Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Designated Prostitution Area, Newport

Jump to newest

By *LCC OP   Couple
over a year ago

Cambridge

I lived in Newport, South Wales, for a few years, and it will always have a special place in my heart, but its not the nicest city in the world. I see now they are creating a designated area for prostitution in Pill. Does anyone think that this will have a positive impact on the city?

Do you think that designated prostitution areas are a good idea? Should prostitution be legalised?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-east-wales-33667829

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *angerousEyesMan
over a year ago

weston

Well it's never going away. Everything tried so far has not worked, possible made things worse a bit like drug laws. So trying something new could be good thing and if it makes it safer for those involved and clear's residential streets maybe ut will be positive.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

its never going to disappear from our society, if having it more regulated makes it safer for those who work in that aspect of the adult industry and those who use it etc then don't see the problem..

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Is this the new 'professional' thread?

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

It's great if it works. Very positive to hear they're experimenting. If it's safer for the workers, stops home areas having kerb crawlers and pedestrian harassment etc and cuts the police load, then fantastic!

We're so stuck in antiquated ways of tackling stuff, it's just stupid, when they don't work, whether sex, substances or whatever we continue doing, out of habit. State money poured down the drain.

over a year ago

As soon as I read Newport I knew it'd be Pill!

By *razedcatMan
over a year ago

London / Herts

I think designated prostitution areas are a good idea. Yes, the apparent acceptance of the trade may encourage more people to join it, but this designated area is one small step on the route to creating safer working conditions.

The reality is, completely legal and regulated or illegal, prostitution will always exist. Just ask Lord Sewel

over a year ago

"As soon as I read Newport I knew it'd be Pill!"

"On the pull in Pill."

Yep, NTB you can have that slogan for free.

over a year ago

Why not, they already tax it and include it in GDP.

over a year ago

It's worked in the rest of Europe so why not

over a year ago

problem with it being illegal is the people making the decision to make it illegal being judges and politicians are known to be frequent users of them,

So it's a law that can feck off in my opinion

Designated area seems cool but it should be encouraged off the streets and into brothels where better protection is available,

over a year ago

Prostitution is legal but not in a way that makes it safe or regulated, only for tax purposes really.

I don't think a secluded area of any town is the safest way for anyone to go about their business, but no-one gives a shit about that i reckon.

Post new Message to Thread