case that if I had anything capable of receiving a signal I had to pay for a licence. All I did, was let in an enquiry officer to take a quick look around, 3 minutes later he left and I was left alone by the TV licensing folks for the next 2 years.. this was around the year 2000..

Since then however, the law has been repealed and updated to say that you can now make a "No Licence Needed Claim" if you do not USE anything to receive live broadcasts (no matter who the broadcast is from). So, theoretically, as long as you do not have the TV/PC etc tuned in at all, you can easily show this to an enquiry officer and be left alone for the following 2 years.

Again though, if you are using this as a loophole to get out of paying for it when you should be - (I could happily tell you what I personally think of this, but will keep it civil!) I wouldn't recommend it - its not really worth the hassle of refusing entry to an enquiry officer, or constantly de-tuning and unplugging your TV/pc/mobile etc to avoid what amounts to less than £3 a week, risking a prosecution and fine? "

there is no requirement to make a no liscence needed claim

just the same as you dont need to make a claim saying i wont shoot my neighbours dog

furthermore if an enquiry officer knocks on your door all you need do is shut the door in his face

if they keep knocking , or call repeatedly CALL THE POLICE

you can then happily watch a dvd or vidio tape with the telly pointing out of the lounge window for all to see

to be legal all you need do is have the tv tuned to the dvd player and not the tv airiel or sat box

you are not obliged to explain yourself to ANYONE

and i say again there is no way a magistrate will issue a search warrant for the following reasons

the bbc can not say they bellieve a crime is being commited , even though they might have for example readings from a tv detector , or witness saying that a tv is being used in the house in question , as IT IS NOT A CRIME TO BE WATCHING A TV

by the way the queen doesnt have a tv liscense so i,ll be fucked if im geting one

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1319265/TV-licence-fee-staff-complaints-manual-detect-angry-customers.html

over a year ago

"

by the way the queen doesnt have a tv liscense so i,ll be fucked if im geting one "

You Do realise that someone will offer to buy you a licence, if they can have a shag now don't you!

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

For the cost of a TV license I really couldn't be arsed to try to get out of it.

I like to turn the news on without worrying if some bloke from TV licensing is going to knock on my door...life's too short.

over a year ago

Besides, The BBC is worth every penny. I might agree that the beeb is left wing, but that doesn't mean bias to any political party (they lay into Labour as much as anything else).

I refer to watch public broadcasting precisely because there is no overt profit motive, no controlling comercial influence and no adverts. If I want to be sold something I will go to the market, I don't want the market coming to me...

The Beeb is one of the best real assets we have left in Britain and I know from previous experience how well respected Aunty is all over the world.

By *hebrummiesCouple
over a year ago

Birmingham

I totally agree that you are not obliged to file with the TV licensing that you do not need a licence.. also that you do not need to let an enquiry officer in...

HOWEVER .. all that takes is a 10 minute form/phone call/online registration even (I imagine its online now, everything seems to be) and then if and when an enquiry officer comes round, a few minutes to chat (as I had no TV at all anyway, it took less than 4 minutes before the guy was gone), show your TV is not tuned in and they're gone... For two years you are then left totally alone, no reminders, no letters every other week, no phone calls, no visits... Surely its worth showing the folks you're legit?

If you're not and simply trying to not pay, fine, if you really think its worth taking all the hassle (and yes, its hassle, I hate evening callers I am not expecting and certainly hate reading through letters which accuse me of something I know I am guilty of!) then fine - I don't agree, but hey, my opinion... just seems a bit pointless for £3 a week!

over a year ago

I'm wondering how someone can prove that their tv is not tuned in.

The UHF band alloctaed to TV broadcasting starts at Ch21 and ends at Ch68 - a few years ago, the band was not very crowded and there were indeed lots of band which were unused and if you tuned your tv to one of the gaps, you would indeed not receive a signal, however now it is a different story altogether, the UHF band is very crowded indeed, with many more transmitters radiating signals which vary in power from a few watts to a half a million watts and you are now hard pushed to detune your tv to any part of the band and not receive some kind of a signal, albeit not always a good one.

Ok you unplug the aeriel or the DTV / Sky box or whatever else you use and you wont get a signal, but who in their right mind will believe you unless you physically take down the aerial and dish - but even then in area where the signal is very good, you can still resolve a watchable picture with a basic indoor aerial. This is why in years gone by, you could have a monitor and a tv game or a play only VCR and not have a licence, simply because a monitor and play only VCR were not capable of receiving an offair signal.

The detector vans (years ago - not sure if the same applies now) detected radiation from a part of the television I.F. circuit called the Local Oscillator and depending upon the frequency that the local oscillator was running at, the actual received frequency could be calculated, hence the detector van / portable detection unit could tell which station you were watching.

With the advent of all the digital mullarky I'm not sure if it works the same way now - I've been out the TV trade for 11 years and it's a whole new world out there

By *iteskinMan
over a year ago

Cardiff/Newport/Bristol/M4

BBC where i come from has nothing to do with TV lol

over a year ago

"I'm wondering how someone can prove that their tv is not tuned in.

The UHF band alloctaed to TV broadcasting starts at Ch21 and ends at Ch68 - a few years ago, the band was not very crowded and there were indeed lots of band which were unused and if you tuned your tv to one of the gaps, you would indeed not receive a signal, however now it is a different story altogether, the UHF band is very crowded indeed, with many more transmitters radiating signals which vary in power from a few watts to a half a million watts and you are now hard pushed to detune your tv to any part of the band and not receive some kind of a signal, albeit not always a good one.

Ok you unplug the aeriel or the DTV / Sky box or whatever else you use and you wont get a signal, but who in their right mind will believe you unless you physically take down the aerial and dish - but even then in area where the signal is very good, you can still resolve a watchable picture with a basic indoor aerial. This is why in years gone by, you could have a monitor and a tv game or a play only VCR and not have a licence, simply because a monitor and play only VCR were not capable of receiving an offair signal.

The detector vans (years ago - not sure if the same applies now) detected radiation from a part of the television I.F. circuit called the Local Oscillator and depending upon the frequency that the local oscillator was running at, the actual received frequency could be calculated, hence the detector van / portable detection unit could tell which station you were watching.

With the advent of all the digital mullarky I'm not sure if it works the same way now - I've been out the TV trade for 11 years and it's a whole new world out there"

They come and check that its not tuned in, doubt you’ll get any channels without an ariel anyway with digital, we can’t and we can see the transmitter from our window.

Having said all that most of the people who say this probably do actually watch the TV and only do so to avoid paying for a licence, similar to the people on benefits who want everything for nothing

By *uton_coupleCouple
over a year ago

luton

"I totally agree that you are not obliged to file with the TV licensing that you do not need a licence.. also that you do not need to let an enquiry officer in...

HOWEVER .. all that takes is a 10 minute form/phone call/online registration even (I imagine its online now, everything seems to be) and then if and when an enquiry officer comes round, a few minutes to chat (as I had no TV at all anyway, it took less than 4 minutes before the guy was gone), show your TV is not tuned in and they're gone... For two years you are then left totally alone, no reminders, no letters every other week, no phone calls, no visits... Surely its worth showing the folks you're legit?

If you're not and simply trying to not pay, fine, if you really think its worth taking all the hassle (and yes, its hassle, I hate evening callers I am not expecting and certainly hate reading through letters which accuse me of something I know I am guilty of!) then fine - I don't agree, but hey, my opinion... just seems a bit pointless for £3 a week!"

for me its the principle

lets suppose i start broadcasting a radio station in brum

and for all those that tune in i impose a 50 quid liscence fee

if i knocked on your door and asked you to fill out a form declaring you did not tune in , you would tell me to piss off

even though it only takes 10 minutes to fill out the forms

by the way , how would you feel about ME looking round your house to see if you own a radio ?

as for the bbc and its only 3 quid a week , why doesnt the queen pay it ?

she has more money than me and someone thought it was worth the hassle of pissing around and putting her name on a list of people that are exempt

the content on the bbc is total junk

as for the news , you can watch that on sky news , euro news , bloomburg , channel 5 , channel 4 , itv , + many many others

in fact sky news often wins the news channel of the year beating the bbc hands down

as for adverts , the DO have adverts

why do you think there is a 4 minute gap between proggrames ?

they advertise upcoming shows etc , and the fact they have us all on a data base

its rife with nepatism and extreemly overpaid executives

the mind boggles at what theese executives do while in the office , perhaps decide to show MURDER SHE WROTE for the ten thousandth time instead of dads army

one of the exects is on 800 thousand a year ........... jesus h christ you think im going to pay towards that

over a year ago

Sounds just like an excuse a scrounger would make to get out of paying for something, principle my ass, anything remotely British makes you rant, how can you say you don’t pay for a TV licence because the queen doesn’t, when every other person in the country the same age as the queen doesn’t have to pay for one either

By *uton_coupleCouple
over a year ago

luton

"Sounds just like an excuse a scrounger would make to get out of paying for something, principle my ass, anything remotely British makes you rant, how can you say you don’t pay for a TV licence because the queen doesn’t, when every other person in the country the same age as the queen doesn’t have to pay for one either "

those exempt from paying a tv liscence are noy just "let off" paying

they have to provide there national insurance number

the reason for this is to enable the bbc to bill the government who end up paying for it

that means in fact that i am not a scrounger

i am in fact benevolent , as i am paying the queens liscence fee

so ......... YOU are paying for your liscence AND paying for the queens

laugh at that

over a year ago

Not quite sure where you get that from, take the queens status away and she still wouldn't have to pay due to her age now if your pricible was, prisoners don't have to pay for a TV license so why should we, then I might sympathise with that, I take it you also don’t pay other stuff the queen is exempt from paying, just due to principle of course.

over a year ago

"Sounds just like an excuse a scrounger would make to get out of paying for something, principle my ass, anything remotely British makes you rant, how can you say you don’t pay for a TV licence because the queen doesn’t, when every other person in the country the same age as the queen doesn’t have to pay for one either

the reason for this is to enable the bbc to bill the government who end up paying for it

laugh at that "

the tv licence is in effect a tv tax, without it the bbc wouldnt work, wether thats a good thing or not is another matter.

not paying a tax does make you a scrounger, because everyone else is paying for your licence.

the same way if you dont pay road tax then you cant use the roads.

or are you above paying that to???

over a year ago

"Sounds just like an excuse a scrounger would make to get out of paying for something, principle my ass, anything remotely British makes you rant, how can you say you don’t pay for a TV licence because the queen doesn’t, when every other person in the country the same age as the queen doesn’t have to pay for one either

laugh at that

the tv licence is in effect a tv tax, without it the bbc wouldnt work, wether thats a good thing or not is another matter.

not paying a tax does make you a scrounger, because everyone else is paying for your licence.

"

That's a good point but you will find some are quite happy not to pay tax they just don't like the scrounger term.

By *uton_coupleCouple
over a year ago

luton

laugh at that

"

when the queen was under the age of 75 she did not pay her tv liscence

im glad you agree she was a scrounger then as she used the service and did not pay the tax

when prince charles takes over he will no doubt not pay it either

he will then be by your own definition be a scrounger

over a year ago

The tv licence is for having a receiver not for what you do with it.

over a year ago

ok so the queen is on that basis a scrounger, that still doesnt make you right to not pay, the point is she is entilted to not pay you are not, either live by the rules of the country or try to change the rulesbut people who dont pay for things are stealing from those that do

By *uton_coupleCouple
over a year ago

luton

"ok so the queen is on that basis a scrounger, that still doesnt make you right to not pay, the point is she is entilted to not pay you are not, either live by the rules of the country or try to change the rulesbut people who dont pay for things are stealing from those that do "

i am trying to change things

by pointing out the queen is a scrounger , a fact you comfortably agree with

the more people like your good self that understand this might be convinced we should get rid of the monarchy and have an elected leader instead like the USA

the monarchy got where they are today by taking the country by force

they literaly STOLE the country and they are in fact the thieves

to explain things in a nut shell if i marched 10,000 men up to essex and took it over by force , and then kept MY law and order by smashing the head in of anyone that dissobeyed me ......that is what a monarch is

just because it was done a thousand years ago , and over time it has been sanitised , does not make it right

try saying to the people of essex that they now have to live by the rules mr luton has imposed

perhaps the first rule being they have to pay for my tv liscence

over a year ago

So if we get rid of the monarchy we won't have to pay for a TV licence ...

Seems a bit radical, but I have no time for the monarchy so lets get rid of them ...

over a year ago

covering the fact that your not prepared to pay tax like everyone else by making it into a royal crusade dosnt wash sorry

By *uton_coupleCouple
over a year ago

luton

"covering the fact that your not prepared to pay tax like everyone else by making it into a royal crusade dosnt wash sorry"

it "washes" for the royal family

they do not pay tax like everyone else

the queen did a private deal with winston churchill that has saved her millions

and of course she doesnt pay for her tv liscence NOW or even when she was under 75

so i can prove beyond doubt it does "WASH"

anyone that might try to defend the royal family and say they are just in the way they pay tax , or just in the method they used to obtain power can only end up digging themselves into a massive black hole

and i mean MASSIVE !

By *urvy N TeaseCouple
over a year ago

Stirling

The way I see it, why should we be forced to pay for something we may not want. Yes we have a telly but with so many channels available we dont watch the BBC so if you have to pay for it then it should be able to subscribe to it. If the BBC spent as much money on decent programs as they do on technology for deticting a TV set in your home then they may be worth watching. Also with the ecconomy the way it is, it is also an expense many people can do without.

Rant over lol

By *ig badMan
over a year ago

"covering the fact that your not prepared to pay tax like everyone else by making it into a royal crusade dosnt wash sorry

and of course she doesnt pay for her tv liscence NOW or even when she was under 75

anyone that might try to defend the royal family and say they are just in the way they pay tax , or just in the method they used to obtain power can only end up digging themselves into a massive black hole

and i mean MASSIVE !"

Not as big a hole as you have dug!

The Queen pays tax on a voluntary basis from her private income, but not on "head of state expenditure". But she did not pay almost £20m of inheritance tax after the death of the Queen Mother!

So holes! Want a ladder?

over a year ago

"covering the fact that your not prepared to pay tax like everyone else by making it into a royal crusade dosnt wash sorry

and i mean MASSIVE !"

You have one serious CHIP on your shoulder

Have you ever considered changing your username to luton_clerics

By *uton_coupleCouple
over a year ago

luton

and i mean MASSIVE !

The Queen pays tax on a voluntary basis from her private income, but not on "head of state expenditure". But she did not pay almost £20m of inheritance tax after the death of the Queen Mother!

So holes! Want a ladder?"

you need to read up on a subject before putting your foot in it

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2002/may/09/uk.houseofcommons

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2002/may/30/politics.jubilee1

By *ig badMan
over a year ago

and i mean MASSIVE !

So holes! Want a ladder?

you need to read up on a subject before putting your foot in it

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2002/may/09/uk.houseofcommons

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2002/may/30/politics.jubilee1"

Never mind googeling clippings the fact is the queen DOES pay tax and has paid more than you by a fair stretch.

What sort of ladder do you need to get out of that hole? I'm off to B&Q and they have all sorts

By *obletonMan
over a year ago

A Home Among The Woodland Creatures

"The Beeb should be disbanded or forced to go private and carry ads. They're supposed to be non-partisan but they are so left-wing these days. "

that hoary old chestnut always makes me laugh

when there's a tory government the bbc gets accused of left wing bias - when there's a labour government they are accused of conservative bias.

In my mind if they are pissing off the government of the day whoever that might be then that's a pretty good indication of their lack of bias

over a year ago

"The Beeb should be disbanded or forced to go private and carry ads. They're supposed to be non-partisan but they are so left-wing these days.

that hoary old chestnut always makes me laugh

when there's a tory government the bbc gets accused of left wing bias - when there's a labour government they are accused of conservative bias.

In my mind if they are pissing off the government of the day whoever that might be then that's a pretty good indication of their lack of bias"

Well said

Post new Message to Thread