FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Is Etiquette is more difficult than you'd imagine.

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

This lunchtime, on a do, having a marvellous lunch, when after a sumptuous starter the waiter brought what looked like chilled spunk in a glass.

"What's this?" i asked.

"To clean the plate Sir."

Took me two napkins to get my plate clean.

Still, desserts were to die for.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Palate or plate?

Was the spunk like substance cold, like ice cream, but more ice like and less cream like?

That would be sorbet, often offered to cleanse the palate between courses, never to clean the plate.

That's what fairy liquids for.

But I think you know that already.....

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

There was a programme on R4 earlier this year discussing the difference between etiquette and manners. Etiquette is more difficult but manners would mean that when someone gets it wrong you'd turn a blind eye.

over a year ago

"There was a programme on R4 earlier this year discussing the difference between etiquette and manners. Etiquette is more difficult but manners would mean that when someone gets it wrong you'd turn a blind eye.

"

I suppose etiquette would prevent me from saying that Gordon Brown, saviour of the financial world, would be a very forgiving person.

So i won't.

Or Ray Sawyer.

By *erbyDalesCplCouple
over a year ago

Derbyshire

"There was a programme on R4 earlier this year discussing the difference between etiquette and manners. Etiquette is more difficult but manners would mean that when someone gets it wrong you'd turn a blind eye.

"

I thought etiquette was knowing one shouldn't wipe one's cock on the curtains, manners was asking politely before one did?

Mr ddc

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I do know someone who when out for dinner with his prospective in laws drank the bowl of water & lemon they put out for dipping your fingers in after eating finger food

over a year ago

Thinking about it, there was a time when one was sat between two ladies that you would be able to have upto three puddings/desserts, as they would often politely refuse theirs.

Nowadays i've all on to consume my own.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

I don't think there is any one person that gets it 100% right and when they don't most people couldn't give a toss.

However, most people know what's good manners and what's not

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

Is it special spunk to clean the palate? Whose is it?

As for etiquette, I sometimes make my own up as I go along, hoping there's enough sheep around, who know no better.

I was brought up in a home and school environment where etiquette ruled. I still contravened the norms, heathen that I am.

By *otsoSnowWhiteWoman
over a year ago

My Ice Castle! South Wales

"I don't think there is any one person that gets it 100% right and when they don't most people couldn't give a toss.

However, most people know what's good manners and what's not"

Although some forget even simple manners these days too!

I worked with a Polish lady once and she didn't use manners. When asked why she said in her country they are rarely used. Couldn't live like that

Post new Message to Thread