Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

One sided communication.

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Have you also had them? Where you Keep asking the questions and u might get a yes or no or sometimes a sentence but no question back. How do you deal with them? Do you continue to mail them?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

No

By *alandNitaCouple
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

Yes

over a year ago

I'm fine thanks

By *ittle Pocket PerveWoman
over a year ago

Portsmouth

No... Move on

By *razedcatMan
over a year ago

London / Herts

If I get more than a few one word responses, I assume they're not sufficiently interested and I stop messaging them.

over a year ago

Funny you should say that... I'm the type of person that can hold a conversation and talks for England but I find it very very difficult to ask people questions. So when a conversation isn't started and one just asks me a simple question I find myself just replying :/

I personally just cant ask questions cos I think it's slightly nosey And like what if u ask a personal one someone doesn't wanna answer? I know a lot of people ask me such questions and I dislike it hence I just don't do the same back but that's what I'm like.

over a year ago

Don't ask closed end questions.simple.

By *irtyGirlWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

Haha! No I'm a nosey barsteward so I always say that I won't be offended if you choose not to answer but I ask the question all the same.

If it's like drawing teeth I sack it off. There's gotta be banter else what's the point?

over a year ago

I love a good questions session easiest way to find out what your both about. But some people are just closed off and not all that social. X

over a year ago

If they arent prepared to put the effort in why should you?

over a year ago

"Haha! No I'm a nosey barsteward so I always say that I won't be offended if you choose not to answer but I ask the question all the same.

If it's like drawing teeth I sack it off. There's gotta be banter else what's the point?"

But there can be banter without getting personal is just my view

over a year ago

I've had a couple like that recently, female profiles (but the black silhouette) mailing me with 'hi x' or similar.

I always mail back whoever mails me and then they proceed to give very short answers back and I'm thinking they contacted me so why am I expected to do all the hard work?

I do wonder if it's guys but a couple of them have a few verifications? Anyway, I always remain polite but if they approach me then I don't give out photo's or too much info unless they do first (if I instigate the convo then of course I'll add a pic)

By *irtyGirlWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

"Haha! No I'm a nosey barsteward so I always say that I won't be offended if you choose not to answer but I ask the question all the same.

If it's like drawing teeth I sack it off. There's gotta be banter else what's the point?

But there can be banter without getting personal is just my view "

Of course, but then it depends what you mean by personal... if someone is rude/insulting I'd tell them to sod off but if they ask a question that's too personal, um... i.e. what's your address/postcode is simply say I'm not telling.

I think the way you respond is just as important as the way something has been asked.

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

No I hate one sided communication makes me feel like I'm chasing them and it's not the case...

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

I just don't reply

over a year ago

"Have you also had them? Where you Keep asking the questions and u might get a yes or no or sometimes a sentence but no question back. How do you deal with them? Do you continue to mail them?"

I don't waste my time with such people (yes, sadly I have had them), I go for girls with personality.

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

It's tedious so I stop communicating.

over a year ago

"Have you also had them? Where you Keep asking the questions and u might get a yes or no or sometimes a sentence but no question back. How do you deal with them? Do you continue to mail them?"

Literally had this yesterday, tried a few times to keep communication as open as possible but was like trying to get blood out of a stone. So have not replied to their latest one word reply as I also get the impression (as others have said) that they're not really interested.

I say this as I feel if you are interested then it would be easy to have a conversation and not such hard work. T xx

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Green

over a year ago

Yes it's called marriage

over a year ago

"Yes it's called marriage "

BA DUM TISH!

over a year ago

I don't continue chatting if it feels like I'm making all the effort. ..equally I don't like question after question ...it can feel a bit like a job interview so I tend to withdraw in that situation.

over a year ago

One word answers are a bit passive aggressive.

Wouldn't bother

over a year ago

Being asked question after question is boring,like being on Mastermind. Give me a conversation over question time any day

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

No. All relationships for me have to be two sided and balanced. People who're not into making effort etc get what they deserve, which is no effort in return.

over a year ago

No, I like to talk - in real as well as in writing, so yes and no only answers would drive me nuts. I'd just give up and think they're not interested or interesting to be honest.

over a year ago

if it gets like that call it a day , take it from one who has been there

over a year ago

It just becomes pointless. Best to end the conversation on your own terms.

over a year ago

"No, I like to talk - in real as well as in writing, so yes and no only answers would drive me nuts. I'd just give up and think they're not interested or interesting to be honest. "

You

Most

Certainly

Do

And

Split

Over

Multiple

Paragraphs

By *ngel n tedCouple
over a year ago

maidstone

We find the word "when" puts a stop to those type of conversations

"paragraph"

"one or two words"

( and so on and so forth)

"would you like to meet?"

"yes x"

"when"

"

Insert tumble"

over a year ago

I don't like talking, but I try to be detailed with my responses, especially if I'm wanting to make a good impression. I'd rather people think I'm dumb than know it

over a year ago

"We find the word "when" puts a stop to those type of conversations

"paragraph"

"one or two words"

( and so on and so forth)

"would you like to meet?"

"yes x"

"when"

"

Insert tumble" "