Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Best friend

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I had a big falling out with my best friend yesterday. We've been besties for over twenty years.

who is your best friend and what makes them so special?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *iamondjoeMan
over a year ago

Glastonbury

My best friend is a mate I've known since college. Highly intelligent alcoholic. We share a love of battleships and Private Eye, amongst much else.

Lived with him for one year, by the end of which I'd developed a stomach ulcer. Not doing that again.

I fixed him up with his wife, now I think of it.

But he's one of the good guys.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Had the same problem with my bestie for over 30 years!

Not heard anything from him in over 2 years now

over a year ago

"I had a big falling out with my best friend yesterday. We've been besties for over twenty years.

who is your best friend and what makes them so special?"

20 years is a long time, you must share a lot of memories.

I dunno how personal it got, but best thing you can do is swallow your pride and apologise. Today.

Longer you leave it, harder it gets

By *oxy_minxWoman
over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

I'm an army brat so no I don't have a best friend and where I live now? Is a very insular community, so even though I have been here over 25 years, unless your born and bred, you don't fit in! And I still don't lol but it doesn't bother x

over a year ago

"I had a big falling out with my best friend yesterday. We've been besties for over twenty years.

Sorry to hear

I have had 5 best friends in my life one from school, lost contact. and 2 ov never fallen out with.

One of them we just stopped talking and the other we fell out big time. She recently got back in touch and we became friends again for me only to find out it hasn't worked out for several reasons.

Hopefully you will make amends and nothing will have changed.

over a year ago

I don't have best friends.....

over a year ago

"I don't have best friends..... "

Aw why not?

over a year ago

"My best friend is a mate I've known since college. Highly intelligent alcoholic. We share a love of battleships and Private Eye, amongst much else.

Lived with him for one year, by the end of which I'd developed a stomach ulcer. Not doing that again.

But he's one of the good guys. "

Stomach ulcer? Was he that bad?

over a year ago

"Had the same problem with my bestie for over 30 years!

Not heard anything from him in over 2 years now "

that's a shame. Is there no way you can reconcile or don't you want to?

over a year ago

20 years is a long time, you must share a lot of memories.

I dunno how personal it got, but best thing you can do is swallow your pride and apologise. Today.

Longer you leave it, harder it gets "

Quite. I'm giving her a couple of days to cool down then i will contact her. Hopefully we can patch things up.

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

My best friend is the person I live with he is my rock we argue but we are soul mates and I love him to pieces as friends

over a year ago

"I'm an army brat so no I don't have a best friend and where I live now? Is a very insular community, so even though I have been here over 25 years, unless your born and bred, you don't fit in! And I still don't lol but it doesn't bother x"

That must be hard for you x

By *rcticFoxxxWoman
over a year ago

Hereabouts

I got married and she got pregnant. We stuck together. We didn't like each other when we were at school though.

over a year ago

Me and my best mate have known each other for 30 years. We are very different, which is why I think it works. We have shared man laughs a tears over the years. I would truly do anything for him and his daughter! She is my namesake, god daughter and sole beneficiary when I pop my clogs!

over a year ago

My dog. I don't have a human best friend. I am a crap friend and never maintain contact. Forget or can never be bothered

I much prefer the company of my dog. People get on my nerves.

By *oxy_minxWoman
over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

"I'm an army brat so no I don't have a best friend and where I live now? Is a very insular community, so even though I have been here over 25 years, unless your born and bred, you don't fit in! And I still don't lol but it doesn't bother x

That must be hard for you x"

Sometimes I suppose so but I am used to it so never relied on anyone but myself x

By *oward1978Man
over a year ago

Rotherham

Can't say I've ever had a best friend. Certainly not as an adult. Don't even know what that even means if I'm honest. Never had it. Guess I had one or two when I was a kid but then life's very different when you're a kid. I have a big issue trusting people, especially guys, so it just doesn't interest me.

By *iamondjoeMan
over a year ago

Glastonbury

"My best friend is a mate I've known since college. Highly intelligent alcoholic. We share a love of battleships and Private Eye, amongst much else.

Stomach ulcer? Was he that bad?"

Yes he fucking is.

By *iamondjoeMan
over a year ago

Glastonbury

Stomach ulcer? Was he that bad?

Yes he fucking is. "

I have learnt, through long years, that I shouldn't try to keep up and it's dangerous to try. Alcohol's not my weapon of choice and hangovers are basically incompatible with small children.

over a year ago

My best friend and I have been friends for 30 years. She's always there for me and recently moved house. First thing she said was what colour do you want your bedroom for when I stay over

By *oxy_minxWoman
over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

"I'm an army brat so no I don't have a best friend and where I live now? Is a very insular community, so even though I have been here over 25 years, unless your born and bred, you don't fit in! And I still don't lol but it doesn't bother x

That must be hard for you x

Sometimes I suppose so but I am used to it so never relied on anyone but myself x"

But I have to say, I was the only one born in England from my family and was presented today with a 'Born in Lancashire and proud of it' mug, it made me laugh as they used to use it against me

By *lik and PaulCouple
over a year ago

Flagrante

Without a doubt it's Paul...there isn't anything he doesn't know about me and he totally accepts me for all that I am. He has my total trust

By *oward1978Man
over a year ago

Rotherham

Without a doubt it's Paul...there isn't anything he doesn't know about me and he totally accepts me for all that I am. He has my total trust "

That's reallly nice. I think the only person I'd ever call my best friend would be my partner. I'm very trusting of women. Now all I have to do is find her!

over a year ago

I've had a best friend since primary school so nearly 45 years she's like a sister to me and she moved away this year so I was so upset I have been to see her a few times this year but still miss her loads

By *adybee77Woman
over a year ago

MAMOBA, miles and miles of bugger all (Aberdeenshire)

I have 2 best friends. Both female - and both very different.

One I can tell absolutely anything - she is the reason I am on fab - she joined, I joined as her back up buddy, she settled with a bf and I stayed. She knows all about it here, and is my confidant for everything about my life - and also someone I have played with a few times.

The other I have known over 20 years now - she was my bridesmaid, and we have gone periods without talking, but again are there for each other when it matters. She is less tolerant of the other side of my life - doesn't know I am bisexual, and does not approve of my being in open relationships - she thinks I deserve more and that its not right.

They are both great ladies, and I adore them both for different reasons. They are both "aunties" to my son.

over a year ago

"I don't have best friends.....

Aw why not?"

To be honest,,,,,, I lost my soul-mate / best friend through illness...

But that aside..... I can't think of anyone I know now who would class me as their best friend and surely being someone's best friends must a mutual connection otherwise its all a lil bit creepy init,,,, Eh!....

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

I don't have many friends as ive been stabbed in the back and don't trust many people and have learnt recently those who you think loves you actually don't

By *oxy_minxWoman
over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

"I don't have many friends as ive been stabbed in the back and don't trust many people and have learnt recently those who you think loves you actually don't "

I gave up a long time ago, I'm very resilient so everything is water off a ducks back now, but it would be nice, 'so I'll be your friend' woof woof lol x

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 26/07/15 20:04:50]

over a year ago

I have known a guy since I was 3 months old, so you could say we are best friends. We have been through thick and thin together, but what ever goes on we are there for each other. He maybe an annoying bugger at times, but it is nice to know he is there.

By *aneandpaulCouple
over a year ago

cleveleys

YOU CAN COUNT TRUE FRIENDS ON ONE HAND AND STILL HAVE SPARE FINGERS

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

If its a very best friend then I would try and make it up.

In 30 years I've only fallen out with my very best friend once, and we where both silly and couldn't wait to sort it out which was only a couple of days later

over a year ago

I married my best friend. We have been together 22 years and he's the only boyfriend I ever had that I didn't get bored with within a month,so I figured after 2 months that he was the one. Turns out I was right .

By *issHottieBottieWoman
over a year ago

Kent

Met her at work when I was 18. She's moved all over the place since and sometimes was as close as the next town and for a while lived in France but worked in the uk so I was her b&b while she was commuting. We don't see each other often now but when we do it's always such good fun and my son loves her too and is forever getting me to call her so he can tell her to come visit!

She's 10 years older than me and we aren't alike at all. How we ever became friends is baffling but we've never fallen out and I don't think we ever will x

over a year ago

Known her for over 30 years.

Both of us have been there for each other countless times.

Lots of laughs and tears along the way.

Never let each other down in all the time we have known each other.

True friendship.

over a year ago

Known my best mate for 30 years, were both pretty chilled out and don't think we've ever argued! Maybe we're TOO chilled out lol

Post new Message to Thread